RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Make Your Own Kind of Rusic (f/ legendary lipsync)

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

4 minutes ago, Alyssa Edwards said:

Am i the only one that thought the pacing was great during this episode ?

Full mini challenge, walk through with Ru and Carson, good amount of talk in the werk room, Ru performing, 3 looks presented for each girl WITH descriptions by them and jokes from the judges.

All this under 41 minutes. :chick2:

Agreed. I really enjoyed seeing the queens interact with Ru and talk about their looks. I think we hadn’t seen that yet this season.

• Replies 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the ball should be judged mostly (66.6%) by the constructed look. The most impressive designs were Luxx and Anetra, easily. Sasha’s had very little design to it but she looked gorgeous. 

Pretty much everyone constructed decent garments. There were no disasters really. Even the bottom looks were passable and would be easily safe in other seasons. 

8 hours ago, Bimbo said:

:redface:

I’m sure roxxxy, phi phi, Alexis Michelle, Milk, Jan etc copped it worse than loosey in this department. Like, its a reality show, you know there’s a chance they can edit you however they want. She was just silly enough to complain about being safe which is a literal green light for producers to try and crack you (see Milk/Jan). 

23 minutes ago, madonnas said:

THANK YOU.  

I woulda been fine with mistress winning.  Your nitpicks are correct but her final look was stunning enough.  But Sasha’s win wasn’t a payola win like the girls are insisting. 

MTE. I get saying Mistress could have won, but I think the second round solidified Sasha over Mistress - Sasha's was just better constructed overall, even though Mistress's was really fun.

But saying Marcia should have won is plain delusion. :rip: They were safe at best and boring at worst. Anetra's final look was absolutely gorgeous, but why should she have won for that alone? All 3 looks should be taken into consideration. Her racer look was ok, and her Sugar Ball look was bad. Her being in the top for her design was more than enough.

The real snub this episode was Lux just being safe, she definitely served a top placement, even if we've seen her second look before, the other two looks were still really good. Marcia should have been just safe over her.

The Sasha hate is getting weird. It's like people are just looking for something to knock her down and say she didn't deserve a win. Like with the "House" design challenge, her look was beautiful, well constructed and well put together. But people want to call it "boring" and say she didn't deserve the win...I don't get it, not every queen needs to throw everything at it but the kitchen sink. But to each their own and their bad takes. :bird:

• ATRL Moderator
3 minutes ago, Big Bad Wolf said:

MTE. I get saying Mistress could have won, but I think the second round solidified Sasha over Mistress - Sasha's was just better constructed overall, even though Mistress's was really fun.

But saying Marcia should have won is plain delusion. :rip: They were safe at best and boring at worst. Anetra's final look was absolutely gorgeous, but why should she have won for that alone? All 3 looks should be taken into consideration. Her racer look was ok, and her Sugar Ball look was bad. Her being in the top for her design was more than enough.

The real snub this episode was Lux just being safe, she definitely served a top placement, even if we've seen her second look before, the other two looks were still really good. Marcia should have been just safe over her.

The Sasha hate is getting weird. It's like people are just looking for something to knock her down and say she didn't deserve a win. Like with the "House" design challenge, her look was beautiful, well constructed and well put together. But people want to call it "boring" and say she didn't deserve the win...I don't get it, not every queen needs to throw everything at it but the kitchen sink. But to each their own and their bad takes. :bird:

M3’s looks were more safethan Looseys and nothing was as bad as Looseys second but she could have been low instead of her.  Then again, seeing Loosey fume is really good TV so I support their decision :laugh:

Sasha completely deserves her track record imo.  People just wanna be contrarian.  

as far as Luxx, eh.  I didn’t live for her looks but they were fine.  I appreciate the direction she came from but her third look wasn’t as strong as Anetras.  

5 hours ago, GotMyBlueprint said:

For real! 

Like, this outfit was hella basic, boring and low effort, but the judges went wild when she came out because she looks pretty in the face and body.. the audacity

:deadbanana4:

i-loved-sasha-colbys-look-this-week-v0-r

Yes Sasha, Yes Payola

The cape/robe whatever you wanna call it is sickening and clearly where her labor went 

that said I agree Sasha’s made look was safe this week

1 hour ago, Rotunda said:

I didn’t like any of Sasha’s looks tbqh

Sasha has been the most consistent w looks throughout every wk but this wk I think mistress deserved the win; Sasha had the same piece of fabric skirt as spice did

Edited by blackoutbritney

Best individual garment: Anetra by far. The fact that she made that gown with that silhouette with all those crystal vertebrae details in one day? Gag. Amazing.

Best overall runway package though, definitely Sasha. While I don't think I was gagged by any of her looks, she definitely had the most consistent presentation. I didn't like Mistress' ball look or Anetra's sugar ball look. So while some girls may have had better individual looks, they were let down by others. Sasha served three very good, clean, well done looks and deserved her win. :giraffe:

3 hours ago, Alyssa Edwards said:

Am i the only one that thought the pacing was great during this episode ?

Full mini challenge, walk through with Ru and Carson, good amount of talk in the werk room, Ru performing, 3 looks presented for each girl WITH descriptions by them and jokes from the judges.

All this under 41 minutes. :chick2:

And just as the 40 minutes starts to work... back to 1.5 hours next week  :duck:

No one fully smashed it to me.

Mistress' first outfit was uninspired, too literal.

Anetra had two boring outfits.

Sasha's last outfit was not what they're trying to make it seem like it is.

I thought for a while that Luxx was robbed (and still do) but seeing how she --once again, straight up copied previously made garments i feel like it's getting tired at this point. Nothing this queen does is original to me... BUT she still should have won (and I say this even though she's the queen i like the least out of this cast because i'm always honest and unbiased unlike some other hags in here :heart:).

This is a weak season for fashion.

I have to stop watching the Roscoe's viewing parties, they randomly announce which contestant will be there next week and that almost always means they're going to be eliminated :rip: I'm pretty sure I know who's going next week now because of that

Edited by Solaris

spice HATES michelle wow :deadbanana: her posting shady tiktok edits on ig :deadbanana:

Sasha’s package this episode must be one of those “you either love them or hate them” things cause all 3 of them look like they could be unconventional materials design looks and I don’t see it for her this week :rip:. With that said, this makes up for the Girl Groups challenge she should have won. 

Edited by Rotunda

I hated Anetra’s wig for the final look. I didn’t really mind the style, but the color was meh. Maybe it should’ve been black? I dunno. :michael: But the dress itself was amazing. 

Anetra had a 9/10 dress (those added appliqués were tacky af), but the hair and makeup choices RUINED an otherwise stellar dress.

That wig :deadbanana4:

BUT, if we want to talk originality on Luxx, its interesting that no one clocked Anetra, hmmmmm.

3d-printed-mask-rupauls-drag-race-3D-pri

1 minute ago, satellites.™ said:

BUT, if we want to talk originality on Luxx, its interesting that no one clocked Anetra, hmmmmm.

Totally different looks though. Lux’s was a copy and paste, her second one of the season too. :michael: 

12 minutes ago, satellites.™ said:

I got more aura vibes from her beautiful nightmare look this season rather than aquaria 

Everyone saying Luxxx copies previous looks... :deadbanana2:

Have you all watched any runway shows? Maybe try googling Mugler 90s looks... queens are inspired from designers and saying how she is just "copying" is crazy and so ignorant. Expand your fashion knowledge outside of Drag Race fr

Edited by SixWholeYears

2 hours ago, mokitsu said:

spice HATES michelle wow :deadbanana: her posting shady tiktok edits on ig :deadbanana:

lmao I don't think it's that serious :skull: good for her though

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.