RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Rosemarie’s Baby Shower: The Rusical

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

I really enjoyed this finale, which is not something I can say for the majority of them!

Solo performances ranking for me is: Sasha > Mistress > Luxx > Anetra. The songs were so bad though, Luxx's in particular was very reminiscent of Naomi's Legs. Sasha and Mistress clearly did the best, there was a huge divide between theirs and Luxx and Anetra's, so much so that I was gagged when Anetra moved to the final lip sync instead of Mistress (or even Luxx to be honest) but it was expected both because of fan vote and because they wanted a Sasha vs Anetra pt. 2. Poor Mistress and Luxx really couldn't hide their feelings, they were so sad/mad and understandably so. Sasha demolished the final lip sync though, my eyes were glued to her (but in all fairness she was selling it with her body because most of the times she wasn't even lip syncing). It was so good to see her crowned basically naked while saying that really powerful message. Probably the most impactful winner in the history of the franchise.

Ru looked a mess, it's almost like she doesn't even care about looking sickening during the finale anymore because she's worn way better stuff during this season alone. Even weirder when you think she planned a tribute to Mackie, like... The tribute was lovely though, he deserved it! Also loved the montage about drag and the Rusical moments, very much needed at this moment in time (kii at Sugar not even bothered to lip sync though). Great choice to bring out Jinkx too, not only because she won and is super talented, but what a statement it was to show how big a queer individual can make it with hard work and dedication.

Willow looked amazing and so did Kornbread. I hope the former is doing fine, her speech about having a rough year made me sad considering it should've been her moment to shine. Kornbread's song kinda stole the spotlight though, but it was a nice and well thought moment. Not sure how I feel about Malaysia winning Miss Congeniality (simply because it didn't look like she was particularly congenial from what we've seen), but I'm happy for her!

Overall a great season, what a journey it has been! :heart2:

• Replies 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

Feel like Anetra held back a lot :michael:

But Sasha deserves :clap3:

1 hour ago, Delusional said:

What You Waiting For? by Gwen or Teenage Dream by KP :coffee:

:bibliahh:

Those solo numbers were all kinda flop, I'm never a fan of them. Let them do real songs/drag mixes, and not those "original" productions. 

Glad Anetra and Sasha were the final two, they were the best during the season and they deserved to go to the final. The final lip sync wasn't as gaggy as their first lip sync, but still a nice track and lip sync. Much better than the final for the past two years, but not better than Edge of Glory S11.

It was clear from the get go that Sasha was going to win, almost as obvious as Bob's run. But what a great winner. :WAP:

Edited by KaledKalil

One thing that I miss from the older finales was the pre-show content they would upload on YT. It really created hype for the finale, and it was a celebration of the franchise. Now it just feels like another episode, a bit.

Sasha's solo made all the others before her seem like child play, she just makes it all look so effortless. My eyes were on her the entire time during the final lipsync as well, no one was more deserving. Love when I can correctly predict the winner from early on in the season (although this time it was pretty easy to predict :fan::fan:)

Also happy mib DIDN'T win, poor her delusional stans

Spoiler

Giggling Mistress Isabelle Brooks GIF - Giggling Mistress Isabelle Brooks Rupauls Drag Race GIFs

GODDESS > Delusion > Lotus > It's Giving Fashion

As Bob said on Sibling Watchery, the finale is literally a mini pageant so there was no way, other than rigging, for any of the other girls to feasibly outdo Sasha, so they were pretty much all competing for second place (as was the case for the season tbh).

Anetra could've crunchily done every ballroom move on the planet and that still wouldn't have been enough, and her delusional and transphobic fans need to deal with it :giraffe:  

3 hours ago, thedeathbymusic said:

Can anyone suggest your pick for a different Anetra vs. Sasha final lipsync song? Genuinely curious what ya'll think would be a good song choice and why

When I grow up by PCD should’ve been the lip sync song! 

SASHAAAAA :alexz: Such a legend and the best possible winner!

The finale was cute! The looks were cute and the solo performances were a bit disappointing, but still pretty decent. I would rank them:

Sasha > Luxx >>> Mistress > Anetra

Glad Malaysia won MC :heart2: As for the final two... not surprised, but I would've picked Sasha and Luxx.

Sasha STOMPED in that final lipsync and truly solidified her win! So deserving, so happy, so proud! What a great end to an amazing season :heart2: 

Looking forward to AS8 now! 

Y’all think Knock on Wood is a bad lipsync song…? Sigh 

SO HAPPY FOR SASHA!!!

5 hours ago, GotMyBlueprint said:

Ain't the mannequin on the far left the same one that came for other actual drag queens' originality, uniqueness, point of views, etc?

:bibliahh:

The FRAUDacity

Its not her fault you dont have the brain to get the reference.

She's making a WHOLE STATEMENT without even speaking, let's use some CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS boo.

Edited by satellites.™

The fact that Anetra gave the worst performance of the night but still made top 2…. 

3 hours ago, thedeathbymusic said:

Can anyone suggest your pick for a different Anetra vs. Sasha final lipsync song? Genuinely curious what ya'll think would be a good song choice and why

Lose My Breathe by Destiny's Child, these are movers and shakers, but we need to see mouths.

They could've ATE.

I kinda hate this format with the solo originals . 

Sasha's original though was the best BY FAR . 

The other three were horrible 

As for the final lipsync.. idk if Anetra was holding back but Sasha destroyed her . And it looked so effortless.  I was almost hypnotized 

Sasha is the best winner we had the last few years tbh . Her star quality is massive 

• ATRL Moderator

clearly the correct winner :clap3: one of our strongest top fours ever though and all would probably have frontrun a weaker season. we should expect the live reaction later today, right?

Goddess was too good 

the way she ate that :deadbanana2:

seeing her and Luxx tonight and I may get meet and greets 

2 hours ago, dumbsparce said:

What happens when one (or more) of the finalists is a certified flop lipsyncer though? This format works when half of the finalists are showstopping showgirls and the other 2 are good too but what happens when you have 4 Biancas up there?? I guess riggory during the season would not allow that to happen but still.

Congrats to Sasha! She went from being America's drag superstar to America's next drag superstar :clap3:

Yea this is the best format

the problem though is is kind of arbitrary judging wise 

8 hours ago, satellites.™ said:

Yeah, the SAD PART is they're scared to let the girls actually go VERSUS in a lip sync because they can't be sure MIB or Luxx couldn't snatch the win.

The solo performances allow production and Ru to choose a final 2, same as with Willow and Angie.

Season 9 finale shook them to the core and then when Eureka embarrassed Aquaria and had the audience cheering her name to win it was also apparent.

Nah Sasha is good enough to survive a edit 

this is not a jinx and monet situation lol

Honestly I love both Anetra and Sasha, either of them winning was gonna make sense for me. What DOESN'T make sense for me, however, is the lipsync song choices all season long. What the **** are these songs? especially the finale lipsync one. It doesn't even complement their lipsyncing styles.

4 hours ago, HotFriedChicken said:

Anetra's whole run was clearly an experiment from the producers to see if they could engineer a fan favourite winner. And the scary thing is it very nearly worked :skull:

Oh please, let's not act as if they haven't tried to engineer a fan favourite winner since S10. Silky S11 and Shitty Pie's whole runs screamed manufactured and forced. While Anetra's star quality literally jumped out since ep 1 talent show. 

I was at a gay bar and no one reacted to anyone but sasha the entire time :deadbanana2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.