RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Make Your Own Kind of Rusic (f/ legendary lipsync)

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

• ATRL Moderator
7 hours ago, publikcitizen said:

Geez MIB and Luxx were a mess for giving transphobic NBB a platform tonight on their live. Like some of the things said about Sasha were gross :biblio: 

MIB and Luxx, do better! 

I watched the live and don't know what "gross" stuff you're talking about :rip: I don't think it was kind when NBB kept trying to point out that some of Sasha's wins weren't deserved, but 95% of this thread said the same thing as they were being awarded. I didn't hear anything transphobic.

1 hour ago, Hurem said:

She spilled nothing. Yes, both organizations are homophobic, except the point wasn’t to promote those organizations, but to give voice to individuals in those communities who are on the right side of the history. We gotta work on building bridges and not making everyone our enemies - especially today.

And the whole segment was obviously aimed  at allies and we know how big the straight audience has gotten. They don’t have to convince us that banning drag is wrong.

Rather than turn this thread into a conversation about why both institutions should be abolished, I'll leave you with the wise words of Audre Lorde. She's talking here specifically about white women seeking shared power with men during the 1970s/'80s, but the logic applies to queer people and the police today:

"On the other hand, white women face the pitfall of being seduced into joining the oppressor under the pretense of sharing power. This possibility does not exist in the same way for women of Color. The tokenism that is sometimes extended to us is not an invitation to join power; our racial 'otherness' is a visible reality that makes that quite clear. For white women there is a wider range of pretended choices and rewards for identifying with patriarchal power and its tools.

Today, with the defeat of ERA, the tightening economy, and increased conservatism, it is easier once again for white women to believe the dangerous fantasy that if you are good enough, pretty enough, sweet enough, quiet enough, teach the children to behave, hate the right people, and marry the right men, then you will be allowed to co-exist with patriarchy in relative peace, at least until a man needs your job or the neighborhood rapist happens along. And true, unless one lives and loves in the trenches it is difficult to remember that the war against dehumanization is ceaseless.

But Black women and our children know the fabric of our lives is stitched with violence and with hatred, that there is no rest. We do not deal with it only on the picket lines, or in dark midnight alleys, or in the places where we dare to verbalize our resistance. For us, increasingly, violence weaves through the daily tissues of our living — in the supermarket, in the classroom, in the elevator, in the clinic and the schoolyard, from the plumber, the baker, the saleswoman, the bus driver, the bank teller, the waitress who does not serve us.

Some problems we share as women, some we do not. You fear your children will grow up to join the patriarchy and testify against you, we fear our children will be dragged from a car and shot down in the street, and you will turn your backs upon the reasons they are dying."

:flower: NO COPS ON DRAG RACE :flower:

• Replies 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Love Again said:

I love Bianca but now that Pit Stop is over I can finally say that I didn't like her as a host at all. She is very stale and doesn't engage as much with her guests as Bob, Monét and Trixie were able to do. I really hope Jaida gets the gig for AS8/S16.

Tea. Except a couple episodes, this season’s Pit Stop was so boring. Final nail in the coffin was Bianca repeating that China earthquake joke for the 84736th time in the last episode. I don’t know about Jaida because she doesn’t strike me as someone who’s good at hosting, but I’d like to see it not gonna lie.

2 hours ago, Love Again said:

I love Bianca but now that Pit Stop is over I can finally say that I didn't like her as a host at all. She is very stale and doesn't engage as much with her guests as Bob, Monét and Trixie were able to do. I really hope Jaida gets the gig for AS8/S16.

Her guest were kind of bad tbh 

16 minutes ago, Hephaestus said:

Tea. Except a couple episodes, this season’s Pit Stop was so boring. Final nail in the coffin was Bianca repeating that China earthquake joke for the 84736th time in the last episode. I don’t know about Jaida because she doesn’t strike me as someone who’s good at hosting, but I’d like to see it not gonna lie.

Yea I actually agree. I adore Bianca but I got so so irritated with that gross foot joke too every episode--like it's not funny and I don't care.

