RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Make Your Own Kind of Rusic (f/ legendary lipsync)

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

35 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

I would also like to add that it was RAJAH stanning that was heavily critiqued in here, FAR more than Kylie stanning. Rajah was seen as a hateful ***** no one could possibly like, and Kylie was seen as the older season fan fave queen cause of one sh**** holiday special. 

I wonder why? :coffee:

this is sooooo true

• Replies 42.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

I would also like to add that it was RAJAH stanning that was heavily critiqued in here, FAR more than Kylie stanning. Rajah was seen as a hateful ***** no one could possibly like, and Kylie was seen as the older season fan fave queen cause of one sh**** holiday special. 

I wonder why? :coffee:

You answered your own question. Contrarily from Kylie who left the competition on a good note and left a good impression on a lot of people, Ra'Jah was a middle out with with "an attitude", so her sudden stanning was even more suspicious than Kylie's.

That being said, she (or TKB) should've won AS6 though, let's be absolutely clear.

People clearly argued Jinkx was an easy contender for the crown for the simple fact that she was indisputably the best in S5 and did phenomenal in there, and just like Dela, they have a certain type of skills that work really well within the show (+ was very well liked).

You can argue about whether the lip sync for the crown is fair or not fair method of crowning, but to reduce people stanning Jinkx to the basis of her being just white is kind of disrespecful to her as a drag queen when she's clearly talented and deserving. And I say this as someone who doesn't even care about Jinkx :skull:

Edited by Cloudy

@Relampago. dont you know you MUST agree with the edit and that if the racist producers are crafting a racist storyline to cater to the racist fandom that Shea & Monet didn't earn stars, you simply MUST take them out of the running, stop stanning immediately, and never consider them top 4 material?? How dare you still root for a black queen that the most vocally anti-black posters in this thread deem unworthy!! I mean Willow got her 1 and only win on her second episode and then dust but no one ever took qualms with her being considered "top 4 material" all season long for some reason I can't qwhite put my finger on. 

Someone make sure to inform me which black queens I'm ALLOWED to stan for S15, UK4, and AS8 so I don't trigger the racists into a fit of rage and phony spoiler phobia again.

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611c48bd492d4ae2041c8

1 hour ago, Hephaestus said:

See, that's a different thing though. I'm not saying Monét didn't deserve to win more challenges, what I'm saying it that up to the very last she was one of the two queens with the least amount of stars and people were still swearing up and down that she was top 4 material despite the twist not being announced yet. That's what caught the attention, not that it was Monét specifically that people chose to stan (and it never was the case, it's absurd that I have to stress this point). If this was all about racism as some people claim to be, Shea would've also been part of the discussion since she also greatly benefited from the twist, but you never see it mentioned because literally no one claimed she was top 4 material (although I'm pretty sure people who read spoilers knew about it) as much as some users did with Monét.

I don't get the point you're trying to make for Raja. Yes, people (myself included) praised her a lot and argued that she deserved to win one or two challenges, but that pretty much slowed down as soon as we figured out that she wasn't going to win the season with her lip syncing abilities. I don't think I've seen a single user claiming that Raja would win the QOSDAHH lip sync smackdown and, same as Shea, I imagine some users knew about the outcome.

I also don't agree with the point about Monét/Jaida/The Vivienne. While it's true that Monét is constantly mocked for sharing the AS4 win and didn't complain about it (same could be said about Trinity to be completely honest), it's really not comparable to what Jaida and The Vivienne went through and how it affected them entering this competition. Jaida won and was "crowned" in her living room, lost most (if not all) the opportunities all other US winners have during their reigns and had generally the least amount of time to grow from her season. The Vivienne comes from a different country and a very different drag scene, had small to no connections with the rest of the cast and ultimately won nothing from her season. In my opinion their experiences are vastly different from the rest of the cast and put them at a disadvantage as Monét got the full cash prize and got to fulfil her reign as intended even if she shared the crown with another queen. 

