RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Make Your Own Kind of Rusic (f/ legendary lipsync)

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

• ATRL Moderator

This finale format is GREAT for the most part.  I would rather the finalists just have free will to do their own performance/talent number that's not some cheesy Leland piece.  Just pay the licensing fees at this point, we all know Drag Race makes enough money!

Also, it's about time this becomes a live show. Some things can be filmed in advance, but I don't see a reason why they can't do the talent shows and final lipsync live.

• Replies 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

My Final thoughts on the finale:

Duh :laugh: The Top 2 were correct. There was no other way. It was written before it happened. But, how we got there...

Anetra had a very heartwarming Q&A. Loved both looks, too. The performance didn't speak to her strengths tho. She knew the words tho & looked good.

Luxx wasn't good. The Q&A was very 'meh'. Both looks were ok. The performance wasn't good. She didn't know the words. The reveal was tired. She wasn't prepared. RIP

Mistress Q&A was AMAZING (thank you, Chavelle) & her first look was amazing. Definitely old school drag. The 2nd look was ok. The reveal was meh. The performance had good parts (the splits) but she didn't know the words & she can't dance. Only walk around.

Sasha's Q&A was good, pretty tame. The look was amazing. She had the best performance, easily.

Best Q&A: Mistress

Best Number: Sasha

Sasha was easily in the Top 2 & the other could've been either Mistress or Anetra. Ru was salivating at a Part 2 lipsync for Anetra Vs. Sasha tho.

That final lipsync tho... was TERRIBLE. Aint nobody rewatching that lipsync like they are the first time they lipsynced against each other lol It was a mess. Really. Sasha basically just stripped & was like 'lemme roll around the ground on my clothes'. Anetra was like 'lemme swing around string'. I was very UNentertained.

So with the final lipsync being a complete wash of "who did the least worse", I agree with Sasha since she did so well for the first number. :clap3:

I think her acceptance speech was beautiful & it was good timing to make it (as with the current political climate).

Overall, the finale was ok. I don't think I'll be rewatching anything from it tho :coffee2:

Edited by DivaDown

29 minutes ago, khalyan said:

Also, it's about time this becomes a live show.

YES! THIS 100%! :clap3:

Can we talk about how horrible Ru looked? That dress was hideous. Does she just not care anymore? Like the fact that Jinx looked 100x better than her :rip:

I didn't read the credits, was Zaldy responsible for Ru's dress as usual? It was very off from the usual slay for the finale.

19 minutes ago, KaledKalil said:

I didn't read the credits, was Zaldy responsible for Ru's dress as usual? It was very off from the usual slay for the finale.

mwdeQl5.png

:chick2:

I guess even Zaldy have his off days. :rip:

Edited by KaledKalil

• ATRL Moderator
3 hours ago, GotMyBlueprint said:

Good to see some taste, Danny Beard carried UKS4 so hard, an absolute legend, Viv wishes :jonny5:

What a horrid take :deadbanana2: Danny was competing against the weakest cast in DRUK herstory and still didn't even slay the competition really. He's nowhere NEAR Viv's level.

2 hours ago, Hurem said:

How is she so dense? :rip: my god

She spilled. Both belong to majoritarian, inherently homophobic organizations and there's no need to highlight them on the show, especially at this specific moment in time. Queer liberation grew out of police harassment and police continue to harass queer people to this day (and enforce homophobic laws).

Some of y'all must be boring at drag shows lol. Sasha cleareddddd that final lipsync.

Geez MIB and Luxx were a mess for giving transphobic NBB a platform tonight on their live. Like some of the things said about Sasha were gross :biblio: 

MIB and Luxx, do better! 

51 minutes ago, publikcitizen said:

Geez MIB and Luxx were a mess for giving transphobic NBB a platform tonight on their live. Like some of the things said about Sasha were gross :biblio: 

MIB and Luxx, do better! 

