RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Make Your Own Kind of Rusic (f/ legendary lipsync)

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

TheOnlyOne

Not trying to drag Thee Symone’s success by comparing her to the literal most successful queen of the whole franchise as if Trixie’s entire success wasn’t built off the backs of extreme World of Wonder payola (the most any queen has gotten ever by a HUGE margin) and riding the coattails of her initially more popular friend or like her immense popularity isn’t the direct result of being white and bringing the fandom down to the gutter by catering to awkward straight girls and teenagers. 

Reminder that Thee Symone didn’t need a season rigged for her, racism, or a more successful friend to leech off of to make it big. 

2f2339009553825c882ac031e5d0bcd5afcd9940

• Replies 42.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

The way Shea needed a cast as weak as AS5 to get the crown and even then it wasn't the ruthless sweep we all thought

x9WmqJv.gif

4 hours ago, toy soldier. said:

For me it's the cockiness, already starting from AS5 she acted like she was the best and she was owed the crown. 

This plus the fact that it's like she's always trying to prove a point on twitter with such a schooling tone it's really putting me off her

lit the same... she actually doesn't have a "personality"

TheOnlyOne
6 minutes ago, Bimbo said:

The way Shea needed a cast as weak as AS5 to get the crown and even then it wasn't the ruthless sweep we all thought

x9WmqJv.gif

Weak drag when if any other season pulled the stunt they did on S9, Raja, Sharon, Jinkx, Bianca, and Violet would've all lost as well. 

Shea was more dominant on her losing season than most winners were when they won. 

And she still slaughtered AS5. Ya'll only gassed up Juju out of delusion and hatred for Shea. The sis had like 2 good looks and flopped the one time she actually won a challenge in 3 seasons breaking her lipsync streak. 

The best look of AS5 = Shea

The best lipsync of AS5 = Shea

The (only) drama of AS5 = about Shea

image-asset.gif

So from what I am reading you are confirming that Trixie is indeed a better winner than Symone. Thank you!

Shea is overrated but I don’t think we’ve addressed how overrated Monsoon is. No wonder she has to hand out tickets for free to get butts in seats! Ain’t nobody trying to see that “comedy”! 

47 minutes ago, Bimbo said:

x9WmqJv.gif

Shea should have won S9 and disappear after it, and that's on that. 
x9WmqJv.gif

x9WmqJv.gif

This look is still sending me :bibliahh:

The thread is doing too much on Shea right now because she's talented and a great drag queen, but so far her original season was definitely her peak. The first episode of this season was also a highlight but she kind of nosedived after that. 

9 hours ago, FLAallday said:

omg Kerri :rip::deadbanana4:

kerri-colby-dancing-unbreak-my-heart-lip

The way a certain someone complains about Symone being criticised and diminished but have no problem doing the same to Trixie (and Katya) every time they mention her. It's the hypocrisy for me :coffee2:

Just a reminder that Trixie and Katya started being friends after filming their season and were only contacted by WOW for a special episode of Fashion Photo Ruview that got so many views and interactions that got them to start their own web series. Where's the payola in that? WOW gave a lot Drag Race alumni their web series at the time, but most of them eventually got cancelled because no one was checking them out. Meanwhile UNHhhh grew its fanbase from the ground up becoming one of the most successful web series ever, so successful that it went on TV at some point, got them an hosting gig at the Streamy (and even won after being nominated for multiple years) and is eligible for an Emmy. But of course that means nothing since they're white (as if FPR, the other super successful WOW series, doesn't have a POC host) and a lot of teenagers watch it (as if that's a bad thing anyway).

alyssa-edwards-dragrace.gif

Edited by Hephaestus

4 hours ago, Claymore said:

So from what I am reading you are confirming that Trixie is indeed a better winner than Symone. Thank you!

I mean half of the winners are better than Symone so it's not that hard

rihannafan
4 hours ago, TheOnlyOne said:

Weak drag when if any other season pulled the stunt they did on S9, Raja, Sharon, Jinkx, Bianca, and Violet would've all lost as well. 

Shea was more dominant on her losing season than most winners were when they won. 

And she still slaughtered AS5. Ya'll only gassed up Juju out of delusion and hatred for Shea. The sis had like 2 good looks and flopped the one time she actually won a challenge in 3 seasons breaking her lipsync streak. 

