RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Rosemarie’s Baby Shower: The Rusical

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

• Replies 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, Cottonmouth said:

:lmao:

tf? that was NOTHING.

I just know MIB will eat this reunion up. Icon behavior.

2 hours ago, theoghon said:

Am I the only one who was impressed by Eliott with 2Ts' runways package on s13, I low-key feel she'd be in the Fashion queen conversation if she was more liked/less awkward :heart: 

But s13 was truly one of if not the best runway season whew

Vilerat Crotcheti said she liked her “hodgepodge” looks or something on the S13 ball Pitstop which validated my distaste for her apparent fashion expertise.

So you’re not alone in that sense!

you can just tell that the season would’ve been much better if Poppy and Irene had stuck around 

"I'm quitting drag, you're welcome" 

:bibliahh: what a slap in the face to all the queens trying to get on this show.

Irene ate tho  :jonnycat: bring her back for S16

Aura and Jax look GOOD as ****. :ghostface:

Marcia, Saline, Robin, and Mistress also looks AMAZING :ghostface:

Yall see those seating placements? Hopefully this was recorded after the finale so that some girls are a little extra spicy.

Salina *****, i GAGGED.

to-wong-foo.jpg?id=32778705&width=980

Peronka is struggling mentally is a sentence that I will absolutely HOWL at, no matter when or where it pops up in my head.

2 hours ago, Relampago. said:

My post calling out misogyny is not because people don’t want to see drag kings, but rather that drag kings would ruin the show or cause too much “chaos”, then trying to deflect that argument by saying “it’d just be too much work!!!”, cause they would not harm the show and it would not cause “chaos” :rip: That is a misogynist argument.

As I already stated in my post, if you don’t want to see drag kings, then that’s your prerogative. But some of y’all read “misogyny” and don’t even bother to figure out what the person is trying to say (within the same post nonetheless) which is close minded in and of itself :skull: It’s giving a hit dog hollering.

But really, kings like Landon Cider have some of the best drag I’ve ever seen, and Drag Race would only benefit from having kings of that level of talent.

I did read your post and I did grasp what you’re saying, but I don’t connect misogyny with thinking that drag kings would ruin the show (again, I find the art of female impersonation to be inspiring and appreciate the female-woven fabric of the show) and it’s very clear given the current format of the show that changes would need to be made to accommodate (in ways that weren’t needed to accommodate trans queens, or a straight queen. For example, even that sentence wouldn’t read “queens” anymore.) Some of these changes may not seem major but do affect the very identity of the show. One would not be exaggerating to say it would be a “chaotic” series of changes relative to what audiences are familiar with/enjoy about the show. Where is the misogyny? 

Some of y’all read someone argue against a claim of misogyny and just assume that person doesn’t know what they’re talking about :skull: if you think drag kings would be a good addition to the show, that’s great! Hopefully for you they’ll be added one day. But to say it’s misogynistic to say they’d ruin the show or cause chaos to the format is… a choice. 

If you come for me I will apologize immediately

:bibliahh: ok Miss Marcia I’ll give you that 

5 minutes ago, HeavyMetalAura said:

I did read your post and I did grasp what you’re saying, but I don’t connect misogyny with thinking that drag kings would ruin the show (again, I find the art of female impersonation to be inspiring and appreciate the female-woven fabric of the show) and it’s very clear given the current format of the show that changes would need to be made to accommodate (in ways that weren’t needed to accommodate trans queens, or a straight queen. For example, even that sentence wouldn’t read “queens” anymore.) Some of these changes may not seem major but do affect the very identity of the show. One would not be exaggerating to say it would be a “chaotic” series of changes relative to what audiences are familiar with/enjoy about the show. Where is the misogyny? 

Some of y’all read someone argue against a claim of misogyny and just assume that person doesn’t know what they’re talking about :skull: if you think drag kings would be a good addition to the show, that’s great! Hopefully for you they’ll be added one day. But to say it’s misogynistic to say they’d ruin the show or cause chaos to the format is… a choice. 

There has already been drag king presentation on the show and it did not harm the show at all and it produced some of the most memorable moments on the show (Camden’s falling reveal, Naomi’s AS4 makeover, Victoria’s Flavio runway, etc). It has been done. It has been proven it will not cause “chaos” and shows with lower production value and far less resources and accolades have made it work (House of Drag, Dragula, etc) there is NO excuse why drag race couldn’t make it work if they wanted to. 

If it would ruin the show for YOU, then that’s your own close minded opinion. But the assertion that drag kings cannot compete on the same level as drag queens and thus would ruin the show is absolutely touting the line of misogyny (as people have already written off drag kings entirely in this thread multiple times— absolutely engaging in misogynistic conversation). The whole separate but equal argument going on is rather annoying, because as we can see, they are NOT held in the same regard by the gays in this thread. 

