RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Make Your Own Kind of Rusic (f/ legendary lipsync)

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

2 hours ago, Bhabylon said:

The Monet fans are still going :rip:

bless your hearts :rip: 

Monet haters are talking about her more than her fans :rip:

• Replies 42.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Blue Rose said:

Monet still the topic of discussion here…

you know you’re that ***** when you cause all this conversation 

Literally hardly a mention of Stinkx on the last few pages :rofl:

• ATRL Moderator
18 hours ago, HotFriedChicken said:

Shea was the real winner  tbh. She came in, showed us her heart and did amazingly in all the challenges. She should have been in the top 2 with Monet but regardless of producer riggory she did an amazing job. I'm so proud of our Chicago girl :cries:

!!! people can drag her all they want but she killed the season and was the first contestant to wear haute couture on the runway :wap: 

17 hours ago, Relampago. said:

Even if you think she didn’t beat Raja (imo she did), it’s not like Raja stomped her. They should have given the 50k to Yvie since she literally won’t be able to do drag anymore soon and she got shafted for most of the season.

I feel so bad for her.

plus the fact that she's the only queen to come out of the season having won no money must be such a downer for her considering the edit and tone of the season

14 hours ago, TeemoR said:

You guys are really arguing still about that final lipsync?

1) EVERYONE wanted Jinx to win (I am talking about GP, not ATRL)

2) Jinx did BY FAR the best throughout the season. Literally, on every pit stop episode, the guest would bet on Jinx and choose Jinx as the one performing the best.

3) Even if Monet did a little better on that final lipsync, she didn't do that well either. Her performance was boring and with a predictable choreography. 

I understand the drama with AS3 and AS4, but this is not the case with this season. 

:clap3:

The tea was spilled. We all agree that Monet delivered a better final lipsync, not even a horrible editing could hide the fact that she did better than Jinkx, but the over-reactions are way too much. They wanted to crown the queen who did the best throughout the season, Ru blatantly even said it, it's not like they were pretending that Jinkx destroyed Monet in Swish Swish. 

+ Monet did something that, in general, RuPaul hates, which is delivering an original choreo that already exists. No one cares about a queen performing an existing choreo to a popular song, let's leave that for us gays when we go at the club dancing. Apart from the lipsticks that were edited out, Monet delivered a predictable lipsync that was far from outstanding. It was a good one for sure, I mean, she's Monet X Change, but it wasn't out of this world. Just like Shea performed a Gaga tribute act on Judas: boring and predictable as hell.

Some of you are acting like that lipstick comedy-trick could have been a Sasha Velour moment in Drag Race herstory: not at all, it would have been a good moment for a laugh, that's it.

So they filmed both Jinkx and Monet getting the crown? Did they do the same with Raja and Yvie?

12 hours ago, ALittleGauche said:

Monet also served us the worst finale look of all time.

That was Sharon‘s squid fingers, tank top, and leggings 

Naysha's absence in Roscoe's viewing parties + her random appearance on the PitStop.

Yeah... All Fillers 6 Part 2 (The Remix) is coming

giphy.gif

and no i don't read spoilers it's just very obvious

• ATRL Moderator

Naysha is a former Miss Continental, other than her only Vanessa Van Cartier and Brooke Lynn Heights have been Miss Continental winners that have been on the show.  It's quite an accomplishment and regardless of her first run on the show she easily deserves the chance at AS.

• ATRL Moderator

Honestly, Drag Race does a pretty good job of getting good queens to come back for AS seasons.

The only exceptions are Serena Chacha, Miz Cracker, and Blair St Clair.  

4 minutes ago, khalyan said:

Honestly, Drag Race does a pretty good job of getting good queens to come back for AS seasons.

The only exceptions are Serena Chacha, Miz Cracker, and Blair St Clair.  

Oh please. More than half of AS5&AS6 cast were no1curr nobodies. I don't understand why WOW thinks we want to see people like Ginger Cringe, India, Jiggly or Yara.

