RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Make Your Own Kind of Rusic (f/ legendary lipsync)

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

Sasha is the clear winner to me.

3 wins, the judges love her and she’s likable.

my girl Mistress hasn’t been delivering in the challenges unfortunately 

Luxx is not that original and she doesn’t give me a “winner” vibe

Loosey is not likable enough to be a winner

Anetra hasn’t been delivering either other than good lipsyncs. 

• Replies 42.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

Just finished the episode and WOW, Anetra's Boss ***** lip sync with that outfitttttTTTTT :smitten: when she DOVE over Marcia, I lost it :jonny3:

SICKENING!!!!! :flame:

For personal reasons I'm so happy to see an Asian/mixed queen being so slayful like this

:heart:

2 hours ago, Hephaestus said:

I don't know about you, but the beginning and the end of this episode were peak queer entertainment for me.

Challenge was lowkey a mess, I genuinely think only Loosey, Luxx and Marcia (yes, Marcia) were the only salvageable ones because even them wouldn't have been higher than safe in past similar challenges. Runway was ok, no one really stood out.

This season more than others I'm getting tired of the double standards though, because we've had Luxx being often influenced by other people on the runway (b*tch, you should be the reference!) and Sasha relying too much on body (plus her wigs looking crazy two weeks in a row) and nobody says anything, but when it comes to Marcia being too theater-y and having smaller make up that has being brought up several times. Like I get it, they gotta push storylines, but can they at least make it less obvious?

Lip sync was amazing, could've been a double shantay in other circumstances. See what happens when the song choice is right and you have queens who can perform on stage?

They had no interest in saving them both though because production couldn't risk Marcia winning the Rusical and moving automatically to the top 5 instead of any other queen they want to be in the finale, so maybe her getting the chop now it's for the better because she left on a very high note and people will anticipate her coming back for All Stars.

Luxx is gorgeous and has done consistently well in the challenges.

Sasha makes up for her wig malfunctions with her lipsyncs and sex appeal

Marcia has nothing going for her that's why she gets no passes at all. If she can't at least nail the easiest aspect of drag which is the visual then what is she doing at a drag competition? 

I love anetra but I feel like she’s running out of gas. Salina better be gone next week 

I get that the roast/comedy episodes are essential but the way I’ve heard some of these jokes 200x over :skull: 

That lipsync was amazing and Marcia really delivered, but it was so NOT a double shantay. :rip: Anetra devoured her in every aspect, let's be honest.

One thing I like this season is that they're not repeating the mistake of last season of queens not going home for weeks by twists, double shantays and chocolate bars :clown: 

• ATRL Moderator

double shantays have been majorly overused in recent seasons (and going back further than that tbh). a very good lipsync with a clear winner does not make a double shantay. if there had to be one this season then anetra/sasha would've been the correct choice and made the most sense considering the challenge

there have genuinely been like two worthy double shantays in the history of the US and All Stars franchise and alyssa/tatianna is not one of them (it's brooke and yvie, jasmine and jorgeous)

I felt so bad for Marcia. She was so defeated in Untucked she knew the producers were kicking her out by putting her against either Anetra or Sasha. And I didn't think she was that bad in the challenge. Though to be fair this was definitely one of the weaker stand up comedy challenges in the show's history, no one was that funny.

• ATRL Moderator
34 minutes ago, @michael said:

No I’ve watched every season. Marcia sucks.

You must have watched with her eyes closed. Marcia slayed the talent show, slayed the Daytona Winds challenge, was HIGH on Snatch Game (not easy to get!), was a standout in the girl group challenge, and stomped on Malaysia in the Lalaparuza. Her only weak area was runways, period.

Like you have to just admit you lack objectivity if you think Marcia is the worst top 7 finalist when she's clearly more talented than various girls who made it to top 7 including Rebecca Glasscock, Robbie Turner, Pearl, Tina Burner, Kenya Michaels, Joslyn Fox, Gottmik, Deja Skye, Akashia, Kameron Michaels, Gottmik, Jiggly (sorry Mama Jiggly), Shuga, Olivia Lux, etc. etc., AND if we include All Stars, we can add in girls like India Ferreh, Kylie Sonique Love, Blair St. Clair, etc. And let's not get started on international seasons :skull:

1 hour ago, WeFoundWill said:

literally :bibliahh: Talent Talent Talent will win All Stars tho once her looks are polished.

Exactly, unless you want your drag queens to be walking mannequins. Marcia slayed the talent show, stomped Snatch Game, was high for the acting challenge, continuously surprised in the lipsyncs, etc. She'll be a force once she figures her aesthetic out.

great episode :clap3:

Luxx was such a surprise like yas go girl, wish they had given the win just to her :fan:

I'm a bit sad that MIB didn't do well, I hope she can shine in the rusical which btw poor marcia 3 for leaving right before it.

The lipsync was AMAZING and it's surprising how Marcia is also such a good lipsyncer, if she improves I fear for the other girls in AS

Anetra ATE that lipsync oh wow she just kept on stomping from beginning to end :jonny5:

next episode we need barfina to leave, that runway was an insult to her mother :biblio:

1 hour ago, dumbsparce said:

Luxx is gorgeous and has done consistently well in the challenges.

Sasha makes up for her wig malfunctions with her lipsyncs and sex appeal

Marcia has nothing going for her that's why she gets no passes at all. If she can't at least nail the easiest aspect of drag which is the visual then what is she doing at a drag competition? 

I didn’t say she hasn’t, but it’s also true that she’s heavily referenced past contestants and other people’s looks in general and hasn’t been called out on it.

