RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Make Your Own Kind of Rusic (f/ legendary lipsync)

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

• Replies 42.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

adding to the 13-14 discourse: both have such little replay value for me, mostly forgettable casts but the biggest reason is they’re just too LONG. all of the non eliminations made 14 drag way too much, i’ve been rewatching older seasons and i really wish they’d go back to the standard 42-43 minute episode format instead of every one being an hour plus in length, not to mention the actual episode count.

and of course there’s the issue of now that the show has aired for over a decade most of the new queens learned about drag FROM drag race and so most of them just feel like copies of former queens and it’s hard to bring anything new to the table resulting in mostly forgettable casts. 

Not them actually losing omg :deadbanana2:

The winner looking the worst :rip:

The show losing to some random Lizzo show I didn't even know existed :rip:

Yes. Willow Pill. Yes. LOSERS. :clap3: :jonny:

Jan-07-2022-14-04-00.gif

ABOUT DAMN TIME

Edited by Dula Peep

lol, this franchise needs a BIG break and a revamp. 

Can't believe we're still getting the same tired, dumb, corny ass challenges. It's been 84 years. 

Season 13: most watched premire of all time, multiple EMMYs, legendary iconic winner

Season 14: n/a

2f2339009553825c882ac031e5d0bcd5afcd9940

28 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

lol, this franchise needs a BIG break and a revamp. 

Can't believe we're still getting the same tired, dumb, corny ass challenges. It's been 84 years. 

Yeah it seems like the show thinks the best way to innovate is with annoying twists - when we really just need better challenges.

Lowkey this always happens so even if it was the best season ever this could have still happened. The Television Academy eventually gets tired of the current award darling and breaks in a different direction.

Also, I get that all shows do this to varying degrees, but boy Drag Race goes wild and pulls out all the stops to schmooze voters for their FYC campaign almost to the point that it is bad taste. I work in reality tv and I've heard a lot of co-workers and people I know in the industry complain about it. 

43 minutes ago, Rotunda said:

Yeah it seems like the show thinks the best way to innovate is with annoying twists - when we really just need better challenges.

Like what the f+ck is sh+t like this, for example:

rupauls-drag-race-all-star7-draglicious-as7-as7e08-santas-school-for-girls-elenco-cast.jpg

Nonsensical, cheap sketches that are so, so tired. These queens deserve better than getting embarrased. 

The peak era of Drag Race is officially over, we’re entering the decline :jonny:

So it's chocolate huh

They deserve it for blatantly rig for bosco, the disrespect for viewers :rip:

WOW behind the scenes is fueled predominantly by old neoliberal white men that’s the problem.  They make the decision.  Secret Celebrity drag race is so stupid. I’d love to see the demo breakdown RATINGS on this one. I feel the show appeals mostly to straight white women only.  Are the gays even watching?  

6 hours ago, aayAlex said:

This cast was NOT it

6 hours ago, mokitsu said:

Orion and Jorgeous were the best dressed at the Emmys :1stplace:

Jorgeous and Kennedy tbh. Willow looked so mediocre. Oh good god. What a snooze pill   

6 hours ago, That Bad Eartha said:

Lowkey this always happens so even if it was the best season ever this could have still happened. The Television Academy eventually gets tired of the current award darling and breaks in a different direction.

This. It's sad S14 lost its Emmy because I genuinely think it had the most fun and original challenges (for a US season) in a while.

Also, Willow looks a mess. She's literally given zero winner energy post crowning :skull:

spacer.png

Most watched season

Most awarded season

Most iconic winner

S13 really was that girl 

2f2339009553825c882ac031e5d0bcd5afcd9940

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.