RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Rosemarie’s Baby Shower: The Rusical

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

• Replies 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

And yes, Kylie is by far the worst winner to ever come out of US Drag Race. Zero talent besides lipsyncing

spacer.png

Not sure why y’all gagging over Tyra’s interview. There wasn’t any special tea spilled, just the stuff we already know. WOW did her dirty, but everyone acting as if that’s a brand new information is kinda weird

loosey-smile.gif

Plus, she said some very questionable things too, so I she didn’t get any more empathy for her. The interview was a fail for me.

loosey-smile.gif

Some of y'all need to realize that no one is fully evil or fully good. Yes, it's sad how Tyra was treated and she deserves much better BUT she acted a mess several times. Same for Raven. 

loosey-smile.gif

RuPauls Drag Race was created based on the life and career of RuPaul Charles, who is a dragQUEEN. Dragkings can create their own show. 

loosey-smile.gif

Bob definitely had the best diss track but the Ezra line is kinda the hardest line on both songs.

Though it doesn't really matter when Bob wrote both songs lol

1 hour ago, Whis said:

Some of y'all need to realize that no one is fully evil or fully good. Yes, it's sad how Tyra was treated and she deserves much better BUT she acted a mess several times. Same for Raven. 

loosey-smile.gif

RuPauls Drag Race was created based on the life and career of RuPaul Charles, who is a dragQUEEN. Dragkings can create their own show. 

loosey-smile.gif

I mean this is A take on the show, but please don't state it as fact. Its called Rupauls Drag Race, not Rupauls Drag Queen Race.

• ATRL Moderator

people do way too much on raja's gold look from as7. the bottom was literally unfinished even if the top half was really good

• ATRL Moderator
3 hours ago, bestfiction said:

A bit off topic but has anyone watched Belgique and Svergie? Are they worth watching? :swan:

I watched Belgique and it's.... low priority. Halfway through the season I started watching at 2x speed on the Wow app, and that was helpful. (I'm a fast reader and slowed down to 1x for the challenges/runway.) Rita was not a charismatic host imo and the cast was not unique.

34 minutes ago, Shinning said:

Bob definitely had the best diss track but the Ezra line is kinda the hardest line on both songs.

Though it doesn't really matter when Bob wrote both songs lol

Idk why people are saying this; the Mistress track clearly lacked the lyricism of a Bob diss.

Didn't Michelle also want Manila to win S3? And let's not forget about how she cried after Carmen Carrera's elimination as if she didn't spend her whole time on the show on the BTM3/BTM2.

loosey-smile.gif

No drag kings on Rupauls' drag race pls 

14 hours ago, Big Bad Wolf said:

Nobody wants to see Kings on Drag Race. It is not even fair for the two to compete against each other and be judged for a crown and $200,000 or whatever it is now. They’re two totally different art forms (imo) and Kings just need their own show. Instead of crying about wanting a piece of the pie I wish people would just make their own! Rome wasn’t built in a day. I’d be interested to see what a Kings Race could be - but intertwining them with the queens is a rotten idea and would make the show too chaotic.

But you might get your wish! With the recent castings of bearded queens it may not be a stretch for WoW. :ace:

!!!!!!

I personally am not interested in drag kings being on drag race only because I find the art of female impersonation/exaggeration to be exciting and inspiring, and enjoy that aspect of the show being a celebration of the female form (from the actual drag itself down to the references that help make the fabric of the show, like “snatch” game, the charisma uniqueness acronym, etc) 

And while I’ve never chimed in on the “drag kings on drag race” debate before, I feel I need to now because of the accusation that this opinion is somehow misogynistic :rip: if we’re going to play the woke card, I could say it’s transphobic to even suggest that, as drag doesn’t always involve gender impersonation. Sasha Colby is a woman and a drag queen and very well may win the competition next week. Let’s not act like preferring RPDR stick to drag queens is inherently because I as a queer man don’t want to share aspects of queer culture with women. 

Sometimes people just like what they like and it ain’t that deep. 

4 hours ago, bestfiction said:

A bit off topic but has anyone watched Belgique and Svergie? Are they worth watching? :swan:

belgique is hosted by rita baga, i hope that answers the question :fan:

4 hours ago, Ruschi said:

I've just watched King Tyra's interview and... Wow!

This is a game changing interview. I'm still SHOCKED at the Michelle Visage part, so unprofessional.

What's shocking to me is that Michelle never came forward and apologized for this mess. She's entitled to her opinion and everyone makes mistakes ofc but the repercussions of this were horrendous and still are so she should've apologized and shut down the hate towards tyra 

@ drag kings, drag race is a parody of ANTM and they also got male models eventually so... to add to that, there's already plenty of kings on the show :fan:

28 minutes ago, HeavyMetalAura said:

I personally am not interested in drag kings being on drag race only because I find the art of female impersonation/exaggeration to be exciting and inspiring, and enjoy that aspect of the show being a celebration of the female form (from the actual drag itself down to the references that help make the fabric of the show, like “snatch” game, the charisma uniqueness acronym, etc) 

And while I’ve never chimed in on the “drag kings on drag race” debate before, I feel I need to now because of the accusation that this opinion is somehow misogynistic :rip: if we’re going to play the woke card, I could say it’s transphobic to even suggest that, as drag doesn’t always involve gender impersonation. Sasha Colby is a woman and a drag queen and very well may win the competition next week. Let’s not act like preferring RPDR stick to drag queens is inherently because I as a queer man don’t want to share aspects of queer culture with women. 

Sometimes people just like what they like and it ain’t that deep. 

!!!!

Y'all been talking about drag kings is the limit as if Dragrace is not gonna cast 1 as the stunt cast next season(s). :gaycat1:S14 has a straight one, S15 has twins. Let's face it. If a king is brave and talented enough to audition, they would be in the cards for the producers to consider.

21 minutes ago, Rep2000 said:

Y'all been talking about drag kings is the limit as if Dragrace is not gonna cast 1 as the stunt cast next season(s). :gaycat1:S14 has a straight one, S15 has twins. Let's face it. If a king is brave and talented enough to audition, they would be in the cards for the producers to consider.

of course they would

the way yall act like yall know drag king through and through :toofunny3:

drag king can be fun, campy, flamboyance etc. too *****!

• ATRL Moderator

The drag kings on House of Drag were kind of bad, but I'm open to seeing better ones :mandown:

At this point drag is kind of just drag, it’s an exaggerated and over-the-top persona with lots of flamboyance and color

Whoever fits that description can join the show :michael: However there is a very specific ‘drag race’ culture in terms of humor, references, preferences etc. So not all drag or all personalities for that matter will do well there, however that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t get allowed to try

ANTM having both men/women in its competition format convinced me that drag race should be just drag queens. Happy to watch and support a separate drag kings show. 

25 minutes ago, unino said:

the way yall act like yall know drag king through and through :toofunny3:

Literally this. I bet my left nut that the vast majority of people saying no to drag kings on drag race have never been to a drag king show/know any drag kings. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.