RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Make Your Own Kind of Rusic (f/ legendary lipsync)

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

23 minutes ago, Alyssa Edwards said:

I've never heard about this supposed rule-breaking thing before joining this thread less than a year ago. If she broke an important rule they should have kicked her ass off the show before the finale.

Point blank. I wouldn't be mad at all if she had been axed and it would actually make sense that Jaida would have won since she outsells Crystal in every department besides creativity.

I know i'm talking to a wall since this part of the forum is almost a Jaida fan club but when i can, i do like to let my voice be heard on this topic of Jaida V. Gigi. I'm still annoyed about this sh*t to this day.

But i'm excited to see what she brings to All Stars, maybe i'll cool down on being an OJEHH, who knows ?

I mean... I've never stopped thinking she was top 5 (maybe top 2) prettiest faces in Drag Race Herstory.

cuca-deboa.gif

There is a whole thread about it on reddit and twitter. Gigi was forced to record her video  and was going to be disqualified.

You’re also ignoring how Gigi fumbled the second half of the season (like Angeria), and was saved from the bottom twice. She literally had more payola than Jorgeous, and thats why she isnt being defended.

Its also what turned people off of Gigi, Payola plus cheating is not a good look, and why she deserved to lose. I mean, the fact that Jaida’s track record could have been 4-1, and Gigi’s could have been 2-2 (or 3-2 if you still give her the first Rumix win in herstory, only one prior to this season). Or if we still give gigi the ball, but make her lipsync the two times she was supposed to do, the track record would be Jaida 3-1, Gigi 3-2 (or 4-2 still giving her the Rumix). For me, it was making a win for her in the Rumix that was a turn off.

• Replies 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

Yvie ATE that Kelly Clarkson interview and won the lipsynch at the end.

She is READY.

Maybe if S12 didn't have the worst cast of any seasons i've ever watched, i'd take look at it again and judge it with a fresh perspective but i don't think i can fathom doing that to myself ever again girlies :doc:

S12 is absolute **** so I wouldn’t fault anyone for not wanting to watch that **** again 

re watch the best season if you’re bored, aka season 2. 

Gigi is honestly a great queen though 

I was Jaida >> her the whole time (cause Madonna and snatch wins were a bit of a reach) but she has a great aesthetic and can perform.

S14 > S9 > S10 > S11 > S12 > S13

Y’know. S11 really isn’t that bad. It has bad challenges and the cast is too big but there are some really good moments.

Can anyone remember anything from S12? Like, the fact that Jaida’s “look over there!” and Jan’s breakdown are the most remembered things is pretty wild. Even S13 has more memorable moments.

Actually, now that I think about it, S14 kind of lacks iconic moments too. But the difference is, it has a cast FULL of excellence from top to bottom pretty much. S12 can’t relate. 

As lackluster as the last 5 seasons have been, we really got some iconic queens out of it. 

I know ‘Bread & Kerri are texting in a separate thread of the group chat kii’ing over being the 2 girls this season who passed on Voss. 

S10 > S11 >>>> S13 >> S14 >>>>> S12 

S11 so underrated. It was a chaotic mess but entertaining AF, easily more replay value than BORING ass S12 :skull:  (Tho Jaida >>> Yvie)

S13 and S14 are pretty close to each other, both suffer from being too drawn out. I give the edge to S13 cause of the runways, which is my fave part of the show. S14 didn’t really have any standouts, and certainly weren’t anywhere near the levels of Symone and Utica’s runways, even Kahmora’s only runway alone. 

S13 was bland and boring :rip: I’d gladly watch any episode of S12 over that mess

S14 > S10 > S12 >> S11 > S13

S14 was such a fun cast and felt so fresh, I honestly didn't mind the non eliminations. S10 was amazing in the first half but the last few episodes (Breastworld, Evil Twins, Finale) dragged it down. S12 was mostly a good cast but obvious favoritism and some bad challenges dragged it down. S11 had a terrible cast, stupid judging, and some bad challenges. But S13 had the worst premiere ever, some bad contestants, bad judging, and lasted far too long. 

• ATRL Moderator

S12 > S14 > S10 > S11 > S13

S9>S11>S12>S10>S14>S13

Trying not to exude recency bias but 14 has to be one of the best VH1 seasons. I knew 13 was trash a few weeks in.

S9 > S14 > S12 > S10 = S11 > S13

and season 9 was filmed for Logo so S14 the best VH1 Drag Race season confirmed :fan:

Edited by Rigalo

Cast: 14 > 10 > 13 > 11 > 12

Drama: 10 > 11 > 13 > 14 > 12

Runways: 13 > 10 > 11 > 14 > 12

Lipsyncs: 11 > 10 > 13 > 12 > 14

Challenges: 14 > 12 > 13 > 11 > 10

Finale: 11 > 13 > 10 > 14 > 12

Winner: 13 > 12 > 11 > 10 > 14

What did 12 do successfully? Quickly

14 had a very likable cast and great challenges but everything else was a flop for me. Meh runways, meh lipsyncs, deserved winner but still the worst of VH1 era

13 had hands down the best runways, the most iconic winner and good drama but was pretty mid at everything else. On rewatch the season isn't that long, its them taking a week off for that bullsh*t Covid special that made it drag too much

11 had by far the best lipsyncs and drama but the challenges were garbage and so was having 15 queens

10 started off so strong and promising but fizzled so bad towards the end

If they *have* to have 16 season episodes going forward, neither 13 or 14 is the right way. Copy 12's format with 14 queens + double non-elim premiere and 1 double sashay and just add a returning queen mid-season now that Covid bubbles are less necessary. 

Can we all agree that this is the best mini challenge ever 

I like the atmosphere. It feels like a surreal dream

For me I'd say its: 

S9 >> S10 >> S14 >> S13 >> S12 >>>>> S11

In terms of the season as a whole (cast, challenges, judging, looks etc.) 

S9 > S10 > S14 > S11 > S13 > S12

S14 is a little lower than 9 and 10 just because most of the runways were a little lackluster, but they’re all very enjoyable seasons and could be interchangeable to an extent.

S12 and 13 are two of the most boring seasons ever, I’m again giving the edge to 13 over 12 just because of the amazing (designer) runways.

Production:

- We need a homemade video for the finale, rach of you should record a performance in your homes

Gigi:

- Records a video in studio thinking it may also count as home

Profuction:

- We can't accept this video, it should've been recorded in your homes

Gigi:

- Okay.

(Re-records the video she shot before)

Spoiled reddit fans:

- GiGi WaS aLmOsT DisQuaLifiEd, She Is SucH aN AwFul pErSoN

3 minutes ago, Afferty said:

Production:

- We need a homemade video for the finale, rach of you should record a performance in your homes

Gigi:

- Records a video in studio thinking it may also count as home

Profuction:

- We can't accept this video, it should've been recorded in your homes

Gigi:

- Okay.

(Re-records the video she shot before)

Spoiled reddit fans:

- GiGi WaS aLmOsT DisQuaLifiEd, She Is SucH aN AwFul pErSoN

Yeah, this controversy always sounded so weird to me and I'm not even a Gigi fan.

If it wasn't clear that the video had to be shot in their actual homes, I can see how someone would think that shooting it in a private space would work as well, as long as it complied with the rules about making it yourself.

And at the end of the day she lost, so I don't understand why people are still pressed about it.

S11 seemed like a franchise low point at the time, but 12 and 13 are honestly much worse. 13 especially has one of the worst casts ever. Symone was such an easy to clock winner because she was simply the only girl performing at a high level of drag.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.