Bob and Monet were by far the best hosts. Trixie is a close second to them. 

3 hours ago, GotMyBlueprint said:

You didn't lie about the rest of the cast, but you know damn well she Pearl-Harbor'd the rest of that cast, Cheeze-Dick won what, the acting challenge, that everybody knows was Denny's, and the snatch game laugh edits on his cringe and overused, surface level jokes were suspicious AF.

Not a single win on the level of Danny's Roosical victory, :sorry:

Heresy and homophobic, especially considering how awful everybody else on that cast was, YES including joke-non-lander, snatch-game-win-stealer Cheeze-It and one-note-can-she-do-anything-else-Flopkota

Y'all only liked Stankota because she was charming, pretty and charismatic, I'll give her that, but her drag was boring, predictable and pedestrian, and not above Jombozo or Pooxie like y'all pretend.

C93qLYGXUAE3Cov.thumb.jpg.902168c702222d

Your nicknames are insane :bibliahh:

Bring back Trixie/Monet for the Pit Stop.

Bianca was not a good host.

Symone should host the next pitstop, I feel like she'd be an incredible host.

Also I think Peppermint would kill it too.

8 hours ago, qurl said:

something i’ve been thinking about that i want to try to summarize as briefly as possible:

i do definitely realize and understand how overall this season can seem and people will perhaps think it seems underwhelming in hindsight because it was so obvious that Sasha was going to win from the very beginning ……..BUT!!!!!!! i think that is predicated on a very “Drag Race” perception-of-drag mindset. sure , part of the appeal of drag race is watching hungry girls go at it for the crown which is why people loved Mistress, Luxx and Anetra as well , but it cannot be understated what an icon Sasha already was prior to coming onto drag race. someone like me, i didn’t appreciate it at the time what having someone like Alyssa, or Detox, or Roxxxy, or Alaska on season 5 was …. or someone like Bianca on season 6

these are drag queens that other drag queens know and look to for inspo. even a lot of fans knew of Sasha, perhaps bc of Kerri or Sasha Velour or they just did their homework / know their $h!t but … anyway i’m just rambling

im really happy for Sasha and i’m really happy that in 2023 they honored someone who has been doing drag for a while , came up the old school way, paid her dues, and really put in the f*cking effort to get where she got ! /essay

I agree. This is why I was peeved with all the fans saying things like "oh Sasha shouldn't win bc it's so predictable" like *****??? We should be rewarding excellence, not necessarily just the underdog or a gag everytime. And then the stans also complain when we GET unpredictable stuff like ben/shangela, manila, or even as a whole when they expect a double shantay and don't get it like with Marcia.

3 hours ago, Love Again said:

Agreed. I enjoy Bianca in doses, but I think her standup comic (rehearsed jokes) jumps out a bit too much when it's 50% the exact same dialogue every week. They also didn't give her the best guests too, tbf.

I don’t even think it’s that “obvious” to the viewer that Sasha was dominating the season lol. Not everyone watches and keeps track with a point system of who was in the bottom, how many times someone won, etc. 

my mom thought Anetra was gonna win and my bf thought Luxx (:skull:) was gonna win. 

8 hours ago, qurl said:

something i’ve been thinking about that i want to try to summarize as briefly as possible:

i do definitely realize and understand how overall this season can seem and people will perhaps think it seems underwhelming in hindsight because it was so obvious that Sasha was going to win from the very beginning ……..BUT!!!!!!! i think that is predicated on a very “Drag Race” perception-of-drag mindset. sure , part of the appeal of drag race is watching hungry girls go at it for the crown which is why people loved Mistress, Luxx and Anetra as well , but it cannot be understated what an icon Sasha already was prior to coming onto drag race. someone like me, i didn’t appreciate it at the time what having someone like Alyssa, or Detox, or Roxxxy, or Alaska on season 5 was …. or someone like Bianca on season 6

these are drag queens that other drag queens know and look to for inspo. even a lot of fans knew of Sasha, perhaps bc of Kerri or Sasha Velour or they just did their homework / know their $h!t but … anyway i’m just rambling

im really happy for Sasha and i’m really happy that in 2023 they honored someone who has been doing drag for a while , came up the old school way, paid her dues, and really put in the f*cking effort to get where she got ! /essay

and also is really amazing to see a LEGEND compete and absolutely crush it. i remember how the girls were gagged when queens like mayhem and nina west walked and of course they are really talented but sometimes even really talented/known/well rounded queens are not good at drag race. so it was nice to see sasha crush it, and it's not like we didn't have other queens shinning, winning and having their moment too. overall this was a pretty good season.

