RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Make Your Own Kind of Rusic (f/ legendary lipsync)

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

40 minutes ago, TrueBlood said:

This telenovela here is sending me.

"You are the best."

fake-smile-okaaay-then.gif

Successica is honestly THE star for me this season, even with the amount of slayage that Jimbo has brought.

• Like 3

• Replies 42.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

All wins this season have been deserved but it just sucks that for almost every single one, a Jessica win also would have felt deserved. If this was the two winner format, she’d have 3-4 wins between ball, rusical, roast, and pound cake challenge. And Jimbo would have like… 6 or 7 :gaycat7:

• Like 5

On 7/1/2023 at 12:15 PM, Lexiel said:

I saw Kylie in person and she danced, split, twirled, sang beautifully live, overall turned it OUT. One of the best performances I've seen. Detox literally kissed me during her set and nothing compares to what Kylie did I was mesmerized. Please stop.

That’s the thing with drag race- a queen’s Charisma, Uniqueness, Nerve, and Talent doesn’t always translate on the show. And of course, because it is a HIGHLY PRODUCED show, we don’t ever get to really feel the (Jaida) essence (Hall) of the queens like we do in person.

I was so sick of the Jorgeous payola on s14, but she’s honestly one of the queens I would love to see at a bar live! 

or a better example, Brita is actually so warm, bubbly, full of good and genuine energy (also beautiful) when I had spent a night out with friends of hers, hopping between gigs through NYC. None of that energy was portrayed on the show, and she ended up with a horrible edit.

So the show is obviously not always accurate representation of a queen’s C.U.N.T. outside of the Drag Race show.

On 7/1/2023 at 12:36 PM, TrueBlood said:

I’m thinking she might perform the final lipsync as Shirley Temple, she’s been doing it live lately and it’s just crazy. She even did it against Jasmine to Hallucinate in a club, and she basically destroyed her to the point she also felt the need to embarass herself and tap-dance. :rip:

This way of lipsysincing is extremely powerful coming from Jimbo, ‘cause it forces you to enter a state of ridiculousness that the majority of queens are actually not willing to go into, especially fashion/dancing queens who take themselves too seriously. 

Proving the point some of us are trying to make- repeating the same jokes/gags is going to tire. She needs to keep that creative flowing and start doing something else.

if she does Shirley Temple in the final lip sync and wins…it’ll taint her crowning for me. If they want to crown her, make it look legit by not doing the lip sync format, at least. Same thing they should have done for Jinkx. Like she dominated AS7, but then it looked super lame that she won a lip sync tournament for the crown. Get rid of the lip syncs if they aren’t gonna actually be judge fairly anymore!

Edited by Gwegend

On 7/1/2023 at 12:46 PM, Rigalo said:

Y’all just proving my point lol 15 dislikes and the only “rebuttal” is “well everyone else sucks, so…” :ahh: 

i just feel like it’s a little early to be doing callbacks to stuff when your first stint on the show was three years ago. The baloney thing was exactly what she did on UKvsTW for her talent show. A year and a half ago. I’m personally not gagging. I have a stinking suspicion that a LOT of girls would be dog walked for doing the same thing, but it’s JIMBO! :fan: 

Did y’all get the tea?!

I love Jimbo- but again- this thread needs more objectivity. To reiterate what @Rigalojust said - If this was a different queen doing the same gags from 2 seasons ago, they’d be getting dragged

Maddie’s little show has a decent number of views for an early out girl lol 

16 hours ago, TrueBlood said:

“Is that a giant?”

”Oh, it’s Shea Coulee”

ICONIC.

The SCREAM I let out :dies:

Just stopping by to say that Jessica was FULLY robbed this week. Her roast was hilarious, like genuinely laugh out loud funny.

It was a kii though that Jimbo pulled out her best characters from previous appearances on the show to get her win. She knows how to play the game and it shows.

Edited by Hephaestus

3 hours ago, Gwegend said:

Did y’all get the tea?!

I love Jimbo- but again- this thread needs more objectivity. To reiterate what @Rigalojust said - If this was a different queen doing the same gags from 2 seasons ago, they’d be getting dragged

It’s also just disappointing when you actually like lip syncs and you want a good lip sync and you just get Jimbo doing his talent show number again

I would have loved to see them actually do Freakazoid but instead Jimbo just did the bologna ghost again

But hey that’s what some of these people like

• Like 1

In fact have we had a single good lip sync this season

Jimbo has got some of you so pressed these days. Jimbo used his strength to win a lipsync, nothing wrong with that.

Solaris

i need one true horror look from jimbo this season, has she done that since her season on cdr?

Alexis AND Naysha were getting WRECKED in the Roscoe's YouTube comments. I feel like they deleted the majority of the bad ones.

1 hour ago, Espresso said:

Alexis AND Naysha were getting WRECKED in the Roscoe's YouTube comments. I feel like they deleted the majority of the bad ones.

Naysha was particularly annoying that episode and in fact that’s the episode that made me post a comment here that even Roscoe’s and the Pit Stop were bad this season. Naysha circles every conversation back to complaining about the producers and she snaps on audience members a little too easily. It’s not too bad, it’s still decent content, but Naysha has been really agitated and biased about this season.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Espresso said:

what happened

Jimbo and Jessica have been so fantastic this season. Id be happy for either of them to win, though arguably Jimbo deserves it more, she’s just excellent at everything 

Nausea Lopez always gets dragged in the comments and she should. You host viewing parties and have BEEN part of the show and you’re still shocked producers produce… bitter dumb ass

spacer.png

not Ru being a voice actor in Nimona. Where did he find the time :deadbanana4:

Anyone else watching this? The first episode was so much fun, the host is a very good storyteller but he also is good at sitting back and letting the girls crack jokes and add to the story. Felt really refreshing after Drag Me To Dinner which was a lot of fun but the bits with the judges all got old super fast.

The girls all seemed to really get into it to as it went. Excited for the rest of the episodes (think it is gonna be a 4 episode season).

37 minutes ago, Bimbo said:

Nausea Lopez always gets dragged in the comments and she should. You host viewing parties and have BEEN part of the show and you’re still shocked producers produce… bitter dumb ass

I might be wrong about this, I’ve never been on Drag Race, but to me it really feels like Naysha exaggerates how much the producers control things and refuses to take any ownership over her Drag Race placements. Naysha has been eliminated on this show 3 times and they were all fair eliminations. Naysha had 2 opportunities to lip sync on season 8 and did poorly both times, her runways were not impressive on either of her seasons, she doesn’t sew, and she is terrible at comedy challenges. I love Naysha for so many reasons, but she has been consistently disappointing on Drag Race and I think she blames the producers for her own poor performances.

While I am happy for Jimbo to finally win a lipsync, and I thought she did in the top two of the roast, I'm not here for recycling the characters especially on an all stars season. Especially the one she lip-synced in.

for that reason alone im going with Jessica Wild as the top this week. 

Also what happened to Bianca Del Rio? Am I crazy, I remember her being actually funny at one point, right? Her pit stop has been really painful to get through. The timing is weird, and her jokes seem a little timid or the pacing is off. She doesn't seem like shes having fun. Bob was the best host to me.. even corny Monet was better. 

Just a reminder that Naysha won Miss Continental, which very few other Drag Race contestants are capable of.

• Like 1

Then again, why am I bothering, probably none of you watch Continental :skull:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.