Woah what??? What happened

something i’ve been thinking about that i want to try to summarize as briefly as possible:

i do definitely realize and understand how overall this season can seem and people will perhaps think it seems underwhelming in hindsight because it was so obvious that Sasha was going to win from the very beginning ……..BUT!!!!!!! i think that is predicated on a very “Drag Race” perception-of-drag mindset. sure , part of the appeal of drag race is watching hungry girls go at it for the crown which is why people loved Mistress, Luxx and Anetra as well , but it cannot be understated what an icon Sasha already was prior to coming onto drag race. someone like me, i didn’t appreciate it at the time what having someone like Alyssa, or Detox, or Roxxxy, or Alaska on season 5 was …. or someone like Bianca on season 6

these are drag queens that other drag queens know and look to for inspo. even a lot of fans knew of Sasha, perhaps bc of Kerri or Sasha Velour or they just did their homework / know their $h!t but … anyway i’m just rambling

im really happy for Sasha and i’m really happy that in 2023 they honored someone who has been doing drag for a while , came up the old school way, paid her dues, and really put in the f*cking effort to get where she got ! /essay

9 hours ago, satellites.™ said:

Girl please, sis DID NOT know the words, end of story.

Kerry wouldnt know as she sucks lipping too.

What words?!? The latter half of the song is so repetitive and the main singer was only hitting those high notes. It's not bloody "Fancy" and these stale attempts to discredit Sasha (and Anetra) just scream as bitter from you.

1 hour ago, publikcitizen said:

MIB and Luxx, do better! 

Nina isn't transphobic or a threat, there are actual transphobes out there wanting LGBT people dead, you should really worry about those. 

Her and Jorgeous are probably gonna be on AS with Sugar or Spice, the young season is incoming I fear.

6 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

What a horrid take :deadbanana2: Danny was competing against the weakest cast in DRUK herstory and still didn't even slay the competition really. He's nowhere NEAR Viv's level.

You didn't lie about the rest of the cast, but you know damn well she Pearl-Harbor'd the rest of that cast, Cheeze-Dick won what, the acting challenge, that everybody knows was Denny's, and the snatch game laugh edits on his cringe and overused, surface level jokes were suspicious AF.

Not a single win on the level of Danny's Roosical victory, :sorry:

8 hours ago, khalyan said:

Danny Beard is TRASH and should have lost.

Heresy and homophobic, especially considering how awful everybody else on that cast was, YES including joke-non-lander, snatch-game-win-stealer Cheeze-It and one-note-can-she-do-anything-else-Flopkota

Y'all only liked Stankota because she was charming, pretty and charismatic, I'll give her that, but her drag was boring, predictable and pedestrian, and not above Jombozo or Pooxie like y'all pretend.

C93qLYGXUAE3Cov.thumb.jpg.902168c702222d

1 hour ago, satellites.™ said:

Her and Jorgeous are probably gonna be on AS with Sugar or Spice, the young season is incoming I fear.

They should throw in CHRISTal VersJESUS ala BeBe to embarass Booger and Speiße some more.

3 hours ago, slimfem said:

Nina isn't transphobic or a threat, there are actual transphobes out there wanting LGBT people dead, you should really worry about those. 

Nina is a hateful person who regularly says some really whack and vile ****. She should be held accountable regardless of whether or not she's "wanting people dead" or not. FOH.

8 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

She spilled. Both belong to majoritarian, inherently homophobic organizations and there's no need to highlight them on the show, especially at this specific moment in time. Queer liberation grew out of police harassment and police continue to harass queer people to this day (and enforce homophobic laws).

She spilled nothing. Yes, both organizations are homophobic, except the point wasn’t to promote those organizations, but to give voice to individuals in those communities who are on the right side of the history. We gotta work on building bridges and not making everyone our enemies - especially today.

And the whole segment was obviously aimed  at allies and we know how big the straight audience has gotten. They don’t have to convince us that banning drag is wrong.

I love Bianca but now that Pit Stop is over I can finally say that I didn't like her as a host at all. She is very stale and doesn't engage as much with her guests as Bob, Monét and Trixie were able to do. I really hope Jaida gets the gig for AS8/S16.

2 minutes ago, Love Again said:

I love Bianca but now that Pit Stop is over I can finally say that I didn't like her as a host at all. She is very stale and doesn't engage as much with her guests as Bob, Monét and Trixie were able to do. I really hope Jaida gets the gig for AS8/S16.

Jaida's ditzy ass would be a HORRIBLE host :deadbanana2:

I really thought Sasha was destined for superstardom but not her being tossed into Werq The World IMMEDIATELY. :skull: she must be contractually obligated because she is so above that mess

5 hours ago, Lightbringer007 said:

well-

God stop harassing POC drag queen it reeks of bully and jealousy :rip: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.