RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Make Your Own Kind of Rusic (f/ legendary lipsync)

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

Mistress, Luxx and Anetra totally lost the Lip Syncs they won, Poor Jax :chick2:

Edited by GotMyBlueprint

• Replies 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

LOVED this episode :smitten: The Lalaparuza needs to remain a staple, it's so good! The S14 one was a bit better imo, but this one still ate.

I think the judges got it right for the most part.

The Jaxx/Mistress lipsync was close imo. Tbh I kinda liked Jaxx more on first watch, but I'm glad MIB won :fan: 

Anetra could've easily been double-saved in both the lipsyncs with Sasha and with Luxx, which also would've omitted the twist, but oh well.

Honestly, Anetra is MOTHER for saving Spice and then booting Jaxx - what a legend :fan: 

Excited to see the Ball next week! I wonder if it's another Luxx win or maybe Sasha will come through. I'm also curious about Spice. Excited!

Sasha mothered. Mistress sold it. Anetra, Luxx and Salina served several times. Marcia was surprisingly cute.

I feel bad that Jax had to get sent home after three pretty good showings, while Malaysia and Spice were having a mid-off at the same time.

I'm officially a Salina stan. The ***** can look gorgeous in the face when she wants to, can put on a show and the faces she makes crack me up. Even her tackiness is welcome bc it differentiates her from the rest of the girls. That is a DRAG queen.

Luxx seemed lost at some points during her lipsyncs. She was looking down and I could see her panicking thinking what stunt she should do to save her ass. She's insecure in her skills and it shows a lot. I hope she gains some confidence bc she is the full package.

Edited by dumbsparce

this was so good! maybe cause it was an opportunity to see most of the girls lip sync for the first time. and most if not all of the songs were good choices. usually lip sync battle episodes suck. 

i was screaming when they did don’t go yet and had that crazy second verse so didn’t know the words :bibliahh: 

Edited by Yawn

production meddling has never been more obvious lmfao. in what world would anetra save spice over the current lipsync assassin? no way she would risk it in that moment. what a coincidence a favourite was about to leave bc she can't lipsync at all only to be saved by production interference shrouded by 'contestant decision'

Marcia Marcia Marcia aka actress, lip syncer, performer and twink of the season :fan:

11 minutes ago, keerbyriri said:

production meddling has never been more obvious lmfao. in what world would anetra save spice over the current lipsync assassin? no way she would risk it in that moment. what a coincidence a favourite was about to leave bc she can't lipsync at all only to be saved by production interference shrouded by 'contestant decision'

Yeah this. Every outcome was just so “convenient”, right down to a Fifth Harmony song being the fifth lipsync. 

Anetra and Sasha warranted a double safe.

The random Spice saving twist. :rip:

can they just kick all the girls except from Anetra, Sasha and Anetra and crown one of them and end with this season she's getting on my nerves :coffee2:

Sasha has to win

Anetra is an all almighty arse so full of himself ugh 

Mistress pushed and pushes Shite

Marcia 3x such a production pet with this lipsync could have gone either way ugh

production is a killer in this show

Sasha, Anetra, Mistress and Loosey would be such a great top four :heart:

I hope they ditch last season's top five

3 hours ago, Afferty said:

Girl shut up you already know how did Anetra vs Sasha or the triple lipsync happen.

Loosey is such a loser.

shut the **** up your lice is such a looser she is an influencer not a drag queen she doesnt have any talent beside that she can paint her face

Anetra was so boastful about saving lice and talkig about jax

Production dragging shite this long is really a killer of this season

Sasha has to win at this point

I really hope we get another Anetra v Sasha lipsync. Even if it means a double save. With a better song they could create a Tati v Alyssa or Brooke v Yvie moment. They still somehow made that random fifth harmony song work though. 

11 minutes ago, ucanfma said:

shut the **** up your lice is such a looser she is an influencer not a drag queen she doesnt have any talent beside that she can paint her face

Anetra was so boastful about saving lice and talkig about jax

Production dragging shite this long is really a killer of this season

Sasha has to win at this point

Gurl how the f is Spice mine, you all need chill pills, imagine choosing to go against an influencer while trying to win the competition. At least Spice is self aware of her talentless as.s, Looser LaDuca was crying about being safe last week and now running away with the safest option. Watch her serve Pangina level of crying after being eliminated by a real C.U.N.T. 

