RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Make Your Own Kind of Rusic (f/ legendary lipsync)

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

Y'all know if Monet had won over Jinkx the discourse would be something like: "LSFTC needs to be retired. Can't believe Monet won when Jinkx chewed the whole season. Imagine Bianca losing because something stupid like that. :rip: They need to retire that format!"

So, yeah... Zzzz. The reality is that the franchise needs to take some serious break. So much mediocrity. 

• Replies 42.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly dont see Naysha going far if shes indeed on all stars :rip:

which will make the viewing parties even more exciting :ahh:

3 hours ago, Body Talk said:

What’s the tea on why everyone hates Cracker?

No talent

She's just been messy in the past. Some things I can remember was something to do with how the black queens aren't stars cause they have less IG followers (talking about Asia I think), she danced on some guy's car and dented/damaged it, and I've seen people say she defended sexual assault but I'm not exactly sure what that's referencing either.

But for ME, I just think she's pretty cringe. Not my type of humor or performer. I'm sure some Cracker haters probably just hate her for that alone too. 

It's wild to me that people are focused on the buffoonery of production rigging the Jinkx v Monet/Shea lip-syncs...and ignoring that the latter two wouldn't have even been in the finale had production not created the 3-star-win twist the previous episode purely to take Shea from the bottom to viable finalist. Then production had Monet - who until recently was joint bottom - pick the fourth finalist, rather than it be badge-based like the other 3. Wild.

The thing that got me was how easy it would've been to rig the lip-syncs by song choice and look fairer. Want Jinkx to win? Don't give her Swish Swish (and Judas) ffs?! 

4 minutes ago, toanythingtaboo said:

It's wild to me that people are focused on the buffoonery of production rigging the Jinkx v Monet/Shea lip-syncs...and ignoring that the latter two wouldn't have even been in the finale had production not created the 3-star-win twist the previous episode purely to take Shea from the bottom to viable finalist. Then production had Monet - who until recently was joint bottom - pick the fourth finalist, rather than it be badge-based like the other 3. Wild.

The thing that got me was how easy it would've been to rig the lip-syncs by song choice and look fairer. Want Jinkx to win? Don't give her Swish Swish (and Judas) ffs?! 

? Monet would have had 3 stars even without the 3 star twist. Legends, branding and the variety show. That means the finale would have been Monet, Jinkx, Trinity and Jaida instead of Shea. 

The only one who benefitted from that twist was Shea, not Monet. But even then, Jaida only won 2 challenges just like Shea, so it’s not like she was heavily robbed just cause she got a free star for doing nothing. 

The true robbed queen was Viv, but that’s what she gets for opening her mouth and saying she’d block Jinkx :rip: 

On 7/30/2022 at 8:55 PM, Relampago. said:

Another Darienne stan, taste :clap3: 

And Monica as in Beverly Hillz? Serena ChaCha being casted teas nnn But I’d still love to see her. 

I’m hoping for Thorgy, Tatianna, Jessica W. and April C. Not sure how realistic it is but I think they’d be fun to see back. 

Of course I stan the lip sync diva of S6 (along with TKB, let's be clear) and OG shady elephant! :johnald:

Yup and I'm aware she probably wouldn't go far, but I don't mind it. I'd like to see her again.

Yes Jessica Wild and April Carrion yes talent and beauty! I'm not sure April is open to return, but I think Jessica will at some point. They better bring back Thorgy and Tatianna too, but they better go far this time because they're TV gold.

8 hours ago, ALittleGauche said:

The cameos! Scarlet Envy, Yuhua Hamasaki, Brita Filter, Vivacious, Indya Moore and Blair St. Clair!

I can see people talking about how the LSFTC was considered useless as they didn't base it on the actual outcomes, but to be fair, so were the point systems? Handing out free stars randomly one week and then spontaneously making it a 3 star episode challenge? That totally negates the fact of the point system too.  

It was a clear set up to put Shea in the finale and make Monet the queen with most stars. Don't think it should come as a surprise to people that Drag race is very produced and at the end of the day its "Rupaul's Drag Race" not "America's Drag Race", so y'all got to accept that Ru is just going to crown who his fav was this season.

Even Ru assigning Monet the power to break the tie was produced. In prior seasons it was up for the queens who weren't in the top to make the decision, but they knew Monet would insert Trinity in the finale due to the allegiance they formed. They had a clear vision on who their Top 4 would be and did everything they can to make it happen.

In regards to LSFTC, I agree Sasha Valor was an exception, had that LSFTC not been in public I wonder if she would have made the same decision. It's hard to go against a crowd that was roaring for Sasha during the lipsync.

Monet even confirmed that Eureka mopped the floor with Aquaria during the LSFTC, and they double shantayed to avoid S9's history from repeating itself.

LSFTC is just meant to bring excitement and mystery to us viewers for the crowning, but at the end of the day, If it's not done in PUBLIC, trust that production/Ru will vote for their fav queens and not who ate the lipsync. We've got to come to terms with it and just enjoy the show and be grateful that it's catapulted our favs to being the drag superstars that they are. 

