RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Rosemarie’s Baby Shower: The Rusical

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

3 hours ago, khalyan said:

Is Nightgowns a competition show?  I thought it was just the name of her tour where she would perform in front of projectors 

It’s not a competition but it has people other than Sasha doing their numbers (Sasha Colby herself was in the cast). I think it could be adapted into a competition of sorts. Nightgowns also has drag kings which Drag Race continues to reject.

Edited by Life Savers

• Replies 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

If Nightgowns became a competition it would destroy the entire concept of the show since it’s an “all drag is valid and equal” celebration :rip: 

5 minutes ago, Life Savers said:

It’s not a competition but it has people other than Sasha doing their numbers (Sasha Colby herself was in the cast). I think it could be adapted into a competition of sorts. Nightgowns also has drag kings which Drag Race continues to reject.

I don’t think Sasha would ever turn it into a competition show, she recently gave an interview in which she specifically said she created the show to showcase drag without the competition element

She also has been releasing a drag magazine apparently for nearly a decade :skull:

I can tell James has grown a lot from that interview and I definitely understand his thought process and the way he operates better now, but unfortunately there's still a level of delusion and even general lack of respect for some people that will always keep him from flourishing the way he should. I get it's because of all the stuff he's been through and that's completely valid, but until he acknowledges his behaviour is also part of the reason people turned their back to him and understands he'll always be associated to WOW/Drag Race no matter what because he won the show, he'll never fully heal in my opinion. I'm very glad he's in a better space now though!

I didn't really care for Sasha on S9, but the things she's done post show are exactly what I'd expect a winner to do with their platform. I'll definitely keep an eye out for her on a future All Winners season, I know the looks in particular will be extraordinary.

22 hours ago, Unoriginal said:

the crown was sasha's to lose from the cast announcement and she more than proved herself over the course of the season. no payola, four diverse wins (improv/acting, looks, hosting, performance), and plenty of highs in other areas to back up her talent. she deserves the win :michael:

preach :clap3:

4 hours ago, Life Savers said:

No one is entitled to compete on a show not funded by the government and the citizens' bills. If WoW ever decides to be more inclusive with their casting choices that's fine but it is not their responsibility to showcase kings too nor is it fair to criticize them for not wanting to. They're the reason drag has become as lucrative as it is so that's more than enough contribution to the scene.

Haven't found time to watch KING's interview yet but I'm glad the reactions are positive. Tyra's mug still shits on Raven's.

Edited by dumbsparce

Kylie truly worst winner. Glad to see everyone agrees 

loosey-smile.gif

violet was right 

tyra was right 

18 minutes ago, Desire said:

Kylie truly worst winner. Glad to see everyone agrees 

loosey-smile.gif

The fact the top 5 was composed by Ra'Jah, Eureka, Ginger and Trinity and they chose to crown Kylie... Yeah, that was f*cked up.

loosey-smile.gif

Tyra is right not to come back. While I'd love a rudemption for her, she doesn't really have the self awareness or way with words to avoid making herself the villain again and opening a whole new wave of hate. If people are treating Luxx and Mistress how they are... :deadbanana4:

I think the lane she is going down now is best for her. If she came back it'd probably be a Phi Phi double villain tea. I mean even Roxxy came back for a rudemption, was sweet as a button, and still wound up getting re-hated because of Alaska & Detox's actions

Spoiler

+ bad judging at times!

:deadbanana:

why did i just saw this? this's sickening mama

Just finished King Tyra’s interview. Wow did him so dirty. Raven and Michelle are losers! 

Rewatching AS7 for the first time.

Why was Jaida so cringe? I loved her on season 12 but in AS7 she suddenly has this forced qUiRkY personality? 

7 minutes ago, Whis said:

Rewatching AS7 for the first time.

Why was Jaida so cringe? I loved her on season 12 but in AS7 she suddenly has this forced qUiRkY personality? 

Pretty much every queen on that season was much more lax than they were on other seasons, I think without the super competitive aspect of the competition they were allowed to be themselves.

I don’t think it’s forced at all, and her more stoic/mother persona in S12 was more forced.

This really hard to watch still :rip: 

Sasha lowkey has one of my favorite runway packages. Everything except the Ball look she made has been great. In the latest episode especially her three looks were stellar

loosey-smile.gif

On 4/5/2023 at 8:49 AM, Lexiel said:

Humble mother.

Bob bald ugly crusty crunchy bitter ass saying he needs a mill just to go back. ***** bye.

Bob has a lot of things going on probably making him more money than whatever he would make from that show so I don't blame him. He's not being bitter, he's being realistic. 

14 hours ago, khalyan said:

Is Nightgowns a competition show?  I thought it was just the name of her tour where she would perform in front of projectors 

this took me OUT.:bibliahh:

7 hours ago, dumbsparce said:

No one is entitled to compete on a show not funded by the government and the citizens' bills. If WoW ever decides to be more inclusive with their casting choices that's fine but it is not their responsibility to showcase kings too nor is it fair to criticize them for not wanting to. They're the reason drag has become as lucrative as it is so that's more than enough contribution to the scene.

Haven't found time to watch KING's interview yet but I'm glad the reactions are positive. Tyra's mug still shits on Raven's.

You're right that it's not their responsibility or duty, but I am free to criticize whoever I want. This is a discussion board. People advanced similar arguments about trans women competing and now one is very likely (and deservingly so) to win this season, so there you go :michael:

Edited by Life Savers

20 minutes ago, Life Savers said:

You're right that it's not their responsibility or duty, but I am free to criticize whoever I want. This is a discussion board. People advanced similar arguments about trans women competing and now one is very likely (and deservingly so) to win this season, so there you go :michael:

Let's not pretend that a trans drag queen not competing is the same as a drag king not competing on a show who until recently had the tag "may the best woman win". A drag queen (trans or not) is a "woman" and should be competing point blank period so WoW were rightfully criticized for their borderline transphobic views. A king has no place on this show unless they completely revamp it.

Yeah I don't want drag kings on the show ever

Bob was ended I fear

Pp8ZEgP.giff

She claims she’s the queen, where was she at all winners season 1? But no tea, sometimes It just don’t work out, of course Bob and Ezra know what that's about.

When I tell you I GASPED

:jonny6:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.