The best look of AS5 = Shea

The best lipsync of AS5 = Shea

The (only) drama of AS5 = about Shea

image-asset.gif

She stole AS5 from Alexis. Her and Cracker knew damn well India was lying and sent Alexis home anyway. Time has been kind to Alexis' performance on AS5 tho. Now Shea is panned on AS7 and Alexis is a guest judge on a franchise. The true winner :heart2:

Edited by rihannafan

12 hours ago, EriKills said:

Daya Betty’s finale performance look: 

CtKfHbI.jpg

Crystal Methyd’s:

Crystal-Methyd-Im-Like-a-Bird.jpg

:clap3::mandown: Legend Betty:clap3:

5 hours ago, Bimbo said:

x9WmqJv.gif

It was more like strong queens knew Shea was on AS5 and declined the offer because of fear

x9WmqJv.gif

https://www.instagram.com/p/CecqkwBLUth/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

So Raja brought her look of the last week's challenge from home and so does the others like Yvie and Viv had very spesific looks.

It seems like the roles were written for each of them and now it is cringey to think about the scenes where they were arrenging the roles

2 minutes ago, Afferty said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CecqkwBLUth/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

So Raja brought her look of the last week's challenge from home and so does the others like Yvie and Viv had very spesific looks.

It seems like the roles were written for each of them and now it is cringey to think about the scenes where they were arrenging the roles

Bob said in her season 8 review that the girls (in her season at least) brought costumes for each character possible in the acting challenge. If there were 10 roles, they brought 10 looks, maybe they told them to bring every possible look too.

54 minutes ago, Bimbo said:

Bob said in her season 8 review that the girls (in her season at least) brought costumes for each character possible in the acting challenge. If there were 10 roles, they brought 10 looks, maybe they told them to bring every possible look too.

Well that must be so awful for them to prepare and carry all these looks :deadbanana4:

Why cant the production arrange their looks for these kind of challenges at least :deadbanana:

x9WmqJv.gif

I know she's embarrassed after watching this on TV :ahh:

I saw the gif in here 400x before I watched the episode but it really wasn’t as bad on the runway as it looks in the gif lol. She kinda played up the fact that she couldn’t walk in it and I swear the camera doesn’t pan in on the train for an extended period of time like that gif does :rip: 

19 minutes ago, Rigalo said:

I saw the gif in here 400x before I watched the episode but it really wasn’t as bad on the runway as it looks in the gif lol. She kinda played up the fact that she couldn’t walk in it and I swear the camera doesn’t pan in on the train for an extended period of time like that gif does :rip: 

Swear again

9 minutes ago, Bimbo said:

Swear again

Yea idk the gif is clearly slowed down lol but no I didn’t notice it was part of the split screen down below. I thought they dragged it in untucked or something and showed it again :rip: 

This morning I’m wishing Tatianna got the All Stars treatment Kylie got :monkey: 

one of the few queens that has already done all stars that I NEED back 

4 hours ago, Hephaestus said:

But of course that means nothing since they're white (as if FPR, the other super successful WOW series, doesn't have a POC host) and a lot of teenagers watch it (as if that's a bad thing anyway).

This whole “anti-white discrimination” narrative is exhausting. Most people probably wouldn’t have such negative reactions to Trixie if she hadn’t won AS3. 

8 hours ago, Relampago. said:

Shea is overrated but I don’t think we’ve addressed how overrated Monsoon is. No wonder she has to hand out tickets for free to get butts in seats! Ain’t nobody trying to see that “comedy”! 

If anything Jinkx was an underrated winner and people are just starting to realize how great she is. I saw the Xmas special live in '19 and it was sold out.

29 minutes ago, Rotunda said:

This whole “anti-white discrimination” narrative is exhausting. Most people probably wouldn’t have such negative reactions to Trixie if she hadn’t won AS3. 

Oh, I wholeheartedly agree. I only mentioned it because "being white" was brought up as some kind of drag to Trixie and Katya's work. Out of all companies out there WOW is actually trying to give most of their queens a platform in a way or another, so certain remarks feel very out of place.

Edited by Hephaestus

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.