RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Rosemarie’s Baby Shower: The Rusical

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

2 hours ago, dumbsparce said:

I have no problem with drag kings competing on Drag Race. It's the entitlement and the "you HAVE TO have them on the show" that sets me off. Drag Kings are not rejected from the show, it was simply not meant for them in the first place. Not the same case with trans queens not being casted (eventhough this is a semi-lie).

If the creators of the show and the company that invests in it want it to be a certain way then who are people on the internet to tell them otherwise? It's lunacy.

No one is saying that they have to do anything. Just that their inclusion would be welcome (unless you’re engaging in misogyny). and would not cause chaos or ruin the show. :skull: 

But I don’t know how a show that has made changed before and introduced new types of drag queens and drag artists to us, used male drag before and claims only to be a drag race couldn’t easily accommodate one. The people acting like it would ruin the foundation of the show sound like they’re making the same arguments people did for trans people competing on the show. Throwing our arms up in the air and saying “oh it’s just too much!” is silly. It wouldn’t be a big deal and it wouldn’t hurt the show. 

Shows like Dragula have done it just fine, there’s really no reason a show like Drag Race couldn’t do the same.

• Replies 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

As someone who has ZERO interest in drag kings in general… I don’t think they would have to do much to include them in the show lol. Like at all 

• ATRL Moderator

The only closed minded thing Michelle is right about is traditional padding / illusion.  

She seems to not like a lot of young queens, she needs to understand that things do change.  

• ATRL Moderator

I don't see the issue with having drag kings on the show.  There really isn't a huge amount of high caliber drag kings out there (that I'm aware of), but having Landon or Tenderoni would immediately elevate the cast IMO.  It's just like when Victoria was cast on UK and people were upset/confused at how they felt about cis-women competing but she fit in fine and the quality of her drag matched everyone else so there wasn't an issue? 

10 minutes ago, khalyan said:

I don't see the issue with having drag kings on the show.  There really isn't a huge amount of high caliber drag kings out there (that I'm aware of), but having Landon or Tenderoni would immediately elevate the cast IMO.  It's just like when Victoria was cast on UK and people were upset/confused at how they felt about cis-women competing but she fit in fine and the quality of her drag matched everyone else so there wasn't an issue? 

Because of a lot cis queer men don't want to share their spaces with queer women... which is why as another user said, gay men get labelled as misogynistic when its definitely not all of us sharing this belief.

if there’s space for bio queens there should be space for drag kings. period done. 

Having drag kings on the show would ruin it lets be real :rip: there's no way you can judge male and female illusions equally :rip: 

Not to mention, what the hell are they going to do for things like night of 1000 _____? A male version of that celebrity?

Let's use our brains people. I'm all for kings getting a platform to showcase themselves but Drag Race is for QUEENS

Loving these Fraudchelle Pissage lashings, Violet GODchki is never wrong

loosey-smile.gif

Tyra's one of the best winners ever. :clap3:

1 hour ago, khalyan said:

That part. Tenderoni would definitely do well (they already beat established drag queens in Alaska's pageant) and Landon easily beat the girls on Dragula. 

I guess we can debate every single aspect of the show and its format (lip-syncs, finale, eliminations, preferred style of drag), but casting is SOMEHOW off limits :psyduck:

Edited by Life Savers

How is it that Bob has stronger lyricism on a last minute diss track than on the first official single of her last EP/Album ?

Either way i'm impressed, Robert did that.

WNWKFPY.gif

Did Loosey run THE Jasmine Kennedie a check for reviving Let Loose? :sistrens:

Edited by Life Savers

Having drag king on the show is not that hard at all and they would be really refreshing tbh

Edited by unino

All this talk of Drag Kings…. we haven’t even had a bearded queen on the US franchise yet :skull:

Mistress should be highkey embarrassed releasing that with that audio quality 

1 hour ago, Dula Peep said:

All this talk of Drag Kings…. we haven’t even had a bearded queen on the US franchise yet :skull:

Willam would like a word.

Trinity the real winner of AS6

loosey-smile.gif

A bit off topic but has anyone watched Belgique and Svergie? Are they worth watching? :swan:

Kylie is at least better than T****e in all aspects. She’s NOT the worst winner 

loosey-smile.gif

6 minutes ago, bestfiction said:

A bit off topic but has anyone watched Belgique and Svergie? Are they worth watching? :swan:

Yeah, kind of. Sverige is definitely the better one between the two.

Michelle being the reason ‘Raven was robbed’ started is so :deadbanana2: Tyra deserved better

I've just watched King Tyra's interview and... Wow!

This is a game changing interview. I'm still SHOCKED at the Michelle Visage part, so unprofessional.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.