RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Make Your Own Kind of Rusic (f/ legendary lipsync)

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

Not the drag elitists doing FPR :skull:

Violet has always been a controversial queen because of her personality, but at least she had an aura of royalty that is completely vanishing the longer she associates with Gottmik. The two of them together are both the worst and best pairing because their drag couldn’t be more different but the personalities match perfectly.

Anyway, Violet should really get off her high horse. Her expectations are so weird and come off as snobbish. Not every look is going to feature a corset and/or a cinched waist or be from an actual designer, c’mon now.

Nothing to say on Gottmik that hasn’t already been said during the time she did FPR with Raja.

Edited by Hephaestus

• Replies 42.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I live for Voilet's looks and cuntiness but she does have a very narrow mind when it comes to what constitutes fashion.

And Gottmik is a make up artist who can afford fierce designer looks... not sure that qualifies her to be judging the looks on an all winners season 

I kinda wanna see Violet compete again so she gets humbled a bit. :fan: I don't think she'll do AW 2 tho, she will let the best ones go first like Bob/Alaska. AW3 for Bianca/Sasha. She'll probably compete against winners like Symone/Kyrstal Versace (Queens who won against a mediocre cast like Violet did) . 

Edited by OreGuy

Did yall even watch the eps? Violet didn’t lie imo

the girl needed a belt ??‍♂️

12 hours ago, igninton said:

The fact that Michelle had the nerve to say she loved this. :rip: 

I don't even watch US Drag Race anymore and it reminded me of her messy fake readings and antics.

giphy.gif

Michelle is the same woman that was stanning Symone wearing a literal fursuit with booty shorts...

no effort on face make-up as well, calling it breathtaking and elevated...

giphy.gif

38 minutes ago, aayAlex said:

Did yall even watch the eps? Violet didn’t lie imo

the girl needed a belt ??‍♂️

She completely missed Raja's references along with any and all of the black references. 

10 hours ago, Both Sides Now said:

The switchening on Violet ever since she started hanging out with Gottmik :intoit:

I can see why people hate Violet, since she highkey shits on nearly every other winner. but what's the hate on Gottmik based on? Is there like a wiki for reasons on why everyone queen is hated on? :rip:

iirc Gottmik did well in her competition? except for the atrocious commercial and one of her ball looks(?) that was a bunch of ******* fanny packs on a belt around her? I just remember it looking like a cheaper, fugly version of something Joslyn Fox wore back in S6... 

If you can’t see the beauty/fashion in a look without it being one silhouette, corseted or belted maybe your breadth of fashion is just not that good. In a way it makes Violet look worse since she can’t acknowledge something without being in her narrow view of drag. Gotmik did this a lot on FPR last season too ( I remember her having similar critiques about belts on cinched bodies  :rip:). We get so many recycled  looks over the years, can’t we celebrate something truly original on the runway. 

The real problem is those two are an echo chamber with sticks up their arses :rip: if it was Violet and someone else it would probably be better. 

2 minutes ago, sunmimi imfurst said:

If you can’t see the beauty/fashion in a look without it being one silhouette, corseted or belted maybe your breadth of fashion is just not that good. In a way it makes Violet look worse since she can’t acknowledge something without being in her narrow view of drag. Gotmik did this a lot on FPR last season too ( I remember her having similar critiques about belts on cinched bodies  :rip:). We get so many recycled  looks over the years, can’t we celebrate something truly original on the runway. 

The real problem is those two are an echo chamber with sticks up their arses :rip: if it was Violet and someone else it would probably be better. 

Exactly. This is the problem with those drag race viewers who think they’re fashion experts but who only have drag race as their reference point. 

That user a page back said that Raja’s Rococo KING look was incorrect because it wasn’t cinched in and showing skin :skull: then posted a pic of Beyoncé wearing a corset and thigh-high boats as what it should be :rip: That deconstructed Marie Antoinette look has been done to death and was not what Raja was going for at all. Violet seems to want everyone to have the same tired silhouette she’s been doing for 10 years. 

Like, the lack of understanding that you can’t even understand Raja was doing a historical male “silhouette” and then claiming to have a deeper understanding of fashion references… :rip:

1 hour ago, GotMyBlueprint said:

Michelle is the same woman that was stanning Symone wearing a literal fursuit with booty shorts...

no effort on face make-up as well, calling it breathtaking and elevated...

giphy.gif

Period. Symone will never be excused for giving furries visibility on Drag Race's runway.

thumb_and-thats-that-on-that-36513917.pn

1 hour ago, GotMyBlueprint said:

I can see why people hate Violet, since she highkey shits on nearly every other winner. but what's the hate on Gottmik based on? Is there like a wiki for reasons on why everyone queen is hated on? :rip:

iirc Gottmik did well in her competition? except for the atrocious commercial and one of her ball looks(?) that was a bunch of ******* fanny packs on a belt around her? I just remember it looking like a cheaper, fugly version of something Joslyn Fox wore back in S6... 

it’s a mix of the payola she received on the show (she did well but was saved from lip syncing more than once) and the fact that she’s a privileged white WeHo twink that by far had the biggest runway budget of any queen on the show thinking that makes her a fashion queen.

for me I get put off by the fact that you just know he’s a slimey social climber obsessed with clout and connections. Makes me suss on him as a person but as a drag queen she is fine.

