RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Make Your Own Kind of Rusic (f/ legendary lipsync)

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

• Replies 42.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

56 minutes ago, Hephaestus said:

That's exactly what I pointed out yesterday as well, but all of a sudden they didn't have the time to argue anymore :psyduck:

I don’t have time to educate the heathens in this thread on the connection between POC illiteracy and the stereotypes behind it. If y’all are gonna be intentionally obtuse, I won’t bother. Like, I’m not gonna waste my time and spam the thread like literally every OJH does. :skull: Implicit racism and participation in it exists, you can take it or leave it, but the facts remain. It’s one thing to observe Jorgeous’s obvious lack of education and wish better for her, but some of y’all are actually hating her for being dumb and it’s actually weird?? Like why does that make you hate a person? It doesn’t make her a bad person. It’s not like she even pretends to be smart, she’s self aware so what is the issue?

And you’ll say “oh but she CHOSE to leave school!” and now she’s a successful, world-famous drag queen. So what about it? Elitism still exists with the pejorative comments towards her education. But somehow it’s still something you all want to poke fun at, despite the fact she’s worked hard to become a successful drag queen at a super young age, without needing an education. That is extremely commendable. But no one wants to focus on that because you actually all put much more weight on her education level and drag her for it, when it doesn’t affect her success at all. That’s weirdo behavior: jealous at best, and elitist and implicitly racist at worst. Pick which applies. 

The reality is, Jorgeous and her 2 brain cells are making more money than most of us in this thread will ever see in this thread combined. The rest of y’all will just have to stay satisfied buying clearance aisle poppers, which will certainly ravage your brain cells until you’re left as stupid as Jorgeous. Unfortunately, that reality seems to have set in for some of us in this thread already.

While the rest of us are crushed by the mounting inflation taking place in the world, furiously writing essays on a pop culture form, Jorgeous will be booked and busy, dancing her way to a pretty cheque. Talent.

:mandown:

1 hour ago, TheOnlyOne said:

You don't know me at all if you think that's the only one :eli:

2f2339009553825c882ac031e5d0bcd5afcd9940

Sis, i want one every day until the finale, and every hour the day of the finale. Make :clap3:it :clap3:happen :clap3:.

4 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

I don’t have time to educate the heathens in this thread on the connection between POC illiteracy and the stereotypes behind it. If y’all are gonna be intentionally obtuse, I won’t bother. Like, I’m not gonna waste my time and spam the thread like literally every OJH does. :skull: Implicit racism and participation in it exists, you can take it or leave it, but the facts remain. It’s one thing to observe Jorgeous’s obvious lack of education and wish better for her, but some of y’all are actually hating her for being dumb and it’s actually weird?? Like why does that make you hate a person? It doesn’t make her a bad person. It’s not like she even pretends to be smart, she’s self aware so what is the issue?

And you’ll say “oh but she CHOSE to leave school!” and now she’s a successful, world-famous drag queen. So what about it? Elitism still exists with the pejorative comments towards her education. But somehow it’s still something you all want to poke fun at, despite the fact she’s worked hard to become a successful drag queen at a super young age, without needing an education. That is extremely commendable. But no one wants to focus on that because you actually all put much more weight on her education level and drag her for it, when it doesn’t affect her success at all. That’s weirdo behavior: jealous at best, and elitist and implicitly racist at worst. Pick which applies. 

The reality is, Jorgeous and her 2 brain cells are making more money than most of us in this thread will ever see in this thread combined. The rest of y’all will just have to stay satisfied buying clearance aisle poppers, which will certainly ravage your brain cells until you’re left as stupid as Jorgeous. Unfortunately, that reality seems to have set in for some of us in this thread already.

While the rest of us are crushed by the mounting inflation taking place in the world, furiously writing essays on a pop culture form, Jorgeous will be booked and busy, dancing her way to a pretty cheque. Talent.

That still doesn't change the fact that you made a connection between people mocking her for her lack of education and racism, no one else did. As I've already mentioned, another Latinx was in the S14 cast and despite having clearly more challenges with speaking English and being vocal about coming from Puerto Rico, no one has commented negatively on it.

Jorgeous is a little dumb and people are doing too much on her because at the end of the day she's harmless, but let's not spin it into something that it is not.

Also not sure what was the point in bringing out clearance aisle poppers and making less money than her, but whatever :skull:

The doctoral-level thesis in defence of Borgeous of all people :bibliahh:noT entertaining that mess chile

Just now, Hephaestus said:

That still doesn't change the fact that you made a connection between people mocking her for her lack of education and racism, no one else did. As I've already mentioned, another Latinx was in the S14 cast and despite having clearly more challenges with speaking English and being vocal about coming from Puerto Rico, no one has commented negatively on it.

Jorgeous is a little dumb and people are doing too much on her because at the end of the day she's harmless, but let's not spin it into something that it is not.