edit: confused nina west with nina flowers :rip: 

Edited by Venice B

4 hours ago, Love Again said:

100% agree. I don't think her comedy really shines in situations like that - it just felt tired and boring.

Really hoping they bring Monet back or get someone else who has charisma, but is also lighthearted and fun.

Someone like Peppermint or ... idk, just bring back Monet - she's the best for it.

1 hour ago, Jaded. said:

Symone should host the next pitstop, I feel like she'd be an incredible host.

LMAO, yes, but only for proving she has no charisma/wit so this thread could finally stop hyping her ass up :bibliahh:

Are people really coming for Sasha in the lip sync??  She bodied that 😭 I think Anetra is a great performer but she probably would’ve been better off losing at final 4 to not have her ending be that

4 minutes ago, MonsterJohn said:

LMAO, yes, but only for proving she has no charisma/wit so this thread could finally stop hyping her ass up :bibliahh:

There's really onlyone person in this thread who cares for Symone, let's be real :rip:

39 minutes ago, N.M.K. said:

Are people really coming for Sasha in the lip sync??  She bodied that 😭 I think Anetra is a great performer but she probably would’ve been better off losing at final 4 to not have her ending be that

The problem with the lipsync was literally anetra taking up screen time :dies: 

The funny thing about the finale lip sync is that Anetra improved her facial expression, since she's playing along with the song, smiling and all, and Sasha is just brick face and not lip syncing for 1/3 of the track, by the end of it. Kerri trying to justify that saying she was lip syncing the main vocals.... No ma'am, she wasn't lip syncing at all. :deadbanana4:

None of the reveals made sense with the song, and the song actually is a very high energy one.

That was not the Anetra vs Sasha we were promised. 

4 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

I watched the live and don't know what "gross" stuff you're talking about :rip: I don't think it was kind when NBB kept trying to point out that some of Sasha's wins weren't deserved, but 95% of this thread said the same thing as they were being awarded. I didn't hear anything transphobic.

People ESPECIALLY white twinks love calling NBB transphobic. Like how tf does her not agreeing with her wins make her phobic? :toofunny3: Bunch of dummies i swear

And yes the final lipsync was boring af

59 minutes ago, HotFriedChicken said:

There's really onlyone person in this thread who cares for Symone, let's be real :rip:

let's keeping it that way

Jaida is actually the one deserving the praises and opportunities that Symone got :clap3:

About the final lipsync, I guess Marcia won for snatching the best lipsync this season :rip:

Saw Sasha luxx and MIB last night and they are just so good :jonnycat:

really should be on separate seasons cause this really was just a Sasha meet and greet this season 

12 hours ago, Lightbringer007 said:

well-

Legislatures passing anti-trans laws around the country but she keeps on trashing people from the community instead  :rip:

1 hour ago, ♚ PRiNCE HiGH ♚ said:

And yes the final lipsync was boring af

Because it was more like a striptease than a lipsync.

But congrats to the surgeon, I guess.

• ATRL Moderator

Y’all, Leiomy is allowed to retweet a video she was tagged in to slightly shade Anetra’s failed 360. It’s not that serious, lets not compare it to trans legislation in the US :skull: 

1 minute ago, khalyan said:

Y’all, Leiomy is allowed to retweet a video she was tagged in to slightly shade Anetra’s failed 360. It’s not that serious, lets not compare it to trans legislation in the US :skull: 

wo7c9ouwdzfz.jpg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.