To me im content with the winner because for me I base my winner on who ATE that season, and Jinkx clearly ate. We've got to keep in mind that Jinkx hasn't been on the show for nearly a decade while Monet/Shea/Trinity have been on it twice within the past few years; they were kind of at an advantage since they're more familiar with how drag race is today, yet Jinkx still prevailed!

ALL HAIL MONSOON SEASON. Hecate hecate hecate! ?‍♀️

Everything was wrong. I'm not mad about who won because I'm a fan but there was extreme riggatry going on and it was so obvious.

Shea slays the season, double the wins of S*sha but suddenly only the lipsync matters

Shangela dominates the season, triples the lipsync wins of Tr*xie but suddenly only the jury vote matters

Ra'Jah slays all season, gives epic redemption storyline but is edited out of the lipsync to make Kylie win

Monet is competitive all season, has the most stars, DOGWALKS the lipsync but suddenly track record matters

The girls crying about track record!! being the same ones who were rooting for 1-win Willow to win 3 months ago :deadbanana:

6/8 white queens in the hall of fame now despite Trixie, Trinity, Kylie and Jinkx all being undeserving who were only crowned bc they got a higher internet reception by this racist fanbase. Alaska was the last white queen to actually earn the crown yet 4 more were crowned after her and somehow ya'll let WoW trick yall into the false narrative that Monet & Shea were the benefactors of rigging :rip:  In all the years of voting, a black queen has only topped the fan vote twice yet they've used it to determine the winner every single VH1 season :skull:

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611b8f475bc40ed95e9fa84b34c38513c426df33bcb&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

They really value black queens SO little that they'd rather BOTCH their finale and sacrifice the entertainment value by  giving us horribly spliced lipsyncs than admit their white production fave flopped at the end

200w.webp

It's funny how some girls are mad about the lip syncs - crowned queen results but not mad about giving 3 stars out of nowhere 

:bibliahh:

45 minutes ago, TheOnlyOne said:

Shea slays the season, double the wins of S*sha but suddenly only the lipsync matters

Shangela dominates the season, triples the lipsync wins of Tr*xie but suddenly only the jury vote matters

Ra'Jah slays all season, gives epic redemption storyline but is edited out of the lipsync to make Kylie win

Monet is competitive all season, has the most stars, DOGWALKS the lipsync but suddenly track record matters

The girls crying about track record!! being the same ones who were rooting for 1-win Willow to win 3 months ago :deadbanana:

6/8 white queens in the hall of fame now despite Trixie, Trinity, Kylie and Jinkx all being undeserving who were only crowned bc they got a higher internet reception by this racist fanbase. Alaska was the last white queen to actually earn the crown yet 4 more were crowned after her and somehow ya'll let WoW trick yall into the false narrative that Monet & Shea were the benefactors of rigging :rip:  In all the years of voting, a black queen has only topped the fan vote twice yet they've used it to determine the winner every single VH1 season :skull:

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611b8f475bc40ed95e9fa84b34c38513c426df33bcb&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

They really value black queens SO little that they'd rather BOTCH their finale and sacrifice the entertainment value by  giving us horribly spliced lipsyncs than admit their white production fave flopped at the end

200w.webp

TEA TEA TEA :clap3: That first paragraph literally slapping the hypocrisy in the face.

1 hour ago, TheOnlyOne said:

200w.webp

Spill

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611b8f475bc40ed95e9fa

200w.webp

Welcome back sis! 

But yeah, wbk the narrative changes depending on what’s beneficial at the time. Nothing to be done about, just gonna continue to focus on supporting TALENT. The black queens end up with successful careers anyways, while the payola white girls disappear to their Walmart parking lot tours (except Trixie and Alaska). 

You can think Jinkx was right to win but gaslighting Shea and Monet and saying they lost their respective lip syncs is a JOKE. They took the time to have direct references to the source material while also turning it in their own way, not that it would even matter to RuPaul who hasn't consumed pop culture outside of Woah Vicky since Reagan was in office.

2 hours ago, Bimbo said:

:skull:

2zuyv088d4f91.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=62084acc625707084ad9d84a17a79c77a14af724

Oh Shea… I mean I don’t disagree with her, but she should take pride in how she did and find solace cause this fanbase is NOT gonna be receptive of her saying this. 

But I mean, honestly, **** the fans anyways, if Ms. Couleé wants to pop off, then more power to her. It’ll definitely invite even more hate to be tossed her way, but people hate Shea for existing anyways so :skull: 

200w.webp

Welp, miss thing came back spilling FACTS

:gaycat:

6 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

Welcome back sis! 

But yeah, wbk the narrative changes depending on what’s beneficial at the time. Nothing to be done about, just gonna continue to focus on supporting TALENT. The black queens end up with successful careers anyways, while the payola white girls disappear to their Walmart parking lot tours (except Trixie and Alaska). 

It's proof that no matter how hard they try commodifying the show to appeal to the cis white girls who go to drag brunches that the community at large recognizes who is it. The girls should have more, but it's never going to take away from what they already have.

12 minutes ago, Both Sides Now said:

Naomi’s mug :skull:

Somebody lied to her several times...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.