Also not sure what was the point in bringing out clearance aisle poppers and making less money than her, but whatever :skull:

Are you insinuating that I created the connection experienced between POC and being uneducated stereotype? Y’all find a new thing to reach for every day. :skull: 

Also, Alyssa is clearly smart and calculated. My statement is y’all seem to take issue with Jorgeous’s education specifically which is tied to being a POC as well, like I mentioned before. It’s the combination of the two that inherently go hand in hand. 

Why do conversations about race make y’all so uncomfortable? Even if you don’t agree, so many of y’all jump to deny long-standing stereotypes and systemic biases that exist within certain spheres. :skull: It doesn’t even have to apply to you, but it’s still a reality that exists and that happens all the time. 

And finally, people keep bringing up Jorgeous’s intelligence as a negative, but she’s super successful and very talented so why does it even matter? It clearly didn’t stop her from being more successful than us in this thread who have to live check to check despite going to college, which is not something to be ashamed of, but there are clearly bigger worries going on than Jorgeous and yet OJH have posted endlessly since yesterday. So maybe it’s time to put the poppers down, take a breather and touch grass. I even tried to end the conversation but OJH couldn’t help themselves and here you were rehashing a topic I tried to drop cause it’s pointless trying to convince you (and pretty much anyone in this thread) of anything. Just look at MergeGate :skull: 

6 minutes ago, R.E.M. said:

The doctoral-level thesis in defence of Borgeous of all people :bibliahh:noT entertaining that mess chile

:psyduck: seriously she is not worth the essays  

1 hour ago, Bimbo said:

Kornbread is quitting drag :stare:

I’m not surprised. She seems very “tense” since transitioning, or what we know of her transition. I think she needs to find her happy place (again). I’ve seen some of her theatre videos, she does have talent. However, I think she’ll always be led back to drag, especially for the right coin. And Korn is definitely a business woman. Kinda like Shangela. 

For half of this thread insisting Jorgeous should be crucified for being dumb, a lot of y’all are very scared of paragraphs.

47 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

Trixie is 100% absolutely NEVER competing on Drag Race again.

Yeah Trixie would bombing even harder on AW season than her S7 & AS3 run i fear :deadbanana4:

Trixie would not survive a winner’s season. She’d win 0 lipsyncs, and I don’t think she’s particularly good at anything to an extent that she’d win a challenge except branding. 

She’s wayyyy better off the show

1 hour ago, TheOnlyOne said:

In just 3 days, the Most Successful Reign of All Time will come to an end and a newer, lesser queen will face the impossible task of trying to live up to the legacy of THEE Symone

Let us take a look back at all RuPaul's successor and the true heir to the Drag Race throne has accomplished in just a year's time:

4 Challenge wins, tying a record for US Drag Race

5953a9e3b2bc63af4d05fda22939b4ce11bec748.gifv

Unprecedented 7/7 lipsync wins, the highest in franchise history

symone-4.gif

First and only drag queen other than RuPaul to guest on Late Night Primetime

maxresdefault.jpg

Featured in VOGUE

69135490_156725825405372_6796066934091305040_n.jpg

Attended the MET Gala

symone-met-gala-2.jpg

OUT Magazine Cover

out300_out100_cover_symone_cr._micaiah_carter_1_edit_copy.jpg

Interview Magazine Cover

2021_CH_zine_cover_final-scaled.jpg

Paper Magazine Cover

img.png?width=784&quality=80

Plastik Magazine Cover

P35+DIGITAL+COVER+TRIALS2.jpg

SOLO International Tour

vmrzaemo0eoie6xh4vkk.jpg

Judd Apatow Movie Star

giphy.gif

Moschino Ad Campaign

r6c0yuvwg0i71.jpg

Maybelline Campaign

s4jsmz2ates81.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=814ac9cb5bdd30f008ac939ef883c2d6f2f8d5cd

LADYGUNN Editorial Spread

01-scaled.jpg

Featured in New York Times

05DRAG-RACE-SYMONE4-mediumSquareAt3X-v2.jpg

Sat Front Row at New York, Milan, AND Paris Fashion Week

e266b976-e998-4d4e-ae7e-c0f667f5b77b-getty-1370269689.jpg?w=653&fit=crop&crop=faces&auto=format,compressVivienne-Westwood_0041.jpg

Fashion Muse, dressed by Gaultier, Mugler, Carolina Herrera, Balenciaga, Valentino, Siriano, and more.

E9vliK5UcAI0HvA?format=jpg&name=large

Savage X Fenty Runway Model

8d70ad8b9eed42d3b3fa4f5597c201ef_lg.jpg

Kacey Musgraves video star

6124623c05530c31008e6f33_o_U_v2.jpg

Red Carpet staple, attending the Primetime Emmy's, MTV Awards, Vanity Fair Academy Movie Museum, etc

GettyImages-1318544683.jpg?resize=3556,5000?w=1092

Hollywood Socialite booked by fellow celebrity elite like Madonna, Lil Nas X, Lizzo, Lil Kim, and more

The-Symone-x-Segway-Photo-courtesy-of-Christian-Cowan.jpg

The Ebony Enchantress has remained BOOKED, BLESSED, and BUSY this entire year. Poor Willow/Bosco/Camden/Angie/Daya for having to follow in this trail blazer's footsteps. Their careers will be eclipsed by their predecessor I fear

Nnnn she was really bussy

36 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

:mandown:

9 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

For half of this thread insisting Jorgeous should be crucified for being dumb, a lot of y’all are very scared of paragraphs.