So Sasha can make up for her wig malfunctions with her lip syncing abilities and sex appeal but Marcia can’t make up for her lack of painting abilities with other talents? What kind of logic is this?

The b*tch can paint (her mug wasn’t anything spectacular, but it’s not like we haven’t seen Blair or Gigi just to name a couple of recent contestants), can sew, can dance, can sing, can act, can lip sync. I think she’s allowed to have a flaw or two, especially considering how young she is and how little drag she did before getting on the show. Of all the white twinks the show had, it’s so weird y’all hate on the one who is actually talented.

Edited by Hephaestus

26 minutes ago, CBC said:

next episode we need barfina to leave, that runway was an insult to her mother :biblio:

:skull:

• ATRL Moderator
31 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

a standout in the girl group challenge

:ryan2:

marcia is a good white chicken breast that waiting for some seasonings. 

3 minutes ago, Venice B said:

Where is the pit stop? :katie:

12pm EST. 1 hour and 13 mins

Just now, Witchpop said:

12pm EST. 1 hour and 13 mins

Thanks!

• ATRL Moderator

I’m happy for Salina.  She’s not top4 material but she deserved a HIGH moment and she got it.  

bad runway tho but I mean we all expected that. 

9 hours ago, GotMyBlueprint said:

This is what happens when dummies complain about Anetra not having confessionals for like 2 episodes in a row earlier in the seasons

She lowkey has nothing to say when she's not walking her quick lil duck, I fear

80764815_ezgif.com-gif-maker(2).thumb.gi

Marcia did what UGLYnn Mytes thought she did during the Sorry Not Sorry lipsync

Anetra deserved the win, possibly, but her performances are worn, tired and done to oblivion (the bussy+spine floor slam combo, for one) like y'all claim Jaxx's were, yet no one is saying anything like they did to Jaxxx, typical fanbase :fish2:

Marcia deserved a double shantay, even if it meant sending her green ass home next week in a double sashay :pancake:

also, Luxx is really getting payola'd hard to the top, the power of ass kissing, cus her jokes were all played out, and done to death :sorry:, and Mistress deserved some lashes, but she keeps getting away with it any single thing she does wrong, lowkey

You’re spilling alllll the hot tea today- but this INCREDIBLY BIASED fandom won’t be able to handle your objective truths, I fear. 

It’s nearly impossible for most people to see something or someone as having both good and bad qualities - so they make black and white statements such as:

”Anetra ATE Marcia upppp no crumbs sis okayrrr” not even understanding the lingo they’re using. To “eat someone up” would be to completely overshadow and out shine them- which objectively was NOT the case in the lip sync . But because most of the sheep have decided that it is “Omg yas Anetra slay queen mama” since her one good challenge performance, and that “ugh TALENTLESS WHITE THEATRE TWINK” about Marcia (even though she’s literally done well in almost every single challenge and has demonstrated many talents throughout the competition), they cannot admit or accept that Anetra is a fantastic lip sync queen BUT ALSO has a limited arsenal of tricks and boring crusty lewks on the runway. Or that Marcia is a very talented dancer and performer BUT ALSO is very green and not fully realized as a queen.

and yea Mistress being HIGH KEY saved from bottom 2 twice in a row just bc they knew Selena and Marcia would have beat her in a lip sync is a kiiii- producers are too much lol

and Sasha winning last week’s challenge when Loosey “ate her up” in the challenge (as the kids who have no idea what they’re even saying would say), but then being completely disrespected by Ru when he gave Anetra the mini challenge win?? So fuxking rude. I was actually screaming a the TV and having so much actual fun watching Sasha during her mini challenge performance!

and can we just acknowledge that Loosey was the sole winner this week but Luxx is smart enough to stroke Ru’s ego 2 weeks in a row lmaooo. I think production just wanted a convenient way to give Luxx and Loosey a 2nd win before they get to the finale. At this point, I think Anetra Luxx and Loosey deserve to go to the finale over Mistress bc I think we’ve seen Mistress’s peak in the comp already 

Edited by Gwegend

Sasha seemed like she was going to have a Bianca edit. No lows whatsoever and dominating. This week ruined it. Now Loosey and Luxx are kinda chomping at her heels. 

i think Salina/Mistress’ bit was less funny than Anetra/Sasha tbh. Salina just yelled for a full 5 minutes as she always does and Mistress parroted her until they ended at the half baked lil punchline involving sc*t …… ya, no ma’am

Anetra/Sasha weren’t good but really no one was. the editing kinda made it seem like they made Sash/Anetra/Marcia out to be worse than they really were …. Loosey and Luxx indeed won but that’s not saying much cuz they truly weren’t that funny either

the challenge order from this season was so jacked. comedy duos should have been much earlier in the season when people like Poppy/Amethyst/Irene were there to give them a chance, snatch game moved much further back like it normally is, lip sync lalaparuza should have been and should always BE the first episode replacing the talent show …. immediately get rid of the girl who would lose a lip sync to just about anyone anyway …

2 hours ago, Bicassie said:

I’m honestly very concerned that Selena does well next week since she is also a BFA queen and that ***** will weaponize it :redface:

I appreciate grass root hard working queens like Anetra, Selina, unlike the commercialized one with an army of team to dress up her lack of talent :clap3:

6 hours ago, OreGuy said:

Ass lickers rarely win (Gigi, Ginger) so I think it's much clearer now that Luxx isn't winning this season. And we already have Symone anyway. :bird:

:deadvision:Omg don’t be too harsh with the facts - these kids can’t handle this level of truth! 95% of them think Symone is a top tier winner :gaycat7:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.