RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Make Your Own Kind of Rusic (f/ legendary lipsync)

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

Did anyone see that article about Shangela from the LA Times? Very disappointing if true.

• Replies 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

rihannafan
4 hours ago, Morissette said:

I love Alaska but literally all she does is reference Drag Race and other Rugirls. Sis has forgotten her own brand. 

She never had one. All her praise was literally smokes and mirrors as ATRL likes to say.

Even if the allegations are false, Shangela saying that people accusing her is "bad for the whole community" is so weird :biblio:

Alaska will do well overall and will have no weak challenge. But i dont see her being the star of AW season. 

Bob will have at least 3 wins and the best runway package due to her connection with We are here team. She could have better run that Jinx. And will be somewhat fresh to the general viewers considering that they only saw her in 8 competitive eps.

Bianca's stick might get old on AW so idk if her comedy will be the slayage. However, i also dont think we will see any weak spot this time as well.

With Aquaria, i really want to see her on AW but super nervous for her. She still has to prove in some areas like winning design challenge with well executed garment, personality wise (she was young and was one dimension character), comedy also was sloppy, etc. The ***** is ***** and i love her but really need that GROWTH from her.

Violet would have 2-3 wins with design, ball, makeover. And flop in any other challenge. Still that would be more win that half of the cast and THE best runway showcase. 

Sasha V would be an advocate with 1-2 wins at best. Her personality, drag knowledge, view on drag and drag will shine even more that on S9. Likely to be the raja of AW2(including winning lipsync thing)

Sasha C would have nothing to offer expect being more ***** and carefree. It's too soon for her to compete after a perfect run.

so yes bob is taking it. 

2 hours ago, publikcitizen said:

Did anyone see that article about Shangela from the LA Times? Very disappointing if true.

Yep.

A TLDR for anyone. The man who is accusing Shangela is proceeding with litigation.

It also paints HBO and the creators of We’re Here in a really bad light. The production companies involved in We’re Here seemingly dropped all internal investigations in 2021 until the victim posted on Instagram and then suddenly contacted him again. I may be reading it incorrectly but it seems they were just intending on ignoring it and hoping the victim would give up. 

33 minutes ago, Riot said:

Even if the allegations are false, Shangela saying that people accusing her is "bad for the whole community" is so weird :biblio:

it's bad timing to have a very famous and beloved drag queen being accused for this while ban drag movement is going strong. It would for sure damage drag community. 

51 minutes ago, unino said:

it's bad timing to have a very famous and beloved drag queen being accused for this while ban drag movement is going strong. It would for sure damage drag community. 

And this is exactly why I need Jinkx, Shangela and every other drag entertainer (but especially the ones who have a platform) to do better. This is not the time to slip up!

5 hours ago, khalyan said:

I could barely make it through their last episode of Hot Goss, Willam was so rude the entire time for no reason and Alaska was trying her hardest to course correct and sanitize Willam’s opinions.  It was really uncomfortable, they just need to split soon. 

Agree. The earlier seasons of Race Chaser are so enjoyable but Willam's volatility make it less than entertaining most of the time for more recent episodes. 

16 minutes ago, Vulnicura said:

Agree. The earlier seasons of Race Chaser are so enjoyable but Willam's volatility make it less than entertaining most of the time for more recent episodes. 

I think they lost what made it so special which was like TEA it wasn't JUST a review show it was confirmed insider tea while nowadays if anything it's mostly speculation.

24 minutes ago, Vulnicura said:

I also don’t enjoy their blatant favoritism sometimes for the LA girls which makes them have no sense of objectivity when reviewing. For example: they were blindly praising everything Salina did this season meanwhile nothing she delivered this season was above mediocre 

Race chaser tries to do too much when the content they have bekng less and less and the credibility went down with it doesn't help. They squeezed every drop out of their sources and barely have queens spilling tea on their pod anymore. 

Also with the popularity of the pit stop and sibling watchery no one wants to watch or hear another recap/review.

17 minutes ago, D e v o n said:

I think they lost what made it so special which was like TEA it wasn't JUST a review show it was confirmed insider tea while nowadays if anything it's mostly speculation.