This is because “spoiler alert” the OG top two announced was Jaida and Yvie. No one new Raja was top two until the week before the episode. You can go to the spoiler sub on reddit and see everyone freaking out on how Jaida wasnt top 2 anymore. Thats why the comparison is dumb. Since the beginning it was known it was Jinx vs Monet to Swish Swish, and Jaida vs Yvie to an unknown, probably Pop song. When the episode got edited, the tea was changed to say Jinx vs Monet in a heavily edited lipsync and Raja vs Yvie. Their point also doesnt make sense since, spoiler alert, certain members commented about that change in the spoiler thread when it was announced. ?

Ot

: I do think its false for some of you to say you stan black excellence when you drag Jaida and also wete counting on the fact Shea would get the brunt of hate for the three star twist in the spoiler thread to take away from any hate from Monet. It seems hypocritical to call out someone for not liking monet while some of you very proudly dislike and shade two other black queens. Pot meet kettle.

Ot: Not everyone can know what it’s like to be a black excellence queen and dominate the whole competition giving Ru no choice but to crown them over the fan fave, even when receiving payola from Wow. Some queens just don’t measure up.

tyra-sanchez.gif

anigif_sub-buzz-8019-1621969547-2.gif

Monet could and would never. Bob’s sister is cute though.

3 hours ago, Hephaestus said:

Girl, people claimed she was top 4 material for weeks when she only had 1 star while other queens had 2 or 3 already. It's really that transparent.

And this is not exclusively a Monét discussion, never has been actually. As several other users already pointed out, the same happened with Bosco (and Willow, to a lesser degree) on S14 and Kylie on AS6 just to mention the most recent US seasons.

This was Monet’s third time on the show, has thousands of fans that listen to her every week, she did consistently well all season, why wouldn’t people be rooting for her? People were also rooting for Jaida and Raja going into the finale. Not many were rooting for Shea who ended up top 4.

25 minutes ago, Rigalo said:

This was Monet’s third time on the show, has thousands of fans that listen to her every week, she did consistently well all season, why wouldn’t people be rooting for her? People were also rooting for Jaida and Raja going into the finale. Not many were rooting for Shea who ended up top 4.

Because THEY don’t value Monet in any shape or form so clearly other people aren’t allowed to either without being “suspicious” 

Reminder that 1 win Willow was allowed to be seen as a threat to win all season with NO complaints but daring to stan Monet means you are posting spoilers in the thread cause she’s unworthy of being liked to some and that’s just what’s acceptable here. 

• ATRL Moderator

I’m not understanding why anyone is surprised Monet had supporters going into this season?  She was Miss C her first season, and obviously won her second season.  The majority of people I’ve seen on ATRL liked Monet more than Trinity since AS4.   And Monet had a successful YouTube show and podcast since her win.  

To be honest, most of y’all over exaggerate the whole “spoilers explain why some queens have fans” phenomenon IMO, and this is coming from someone who has been unspoiled since S10.  

Because you fully contributed to that narrative by allowing racist posters to get their way and dog Monet all season long with no consequences. 

Did Jinx deserve to win? YES.

Did she win either lip sync? NO. 

That’s the issue. The finale format didn’t matter one bit AND they edited the final lip sync so a lot of Monet’s best parts were cut out in order to fit the narrative. 

Just do away with this concept and crown the person who did best throughout the season. 

38 minutes ago, karron0624 said:

This is because “spoiler alert” the OG top two announced was Jaida and Yvie. No one new Raja was top two until the week before the episode. You can go to the spoiler sub on reddit and see everyone freaking out on how Jaida wasnt top 2 anymore. Thats why the comparison is dumb. Since the beginning it was known it was Jinx vs Monet to Swish Swish, and Jaida vs Yvie to an unknown, probably Pop song. When the episode got edited, the tea was changed to say Jinx vs Monet in a heavily edited lipsync and Raja vs Yvie. Their point also doesnt make sense since, spoiler alert, certain members commented about that change in the spoiler thread when it was announced. ?

Got it, thanks for filling me in on AS7 leaks. In this case the comparison makes even less sense, I don’t know why they made it if they were aware of that.

38 minutes ago, karron0624 said:

Ot

: I do think its false for some of you to say you stan black excellence when you drag Jaida and also wete counting on the fact Shea would get the brunt of hate for the three star twist in the spoiler thread to take away from any hate from Monet. It seems hypocritical to call out someone for not liking monet while some of you very proudly dislike and shade two other black queens. Pot meet kettle.

