RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Make Your Own Kind of Rusic (f/ legendary lipsync)

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

You guys are fighting again about the second place? :bibliahh:

• Replies 42.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Unoriginal said:

mistress’s bored me honestly but i think the second top two spot was anetra’s or luxx’s. luxx had the better track record but anetra had the fan support so it really could’ve gone either way and luxx’s performance (to me) just felt more… minor than anetra’s

i guess we’ll never know what anetra’s big cut stunt would’ve been either. maybe that would’ve been what really brought lotus together? 

there’s also the aspect that the songs are kind of branded for the queens? so it’s just whatever the producers and writers think fits the queens best rather than allowing them to do something that would be really defining to them. angeria, for example, was given a song about track record when she was safe for the entire back half of season 14 :skull: anetra definitely had the weakest brand of the top four (mistress’s song was based off one of her catchphrases/quotes, luxx was kind of thee fashion queen of the season, and sasha played god and was also leagues above everyone else) but i think she did the best with the short straw she drew

I agree, I think that’s why Anetra’s song wasn’t really on brand because her brand was walking the duck, but that would have been a bit too… on the nose for an original song/performance I guess. The other girls just had stronger brands to go off of.

I do think Anetra actually had a good performance if it were her talent show performance for example, but after seeing her during the season I wish she would have leaned into a silent killer kind of song rather than our 1000th iteration of walking the duck or whatever Lotus has to do with Anetra specifically. I just didn’t click with her performance (dancer injury aside) cause it just didn’t feel very representative of any kind of growth she had post-recording nor was it really representative of her run on the show Imo.

I do think between Luxx/Mistress, Luxx was clearly stronger, with both being better than Anetra imo, but it really came down to fan favoritism I fear. And Anetra is a talented queen with a deserved hype train, but it’s a huge shame that Mistress’s, Luxx’s and even to a lesser extent Sasha’s, talents were downplayed and almost ignored because Anetra had two great showings during the season, rather than rewarding the consistent contestants. It’s really the only reason I led the OAH train during the season, simply cause it seemed other talented girls were getting overlooked for Anetra being mediocre-bad during the season because people thought she was hot, had a good talent show, etc. 

And one last hater comment, Anetra is a talented performer, but when it comes to choreography she’s pretty.. meh. She doesn’t have that natural performing ability really, and it definitely shows when she goes against some of the other stronger girls. 

Of course everyone is gonna look like an amateur next to Sasha, but it’s so apparent that she just kind of throws everything at the wall sometimes and hopes for the best, which is why Mistress kind of washed her in their lipsync. She’s tight, but it doesn’t flow naturally. 

jimbo's entrance look and the way he uses these body suits gets very close to crossing a line to just being misogynistic 

Not Relampago being a proud OAH. Did he blocked you on grindr or something? It's getting weird. :deadbanana4:

It's obvious that the injured dancer affected Anetra's performance. That was the gag and was miles more interesting than Luxx uneventful reveal or Mistress' split. It's not hard to understand, having to do your performance again because someone got injured as something that would affect your performance and confidence. 

I think it’s weird that the queens get songs that are “branded” for them, but we don’t really get a sense of how much creative control they had during the process. 

A finale where everyone basically was given the resources to do something like what Gigi did during S12 as a true “final showcase” would be nice.

"It must be a CRIME to serve this much beauty" says Naysha Lopez as she stiffly walks into the Werq Room with a busted mug, an Aliexpress prisoner costume with no padding or shape, and a struggling wig.

This is why there shouldn't have been so many All Stars seasons back to back!

2 minutes ago, Material Girl said:

jimbo's entrance look and the way he uses these body suits gets very close to crossing a line to just being misogynistic 

I just saw Victoria Scone y’all 

What a MEH cast. :deadbanana4: Even worst than AS5 and that's saying a lot. 

Rooting for Heidi, she's the only one that I felt we needed in an AS. 

Can't stand Jimbo ******* overrated ass, tbh. :redface:

Edited by Roberto

For someone people keep touting as “boring”, Anetra really has the haters pressed.:rofl: The obsession every time I open this thread. :ahh:

And then Kahana Montrese walks out after Naysha looking like a Fremont St. performer that harrasses you for $$$ just to take a picture with them. Casting should be fired :heart2:!