13 minutes ago, blackoutbritney said:

I also don’t enjoy their blatant favoritism sometimes for the LA girls which makes them have no sense of objectivity when reviewing. For example: they were blindly praising everything Salina did this season meanwhile nothing she delivered this season was above mediocre 

Yh you're both right unfortunately, it's almost tiresome at this point

2 hours ago, Both Sides Now said:

Yep.

A TLDR for anyone. The man who is accusing Shangela is proceeding with litigation.

It also paints HBO and the creators of We’re Here in a really bad light. The production companies involved in We’re Here seemingly dropped all internal investigations in 2021 until the victim posted on Instagram and then suddenly contacted him again. I may be reading it incorrectly but it seems they were just intending on ignoring it and hoping the victim would give up. 

still surprised Bob has never mentioned it, maybe now they'll be forced too, hurts their emmy chances that she wants so badly

34 minutes ago, aayAlex said:

Hasn’t this happened in the past? 

Completely objective statement here, but I’ve seen her in the bars in Puerto Vallarta multiple times. And each time- she is SMACKED. Most recently, I saw her Dec 2021 and she had to be carried out of the bar. 

4 hours ago, Hephaestus said:

And this is exactly why I need Jinkx, Shangela and every other drag entertainer (but especially the ones who have a platform) to do better. This is not the time to slip up!

!

If this goes viral enough RIGHT NOW during the drag bans? :deadbanana4:

There is a reason Ru ALWAYS connects politics to drag, they are intertwined by nature and always will be.

3 hours ago, KasioKas said:

Yh you're both right unfortunately, it's almost tiresome at this point

still surprised Bob has never mentioned it, maybe now they'll be forced too, hurts their emmy chances that she wants so badly

I imagine bob will remain silent tbh. I don’t think any ru gurl is gonna speak up on this considering how deep her connections and relationships go back in that world

Still think it’s so unhinged that we’ve all known these things about Shangela for months now but ppl will only now be talking about it because there is an article :rip: like… we should have taken care of this months ago (apparently years ago if the WH team dropped it internally) 

So now since it’s just I now coming to light Shangela will be the face of pedo drag queens and why drag will be banned :ahh: 

This is so much darker than even the Sherry Pie case, so the radio silence from all corners of the drag world has been disheartening to see.

1 minute ago, Subomie said:

This is so much darker than even the Sherry Pie case, so the radio silence from all corners of the drag world has been disheartening to see.

Yeah, plus the fact that we know it's not even an isolated case since an ATRLer shared a similar story... Yikes :doc:

I have a friend who worked as a production assistant for We’re Here. Let me get the tea chile

2 hours ago, blackoutbritney said:

I imagine bob will remain silent tbh. I don’t think any ru gurl is gonna speak up on this considering how deep her connections and relationships go back in that world

It would be distasteful not too, and people would flood comment sections of social media and podcast posts until she makes a statement, given they work on the same HBO show; she ignored it when it lowkey blew up on reddit but that sort of died down. LA times is too reputable to ignore surely...?

Edited by KasioKas

Bob tweeted that he was sick to his stomach or something around the time that the Shangela allegations blew up on Reddit, but never said what it was about. 

It’s pretty clear that Bob knows what’s going on but just doesn’t want to make an outright statement about it, which is unfortunate to say the least. There’s probably some legal repercussions to consider as well, but it’s really sad to see Shangela favoritism go so far.

Yes, the optics of drag queens and drag bans should be considered, but it’s much worse to turn a blind eye to this rather than hold someone accountable. 

2 hours ago, Rigalo said:

Still think it’s so unhinged that we’ve all known these things about Shangela for months now but ppl will only now be talking about it because there is an article :rip: like… we should have taken care of this months ago (apparently years ago if the WH team dropped it internally) 

So now since it’s just I now coming to light Shangela will be the face of pedo drag queens and why drag will be banned :ahh: 

cause I tried and certain users called me racist for it :deadbanana4:

This isn’t the first time that I’ve seen/heard allegations against Shangela. I hope that the truth comes out. I will caution anyone who is calling her out to have their facts and evidence straight because multiple drag queens have said Shangela has some sort of juju in WOW. 

What a star

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.