RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Make Your Own Kind of Rusic (f/ legendary lipsync)

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

I love this damn show. I already low-key stanned Jade but she is so raw and honest and yet still engaging. And of course Maddie has found her niche and is one of the best interviewers out there. We love. 

Also all 10 of my votes went to Darienne for being the true runway queen of the Fame Game girlies and we should be celebrating that. 

• Like 2

• Replies 42.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

I drag her all the time but gotta give Naysha props for getting Delta Work mentioned on drag race in the year 2023. Wish they showed Ru’s face.

Considering WOW basically blocked her from winning her deserved 2nd Emmy (she won for season 10, but even though she did hair work on the episode of season 11 that got nominated and won, WOW wouldn’t submit her on the nom because she had already been dismissed from the ongoing series by the time they did), I’m kind of shocked they left the reference in at all.

• Haha 1

I voted for Jessica for the fame games.

Lala and Jaymes did have the most entertaining talent show acts (that we could see). Wtf is up with the editing this season? I know that we are coming off of what is easily the best all stars season but still… did they slash the budget or something? The editing was super choppy and since this is a streaming exclusive there is no reason that they couldn’t have kept the majority of the performances. 

I’m happy that we finally had the reading mini challenge. I’m ecstatic after someone read Alexis’s bald spot to her face. Monica actually had a couple of fun reads which is a welcome departure from the rest of her showing this entire season (including her low energy lip sync)… like ***** how the **** do you fail to deliver any sort of enthusiasm when lip syncing to your own song? Even Morgan McMichaels had some sort of energy (even though it wasn’t properly directed).

Naysha was decent in her flamenco act. This was where I really noticed the choppiness of the edit (they truly must hate her). MKD was predictably campy and corny (although her reads were hilarious) but the message was great. I do truly wish this had been a non elimination season because I feel like we would have gotten a lot of insight/emotional moments from her as well ask MBH and probably Darienne. 

Darienne is the first queen to do standup during the variety extravaganza to not bomb while doing standup. She absolutely deserves her praise for that. Jaymes’s song and routine was hilarious. I’m not shocked that she ended up in the top. All also did quite well in her performance. Again, not shocked that she ended up in the top. 

Alexis was slightly off key the entire performance but I do have to give her credit for singing live - which is difficult on a good day. Jessica looked amazing and I enjoyed her act but I do understand why she wasn’t one of the top two all stars (I still want her to win fame games). 

Genuine question: that can’t have been Kandy singing on that track… can it? It doesn’t sound like her at all… and we’ve heard how kandy’s voice sounds when heavily auto tuned during the rusical. 

Jimbo’s performance was hilarious. I love when she pushes the boundaries of drag and straight up ridiculousness. She started off as a drag clown and although her looks are far more polished, it’s nice to see her go back to her roots. 

Honestly, Jaymes did better than I expected in the lip sync. Congrats to her on finally winning a challenge. Lala def deserved her win but honestly I think production knew that they were fan favorites (at least somewhat to those who aren’t on Twitter anyways) so they threw the queens a bone. 

I genuinely hope Jessica wins the Fame Games. She deserves it after being robbed this whole season.  While I’m happy that we got to see some of the lip sync assassins, this season would have heavily benefited from the older two winner format. Jimbo probably would have had even more wins but Jessica would’ve been a clear runner up. 

Edited by loveisdead9582
  • Like 4

Gave 4 votes to Darienne and 2 votes to Kasha, Alexis and Jessica

Edited by bestfiction

11 hours ago, ZeroSuitBritney said:

Anyways, I wonder how TFG winner will be announced? There's no way they recorded everyone winning back when they filmed and will just edit the episode with the winner, right? That's too many people.

Odds are they will record a very short minute - two minute clip when voting finishes where Ru wears the same outfit/Raven paints her the same as when they recorded the rest of the episode. It’ll be a quick clip at the end using footage from untucked/the season. 

This is speculation but it makes more sense than actually recording each queen pretending she won. 

They were all so terrible except Jimbo :skull:

of all the seasons to do this they pick this one with second and third tier queens :skull:

12 hours ago, bestfiction said:

Mother Kasha winning a cute coin for herself :jonnycat: Love this for her

Only because everyone else was god awful :skull:

Edited by Dula Peep

20 hours ago, NumbSoul said:

Damn, y'all are going in on my post :skull: Was it that I didn't like the talent show or something else?

If it's the first one, I don't mean to be rude, but I'm surprised people liked it. Outside of maybe Lala, no one put on a show-stopping number. They can do whatever they want. it's their moment to show what they do best, and most of the outcomes were so lackluster imo. 

It was ******* terrible across the board 

18 hours ago, ZeroSuitBritney said:

I'm a big fan of Jaymes but what is going on here? How in the WORLD did she make Top 2 with this talent show? LaLa yes absolutely 100% deserved it. I was certain the other top was going to be Jessica, Kasha, or even Kahanna. What is HAPPENING?

It’s called payola. jaymes is a producer favorite and is totally going to win, not that it even matters tho… 60k? After taxes they get what? 40k? Wow…:what:

On 7/12/2023 at 10:05 PM, Solaris said:

There’s no way Jax beats Jade Jolie on that season

• Like 1

5 for Lake 5 for wild all things balanced as it should be. 