If drag kings somehow “ruined” the show, it would be because of an inept production staff over at WOW/Viacom. Not because drag king as an art form is inherently inferior to drag queens, nor that drag kings cannot compete on the level of a drag queen, no matter how many misogynistic gays think that’s the case.

The plain truth is that I’m sure if we rewound 10 years, many of you would be making similar arguments for trans people being on the show. If Drag Race were to include drag kings, which like people have said will likely happen as a “shock” casting in the future, then it will do a lot of people in this thread and at large to give another valid, and just as valuable form of art a platform on the biggest drag platform in the world. If you have a problem with that and the amount of pros there are to having a drag king on the show; then look inwards and ask yourself why you think Drag Race cannot keep up with shows like Dragula.

No one is saying that WOW *HAS* to do anything. But the assertion that it would be a *problem* is an inherently misogynistic attitude. Period point blank.

Mess at poppy 

low key iconic:rip: 

5 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

There has already been drag king presentation on the show and it did not harm the show at all and it produced some of the most memorable moments on the show (Camden’s falling reveal, Naomi’s AS4 makeover, Victoria’s Flavio runway, etc). It has been done. It has been proven it will not cause “chaos” and shows with lower production value and far less resources and accolades have made it work (House of Drag, Dragula, etc) there is NO excuse why drag race couldn’t make it work if they wanted to. 

If it would ruin the show for YOU, then that’s your own close minded opinion. But the assertion that drag kings cannot compete on the same level as drag queens and thus would ruin the show is absolutely touting the line of misogyny (as people have already written off drag kings entirely in this thread multiple times— absolutely engaging in misogynistic conversation). The whole separate but equal argument going on is rather annoying, because as we can see, they are NOT held in the same regard by the gays in this thread. 

If drag kings somehow “ruined” the show, it would be because of an inept production staff over at WOW/Viacom. Not because drag king as an art form is inherently inferior to drag queens, nor that drag kings cannot compete on the level of a drag queen, no matter how many misogynistic gays think that’s the case.

The plain truth is that I’m sure if we rewound 10 years, many of you would be making similar arguments for trans people being on the show. If Drag Race were to include drag kings, which like people have said will likely happen as a “shock” casting in the future, then it will do a lot of people in this thread and at large to give another valid, and just as valuable form of art a platform on the biggest drag platform in the world. If you have a problem with that and the amount of pros there are to having a drag king on the show; then look inwards and ask yourself why you think Drag Race cannot keep up with shows like Dragula.

No one is saying that WOW *HAS* to do anything. But the assertion that it would be a *problem* is an inherently misogynistic attitude. Period point blank.

Yeah I’m sorry but we’re just gonna have to agree to disagree. If someone is against the idea that male impersonators who are women can’t compete on the level of female impersonators who are men (and your logic ignores the trans women who are competing as their own gender) - and by perform I mean produce looks, compete in challenges, and lip syncs, then yes, that’s misogyny (not accounting for the trans men drag kings). But I think the majority of people against drag kings on drag race would just rather see the glamour, opulence, and bitchy cattitude of female impersonator as a means of personal preference. To call that misogyny is a slap in the face to every woman who’s ever actually experienced it. 

As far as the show already featuring drag kings and not ruining the format… you know that’s not a valid argument because that happened for a challenge, a runway, etc. but the show is still about drag queens. 

And as far as “looking inward” about why I don’t want shows like Drag Race to do it when shows like Dragula do… I don’t watch Dragula. Because I love the art of female impersonation and exaggeration. Irrelevant. No looking inward needed. 

And as far as rewinding time 10 years for people making the argument about trans women…. Not relevant to me, as I don’t think that way so long as the trans women are competing as drag queens. 

Those two points seem anchored in the assumptions that the average drag race viewer watches Dragula for the same reason they watch Drag Race, and that they are transphobic. 

I mean I respect that you’re (trying to) stand up for women as I’m a firm believer that we should call out misogyny every time we see it, but I also believe we need to use words like misogyny wisely as they are loaded and serious. I see no misogyny with the general opinion that drag king contestants would dampen the fun of a show about female impersonation/exaggeration. If you do, I respect that, but I’m not convinced. 

Marcia lmao she's so fun I wonder why so many people from DR don't care for her :rip:

Poppy highly camp

Irene doing the most for a 1st out in the preview, ***** you were not even there 99% of the time. Her one line intro is as funny as her talent show :rip:

She‘s EATING All Stars in 2 years

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.