Alexis "Broadway" Michelle will be a hoot :laugh: . Why are Lala Ri and Monica even there? Even Jimbo's entrance look is a mess :deadbanana2: but she's def the best queen there

We needed Nina Bonina Brown but they gave us these flops!

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, wesleywalrus said:

Literally. It’s time an old hag like Bianca wins. 

Isn’t Sasha the same age as Bianca when she won? 

They couldn’t get Peppermint, Nina Bonina Brown, Gigi Goode, Crystal Methyd, Kim Chi, Asia Ohira?

There’s a lot of stars from Drag Race but I guess we’re stuck with Naysha for some reason.

Anyway here for Darien :clap3:

I am sorry but there has never been a worse cast for any of RuPaul's Drag Race franchise.  I thought All Stars 6 was pretty terrible but then we got this and like... I think this will be the first time I won't actually be watching the show except for the first and last episodes.

Jimbo, Alexis, Darienne, Naysha... jesus give us the drama :heart: 

No matter how "big" the cast - I will ALWAYS be seated for Drag Race and will not complain. We need LGBTQ+ TV and I will always support it.

1 hour ago, KaledKalil said:

Not Relampago being a proud OAH. Did he blocked you on grindr or something? It's getting weird. :deadbanana4:

It's obvious that the injured dancer affected Anetra's performance. That was the gag and was miles more interesting than Luxx uneventful reveal or Mistress' split. It's not hard to understand, having to do your performance again because someone got injured as something that would affect your performance and confidence. 

Please, I’m not gonna personally attack Anetra’s looks but she’s far from my own type, especially with her new face filler :deadbanana4: Jax and Aura were the trades of the season for me. It’s just me being a loud minority because while I get the hype for Anetra, I also think it’s a bit unjustified but opinions are opinions. 

I don’t buy the dancer injury excuse because Anetra went first so everyone had to relearn the choreo without that last dancer, not just Anetra. Plus, I forget where it was posted (I think it was a handful of pages back) but we saw Anetra do a stunt with a dancer that we assumed was her stunt and it wasn’t going to elevate her performance much imo :rip: 

It really comes down to the fact that while I think Anetra is a solid queen, the fact she’s probably the biggest fan fave of any VH1 season is absolutely insane to me. Amazing talent show yes, 1 standout lipsync, sure, but the fact that people were acting like Mistress/Luxx were massive flops while Anetra bombed like 5 challenges was insane to me :skull: The fact people were rooting for her to win over Mistress/Luxx let alone Sasha was a massive case of drag delusion— literally pandemic levels of infection. 

But tbh this is my last OAH post until she’s booked on AS again, cause even I’m tired of it. Handing in my OAH card and exchanging it for my ODarienneLakeH card cause I know she’s gonna get overhyped again, when imo, Kandy does what she does but better. Sue me.

1 hour ago, Material Girl said:

Yeah, thread ban.

49 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

And one last hater comment, Anetra is a talented performer, but when it comes to choreography she’s pretty.. meh. She doesn’t have that natural performing ability really, and it definitely shows when she goes against some of the other stronger girls. 

Of course everyone is gonna look like an amateur next to Sasha, but it’s so apparent that she just kind of throws everything at the wall sometimes and hopes for the best, which is why Mistress kind of washed her in their lipsync. She’s tight, but it doesn’t flow naturally. 

Everything you've said about Anetra is accurate. I've been watching vogue femme videos for over a decade and recently got into taking classes. If it's not your first time seeing the moves, she's just not interesting:rip: like take away the voguing and she's not even really more exciting than like Laganja (or sh*ngela). People are just really impressed by a lil duckwalk and dip. Cannot believe if left to the braindead fans, THAT would be our crowned queen :hoetenks:

And yes, MIB cleared her the week before. It's so funny that some fans act like it was Mistress who was saved, or that Anetra was the "track record" pick to go against Sasha when she had 3 bottoms. Production just pushed her bc they wanted a strong lipsync opponent for Sasha, and she couldn't even do that ONE job bc the ***** pulled a brooke lynn hytes and showed up to the finale in a basic ass bodysuit like its a Tuesday at her local bar while her opponent rightfully came with a fully conceptualized production.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.