RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Make Your Own Kind of Rusic (f/ legendary lipsync)

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

4 hours ago, Solaris said:

In fact have we had a single good lip sync this season

No, all of them have been bad :skull:

(Lala was good in About Damn Time though and Jessica bringing out the titties for Coconuts was great)

15 minutes ago, Solaris said:

I might be wrong about this, I’ve never been on Drag Race, but to me it really feels like Naysha exaggerates how much the producers control things and refuses to take any ownership over her Drag Race placements. Naysha has been eliminated on this show 3 times and they were all fair eliminations. Naysha had 2 opportunities to lip sync on season 8 and did poorly both times, her runways were not impressive on either of her seasons, she doesn’t sew, and she is terrible at comedy challenges. I love Naysha for so many reasons, but she has been consistently disappointing on Drag Race and I think she blames the producers for her own poor performances.

Yeah, she seems a little bitter and she suffers from her own inflated ego because I haven't seen her really slay on Drag Race in my opinion.  I always wonder if her success outside of Drag Race is skewing her perception of how she should be doing on this show. She's a great drag queen, but not every great drag queen is set up to do well on Drag Race. I do have a soft spot for her though so I give her empathy for her feelings on her placement this season :celestial5:

Edited by KLatz

• Replies 42.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, That Bad Eartha said:

Anyone else watching this? The first episode was so much fun, the host is a very good storyteller but he also is good at sitting back and letting the girls crack jokes and add to the story. Felt really refreshing after Drag Me To Dinner which was a lot of fun but the bits with the judges all got old super fast.

The girls all seemed to really get into it to as it went. Excited for the rest of the episodes (think it is gonna be a 4 episode season).

I want to watch, but isn't it on some really weird service no one's ever heard of? :redface: WOW+ should acquire it.

5 hours ago, Solaris said:

In fact have we had a single good lip sync this season

Jessica's was fine for like the first 30 seconds. 

Other than that, all lipsyncs have been BAD. One thing All Stars 6 had was that the lipsyncs (some) at least were good. 

26 minutes ago, Melquiades said:

Jessica's was fine for like the first 30 seconds. 

Other than that, all lipsyncs have been BAD. One thing All Stars 6 had was that the lipsyncs (some) at least were good. 

All Stars 6 had some AMAZING lip syncs

So I’d never heard Freakazoid before and now I’m kind of obsessed with it and I’m getting upset it wasn’t used for a LSFYL on a regular season

imagine if Anetra and Sasha had done this song instead of that B side Fifth Harmony song???

1 hour ago, feelslikeadream said:

I want to watch, but isn't it on some really weird service no one's ever heard of? :redface: WOW+ should acquire it.

Haha yes a rando streaming niche service that seems to cater to nerds/improv lovers in the way WOW caters to gays. But it is only $6 to sub for the month to this thing and there are only gonna be 4 episodes so I just subbed and will cancel when it is done. Though they offer 3-day free trials if you just want to wait till all the episodes are out and watch them.

I really enjoyed the host so might go back and watch some of the other D&D content he hosted.

On 6/30/2023 at 6:48 AM, Unoriginal said:

jimbo is gonna be such a threat on aw2 like

You KNOW things change when multiple fan faves get into the room. Ru finally knows everyones name too, Jimbo will have real competition at the top level.

IT's gonna be good!

They should reformat Drag Race, have all the contestants live in a house together with most of it filmed and let them smoke and drink on camera and go out. But keep the rest of the competition the same, drive them to the set for challenges, runways and eliminations every day just like they do now.

Also, stop rigging the ******* lip syncs, and I’m referring to Alyssa Hunter and Jasmine Kennedie type situations.

Show would be perfect I swear

This last episode was probably the best one thus far - Jimbo is such a kii 

Cant wait for her to snatch the crown! 
Im also quite surprised Jessica is still around lol

3 hours ago, Blue Rose said:

spacer.png

not Ru being a voice actor in Nimona. Where did he find the time :deadbanana4:

What magic did they use on the voice filter on this movie?!? :deadbanana2:

I watch the movie like rn! And I didn't recognise his. Have to rewind to notice his pronunciations.

