RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Rosemarie’s Baby Shower: The Rusical

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

• ATRL Moderator
13 minutes ago, MAKSIM said:

ANTM having both men/women in its competition format convinced me that drag race should be just drag queens. Happy to watch and support a separate drag kings show. 

The only reason why ANTM flopped with men/woman was because they spent so much time with the showmances instead of just staying with the modeling.  This wouldn’t happen on Drag Race.  

And they still found a few guys who ended up full time models/celebs, like Nyle and Don. 

• Replies 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

ANTM flopped before that, I was an obsessed fan until that stupid ass season where college fans voted and sent the literal frontrunner home in like Ep 1 or 2.

I was DONE DONE.

Imagine Symone being sent home immediately by Tamisha Iman and actually caring to finish the season?

Yeah ANTM showed that you should really not tweak the format that has worked for so many years… no fan votes, no drag kings 

They will without a doubt cast a king in the next 5 years lol, I would put money on it. Like someone else said, it’ll be a gag casting in an upcoming season and then I could see maybe one per season after that or more frequently anyway. 

have the girls against kings seen Dragula? They had a king and the formula of the show was completely unchanged from what I can remember (this was what? 3 years ago?) y’all better get into it :sistrens:

Wasn’t it tea some time ago that WoW was stopping international franchises from casting drag kings because they want the US to have the first drag king cast to get clout/publicity?

I think it’s fair to assume they will do it at some point just to get media buzz out of it

The way there's absolutely no info about the reunion today :deadbanana:

1 hour ago, satellites.™ said:

ANTM flopped before that, I was an obsessed fan until that stupid ass season where college fans voted and sent the literal frontrunner home in like Ep 1 or 2.

I was DONE DONE.

Imagine Symone being sent home immediately by Tamisha Iman and actually caring to finish the season?

Same. I was such a big fan but they really jumped the shark with that season :rip:

Throwback to the best Rusical the show's had. You know, one where queens actually had to sing live and did it amazingly (except a couple duds).

31 minutes ago, HotFriedChicken said:

I forgot the reunion was airing today. :skull: hopefully Aura shows her *******

jesus.

15 minutes ago, Hephaestus said:

Throwback to the best Rusical the show's had. You know, one where queens actually had to sing live and did it amazingly (except a couple duds).

PERIOD.

Am I the only one who was impressed by Eliott with 2Ts' runways package on s13, I low-key feel she'd be in the Fashion queen conversation if she was more liked/less awkward :heart: 

But s13 was truly one of if not the best runway season whew

6 hours ago, HeavyMetalAura said:

I personally am not interested in drag kings being on drag race only because I find the art of female impersonation/exaggeration to be exciting and inspiring, and enjoy that aspect of the show being a celebration of the female form (from the actual drag itself down to the references that help make the fabric of the show, like “snatch” game, the charisma uniqueness acronym, etc) 

And while I’ve never chimed in on the “drag kings on drag race” debate before, I feel I need to now because of the accusation that this opinion is somehow misogynistic :rip: if we’re going to play the woke card, I could say it’s transphobic to even suggest that, as drag doesn’t always involve gender impersonation. Sasha Colby is a woman and a drag queen and very well may win the competition next week. Let’s not act like preferring RPDR stick to drag queens is inherently because I as a queer man don’t want to share aspects of queer culture with women. 

Sometimes people just like what they like and it ain’t that deep. 

My post calling out misogyny is not because people don’t want to see drag kings, but rather that drag kings would ruin the show or cause too much “chaos”, then trying to deflect that argument by saying “it’d just be too much work!!!”, cause they would not harm the show and it would not cause “chaos” :rip: That is a misogynist argument.

As I already stated in my post, if you don’t want to see drag kings, then that’s your prerogative. But some of y’all read “misogyny” and don’t even bother to figure out what the person is trying to say (within the same post nonetheless) which is close minded in and of itself :skull: It’s giving a hit dog hollering.

But really, kings like Landon Cider have some of the best drag I’ve ever seen, and Drag Race would only benefit from having kings of that level of talent.

48 minutes ago, theoghon said:

Am I the only one who was impressed by Eliott with 2Ts' runways package on s13, I low-key feel she'd be in the Fashion queen conversation if she was more liked/less awkward :heart: 

Yes you are

3 hours ago, Daylight said:

Wasn’t it tea some time ago that WoW was stopping international franchises from casting drag kings because they want the US to have the first drag king cast to get clout/publicity?

I think it’s fair to assume they will do it at some point just to get media buzz out of it

iirc they also didn't want international franchises getting a trans winner before the US :celestial5:

2 hours ago, Hephaestus said:

gosh tkb's mug used to be immaculate :jonny5:

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, theoghon said:

there's still time to hide this :heart:

They probably don’t want to bother accommodating both drag kings and queens 

it took like 7 seasons to get just the queens right lol

3 hours ago, mokitsu said:

The way there's absolutely no info about the reunion today :deadbanana:

Monet said on Sibling Watchery it’s spicy. So I assume the girls are gonna come for Loosey again.

48 minutes ago, HotFriedChicken said:

Yes you are

:ahh:

• ATRL Moderator

poppy attempting to recrate rebecca glasscock's entrance look :skull:

some of these clips from the first epidoses

already feel like a lifetime ago :skull: 

Not Sasha Colby reusing her Lipsync LalapaRuza look :deadbanana4:

Marcia’s and Poppy’s taglines cracked me up :ahh:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.