RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Rosemarie’s Baby Shower: The Rusical

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

• Replies 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, HeavyMetalAura said:

Yeah I’m sorry but we’re just gonna have to agree to disagree. If someone is against the idea that male impersonators who are women can’t compete on the level of female impersonators who are men (and your logic ignores the trans women who are competing as their own gender) - and by perform I mean produce looks, compete in challenges, and lip syncs, then yes, that’s misogyny (not accounting for the trans men drag kings). But I think the majority of people against drag kings on drag race would just rather see the glamour, opulence, and bitchy cattitude of female impersonator as a means of personal preference. To call that misogyny is a slap in the face to every woman who’s ever actually experienced it. 

As far as the show already featuring drag kings and not ruining the format… you know that’s not a valid argument because that happened for a challenge, a runway, etc. but the show is still about drag queens. 

And as far as “looking inward” about why I don’t want shows like Drag Race to do it when shows like Dragula do… I don’t watch Dragula. Because I love the art of female impersonation and exaggeration. Irrelevant. No looking inward needed. 

And as far as rewinding time 10 years for people making the argument about trans women…. Not relevant to me, as I don’t think that way so long as the trans women are competing as drag queens. 

Those two points seem anchored in the assumptions that the average drag race viewer watches Dragula for the same reason they watch Drag Race, and that they are transphobic. 

I mean I respect that you’re (trying to) stand up for women as I’m a firm believer that we should call out misogyny every time we see it, but I also believe we need to use words like misogyny wisely as they are loaded and serious. I see no misogyny with the general opinion that drag king contestants would dampen the fun of a show about female impersonation/exaggeration. If you do, I respect that, but I’m not convinced. 

I ain’t reading all this past the first part but that’s fine, just know that one argument will age well and one won’t. 

Kind of a boring preview but I have a feeling the reunion itself will serve :fan:

6 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

I ain’t reading all this past the first part but that’s fine, just know that one argument will age well and one won’t. 

:rip: yet you didn’t read it. Good luck with that well-aged argument you speak of. 

The preview gave nothing but it was a literal preview of the first few minutes instead of a trailer so I still have hope that drama will be served. Loosey better not get into her head and not be delusional.

I’m glad they’re bringing more awareness to the drag bans. I hope they delve into further during the finale to mobilize even more people to action. 

Sasha looks cheap, sorry. Those contact eyes are terrible :rip:

1 minute ago, Almodusa said:

When was this filmed?

Last wk I think 

2 minutes ago, Almodusa said:

When was this filmed?

Since S9 they've stuck to filming the reunion after the finale I think

8 minutes ago, Almodusa said:

When was this filmed?

last sunday after the finale

Edited by CBC

viral with 2 tik toks :bibliahh:

spice explaining why it went viral :bibliahh:

her getting clocked for her stiff performance :bibliahh:

yeah the producers shot themselves in the foot by booting Sugar off early 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.