You said it! I hope a discussion about Shea taking the heat instead of Monét for the twist didn’t really happen in the spoiler thread, otherwise… Yikes :doc:

4 hours ago, Hephaestus said:

Girl, people claimed she was top 4 material for weeks when she only had 1 star while other queens had 2 or 3 already. It's really that transparent.

And this is not exclusively a Monét discussion, never has been actually. As several other users already pointed out, the same happened with Bosco (and Willow, to a lesser degree) on S14 and Kylie on AS6 just to mention the most recent US seasons.

Girl, Monet is one of the most well rounded on this cast (can sing, act, dance, do comedy), a lot of the queens this seasons had MAJOR weaknesses (Yvie/Jaida/Shea with comedy/improv/acting , Raja with comedy and dancing, Jinkx with dancing and fashion), so it’s really not a stretch to have maintained the opinion she’s top 4 material throughout the season :rip: 

also, there was a suspiciously abnormal amount of LOUD Monet haters, so ofc ppl that like Monet are going to be more vocal as well. 

3 minutes ago, EriKills said:

Girl, Monet is one of the most well rounded on this cast (can sing, act, dance, do comedy), a lot of the queens this seasons had MAJOR weaknesses (Yvie/Jaida/Shea with comedy/improv/acting , Raja with comedy and dancing, Jinkx with dancing and fashion), so it’s really not a stretch to have maintained the opinion she’s top 4 material throughout the season :rip: 

also, there was a suspiciously abnormal amount of LOUD Monet haters, so ofc ppl that like Monet are going to be more vocal as well. 

!!!

As if there werent hoards of people in here making and spamming PANNGED + PLUNGED Monet gifs that were titled "MOOOOnet" over and over. You could not even make a positive post about Monet this season without someone commenting negatively on it. 

Loudly and aggressively hating a black queen = perfectly fine, nothing to see here

Loudly and aggressively stanning a black queen = this MUST be a spoiler, its giving suspicious

45 minutes ago, Rigalo said:

14 minutes ago, khalyan said:

I’m not understanding why anyone is surprised Monet had supporters going into this season?  She was Miss C her first season, and obviously won her second season.  The majority of people I’ve seen on ATRL liked Monet more than Trinity since AS4.   And Monet had a successful YouTube show and podcast since her win.  

To be honest, most of y’all over exaggerate the whole “spoilers explain why some queens have fans” phenomenon IMO, and this is coming from someone who has been unspoiled since S10.  

No one (and I really mean it, no one) is arguing Monét shouldn’t have had following going into the season or is surprised she had people rooting for her. That was never the point of the discussion.

What I and other users are saying is that every time a new season is announced/begins, people who read spoilers don’t even try to hide their bias when posting in here. It has happened for every season so far and will probably happen for future ones.

I was probably one of the most vocal Raja stans during AS7, but even I knew to tone the stanning down when I saw her progress and placements during the season (as any person judging only on what they’re seeing on TV would to). Meanwhile, some Monét fans insisted she was doing great and was going to be in the top 4 despite being one of the two queens with the least amount of stars for the most part of the competition. Just to provide a similar but opposite scenario, Shea had little to no support for the whole season and no one would’ve predicted she would end in the top 4 before the very last episodes, although she also benefitted from the twist (even more than Monét, actually).

Y'all are so tiring. I never read spoilers because it's stupid imo but I was always stanning Monet because she still had a chance to be in the finale and was killing it in the competition even if she didn't have the deserved wins as other production faves. Going into those final episodes, she only needed 1!!! more star to catch up and tie with quite a few queens to be back in the running for the finale but you're telling me it's suspicious to hold on to hope that she could win another badge in the last 2 episodes and be back in the race? :skull: Please. 

12 minutes ago, EriKills said:

And she really is, but doesn’t change the fact that she didn’t get a second star until the penultimate challenge. Would someone that only watches the show and isn’t aware of the twist be genuinely able to predict she’d be in the top 4? Personally, I don’t think.

You’re right about the second point though, it’s a dog chasing its tail.

2 minutes ago, FAN said:

Did Jinx deserve to win? YES.

Did she win either lip sync? NO. 