Very fun episode, hopefully Lalaparuza keeps happening every year. 

Loosey really thinks she's that *****, doesn't she? Thinking that she killed it, choosing the low-hanging fruit. At least be honest, all that bullshit during untucked saying that she chose Spice because she thought she was gonna pick the Celine song. Get out of here. :deadbanana4: Be real for once, there is no problem in choosing Spice, just be honest. 

Anetra vs Sasha was great, and honestly I thought that Anetra did better than Sasha.

All I can say is that we had 3 great Anetra lip syncs, and she is that *****. :clap3: 

Forgot to mention, they really need to bring more cameras to the main stage. The beginning of the three-way lip sync was great because of Anetra, and you can barely see her. :rip:

Edited by KaledKalil

Anetra the producer apologizer :eli: what a vain queen

Hope that the I have to walk the ******* duck in every lipsync and the as well as Lice apologizer Mistress wont win 

Shite would have gotten rid of but the nasty production ruining one season again:eli:

13 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

I don't even like her like that, but I'm hoping Marcia slays her lip sync(s) tonight so y'all can stop underestimating her :fan:

The way you put this into the universe and it payed back! :clap3:

She's so talented, the moment she gets her brand and wardrobe together it's gonna be a very hard competition for the rest (probably not gonna happen during this season though). Hell, it's already hard as it is despite her being a little raw in those departments, that's should speak volumes on how strong of a contestant she is.

1 hour ago, Yawn said:

i was screaming when they did don’t go yet and had that crazy second verse so didn’t know the words :bibliahh: 

It's what Camila deserves :clap3:

The way the producers want Jax to go home so bad, even with Spice as her opponent :skull: poor her

Anetra and Sasha should've been double shantay i fear. It's just THAT good :jonnycat:

• ATRL Moderator

the tone of anetra losing her lipsyncs felt completely different to bosco losing her lipsyncs. bosco was flop after flop whereas anetra kinda killed every lipsync and could've had two double shantays. hopefully she picks up some momentum from this and kills the second half of the competition

no idea what to change the thread title to!

I get Anetra and Sasha was kind of iconic and definitely deserving of a double shantay... But that's not how a Tournament works lol... someone HAS to go each round and Sasha ate her up. Sorry, I got bored of her big nose dipping and duck walking again.

Thoughts on the lip syncs:

• Malaysia vs Marcia: Marcia ate Malaysia up, what a gag; it's even funnier when you think that Malaysia fully thought she would destroy the "white twink" with ease
  • Loosey vs Spice: this was embarrassing to be honest, because Loosey choose the easiest option available and still lost the lip sync to f*cking Spice
  • Luxx vs Salina: this was close, but I guess Salina won by default by correctly timing some humor in a ballad which is something that always works with Ru/judging panel
  • Mistress vs Jax: I'm sorry y'all, but Jax ate Mistress up; I knew from the moment they announced Mistress to be safe that Jax was going home no matter what
  • Anetra vs Sasha: lip sync of the night, but Sasha truly showed how much of a pro she is even against a fierce competitor like Anetra
  • Malaysa vs Spice: a kii and a half; still don't understand how Malaysia was saved when it looked like she knew even less words than Spice, but whatever
  • Anetra vs Luxx vs Jax: Luxx demolished this in my opinion, like my eyes were literally glued on her I barely even noticed the other two queens; I guess Anetra did well enough to be saved too while Jax definitely didn't do enough
  • Anetra vs Jax: Anetra won this just for choosing to lip sync against Jax instead of going for the easy way out with Spice I think; they both gave a good performance though, but overall Anetra did slightly better

I can't at y'all thinking production told Anetra to save Spice. Did you miss the way the queens jolted and cheered when Spice came back to the workroom? They love her, no wonder she was saved. Also, how bad would've the optics been for Anetra, someone who's known for her performance skills, to choose Spice as an opponent? That would've been an embarrassment for her because she would've won by default (which, in the end, is the polar opposite of showing C.U.N.T.).

As Jasmine in S14, Jax deserved better but it is what it is. I hope she'll get to redeem herself someday because the talent is there!

Edited by Hephaestus

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.