Edited by CroNich

2 hours ago, OreGuy said:

I kinda wanna see Violet compete again so she gets humbled a bit. :fan: I don't think she'll do AW 2 tho, she will let the best ones go first like Bob/Alaska. AW3 for Bianca/Sasha. She'll probably compete against winners like Symone/Kyrstal Versace (Queens who won against a mediocre cast like Violet did) . 

Daily reminder Violet beat:

Katya - AS2 runner-up.

Ginger - AS6 runner-up.

Kennedy - AS3 runner-up.

Trixie - AS3 winner.

In what world is S7 a 'mediocre' cast when it had some of the most memorable/strongest contestants? 

39 minutes ago, R.E.M. said:

Daily reminder Violet beat:

Katya - AS2 runner-up.

Ginger - AS6 runner-up.

Kennedy - AS3 runner-up.

Trixie - AS3 winner.

In what world is S7 a 'mediocre' cast when it had some of the most memorable/strongest contestants? 

was Trixie/Katya excelling on S7? :deadbanana2:Stop parading S7 as if it's one of the hardest seasons just bc majority of the queens excelled outside their season. :deadbanana2:

Y’all (fans I mean) let violet get away with this with that famous pit stop being mean 

fans let her be mean for some reason 

It's Gottmik's fault tbh, Violet was tolerable with Trixie/Katya. :gaycat6:

8 minutes ago, OreGuy said:

was Trixie/Katya excelling on S7? :deadbanana2:Stop parading S7 as if it's one of the hardest seasons just bc majority of the queens excelled outside their season. :deadbanana2:

Katya: 4 highs, 2 wins.

Trixie: 2 highs, 1 win.

Also both were fan favourites and we've seen how being adored by the fans can propel you to the finale. Why are y'all being obtuse and acting like what I said was so outrageous? You can critique Violet for being harsh and, at times, elitist but you don't need to undermine her win/season.

Willam: I remember Jinkx years ago told me that her tea was getting skater boys to sit in a bathtub and she gave them tick checks and scrubbed them down while their dirty Vans and skateboards were by the bathtub.

Alaska: …Tick checks? …What?

Willam: You look for ticks. It’s Seattle. And then she says in her verse “get in my tub, rub a duck duck” this is Jinkx! I love that she lets her freak flag fly.

ezgif-1-188d58e2c5.thumb.gif.2468e5b9b23

1 minute ago, Bimbo said:

Willam: I remember Jinkx years ago told me that her tea was getting skater boys to sit in a bathtub and she gave them tick checks and scrubbed them down while their dirty Vans and skateboards were by the bathtub.

Willam: You look for ticks. It’s Seattle. And then she says in her verse “get in my tub, rub a duck duck” this is Jinkx! I love that she lets her freak flag fly.

:rip:

Trixie and Katya charging more than Dua Lipa :toofunny3:  Adore charging almost the same as Tove Lo :toofunny3:

38 minutes ago, Bimbo said:

:skull: wtf

14 hours ago, satellites.™ said:

This is SPOT on and the girls who DONT know fashion are exposing themselves and im glad to see it.

Violet literally could not be more correct and this is EXACTLY what I said a few pages back about this look.

You saying this when that Dita Von Teese tribute act completely missed the historical references. Fashion knowledge these nuts

Edited by Riot

14 hours ago, satellites.™ said:

I think Violets main point was that Raja (an og fashion girl) knows how to do that look as clean and chic as possible because she already has done it in the past and better. Raja layered those fabrics in a way that would've gotten and has gotten many girls read to filth for not having a silhouette that was noticeable. Adding on the matted wig and the bulky shoe just made it even more out of wack, instead of bringing the eye into one spot it's forced to wander all over looking for somewhere to start. Its giving more joker, but not as polished either.

wzgiwaqovu091.gif?format=png8&s=6dfc8eba

This is what I expected of Raja if she wanted to be more covered up.

beyonce-for-the-mrs-carter-show-world-to

Tbh I'd rather see something refreshing and different in the runway than an adapted look with a corset for the 193810482 time. Enough, the Bey look is cool but I see one hundred of them every season, I'm really grateful to Raja for stepping out of that tired zone.

Imagine trying to tell Raja what fashion is :bibliahh: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.