That’s the issue. The finale format didn’t matter one bit AND they edited the final lip sync so a lot of Monet’s best parts were cut out in order to fit the narrative. 

Just do away with this concept and crown the person who did best throughout the season. 

She literally just did the choreography which has been said is lazy since S3. We are 11 years from season 3, and even other winners (see Aquaria) have been called out for it or doing it badly/stiffly. Jinx actually performed the song well while Shea did a worse version of Jan imitating Gaga. Jinx rightfully won the first lipsync, but easily lost the second.

Things the show has been consisten on:

1. Doing the Choreo since S3 = you are lazy and you lose (with the exception of Aquaria who got a tie).

2. Losing you wig since S5 (with the exception of Heidi, who I believed ended up in a tie as well).

3. Taking off you shoes since or wearing flat shoes S5 = you lose. (With the exception of Alaska as little miss poundcake).

4. Wig reveal to no wig means you lose with the exception of bald presenting queens since S5 (i.e Sasha, Ongina, Lala, i believe Monet and Bob could get away with it. Bebe should have been able to get away with it since it is also her gimmic, but “she aint no sasha valeour.”)

Shea broke rule number 1 hard, and everyone who has watched the show knew immediately that she lost. Jinx also turned the lipsync in her own style, while We could only see that Shea was a little monster.

23 minutes ago, khalyan said:

Its not the supporters. All the queens are winners so all of them have supporters. But there is a difference between supporting queens (i.e saying Raja is robbed on the first two challenges and leaving it at that) vs saying X queen is a top 2 lock on finalist 1 win halfway through the season with three queens supposedly locked into the finale and the other queen being tied FOR LAST with THREE challenges left, while also saying that she is going to beat a queen in stars when with THREE CHALLENGES LEFT THERE IS NO WAY POSSIBLE TO CATCH UP. Add in the fact that the people saying this ARE CONSTANT POSTERS IN THE SPOILER THREAD.

Lets be clear, you dont have to be in the spoiler thread to know who posts in it since their names constantly come up as the last person to post on the thread in the entertainment section. Add in the fact that when you read the spoiler thread, other members are constantly telling those same members that they are pushing the boundaries in the main thread based on whats actually happened in the season.

Once again, no one cares the Monet has fans. What people care about, and why people are dragging her, is that her stans came in here from the spoiler thread all brazen, actively pushing the boundaries of what “production would do because its a TV show.” You know what production would do because you actually read what production did, GTFO of here. And then to come back and gaslight people in this thread by saying “saying someone spoiled it is outrageous, and you spoiled it yourself” when there is a clear distinction between members who go in the spoiler thread and members who don’t, and we all know who goes in the spoiler thread is bullshit.

Yall can support whoever you want. Tyra and Sharon still have supporters on here. But dont act like a lot of the Monet supporters werent sitting in the spoiler thread then coming over here ready to give “hints.” But thats all i have to say about the fans of the half crown twice a loser drag queen. My fave may be cancelled and retired (for now), but i stan winners who can win despite production, the fanbase, her fellow competitors, fellow winners, and even Rupaul rooting for a different contestant.

tumblr_o7ge50NxPm1qale3oo1_400.gifv

OT: Also, fyi, a lot of OMH don’t actually hate Monet. We are just dragging her because of certain users. Some people just are happy she lost the season and are rubbing it in certain people’s faces. Monet had a good run and would have been a good winner. But the fandom, production and Rupaul didn't choose her. Quite frankly, if she would have won, it would have guaranteed Bob came back so production ****** themselves in the ass here. 

But also, lets see if Kylie and some other queens call out some of the winners/drag race girls for not supporting the “winner” like they called out Tyra for not knowing who Sasha was. Im still waiting for them to call out Raven, but that’ll never happen.

Maybe the finale format should be someone getting crowned for the lipsync smackdown ONLY then having an overall winner. 

But then it'd invite new arguments of queen A not winning the lipsync smackdown therefore not deserving of the overall crown etc.

7 minutes ago, karron0624 said:

Also, fyi, a lot of OMH don’t actually hate Monet. We are just dragging her because of certain users

This is really deranged behaviour and the fact that you're freely admitting this :rip:

And before yall come for me, im sick with Covid so thats how i have time to write paragraphs today. ?

