RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Make Your Own Kind of Rusic (f/ legendary lipsync)

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

19 minutes ago, Morissette said:

If it's not AS6, then what are the most forgotten seasons girls? And try not to name the obvious with the Vaseline Season and AS1.

I'd have to say AS5 obviously. It's a season that is rarely discussed by the fandom and has no iconic moments. A few years down the road I feel like 12/13 will be forgotten as well.

If it weren't for Bob, I'd forget all about S8 as well. 

In terms of the mainline series, the show has been on a continuous decline (barring S14 which has had one of the most entertaining/strongest casts since S9). S10, S11, & S12 are all abysmal. S13 is saved by having an excellent winner but it's pretty much a middle-of-the-road season that doesn't warrant a rewatch so I agree - it'll likely be forgotten in a few years. 

AS5 and AS6 are also really terrible.

• Replies 42.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

AS5 was def worse than 6 lol

TheOnlyOne
7 minutes ago, R.E.M. said:

I hope they continue with the All-Winners theme and book a former winner like did they The Pit Stop. 

We need Violet because she won't hold back. Maybe Aquaria can join her even though she's totally devoid of personality. GotRigged needs to stay FAR away because they truly bring out the worst in each other :rip: I don't think I can take 20 minutes of a whiney *****-fest every week even though I love both individually.

That's precisely why Violet needs to stay far away from it. This season isn't about dragging the winners, it's about celebrating them and Violet's classist take on all things fashion with her head shoved up her own ass is not needed. She turns a sickening look but her fashion POV is very limited. I'm here for her dragging regular season girls and even All Stars but there's little to drag with these winners. Plus she'll likely bring GotRigged with her and I'd rather have no fashion ruview at all than WoW gaslight us into believing GotRigged has any say on what looks good or doesn't when the ***** has turned less than 5 stunning looks in her entire career. 

Thee Symone would lowkey be perfect for it but she's far too booked and busy for a WoW basement gig I fear. 

So far: 

Shea's first episode was top notch. Her lipsync was a class of its own and one of the best ever. The musicality and precision was next level :jonny:

Jinks' second episode was WORLD-class. That Judy was perfection and she slayed. Also, her energy and charisma is just shining through so far. What a treat to have her back on the screen :jonny6:

Raja is doing MUCH better than I thought: Her fashion on the runway so far was pretty much 10/10 and she's doing great at challenged that aren't necessarily her strongsuit. I feel like she's going to get that win next week with the ball. Also, similarly to Jinks, her energy is impeccable and she just has that je-ne-sais-quoi that makes her an instant standout.

Trinity out here proving once again what a strong competitor she is. She might not be a fan favorite, but she sure knows how to bring out the best of her in any type of challenge. A true winner! Great performance so far.

The two girls that need to step it up most so far are Ivie (very likeable so far but is missing it a bit for me on the runway and in the challenges) and Viv (just too shy and timid atm)

Edited by *-ChriZ-*

Not the terrible duo of Elitist Chachki and Gottmoney hosting the Roscoe's viewing party this week :rip:

I'd walk out tbh :coffee2:

15 minutes ago, TheOnlyOne said:

That's precisely why Violet needs to stay far away from it. This season isn't about dragging the winners, it's about celebrating them and Violet's classist take on all things fashion with her head shoved up her own ass is not needed. She turns a sickening look but her fashion POV is very limited. I'm here for her dragging regular season girls and even All Stars but there's little to drag with these winners. Plus she'll likely bring GotRigged with her and I'd rather have no fashion ruview at all than WoW gaslight us into believing GotRigged has any say on what looks good or doesn't when the ***** has turned less than 5 stunning looks in her entire career. 

Thee Symone would lowkey be perfect for it but she's far too booked and busy for a WoW basement gig I fear. 

I just don’t know if I can watch more than two 10 minute episodes of Symone’a fake laugh and persona. It works in small doses and when she’s surrounded my other queens, but it’s painfully awkward when it’s just her and one other person. I loved her and was my fav queen on S13, but she just does the weird laugh after every sentence. 

