RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Make Your Own Kind of Rusic (f/ legendary lipsync)

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

TPS kind of sucked. Bianca was OK but Dela and Jinkx didn't give her much to work with. 

• Replies 42.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Life Savers said:

TPS kind of sucked. Bianca was OK but Dela and Jinkx didn't give her much to work with. 

It’s so funny but the people I watched it with said it was the funniest one ever 

I think it was good though overall though 

• ATRL Moderator
8 minutes ago, R.E.M. said:

That user's posts are so unserious and lowkey offensive..? :toofunny2: It's 2023, Black queens have skills that translate well in high fashion, multimedia, entertainment (e.g., film, music, choreography) because we're finally being given opportunities. I personally don't like seeing my community coddled and infantilized to satisfy some weird white saviour complex. Please just leave us alone :deadbanana4: 

!!

We’ve seen some excellent talent shows from black queens that weren’t lip syncs.  Monet’s opera singing, Rajah’s dress, Kennedy’s dance number.  Obviously there are queens that are plenty capable of serving more than just a standard lip sync. :deadbanana4:

• ATRL Moderator

I kinda agree that like, what do you expect queens to do for a talent show other than .. the talent they’ve honed for most of their career? I do wish ru would praise talents that are more outside the box more but i also feel like that’s exactly what happened in the last episode with anetra winning and jax being high.  :michael:

9 hours ago, Last Boy on Earth said:

The hot Asian was hot until he didn’t stop talking about how he’s the trade of the season and showing of his muscles. You mean to tell me even if in a show dedicated to drag queens we need to deal with these muscle crazed ****? Give me a break

I couldn’t blame him, since he's attractive and hot af:WAP: Anyway, he need to put his cocky attitude aside and concentrate his energy on actual competition because his talent performance wasn't IT :gaycat2: I expected a lot more from him since he's a dancer and his gigs looks fire on youtube, same with miss Sasha :gaycat6:

29 minutes ago, Life Savers said:

Yeah, Jinkx was on another planet and very irritating this episode. Everything was like 20 second delayed and slurred. Dela as Bianca pointed out is too diplomatic to give opinions so it was boring.

Here's hoping the other girls this season won't hold back and they can get more helpful critiques and shade and banter

• ATRL Moderator

25 minutes ago, MJHolland said:

Variety show is a great first challenge 

it’s going to their show and seeing what they do 

Captivating a audience with just a lip sync is drag at its core 

u want a spectacular show of tricks go to cirque du soleil 

It’s amazing being wowed and surprised on drag race but you shouldn’t expect it. 
know your place and be respectful these are people being vulnerable and sharing their art with the world for the joy of drag 

Drag Race needs to be better at rewarding the queens to take risks.  It's just a formula at this point, you show up with an original song about your name and snatching the crown and you're pretty much guaranteed safety even if all you did is walk around and put a crown on your head.  Whereas the queens who take comedic risks like Irene or try to sing live like Loosey are punished for trying something out of the box.

18 minutes ago, Scummyman said:

Talent show for the finale would be amazing, giving the queens total creative control etc

I think this would be absolutely fabulous, and then they can use talent show results to decide the top 2 for the final LSFTC.

13 minutes ago, G.U.Y. Gaga said:

i- even his bad jokes are still funny :dies:

screaming 

• ATRL Moderator

Sorry but Jinkx made TPS unwatchable :pukey: Hopefully the quality of the guests improves.

45 minutes ago, R.E.M. said:

That user's posts are so unserious and lowkey offensive..? :toofunny2: It's 2023, Black queens have skills that translate well in high fashion, multimedia, entertainment (e.g., film, music, choreography) because we're finally being given opportunities. I personally don't like seeing my community coddled and infantilized to satisfy some weird white saviour complex. Please just leave us alone :deadbanana4: 

And who the **** said they didn't exactly? You're "lowkey offended" by me saying that queens of color and black queens in particular are usually better lipsyncers than the white girls? :skull: Be for ******* real. That's damn near a known fact. What were the best and most entertaining lipsyncs all of last AS? The ones that featured a black queen. What were the worst? The ones that didn't. There's only even been like ~20 white queens who can even put on a good lipsync in the show's entire run and most of them, especially recently are flops because they get to benefit from being fan faves despite lacking basic drag queen skills. And the show knows it too that's why there's never even been a black queen able to escape lipsyncing for her life since Tyra Sanchez 13 years ago but white queens do so nearly every single season. There's a reason why every queen who actually deserves to be called a "lipsync assassin" is a queen of color bar maybe 4-5 white queens who actually excel at lipsyncing. Damn that bird brain of yours really prevents you from being able to read coherently. 

27c945a0f5bcca506cd14bda25c94c4a338a62cc.gif

33 minutes ago, khalyan said:

!!