14 hours ago, Raw Honey said:

But it didn't????? :rip: 

Let's pretend AS3 finale  isn't the lowest rated episode of the series on IMDb and that Jinkx wasn't the GP's choice ig. :bibliahh: Jinkx won't be lashed every time her win is brought in the future like Trixie either. This "outrage" will be gone in a week.

Maybe we’re just not seeing the same thing though? All I see is discourse surrounding getting rid of the LSFTC since it sometimes matters and sometimes doesn’t. 

Contrary to popular belief, being riled up doesn’t mean queens have to be **** on like people did/do to Trixie. I see both Monet and Jinkx getting their deserved flowers, from all sides of the fanbase. But there’s definitely a ton of discussion aimed at production’s heavy handedness, and that goes beyond even this finale (3 stars, the charity stars, some wins, etc). 

As for the “outrage” going away, I mean I’m sure it will as most things do? But it’ll be interesting to see if the queens really do go through with their reunion or “spilling tea”. And like I said earlier in this thread, I think this finale is another drop in the bucket of people starting to get really annoyed with the show’s plastic production tactics cheapening the rawness that the early seasons had.

Edited by Relampago.

At the end of the day the only reason Jinx's win can be debated (poorly) it because of the Lip for the Crown.

It's a terrible format and only works to get us excited for the finale. Jinx is literally one of the most popular winners ever, and it makes perfect sense that she would win an All-Winners season. I am not necessarily a Jinx fan (I wouldn't pay to go see her/not my gig) but it's very clear she STOMPED this season.

This is one of my favorite seasons of Drag Race because I felt that an All Stars season of Drag Race because about, well, drag, again.

Edited by Jaay

• ATRL Moderator
51 minutes ago, P.O.P said:

Oh please. More than half of AS5&AS6 cast were no1curr nobodies. I don't understand why WOW thinks we want to see people like Ginger Cringe, India, Jiggly or Yara.

Ginger Minj, finalist on S7 and featured on three different Netflix shows, is an AS.

India Ferrah, TALENT show winner and catalyst of the still remaining drama between cast members giving us something other than RuPaul's Best Friend Race, is an AS.

Jiggly Caliente, actress on Pose and permanent judge of Drag Race Philippines, is an AS.

Yara Sofia, TALENT show winner and robbed queen of AS1, is an AS.

--

Blair St Clair, second tier Taylor Swift impersonator behind Dragula star Jade Jolie, is not an AS.

Serena ChaCha, the most hated queen from S5 and crusty wig creator, is not an AS.

Miz Cracker, supporter of predatory sexual behaviors, is not an AS.

literally disagreed with every lip sync outcome i think :rip:

Shea doing the actual Judas choreo was a bit lame but still better than whatever Jinkx was doing

Monet doing the floss :deadbanana: but again, a lot better than Jinkx

thought Raja and Yvie were the only ones with great final runways

On 7/29/2022 at 8:32 AM, That Bad Eartha said:

Like season 3 is my ultimate piece of comfort television

same, it'll always be my favorite season :jonny:Leotarded, QNN and Snatch Game back to back >>>

I think she did better on S3 but I was happy to see her back anyway

Edited by K$Ellie

1 hour ago, Relampago. said:

Maybe we’re just not seeing the same thing though? All I see is discourse surrounding getting rid of the LSFTC since it sometimes matters and sometimes doesn’t. 

Contrary to popular belief, being riled up doesn’t mean queens have to be **** on like people did/do to Trixie. I see both Monet and Jinkx getting their deserved flowers, from all sides of the fanbase. But there’s definitely a ton of discussion aimed at production’s heavy handedness, and that goes beyond even this finale (3 stars, the charity stars, some wins, etc). 

As for the “outrage” going away, I mean I’m sure it will as most things do? But it’ll be interesting to see if the queens really do go through with their reunion or “spilling tea”. And like I said earlier in this thread, I think this finale is another drop in the bucket of people starting to get really annoyed with the show’s plastic production tactics cheapening the rawness that the early seasons had.