TheOnlyOne
3 minutes ago, Morissette said:

Not the terrible duo of Elitist Chachki and Gottmoney hosting the Roscoe's viewing party this week :rip:

The absolute audacity of her critiquing looks from a ball when all she did was staple a couple fanny packs together and it was still so ugly and unfinished that production mistook it for garbage and threw it away by mistake.  

The Gottmalaria lashings in here are correct . How she won the bag ball over Utica is beyond me :coffee2:

1 hour ago, Morissette said:

I love watching Violet with more lighthearted queens like Bob, Trixie, Raja, etc. The energy is way too off watching Gotmik and Violet together. Gotmik is still not enjoyable to watch when paired with Raja or other queens though. There just seems to be something not authentic about them. 

3 hours ago, TheOnlyOne said:

Current show standings

cO8rqNb.png

The random highs :rip:

8 minutes ago, Afferty said:

The random highs :rip:

It’s not random when ru asks who do you think are the tops of the week and four questions are mentioned. If they were all mentioned then everyone would be safe except the top 2. 

20 minutes ago, Gigii said:

It’s not random when ru asks who do you think are the tops of the week and four questions are mentioned. If they were all mentioned then everyone would be safe except the top 2. 

Well the final question is Rupaul's and we have seen lots of times when Ru didnt agre with Michelle or vice/versa so judges mentioning someone did good in the challenge does not mean they were official "high"s of the episode like regular seasons.

We dont have high or bottom placements this season.

Can we all just appreciate that we are getting an all winners season of drag race and that it’s really happening! The level of excellence is just too much.

Drag Race is one of the best television programs on the air right now :jonny5: 

4 hours ago, ucanfma said:

Rotmik:rip:

3 hours ago, TheOnlyOne said:

GotRigged 

3 hours ago, Morissette said:

Gottmoney

2 hours ago, ucanfma said:

RotMilk 

2 hours ago, Twilish said:

Gottmalaria 

1 hour ago, Daddy said:

GottNoTasteJustMoney 

ATRL users are the funniest people on the internet. :ahh:

PlastiqueMilfLook.png YvieMilfLook.png BrookeMilfLook.png

Since the next challenge is a ball, I just wanted to remind y'all about the three looks that were in the top on the s11 ball

Where did all the AS6 haters come from?

Aside from an undeserving winner the season was pretty solid. Some iconic lip syncs, great redemption storylines, strong challenges. 

I feel like the season would be much more well received if it released on VH1 (or at least at 8PM on Paramount+. People didn’t want to go out of their way to watch a season with that many divisive cast members, and having to wait for a 3AM/Midnight release sapped away a lot of the fun of Drag Race - which is about the live discussions and communal watching. 

Payola Tiara needed a BIG seat, that **** still pisses me off.

No wonder Rajah almost had a hissy fit backstage lol.

time to ban male characters/made up figures on snatch game

29 minutes ago, Riot said:

PlastiqueMilfLook.png YvieMilfLook.png BrookeMilfLook.png

Since the next challenge is a ball, I just wanted to remind y'all about the three looks that were in the top on the s11 ball

uh maybe I should burn my Yvie stan card:rip:

2 minutes ago, ucanfma said:

uh maybe I should burn my Yvie stan card:rip:

it should've been burned after that horrible snatch game :rip: not a single joke landed. She's lucky AS7 is the season of positivity chile.

3 minutes ago, R.E.M. said:

time to ban male characters/made up figures on snatch game

Im not sure drag race is gonna survive much longer anyway. Outside of the overexposure of the constant shows making it hard for actual stars to be made, the obvious (picked winner pre-season) is gonna start turning people off sooner than later.

Shea making a big deal about bringing couture onto the runway ON A DRAG SHOW meant to showcase a queens ABILITY TO MAKE HER OWN **** is the first brick to fall imo. If they wanted to do a high fashion runway show for designers, they could do a yearly show a the end of every year with all the queens like Savage X Fenty does. I feel like they no longer reward drag, and now theyre rewarding (networking) and (pre-cast popularity) which ruins it.

We will NOT be talking about Lady Camden or Daya Betty within 4 months, just like we've already forgotten Rose, Kameron, and many other finalists.

53 minutes ago, HotFriedChicken said:

ATRL users are the funniest people on the internet. :ahh:

also they didn't lie :cm:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.