RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Make Your Own Kind of Rusic (f/ legendary lipsync)

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

13 hours ago, MAKSIM said:

I agree. Trinity and Jaida server with all three looks. 

1. Trinity / Jaida

2. Trinity / Jaida

3. Raja

4. Shea

5. Monet
6. Viv

7. Jinkx

8. Yvie

Yvie can not be excused for that Vanna White look. That is something you brought and I don’t know what kind of artistic interpretation that was supposed to be. I would’ve been cringing if I was Rupaul Charles and I had Vanna White off to the side seeing Yvie present that as a Vanna White homage. 

Yvie is only proving that Brooke deserved the crown, sadly. :doc: I like her and she was my favorite on S11 but she hasn't been IT this season. Easily the worst contestant.

• Replies 42.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Hephaestus said:

And that’s exactly why I think an extra star should be awarded to whoever wins the lip sync. 10k are not enough of an incentive to win the lip sync for already famous (therefore booked) queens, especially since the block puts who uses it in a position where they can be blocked back.

Exactly. If I were in the same position as Trinity, I'd 100% botch my lipsync 'cause it would be completely useless for me to win an episode and to put myself in a position where someone else would easily get its revenge on me. And I'm sure that's exactly what she's doing, she thinks of a comedy moment to start her lipsyncs and then she does the bare minimum, not even putting effort with the comedy skills. It's similar to what Jimbo was doing in UKvsTW, with the difference that Jimbo actually IS a bad lipsyncer, and that's why I stan her.

She would have likely lost in any case against Jaida in a Beyoncé song, but she could have easily won against Jinx last week (but in that case, winning was even more useless considering she was blocked, while it was extremely smart to let a strong contender win, block someone, and let someone else get its revenge, which is exactly what happened this week).

She's really playing the game so far while showing how AMAZING of a queen she is, I think she's probably my favourite as of now.

3 hours ago, TheOnlyOne said:

Best season still producing talent and iconic moments over a decade later

And that’s that!

beyonce-nintendo.gif

Put anyone of the new girls from Season 7-14 on S3 and they would combust. I feel like season 3 was hard af.

12 hours ago, loveisdead9582 said:

Honestly I agree with this. I grew up knowing who Vanna was because of summers spent with my grandparents or watching tv after dinner because my mother realized that it was actually semi educational. Idk how televised (if at all) Wheel of Fortune (or jeopardy for that matter) is in the UK/Europe. 

Yeah, I'm British myself and had to Google who she was so I doubt Vivienne knew. We apparently had our own version of Wheel of Fortune but it was cancelled in 2001. 

It's crazy seeing how different her personality is on this season compared to UK S1. I actually kinda prefer her on this season cause she seems very humble and chill. I just hope she comes into her own a bit more cause currently she's coasting.

I really wanted Raja to win but her second look was so weak, probably the weakest of the whole challenge. I hope auntie gets at least one star :weeps:

1 minute ago, Venice B said:

I really wanted Raja to win but her second look was so weak, probably the weakest of the whole challenge. I hope auntie gets at least one star :weeps:

That's the thing if that look was just even slightly better she would have made top 2. It literally looks like a costume they'd bring to lipsync in. 

24 minutes ago, Witchpop said:

Put anyone of the new girls from Season 7-14 on S3 and they would combust. I feel like season 3 was hard af.

Utica would eat them, especially with an attitude of an LA girl.

Jaida, Asia, Akeria, Angeria all could literally win Season 3.

1 minute ago, Mistah.Beyonce said:

Asia literally cried because she couldn't manage her time during the ball challenge. S3 had like four balls, Asia would never make it :sorry:

I'm sorry, but that brown dress with the abs on it that Monet wore literally made think of a flipped over roach 

2 minutes ago, welham said:

I'm sorry, but that brown dress with the abs on it that Monet wore literally made think of a flipped over roach 

:rip: 

(Bag) Lady in Red is something of an old-fashioned trope, where The Vamp or the Femme Fatale was designated by having her wear bright red formal wear. The Lady in Red wasn't necessarily a ****, but she was strongly sexual, and often had a strong personality. In more prudish times the Lady in Red was considered almost dangerous. Red clothing is also associated with prostitutes, chorus girls and other dancers, and other women attempting to be sexy.

Jaidas second look was so on brand for her too.

2 minutes ago, satellites.™ said:

Jaidas second look was so on brand for her too.

ngl I thought (and secretly hoped) that it was a tribute to Lady Red from Hey Queen, but this def makes more sense :rip:

"Asia and A'keria could win S3"

The looks they served on design challenges despite being "seamstresses"

asia-ohara2-2000.jpg

asia-ohara4-2000.jpg

a_keria_c._davenport-1-2000.jpg

Hj0HjdN.jpg

vs actual outfits made on that season:

clqqixcqxbt81.png?width=540&format=png&a

f124344d77fbb466b6a7b80f286a8013.jpg

102be43f69a3b3b73826faa1897739e6.png

7b29958d1d08085e8ba370727ab45d67.png

5f377415ea2b4fb96eb5d265f5f16f84--raja-g

It's obvious they can make a garment, it's just that they cannot make them out of unconventional materials in the time frame RuPaul gives them, while at least 3 queens in S3 can.

Jaida could've been top 3 in S3 definitely tho

Edited by Miracle

3 minutes ago, welham said:

ngl I thought (and secretly hoped) that it was a tribute to Lady Red from Hey Queen, but this def makes more sense :rip:

I think the bag lady portion is a bit of a nod to Lady Red and both their past struggles in life (bag ladies are linked to homelessness). Ive seen all the interviews leading up to AS7 and Jaida has mentioned more than once she had a troubled past, especially around her coming out.

Didnt Asia make this?

tumblr_pa0q66y5HS1rnvzjvo6_400.gifv

tumblr_pa0q66y5HS1rnvzjvo4_400.gifv

29 minutes ago, Mistah.Beyonce said:

Besides Jaida they couldn’t even win their own season…. :toofunny2: 

6 minutes ago, Witchpop said:

Besides Jaida they couldn’t even win their own season…. :toofunny2: 

Right :rip: 

Please don't compare Asia to Raja the **** :bibliahh: Asia is tacky 99% of the time, great seamstress but not a strong designer

Idk why but pitstop this season isn't giving, Katya again barely has any interesting thing to say :rip:

Season 3 was such a treat. The design challenges are honestly the best, those girls worked!!!

Now it's boring because they bring most of their things from home already made by designers, which isn't bad, but I wish there were still more design challenges sprinkled in there because after all drag has a big selfmade/improvisation component

46 minutes ago, welham said:

:bibliahh:

18 hours ago, lovecatt said:

I really thought vivienne was going to stomp this season :chick3:

There's like 8 competitive episodes left, a lot can happen until the finale

Iy4t.gif

54 minutes ago, welham said:

:rip: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.