Production rigging and LSFTC drags has been discourse for multiple seasons, it's literally nothing new. :toofunny3:

And it's very ironic for y'all to talk about Monet getting rigged when once again, she literally admitted everyone in production told her she ate after it was done. Y'all wouldn't shut UP if Jinkx had said something like this, it's hypocritical. 

People might be mad at Monet losing the lipsync but literally almost everyone in the GP wanted Jinkx to win the entire season and acknowledged that her being a strong competitor makes her a worthy winner anyway so I don't see how this is bigger outrage than AS3. :michael:

53 minutes ago, khalyan said:

Ginger Minj, finalist on S7 and featured on three different Netflix shows, is an AS.

India Ferrah, TALENT show winner and catalyst of the still remaining drama between cast members giving us something other than RuPaul's Best Friend Race, is an AS.

Jiggly Caliente, actress on Pose and permanent judge of Drag Race Philippines, is an AS.

Yara Sofia, TALENT show winner and robbed queen of AS1, is an AS.

--

Blair St Clair, second tier Taylor Swift impersonator behind Dragula star Jade Jolie, is not an AS.

Serena ChaCha, the most hated queen from S5 and crusty wig creator, is not an AS.

Miz Cracker, supporter of predatory sexual behaviors, is not an AS.

this isn't necessarily to say i support or hate any of these queens in particular, but its v easy to frame **** like this when cherrypicking what to focus on. india ferrah aside from her talent show flopped like every other episode of the series she ever appeared in + is generally disliked by most other drag race girls, and jiggly stays saying the n-word despite not being black. blair, while i wouldn't have picked her out for an AS cast, showed a lot of improvement in the short time from s10. and cracker did great + was a fan fav on s10 + did p good on all stars also. :michael:

2 hours ago, Raw Honey said:

Production rigging and LSFTC drags has been discourse for multiple seasons, it's literally nothing new. :toofunny3:

And it's very ironic for y'all to talk about Monet getting rigged when once again, she literally admitted everyone in production told her she ate after it was done. Y'all wouldn't shut UP if Jinkx had said something like this, it's hypocritical. 

People might be mad at Monet losing the lipsync but literally almost everyone in the GP wanted Jinkx to win the entire season and acknowledged that her being a strong competitor makes her a worthy winner anyway so I don't see how this is bigger outrage than AS3. :michael:

Yeah and it’s discourse that’s still going on now. I was surprised to see so much of it even with Jinkx being the massive fan favorite, but I’m glad the fans are calling it out. 

Not sure about the second paragraph… What does Monet being congratulated have to do with anything Jinkx said or didn’t say? So if Jinkx had said production congratulated her, we’d say it was rigged for her? Cause I don’t think production rigged Swish Swish for Monet just cause they congratulated her, but I also wouldn’t care if Jinkx said she got congratulated either, so I’m a bit confused about this part.

I’m not saying it’s bigger outrage than AS3. I’m just saying I see lots of discourse about it.

I think you may be interpreting my posts incorrectly. I think Jinkx winning is fine. I’m only speaking to people mentioning that they’re tired of LSFTC, because Monet won the lipsync but Jinkx won the season so it was a moot point/finale. That’s all. :bird: 

Edited by Relampago.

5 hours ago, P.O.P said:

More than half of AS6 cast were no1curr nobodies.

Thank you !

I still can't believe i've had to witness the complete and utter untalentedness, staleness, boringness, blandness of Pandorra Boxx on my screen for WEEKS.

Pink one — Pandora Boxx - Show Up Queen

4 hours ago, K$Ellie said:

literally disagreed with every lip sync outcome i think :rip:

Monet doing the floss :deadbanana: 

16 minutes ago, ALittleGauche said:

2017 was wild :ahh: 

The lipsync for the crown format has been dumb from the beginning even with Sasha’s crowning, which is the only time it was ever an epic finale. It needs to be axed.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.