RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Rosemarie’s Baby Shower: The Rusical

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

10 hours ago, Gigii said:

I wish you guys would stop equating Instagram followers to popularity or how well someone did on the show. 

I wish you'd not be naive enough to think that doesn't play a factor in who WoW decides to crown every season.

Do you think it's a coincidence Willow & Camden were the 2 most followed in the finale and ended up being top 2?

Kylie most followed and #1 in fan vote

Shea #1 in fan vote and top 2 most followed

Trinity #1 in fan vote and top 2 most followed

Trixie #1 in fan vote and most followed

Alaska top 2 in fan vote and most followed

Symone top 2 in fan vote and most followed

Yvie #1 in fan vote and top 2 most followed

Aqauria #1 in fan vote and most followed

Sasha top 2 in fan vote and most followed

Bob top 2 in fan vote and most followed

itrcva9nzls81.jpg

The only queens who went on to win without being competitive in the fan vote and most followers are Monet & Jaida who completely bodied their finale and had other reasons contributing to their win.

Shea, Jinkx, Trinity, Yvie, and Monet are definitely more likely to win just on the basis of having a bigger following coming into the show whether you like it or not. 

• Replies 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

Monet lost a ton of weight, the promo pic is NOT photoshopped, she is snatched!

To this day I cannot believe Barbie Girl was wasted on Silky getting 3 words right and throwing herself around. 

Almost as bad as Daya wasting Get The Party Started.

8 minutes ago, satellites.™ said:

This might be the only complementary thing I’ve ever seen you say about Miss Change. 

1 hour ago, TheOnlyOne said:
  Hide contents

itrcva9nzls81.jpg

Girl, more than half of this list hasn't won despite having the most votes. Fan votes definitely play a part in the decision, but Ru (and production) will ultimately crown whoever they feel will be the best representative for the brand (meaning: more marketable hence bringing more money to their pockets).

54 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

To this day I cannot believe Barbie Girl was wasted on Silky getting 3 words right and throwing herself around. 

Tea! ! Honestly it’s a damn travesty and I like Silky. But, it’s a whole ass sloppy mess. Entertaining…I guess, but sloppy af. :deadbanana4: 

1 hour ago, Relampago. said:

You're absolutely right and it's time we have this conversation! :sistrens:

1 hour ago, satellites.™ said:

Not more than half having busted their crowns :rip:

1 hour ago, NavyBlue said:

Tea! ! Honestly it’s a damn travesty and I like Silky. But, it’s a whole ass sloppy mess. Entertaining…I guess, but sloppy af. :deadbanana4: 

1 hour ago, Hephaestus said:

You're absolutely right and it's time we have this conversation! :sistrens:

A damn mess! That was one of my most anticipated lipsync songs and that was the result. I know people wanted Silky’s redemption for that awful No Scrubs lipsync but still. 

Fatphobia is rampant in this fanbase and within the show, but this is one of the very, very few isolated instances where being a bigger girl definitely brought some benefits. A skinny girl would have been rightfully DRAGGED for that terrorist attack on an iconic song.

Silky had some pretty good lipsyncs that episode (Girls Just Wanna Have Fun was a slay) but the fact that Barbie Girl is the most lauded of all of them is just… baffling to me. :skull:

I don't know if this is a minority perspective, but I find Shea to be one of the most unlikeable winners of all time. She always seems to have a chip on her shoulder that comes from some place of insecurity. I check her Twitter sometimes and I see this reflected in some of her tweets that just come off as a bit exhausting. Go have fun girl! Let loose a little. 

27 minutes ago, mindbender said:

I don't know if this is a minority perspective, but I find Shea to be one of the most unlikeable winners of all time. She always seems to have a chip on her shoulder that comes from some place of insecurity. I check her Twitter sometimes and I see this reflected in some of her tweets that just come off as a bit exhausting. Go have fun girl! Let loose a little. 

I don’t like Shea either. She‘s just extremely inauthentic to me. Like an alien who has studied how humans interact with each other. Girl is extremely talented though. 

Shea and Trinity are the only ones I don’t really care for. 

Very much rooting for and excited to see Yvie back on my screen. But I honestly Stan almost all of them. 

52 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

A damn mess! That was one of my most anticipated lipsync songs and that was the result. I know people wanted Silky’s redemption for that awful No Scrubs lipsync but still. 

Fatphobia is rampant in this fanbase and within the show, but this is one of the very, very few isolated instances where being a bigger girl definitely brought some benefits. A skinny girl would have been rightfully DRAGGED for that terrorist attack on an iconic song.

Silky had some pretty good lipsyncs that episode (Girls Just Wanna Have Fun was a slay) but the fact that Barbie Girl is the most lauded of all of them is just… baffling to me. :skull:

Yeah, I agree with everything you said. It was camp, but that's about it. Girls Just Wanna Have Fun outsold.

1 hour ago, mindbender said:

35 minutes ago, Stan said:

I don’t like Shea either. She‘s just extremely inauthentic to me. Like an alien who has studied how humans interact with each other. Girl is extremely talented though. 

Shea and Trinity are the only ones I don’t really care for. 

Very much rooting for and excited to see Yvie back on my screen. But I honestly Stan almost all of them. 

That's why I can never buy into the "bad *****" persona she tries to pull off sometimes. Bad ******* are effortless and confident, not a teacher's pet.

Iy4t.gif

People switching on Monet and Yvie when I was always a fan. I love being on the right side of history. 

Iy4t.gif

On the flip side, although I don’t hate Shea or Jinkx, it has been inchresting seeing everyone switch on them too. Jinkx has always been a little weird to me so seeing the reactions to her barely-legal looking fetish was a moment. Also, Shea has rubbed me the wrong way since she wouldn’t shut up about Sasha washing her in S9 during AS5– as if that’s a reason why she should win. 

Sure, she did deserve to win but the fact she focused on that being the reason why was zzz.

Shea hate and Monet stanning? I love it here for once :clap3: 

Shea being alien like is a compliment to her. It’s a drag persona, y’all don’t know these girls irl lol.

I'm curious to see how they're gonna show Jinkx's character this time around

In S5 they used her as the nice underdog who prevailed over evil aka Rolaskatox

But she herself said that she ain't like that, she's  loud, crazy, shady etc...

Maybe the casual fans are in for a surprise

:coffee:

FRX1lCiUcAA1UA5?format=jpg&name=small

Bob is a guest judge on next season of Legendary

And Aja will be competing for the house of LaBeija

Edited by TheOnlyOne

Violet's understudy is so much more pleasant when she isn't serving Mean Gay Elitist Loser which I blame Violet for, but I still love ha

Yvie has been serving in these promos and ate the girls up in the lip-sync. I might have to restan :mandown:

Hearing Jaida talk about how the fans treated her after her win is sad.

The fact people are out there who truly believe Gigi or Crystal should have won is nothing short of terrible. How could anyone genuinely believe that was the case? :toofunny2:

• ATRL Moderator

Interesting to see Aja on Legendary. House of Labeija has such a rich history I can imagine them doing very well, although Legendary loved to eliminate front runners the moment they slip up so we’ll see!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.