Listen, I love Legendca, but if the Fame Games is supposed to be based on the runway looks…. She shouldn’t be winning 

not that anyone besides Jimbo had a particularly great runway package, but I think Kahanna consistently looked the best if that’s the criteria 

18 minutes ago, Rigalo said:

Listen, I love Legendca, but if the Fame Games is supposed to be based on the runway looks…. She shouldn’t be winning 

not that anyone besides Jimbo had a particularly great runway package, but I think Kahanna consistently looked the best if that’s the criteria 

Kahanna’s runway looks didn’t always fit the brief. Aside from Jimbo, Alexis and Jessica probably had the best runway packages when it came down to runway themes. Yes, Kahanna is gorgeous and when you put her in multiple variations of a bra/corset and panties she looks nice. Having a good body doesn’t equal a great runway package. 

• Like 1

Am I the only one here who thinks lip syncing should be a major skill on the show, up there with fashion and comedy? And not just a last ditch thing to try and save yourself?

I want a fair lip sync tournament every season that eliminates a weak lip syncer, and I want a fair lip sync for the crown where the better performance wins

I think giving an amazing lip sync should be considered a good thing like winning a challenge, like I legit think Coco could have won season 5 off the strength of her lip syncs and I’m not exaggerating

No I don’t care if that means people like Bianca, Jinkx and Jimbo may not win anymore

7 minutes ago, Solaris said:

Am I the only one here who thinks lip syncing should be a major skill on the show, up there with fashion and comedy? And not just a last ditch thing to try and save yourself?

I want a fair lip sync tournament every season that eliminates a weak lip syncer, and I want a fair lip sync for the crown where the better performance wins

I think giving an amazing lip sync should be considered a good thing like winning a challenge, like I legit think Coco could have won season 5 off the strength of her lip syncs and I’m not exaggerating

No I don’t care if that means people like Bianca, Jinkx and Jimbo may not win anymore

they literally choose the winner with a lipsync though. 

The show has started to only value comedy from the queens.

Runways are literally just there to pad the episode, the judges say literally whatever they want about the runways to support whatever the storyline is, ie Jaymes being told her runways are repetitive while Kandy gets praised for hers.

Design challenges and makeovers don’t matter anymore either, the judging on those isn’t even taken seriously, ie Jorgeous and Sasha winning their design challenges, Spice placing safe when she should have been bottom 2 and Jax placing low when she should have been safe or even high, Cheryl and Loosey being eliminated for their makeovers, etc. etc. etc.

And guess what? The performance challenges don’t matter either, you can even place HIGH in those by being >funny< like Jaymes in the girl groups this season!

But if you’re not funny, you’re out the door yesterday. It doesn’t even matter if you win the lip sync, they will Alyssa Hunter you and proceed to never feature you in anything ever again. It’s weird to me they even describe things as being comedy challenges anymore because Ru then goes on to say every challenge is a comedy challenge - make him laugh!

So yea I would like people to be able to win by doing things other than being funny

2 minutes ago, Afferty said:

they literally choose the winner with a lipsync though. 

No they don’t, see All Stars 7

• Like 1

I mean, I guess it would be funny to see what editing magic they'd have to pull to make their white twink payola girls survive a lipsync challenge.

17 minutes ago, Subomie said:

I mean, I guess it would be funny to see what editing magic they'd have to pull to make their white twink payola girls survive a lipsync challenge.

You mean like having Anetra literally save them? Lmao

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Solaris said:

The show has started to only value comedy from the queens.

Runways are literally just there to pad the episode, the judges say literally whatever they want about the runways to support whatever the storyline is, ie Jaymes being told her runways are repetitive while Kandy gets praised for hers.

Design challenges and makeovers don’t matter anymore either, the judging on those isn’t even taken seriously, ie Jorgeous and Sasha winning their design challenges, Spice placing safe when she should have been bottom 2 and Jax placing low when she should have been safe or even high, Cheryl and Loosey being eliminated for their makeovers, etc. etc. etc.

And guess what? The performance challenges don’t matter either, you can even place HIGH in those by being >funny< like Jaymes in the girl groups this season!

But if you’re not funny, you’re out the door yesterday. It doesn’t even matter if you win the lip sync, they will Alyssa Hunter you and proceed to never feature you in anything ever again. It’s weird to me they even describe things as being comedy challenges anymore because Ru then goes on to say every challenge is a comedy challenge - make him laugh!

So yea I would like people to be able to win by doing things other than being funny

they should switch it up and have a comedy routine for their life :ahh:

15 minutes ago, unino said:

they should switch it up and have a comedy routine for their life :ahh:

THAT IS LITERALLY WHAT JIMBO AND SILKY DID

1 hour ago, loveisdead9582 said:

Kahanna’s runway looks didn’t always fit the brief. Aside from Jimbo, Alexis and Jessica probably had the best runway packages when it came down to runway themes. Yes, Kahanna is gorgeous and when you put her in multiple variations of a bra/corset and panties she looks nice. Having a good body doesn’t equal a great runway package. 

Oops I forgot about Alexis!

I still think Kahanna was in the top 3 for runway packages with Jimbo and Alexis. Some of the stuff might have been a little same-y but she had a couple of stellar looks. Jessica didn’t really wow me at all on the runway and had a couple of looks that I actually thought were kinda ugly. Just my opinion! She’d be my overall winner if she was still in the comp :fan:

Alexis did have very well put together, pristine looks this season. I just find her style boring :katie: it’s like every week the category in her mind is “55 year old moderately successful actress takes the red carpet” plus the biggest fake smile you’ve ever seen. 

Also the whole “I’m such a h*rny pig!” thing comes across very try hard and like… why. It’s obvious she is making a point in pushing that as part of her image to counteract her corniness but it just makes her seem even more corny :rip:

I promise I enjoy me some mawmah Alexis she just gets on my nerves sometimes 

This season was dog ****. Jimbo, Jessica and a bunch of messes.

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.