This is also a Tyra Sanchez stan account so I’m messy like my fave. Now go stan Bob and his sister over at Sibling Rivalry. 

cb07ff0c243032b3854322ce4e7d337776d1f230

• ATRL Moderator
19 minutes ago, Hephaestus said:

but even I knew to tone the stanning down when I saw her progress and placements during the season

this is entirely your choice though, i  personally wouldn't stop stanning a queen because they weren't placing in the top. i've been a loud jaida stan the entire season despite her having the worst track record of the cast, for example, but that was never called suspicious. users stanning monét, myself included, don't have to "tone the stanning down" because that's what you did

2 minutes ago, HotFriedChicken said:

This is really deranged behaviour and the fact that you're freely admitting this :rip:

This happens all the time, and you’re on a pop music forum. Monet will never see these posts and her Patreon gets my coins anyways. She is fine. Also, you have some posts that are also questionable and “deranged.” Pot meet kettle. 

• ATRL Moderator
13 minutes ago, karron0624 said:

OT: Also, fyi, a lot of OMH don’t actually hate Monet. We are just dragging her because of certain users. Some people just are happy she lost the season and are rubbing it in certain people’s faces.

?????

6 minutes ago, karron0624 said:

Its not the supporters. All the queens are winners so all of them have supporters. But there is a difference between supporting queens (i.e saying Raja is robbed on the first two challenges and leaving it at that) vs saying X queen is a top 2 lock on finalist 1 win halfway through the season with three queens supposedly locked into the finale and the other queen being tied FOR LAST with THREE challenges left, while also saying that she is going to beat a queen in stars when with THREE CHALLENGES LEFT THERE IS NO WAY POSSIBLE TO CATCH UP. Add in the fact that the people saying this ARE CONSTANT POSTERS IN THE SPOILER THREAD.

Lets be clear, you dont have to be in the spoiler thread to know who posts in it since their names constantly come up as the last person to post on the thread in the entertainment section. Add in the fact that when you read the spoiler thread, other members are constantly telling those same members that they are pushing the boundaries in the main thread based on whats actually happened in the season.

Once again, no one cares the Monet has fans. What people care about, and why people are dragging her, is that her stans came in here from the spoiler thread all brazen, actively pushing the boundaries of what “production would do because its a TV show.” You know what production would do because you actually read what production did, GTFO of here. And then to come back and gaslight people in this thread by saying “saying someone spoiled it is outrageous, and you spoiled it yourself” when there is a clear distinction between members who go in the spoiler thread and members who don’t, and we all know who goes in the spoiler thread is bullshit.

Yall can support whoever you want. Tyra and Sharon still have supporters on here. But dont act like a lot of the Monet supporters werent sitting in the spoiler thread then coming over here ready to give “hints.” But thats all i have to say about the fans of the half crown twice a loser drag queen. My fave may be cancelled and retired (for now), but i stan winners who can win despite production, the fanbase, her fellow competitors, fellow winners, and even Rupaul rooting for a different contestant.

tumblr_o7ge50NxPm1qale3oo1_400.gifv

OT: Also, fyi, a lot of OMH don’t actually hate Monet. We are just dragging her because of certain users. Some people just are happy she lost the season and are rubbing it in certain people’s faces. Monet had a good run and would have been a good winner. But the fandom, production and Rupaul didn't choose her. Quite frankly, if she would have won, it would have guaranteed Bob came back so production ****** themselves in the ass here. 

But also, lets see if Kylie and some other queens call out some of the winners/drag race girls for not supporting the “winner” like they called out Tyra for not knowing who Sasha was. Im still waiting for them to call out Raven, but that’ll never happen.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. You put it way better than I could.

It’s f*cking sickening that some users are allowed to go around and call people racists just because they have a different opinion or don’t see eye to eye with them. It’s so childish and shows that they’re not able to hold a conversation unless they have the upper hand in it. It’s bordering on harassment, to be completely honest.

Now its harassment :ahh:

"I hate a poster stanning a black queen SO much that I'm gonna show them by bashing said black queen, feeding into racist rhetoric, and calling her talentless for 12 weeks straight" 

Whew this thread is WILD 

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611170c4a8817ed29f7f8

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.