Oh my :deadbanana2:You’re getting them together ?

1 minute ago, Relampago. said:

Trixie would not survive a winner’s season. She’d win 0 lipsyncs, and I don’t think she’s particularly good at anything to an extent that she’d win a challenge except branding. 

She’s wayyyy better off the show

I was gonna say Pink Table Talk, but the other girls would probably just overshadower her by talking more

Hot take: Outside of the Top 5, the queen that has the best chance at doing well on All Stars is Maddy 

• ATRL Moderator

trixie would win something on an aw season, rigged or not. girl groups, design, branding, acting, improv could all be given to her if she needed wins

4 minutes ago, Rotunda said:

I was gonna say Pink Table Talk, but the other girls would probably just overshadower her by talking more

Honestly she could be a great moderator for a DragCon panel too. 

It’s just that Trixie is a good queen, she just doesn’t excel at Drag Race. The reverse TheyDevil. 

This moment actually made me like Deja quite a bit because I know that read definitely stung and she took it really well :rip: 

40 minutes ago, karron0624 said:

Sis, i want one every day until the finale, and every hour the day of the finale. Make :clap3:it :clap3:happen :clap3:.

BookedT just like Greatest Winner of All Time THEE Symone

37 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

Are you insinuating that I created the connection experienced between POC and being uneducated stereotype? Y’all find a new thing to reach for every day. :skull: 

Also, Alyssa is clearly smart and calculated. My statement is y’all seem to take issue with Jorgeous’s education specifically which is tied to being a POC as well, like I mentioned before. It’s the combination of the two that inherently go hand in hand. 

Why do conversations about race make y’all so uncomfortable? Even if you don’t agree, so many of y’all jump to deny long-standing stereotypes and systemic biases that exist within certain spheres. :skull: It doesn’t even have to apply to you, but it’s still a reality that exists and that happens all the time. 

And finally, people keep bringing up Jorgeous’s intelligence as a negative, but she’s super successful and very talented so why does it even matter? It clearly didn’t stop her from being more successful than us in this thread who have to live check to check despite going to college, which is not something to be ashamed of, but there are clearly bigger worries going on than Jorgeous and yet OJH have posted endlessly since yesterday. So maybe it’s time to put the poppers down, take a breather and touch grass. I even tried to end the conversation but OJH couldn’t help themselves and here you were rehashing a topic I tried to drop cause it’s pointless trying to convince you (and pretty much anyone in this thread) of anything. Just look at MergeGate :skull: 

No, I'm not insinuating anything. I'm saying that you are the only one so far conflating mean comments on Jorgeous' lack of education and racism. I'm not reaching, I'm pointing out a fact.

Alyssa being smart and calculated has nothing to do with the discussion. No one is questioning her intelligence. Her having a language barrier and proudly saying she's Puerto Rican does though and I've already mentioned that no one has used it to discredit her in any way or form.

I have no problem discussing race issues, but people going hard on Jorgeous by allegedly associating her being Latinx to being uneducated is not one of them, I'm sorry. There's literally no evidence for it.

It's also interesting that you decided to quote me of all people who are still attacking Jorgeous. I said that you didn't want to discuss with me yesterday because it's what happened, but I didn't rehash anything. People were (and are) discussing Jorgeous even after you disengaged, yet I'm the one getting heat. Not sure if you're trying to be shady by bringing up merge gate considering I was very vocal about it, but in case you missed it a mod has already explained that it was mostly their decision to bring back the All Stars thread.

I don't want to drag this discussion further because I have nothing else to say, so if you really want to defend Jorgeous, do it by quoting people that are actually insulting her.

22 minutes ago, Rotunda said:

Hot take: Outside of the Top 5, the queen that has the best chance at doing well on All Stars is Maddy 

20 minutes ago, Unoriginal said:

trixie would win something on an aw season, rigged or not. girl groups, design, branding, acting, improv could all be given to her if she needed wins

Tea :siptea:

2 hours ago, Bimbo said:

Kornbread is quitting drag :stare:

A celebration today :clap3:

35 minutes ago, Rotunda said:

It's true. Maddy seems to be a really strong queen that was put in the "look it's a straight drag queen!" box by ru and disposed asap. Her looks have been really good, she seems really good at marketing and her dry sense of humour is actually funny. If she improves her design/sewing skills and is a good performer I can see her doing really well 

1 hour ago, R.E.M. said:

wait why not

I think the podcast/friendship with Willam excludes her from any WOW presents-related show at this point. they won't trust her. she'll be fine, she's already won, she's still top of the tops of this franchise

Just now, modern thing said:

I think the podcast/friendship with Willam excludes her from any WOW presents-related show at this point. they won't trust her. she'll be fine, she's already won, she's still top of the tops of this franchise

She’s been on The Pit Stop recently, I think production is ok with her.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.