RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Make Your Own Kind of Rusic (f/ legendary lipsync)

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

They gave us a STACKED cast with UKvsTW (everyone on that season made top 5 or was Pangina) but then ruined it by making the season only 6 episodes long

• Replies 42.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

• ATRL Moderator

I also agree, there is no problem with lower placing queens as long as they’ve had time to grow. 

I’d rather see Nicole Paige Brooks on AS than I would Rosé.  I’d rather see Jaymes Mansfield on AS over Olivia Lux. 

3 hours ago, khalyan said:

I also agree, there is no problem with lower placing queens as long as they’ve had time to grow. 

I’d rather see Nicole Paige Brooks on AS than I would Rosé.  I’d rather see Jaymes Mansfield on AS over Olivia Lux. 

Like seeing Jessica Wild as a LSA on AS6, it reminded me what a sickening queen she is. And she's one queen I would love to see on AS someday. She definitely deserve to show off how she has grown since Season 2. 

• ATRL Moderator
4 hours ago, Stan said:

Ongina

:tsk: ongina may have bombed as5 but she was not a wasted casting. an og drag race legend who was long overdue an all stars spot, along with shannel

Remove Vomilet and replace her with Divinitca Queen. 

Vilet was a “fashion queen” without very many good looks on her season idc. Pearl and Miss Fame outsold on the season.

Violet is whatever and I stan want to **** Perla but there’s no way she had a better runway package :ahh: 

I don’t mind lesser known girls coming back. I definitely mind girls coming back who aren’t hungry to win. 

The way multiple of the AS5 girls got there and immediately gave up? Embarrassing. 

1 hour ago, Relampago. said:

Remove Vomilet and replace her with Divinitca Queen. 

Vilet was a “fashion queen” without very many good looks on her season idc. Pearl and Miss Fame outsold on the season.

The Sasha sneak. :skull:

Yea I agree- I don’t need to see top competitors on AS. I want to see queens that I wish had a longer stay on their original seasons. I’d love to see Irene on an All Stars.

also - I’m excited about the rumored GAS and UKvTW casts - but I’m equally frustrated when some of those heavy hitters leave so early!  That’s why AS7 was perfect. Give us queens we wanna see again without eliminating them- or at least eliminate them at the half way mark or something 

I remember more than one queen voting herself out on AS5 :skull: tragic and a waste of a spot

13 hours ago, OreGuy said:

American All-Stars is in need of a rebrand. The way AS5 and AS6 only had 3-5 "stars" was :deadbanana2: 

It’s become a “redemption” type show because the actual stars are too booked and busy to do it.

Yeah I don't see a problem with casting early/mid outs as long as they were memorable or evolved :michael: I heard that Jaymes Mansfield, for example, had a huge glowup since her original season so maybe someone like her is worthy of a second chance.

1 minute ago, bestfiction said:

Yeah I don't see a problem with casting early/mid outs as long as they were memorable or evolved :michael: I heard that Jaymes Mansfield, for example, had a huge glowup since her original season so maybe someone like her is worthy of a second chance.

:dies::dies:

Tbh I preferred when they had the big name girls all on one All Star season bc we are promised talent and lewks but it becomes too political/stale very quick

I think there’s enough big name stars available to make a good cast tho

One fault this season is that you really couldn’t tell who was close at all :deadbanana2:

I would never be able to tell that Loosey and Sasha thinking about a podcast together

Edited by G.U.Y. Gaga

I actually like the mix of early outs/finalists on All Stars. Sometimes people were truly done dirty and really do deserve a chance to come back (Rajah for example) while others have elevated their drag quite a bit and have far more to offer now (Kylie). 

I also like it because it gives us a chance to see some of these girls again, and even if they flop, they usually provide needed padding for eliminations so the girls who are slaying can escape the bottom here and there (aka they needed someone to go home first!!) My issue with AS2 (and AS1 to an extent) is that with such a strong cast, it causes some girls that I wanted to see more of to get the boot early (Coco/Tatianna comes to mind).

That kind of sucks especially because having a cast made up of queens who slayed one season doesn’t always mean every challenge is gonna be a slay too. So idk. It’s really about the cast dynamic more than anything, that’s what makes it breaks a season.

1 hour ago, bestfiction said:

Girl we’ve literally seen her in an episode last season and during this season’s finale, she definitely had a glow up. I really wouldn’t be surprised if she came back for AS (same for Kahmora and Tempest).

Not Sasha and Loosey besties :bibliahh:

AS6 officially proved that a season filled with flops produces a flop season.

It should be cancelled unless it's All Winners or International All Stars with ACTUAL stars.

The issue with AS is that it's annual. If it was every other year it'd actually be anticipated and way more unpredictable. The lipsync for the cash also needs to be retired.

Edited by dumbsparce

Also the way S14 gave 50k to the runner-up but nothing was given this season because the top 4 (that could have been a top 3) is just so goddamn undeserving. (that's the reason in my hateful mind :fan:)

Unless the top 2 was Sasha VS Mistress the second place should NOT get 50k. :clap3:

S14 managed to have an appropriate top 5 because each queens performed too well to be kicked out of the finale.

S14 > S15

daya-betty-crawling-drag-race-season-14-

• ATRL Moderator
51 minutes ago, Alyssa Edwards said:

S14 managed to have an appropriate top 5 because each queens performed too well to be kicked out of the finale.

are we talking about the top five where daya betty was eliminated in episode two, bosco lost four lipsyncs before she was eliminated, and lady camden was thrown undeserved wins to convince the audience she did well vs one of the strongest top fours in franchise history bc…

if global all stars replaces american all stars the pool of ‘deserving’ queens by some of your standards increases i guess. also opens us up for special seasons eg only first/early outs, villains, great tv characters (boa/skinty/fierce/marina summers all on one season hello), etc.

i enjoy the all stars casts as they are now though. half of the as6 finalists had never won a challenge before, for example, mo heart may never be a finalist/runner-up if some of you decided she wasn’t ‘worthy’ or w/e for as4

4 minutes ago, Unoriginal said:

daya betty was eliminated in episode two

It doesn't matter, literally at all.

6 minutes ago, Unoriginal said:

bosco lost four lipsyncs

"Lost"... She legit WON her first lipsync against Willow to anyone with eyes. A Mistress vs. Jax tea.

7 minutes ago, Unoriginal said:

lady camden was thrown undeserved wins

Camden deserved each one of her wins, they were triumphant and the biggest moments of the season. Tell me HOW she didn't earn it for the Rusical or Daytona Winds for exemple ? :lakitu:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.