We’ve seen some excellent talent shows from black queens that weren’t lip syncs.  Monet’s opera singing, Rajah’s dress, Kennedy’s dance number.  Obviously there are queens that are plenty capable of serving more than just a standard lip sync. :deadbanana4:

And who said anything contrary to that?? Oh right, no one. Of course the same typical people like yourself have to jump in to paint a FALSE narrative that's full of ****. I swear you girls see any conversation that even mentions race and immediately show your true colors instantly. 

41 minutes ago, Gottasadae said:

I couldn’t blame him, since he's attractive and hot af:WAP: Anyway, he need to put his cocky attitude aside and concentrate his energy on actual competition because his talent performance wasn't IT :gaycat2: I expected a lot more from him since he's a dancer and his gigs looks fire on youtube, same with miss Sasha :gaycat6:

I font mind Aura being in your face about it because there is a big portion of the gay community who will say No rice, No spice, No blacks just a preference sorry, they arent sexually attractive to me, sorry. So an Asian guy coming in being “I’m unapologetically asian and I’m unapologetically hot **** everyone else” i think is actually refreshing. I mean, yall had no issue with the White queens doing it since literally Season 1, but now its annoying when an Asian queen does it. BFF🙄🙄

Also, it gives Aura a storyline that he can build off of. The hot Asian who starts off at the bottom of the pack and climbs his way up, or the hot asian who realizes he isnt crap, and prevents him from getting the Asian curse of being out in the first two/three episodes for having no storyline.

Anyways here for the Sasha-Aura-Anetra dominance for that Asian 1/2/3 punch this year.

so anyway im glad Jinkx is getting ha lashings for that strange behaviour on TPS. So unfunny and annoying :rip:

Jinx’s is one of those people that think they are functional after taking an edible without realizing that there responses are delayed  :dies:

20 minutes ago, G.U.Y. Gaga said:

i- even his bad jokes are still funny :dies:

I'm ******* dying. This is the level of ****** up I expected Bianca's TPS is

5 minutes ago, TheOnlyOne said:

And who the **** said they didn't exactly? You're "lowkey offended" by me saying that queens of color and black queens in particular are usually better lipsyncers than the white girls? :skull: Be for ******* real. That's damn near a known fact. What were the best and most entertaining lipsyncs all of last AS? The ones that featured a black queen. What were the worst? The ones that didn't. There's only even been like ~20 white queens who can even put on a good lipsync in the show's entire run and most of them, especially recently are flops because they get to benefit from being fan faves despite lacking basic drag queen skills. And the show knows it too that's why there's never even been a black queen able to escape lipsyncing for her life since Tyra Sanchez 13 years ago but white queens do so nearly every single season. There's a reason why every queen who actually deserves to be called a "lipsync assassin" is a queen of color bar maybe 4-5 white queens who actually excel at lipsyncing. Damn that bird brain of yours really prevents you from being able to read coherently. 

And who said anything contrary to that?? Oh right, no one. Of course the same typical people like yourself have to jump in to paint a FALSE narrative that's full of ****. I swear you girls see any conversation that even mentions race and immediately show your true colors instantly. 

Also on this, yall know damn well if Tyra lost that final lipsync to Raven, they would have crowned Raven. To bad Raven has the second fastest lipsync loss (next to Alexis Michele who lost before the lipsync started) and the producers could not even savage it for her. 🤣🤣 The fact Tyra beat Raven and was crowned in the same dress she wore to her first pageant is lowkey iconic though. 🤣

Anetra is almost at 120k followers. That’s crazy but it’s what she deserves! See when you do talent

spacer.png

The fact that we’re getting BLACKPINK licensed for the talent show now but Coco couldn’t get a Janet megamix for AS2 is one of the greatest crimes this show has ever committed 

spacer.png

On 1/7/2023 at 8:17 PM, khalyan said:

I can kinda see the resemblance with Eureka and Mistress

There is absolutely nothing similar about Malaysia and Silky

Is You Blind GIFs | Tenor

5 hours ago, qurl said:

i think i said this before but i feel like u can tell she realizes into filming the first episode that if she came out the gate so harsh against the precious white discourse twinks of the season that she was going to be instantly labeled the old fat bitter b*tch by the fandom which is why i feel like she switched halfway thru the episode

Her and the twins are the same age. Mistress is only 24 years old. :skull: the reason she knew them from tiktok is because of how close in age they are. 

Just now, Communion said:

Her and the twins are the same age. Mistress is only 24 years old. :skull: the reason she knew them from tiktok is because of how close in age they are. 

they would still call her old relative to them since her drag harkens back to actual drag queens from the past and not the current tiktok trends , but her being that young does gag me a biT

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.