RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Make Your Own Kind of Rusic (f/ legendary lipsync)

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

The best (uptempo) lipsyncher the show will ever see and this proves it. She made Mistress and Jax look dumb compared to her here. 

Alyssa hits EVERY SINGLE BEAT.

• Replies 42.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

SASHA CLEARED that lipsynch, holy freaking :flame:

CLEARRRRRRRRRRED!

On 2/17/2023 at 12:09 PM, brooklyndaddy said:

I still don’t understand the Max situation. Why give her 2 wins and then just axe her?

Side note while we’re on S7, why did Pearl ruin the way she looks? The shaved head and forced “daddy” look is hideous. He was such a cute boy before and now looks like somebody creepy tio 

Pearl is so much hotter now.

Anyone arguing over an episode built entirely on cheap fart sounds and inexcusably sloppy editing is complacent of being mediocre. Disappointed, but not surprised!

16 hours ago, madonnas said:

Can someone explain to me how Luxx supposedly won that LS ? She was flailing around her limbs behind the beat :deadbanana:   

We talk about knowing the time period of a song for a reason. Luxx literally lucked out with that song, that time era (like Marcia clocked) is so Luxx. 

Anyway Jax was clearly great in all of her lipsyncs and obviously didn't deserve to go home based on the challenge, they just wanted her out and they pulled the same stunt as last time (the 'lip sync assassin of the season goes home during a lipsync challenge)

God this show is tired

BTW, if you want to see what Salina TRIED to do but in a ******* LEGENDARY way, done by a winner...

3 hours ago, theoghon said:

i just watched the episode, & there is NO way both Jax and Anetra deserved to be the bottom two, it makes me sick that they gave mistress that payola win when Jax LITERALLY gave A stellar level embodiment of TITMH, plus Luxx was the worst of the three way lip-sinc lets be fr, they should've saved both Jaxx and Anetra in that one instead...it's sad that the show has morphed into this format of picking favorites earlier on, really throws some queen out of balance when you can clearly see they gave it their all.  If I was a judge i'd disregard the cheap comedic gags/expressions trying to compensate for actual skill because this is a performance challenge first and foremost

Jax if you're reading this, you were ROBBED and you deserved better, and your TITMH lip-sync is the tightest I have seen so far in the franchise.

also, while many might say anetra vs sasha was neck and neck, i think anetra bodied sasha a tad bit but don't come for me

Trying to discredit an outfit change or Mistress knowing how to serve comedy with her body language to defend Jax is insane when she was barely a lip syncer but a gymnast. You're supposed to look like a pop star. Not a Olympian. When was the last time Britney Spears did more body flips than hair flips? The point is still do the illusion of a pop star performing a song. Mistress did this. Jax represents the flaw in suggesting athleticism is somehow the same thing as being a performer. A trend that is so rotted it leads to Marcia being seen as competent as a lip syncer because her slight and athletic build means she could do 4 backflips in a row - even if backflipping makes no sense in regards to the actual song being performed. 

Girls like Sasha and Mistress and (God I'm even saying it but) Salina understand a lip sync is a social interaction like performing any craft, not a exercise in physical capability. Sasha not once didn't exude emotion on her face no matter how her body moved. Sasha moves her body intentionally. Jax thrashed around a stage. Let's stop tearing others down for those trying to weaponize their collegiate athletics ribbons. :skull:

"It was a performance based challenge so Mistress shouldn't have put comedy in her lip sync". It's Drag Race. These are lip syncs. If these girls want to be judged for their physical merits, go sign up for American Ninja. The moment Mistress served personality instead of throwing her body all over the floor, she easily won over Jax. 

Edited by Communion

This rigged ass show :rip:

Jax ate Mistress the F*CK up, i'm shocked they showed the girls in the werk room being real about it. Highkey exposing Ru's rigga morrisery :bloo:

I like Malaysia but goddamn she was terrible at every point.

Luxx is annoying af. I kinda wish she would get eliminated before the finale, she needs to be humbled. It's obvious she won't but i find her very unlikeable.

Anyways, this show still entertains me but it's so f*cking fake it's insane.

Love Mistress but I am not going to be gaslit into believing she beat Jax. And trust me, I’ve seen Mistress perform and she CAN but here, no, Jax ate

• ATRL Moderator
53 minutes ago, satellites.™ said:

We talk about knowing the time period of a song for a reason. Luxx literally lucked out with that song, that time era (like Marcia clocked) is so Luxx. 

I get what you’re saying but I just disagree that she served it successfully.  The look helped her though but I thought she clearly lost.  :michael:

Bianca and Brooke agreeing that Spice beat Loosey :fan:

Both saying that Anetra vs Jax highlights the difference between dance vs gymnastics. :fan:

34 minutes ago, Rotunda said:

Do y'all the Malaysia or Loosey had a worse showing at the tournament? 

Both were terrible but Malaysia's lipsyncs had some redeeming qualities. Loosey's was all around terrible and there was no excuse for her to perform so badly 

38 minutes ago, Rotunda said:

Loosey. She literally could have lost to ******* Spice of all people and it would have been deserved. They will avoid putting her in the bottom for the rest of the season until top 4. 

Marcia doing the high kick after Malaysia flopped at it is still sending me :bibliahh:

Luxx was sooooo plucked in untucked :deadbanana2: She's cracking, I can feel it.

How are the delusional “Jasmine is a star” girlies coping with the fact that Jax is her S15 counterpart 

Though at least Jax excelled at one challenge…

spacer.png

3 hours ago, satellites.™ said:

Pearl is so much hotter now.

if your type is gas station cashiers, sure

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, Rotunda said:

Malaysias first lip sync she lost was waaaaaay better than Looseys one.  

the DGY lipsync could be inexcusable, but it is a camila song, so I’ll allow it.  

21 minutes ago, brooklyndaddy said:

if your type is gas station cashiers, sure

Actually lol.

I do like the trailer trashy type white guys. 

Malaysia kinda shot herself in the foot by doing that makeup too. Her eyes were fully DARK with no way to connect with her face/emotions  :gaycat7:

1 hour ago, TheOnlyOne said:

How are the delusional “Jasmine is a star” girlies coping with the fact that Jax is her S15 counterpart 

Though at least Jax excelled at one challenge…

spacer.png

Jasmine excelled in the same challenge as Jax AND Daytona Wind :ahh: 

--

Upon rewatch, Jax kind of won this tbh... Anetra's dips are so crunchy sometimes :skull: Jax's was so clean.

Anetra is so one dimensional atp.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.