2 hours ago, That Bad Eartha said:

Anyone else watching this? The first episode was so much fun, the host is a very good storyteller but he also is good at sitting back and letting the girls crack jokes and add to the story. Felt really refreshing after Drag Me To Dinner which was a lot of fun but the bits with the judges all got old super fast.

The girls all seemed to really get into it to as it went. Excited for the rest of the episodes (think it is gonna be a 4 episode season).

I do! The banter is really funny! Monet/Troyann looking for a mark to kill and somehow it turns to Mark Ronson is so bloody random and entertaining.

2 hours ago, Mornings said:

Also what happened to Bianca Del Rio? Am I crazy, I remember her being actually funny at one point, right? Her pit stop has been really painful to get through. The timing is weird, and her jokes seem a little timid or the pacing is off. She doesn't seem like shes having fun. Bob was the best host to me.. even corny Monet was better. 

She doesn't give a **** about the show and it's painfully obvious :skull: she's just there for the check

2 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

It's on Dropout.tv, which is a platform for comedy sketches and game shows of CollegeHumour. Lots of fun shows to watch if you are generally a geek/nerd.

Edited by Rep2000

2 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

Same. I'm not going to pay for another streaming service for a show. 

At leasr WOW+ is wprth it with the all year long drag races. 

Edited by unino

I only watched one episode (Willam and Alaska’s) but Drag Me To Dinner didn’t really give me what I thought it was going to :rip: 

14 hours ago, ♚ PRiNCE HiGH ♚ said:

what happened

What didn't happen, lol.

Naysha went OFF on a patron confrontation yet shades the girls she literally JUST had in Roscoe's to fit the narrative of the guest. 

And Alexis changed her story about 4 times in the span of one sitdown, and has yet again changed her stories AGAIN on Twitter even after this visit.

The fandom is psychotic, I get it, but neither is helping their case here.

And for the record, I do recognize Naysha's talent from Continental as mentioned earlier.

@Solaris Also that chick bringing up Sherry Pie in the context of Alexis' old raunchy routines in NYC and sexual assault was especially messy.

By far the messiest episode in a long time - a close second maybe being Willam, Dida and Kandy. 

43 minutes ago, Espresso said:

@Solaris Also that chick bringing up Sherry Pie in the context of Alexis' old raunchy routines in NYC and sexual assault was especially messy.

By far the messiest episode in a long time - a close second maybe being Willam, Dida and Kandy. 

Alexis still trying it with Lala even after being told she's in a relationship many times :deadbanana4:

Just jack off before going on stage damn

• Haha 1

BEST RU SONG

fight me

7 minutes ago, Giancor said:

BEST RU SONG

fight me

Choices.

I'm sorry but Alexis is so *****, none of the girls the last few seasons would have the nerve to act like she did :jonny2:

(no, not mistress) 

Edited by MonsterJohn

1 hour ago, MonsterJohn said:

I'm sorry but Alexis is so *****, none of the girls the last few seasons would have the nerve to act like she did :jonny2:

(no, not mistress) 

Damn but the thought of MIB and Alexis Michelle on the same season sounds like a dream tho 

1 hour ago, MonsterJohn said:

(no, not mistress) 

Alexis is so funny because she's like the complete opposite of nerve, but she's gone so far it tipped over again to nerve. Like the girl has such a lack of spine she somehow acts like noone else.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Am I the only one who stopped watching this bomb of a season? Just crown Jimbo and end it already omfg

This season made me realize how much filler are in these Drag Race episodes. I guess it's more tolerable with queens we're just getting to know, but with these queens it really is so boring. When I did resume watching (for the Roast ep) I skipped everything besides the runway, challenge and critiques. They really need to condense the episodes, going back to 40m tops was actually a good thing, if they can account for it unlike S15, it'd have better results and be way easier to watch.

We just don't need the girls faking conversations in the work room about the challenge or whatever other filler they use. It's so redundant.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, FLAallday said:

Damn but the thought of MIB and Alexis Michelle on the same season sounds like a dream tho 

Imagine a season with MIB, Tamisha Iman, Alexis Michelle, Daya Betty, Kornbread, Crystal Methyd, Utica, etc :celestial5:

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.