RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Make Your Own Kind of Rusic (f/ legendary lipsync)

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

2 minutes ago, Lightbringer007 said:

difference is sapphira KNOWS what to say when to say it, plane just keeps repeating the same thing over and over again that it gets tired

Im not tired of her 

And im sure nobody is 

Yes i agree that she comes out as a b... they way she says the things she says BUT she actually says what most ppl think 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Replies 42.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, shark_heather said:

Im not tired of her 

And im sure nobody is 

Yes i agree that she comes out as a b... they way she says the things she says BUT she actually says what most ppl think 

I feel after like her convo with sapphira, the edit will give her 1 of two paths, either work on how she addresses stuff and she'll get her "redeeming" arc or she'll keep going down this path in which it will likely end up backfiring on her

Edited by Lightbringer007

Yeah Queen of Flips actually won the week for me :jonny:

Nymphia's verse was very weak imo

• Thanks 3

I know that the producers were spiraling when they realized that they couldn't put Geneva/Megami/Mhi'ya in the bottom :khalyan:

But yes Nymphia, yes winning

The way RuPaul literally CRINGED when Plasma did the Barbra voice... she gave the theater kid a chance for once and immediately regretted it :ahh:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

Mihya shouldve won this week, she choreod too. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lightbringer007 said:

difference is sapphira KNOWS what to say when to say it, plane just keeps repeating the same thing over and over again that it gets tired

And SAPH said it on stage in front of Ru, Plane was scared, this was her supposed moment to be honest and tell the judges how she felt.

• Like 1

The whole Sapphira and Plain convo was soooo uncomfortable cause it was literally Plain just going “ahah yes thanks mommy you’re so right” just because she didn’t want to stand her ground

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Orsay said:

Plane was late on one specific choreo move multiple times btw now that yall mention it, the one where they flexed one arm up and pulled it down

Thats how they choreographed it. Plasma does the move first, followed by the AMT, Xunami and Plane. They did two moves in a similar manner

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ♚ PRiNCE HiGH ♚ said:

Thats how they choreographed it. Plasma does the move first, followed by the AMT, Xunami and Plane. They did two moves in a similar manner

Correct. Plasma referred to it as a ‘contagion’ effect during the rehearsal. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, KasioKas said:

Nah she's CLEARLY a standout, I couldn't take my eyes off of her during her group's dance number. Say what you want about Plane but she has the talent and charisma on stage to back up her s***. And let's be real she's singlehandedly keeping this season entertaining. Everybody say "thank you Jane" :clap3:

Also Nymph effortlessly slays again:jonny5:

facts :michael: she stays walking the talk 

4 hours ago, Mikeymoonshine said:

Yeah I agree that Amanda's drag is crunchy as hell but I don't love it when queens get put in the bottom for challenges they did well in. Tbf though nobody apart from Q did all that badly. Another thing that annoyed me was the judges pretending there was something wrong with the concept for Amanda's look. The concept was fine, the execution was imo ugly. I 

What is this concept then? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, satellites.™ said:

And SAPH said it on stage in front of Ru, Plane was scared, this was her supposed moment to be honest and tell the judges how she felt.

So did Jane? You're just gasping at straws. It's fine for you not to like her, but don't rewrite the show.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fancyhoodlum said:

What is this concept then? 

The concept was a nest on the top of a tree. The Pussycat wig and face paint were supposed to represent an egg hatching. The other heads were other eggs. The problem was that it was so crazy busy and the wigs were a bit long for a Pussycat wig. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Lightbringer007 said:

If it never stops being true tho

:khalyan2:

• Haha 1

US drag race production still does this weird thing where they overproduce and meddle for all the wrong reasons. getting rid of tv gold amanda over the polished queen who slipped and lost both the challenge and lipsync is boring and predictable at this point. that's why drag race philippines is so much more captivating, a polished frontrunner can slip and they WILL go home, creates actual tension and makes for better TV.

anyway, the cast is the best US drag race has had in years, so the production can't ruin the season too much as much as they try. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, keerbyriri said:

US drag race production still does this weird thing where they overproduce and meddle for all the wrong reasons. getting rid of tv gold amanda over the polished queen who slipped and lost both the challenge and lipsync is boring and predictable at this point. that's why drag race philippines is so much more captivating, a polished frontrunner can slip and they WILL go home, creates actual tension and makes for better TV.

anyway, the cast is the best US drag race has had in years, so the production can't ruin the season too much as much as they try. 

Ru has given Q two direct compliments on her garments and asked who made them, she wants to see more of those runways, Q was never going home unless she didnt know the words like Anetra lite.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cain said:

The whole Sapphira and Plain convo was soooo uncomfortable cause it was literally Plain just going “ahah yes thanks mommy you’re so right” just because she didn’t want to stand her ground

Plane is way smarter and considerate than that. At the time of filming, she knew that her act & edit would either result to her being a fan fave or universally hated. No inbetween. So she probably didn't clap back at Sapphira bc she either didn't want the fanbase to go after a black queen bc of her (in case she was a fan fave) or didn't want to be called any sort of -ist (in case she was hated).

Amanda is the busted white twink (in 2023 at least) no one would die on a hill for defending. The easiest of targets for Plane to showcase her talents on which is why she's the only one she's been consistently going after.

When I tell you I can smell #mother's thoughts. I know at least 3 gays with her exact mannerisms and sharp mouth and they all think alike.

Edited by dumbsparce

18 minutes ago, dumbsparce said:

Plane is way smarter and considerate than that. At the time of filming, she knew that her act & edit would either result to her being a fan fave or universally hated. No inbetween. So she probably didn't clap back at Sapphira bc she either didn't want the fanbase to go after a black queen bc of her (in case she was a fan fave) or didn't want to be called any sort of -ist (in case she was hated).

Amanda is the busted white twink (in 2023 at least) no one would die on a hill for defending. The easiest of targets for Plane to showcase her talents on which is why she's the only one she's been consistently going after.

When I tell you I can smell #mother's thoughts. I know at least 3 gays with her exact mannerisms and sharp mouth and they all think alike.

That’s exactly what I meant :psyduck: she just said ‘yes mother!’ to be done with the convo because she knew she couldn’t go against Sapphira for all the reasons you mentioned 

Which is what made it uncomfortable, she’s not coming at this from a single authentic angle, instead calculating who she can be shady to in order to get the least fan backlash yet still get her shine

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, KFC said:

Did I already submit for this one

Yup 

23 minutes ago, Cain said:

That’s exactly what I meant :psyduck: she just said ‘yes mother!’ to be done with the convo because she knew she couldn’t go against Sapphira for all the reasons you mentioned 

Which is what made it uncomfortable, she’s not coming at this from a single authentic angle, instead calculating who she can be shady to in order to get the least fan backlash yet still get her shine

Well yes. At least she's giving us sth to talk about. Every queen goes in calculated even the ones we can not tell or we give a pass to (for example Nymphia).

Glad Amanda is gone. I’m sure she will do much better in an All Stars season. Her runway look was the worst thing we have season this season. The second worst look was her purple people eater reveal look. 
She did beat Q in that lipsync, but her look was so atrocious that there was no reason to keep her around. It will be nice not having to see her on the runway this season 

• ATRL Moderator
5 hours ago, satellites.™ said:

Mihya shouldve won this week, she choreod too. 

Gail did you miss the part where they tossed her choreo out and Nymphia took over?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.