RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Make Your Own Kind of Rusic (f/ legendary lipsync)

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

Violet looks *****

• Replies 42.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

^ ***** as in sickening

On 2/4/2023 at 1:29 PM, karron0624 said:

I think Aura is getting out soon. Anetra too. The issue with the editing this episode is that they set up Sasha to be the challenge winner. We saw Aura allegedly struggle with being metal in the recording. Saw he struggle when she was doing choreography, heard mistress say she is worried for everyone but Sasha. Etc. And then we got back story on Sasha. We still have 0 backstory on Aura 6 episodes in or even on the episode she got her first win. If i had to predict based on how editing is going, the next three outs are:Β 

Β 

1. Marcia (whenever she lands in the bottom.

2. Aura (same)

3. Anetra

Β 

One of those three girls are going home next week and will not make top 10.

Β 

As for Aura winning, i had to rewatch the episode and i get it now. The Judges loved everything in this order:

Β 

1. Metal

2. Country

3. Hip-Hop

Β 

If they judged everyone in teams, Metal would have won and Aura would have gotten the win for β€œbeing better than Sasha.” Even though the performance is spliced to hell, the editors clearly were giving Aura more screen time and focus to highlight her doing better. Add to the fact that they are trying to spread out the wins, Aura was the best or second best person on that team, she gets the win.

Β 

What fucks up the judging is that they did not do it as teams but as an individual. They did this to give Mistress a high, so she is still in the viewers mind, although not having a win. Usually, a winner always has a win on the first half of the season, but they have not found a way to give her the win yet. This makes the top 5 super obvious because of how they choose to do this. It will be:

Β 

1. Mistress

2. Luxx

3. Lossey

4. Sasha

5. Anetra or Aura

Β 

Based on how this show loves to rig things, i am assuming Jax will be in the bottom next week with Aura/Anetra/Marcia. Sending Aura or Anetra home gives the editors a Mayhem/Morgan/Scarlet situation where you get a challenge win early on in the competition and then are shockingly out before the halfway point. Sending home Marcia gives a Jan elimination.

Β 

I think odds are Anetra goes home to Jax in the next episode because i dont see them giving Aura a win to send her immediately home. However, it would probably be better shock factor to give those viewers whiplash to once again show that (1) wins dont matter, it only matters if you make it to the finale; and 2 emphasize that you can go from top dog to out quickly. The fact that Aura did not even have the main, secondary, or third focus on the episode where she got a win is very telling though that she might be up and eliminated soon. But whoever Jax send home, the other queen will send Jax home in a redemption lipsync. But Jax is sending at least two more people home. And then on the fourth lipsync we will get a β€œstunts dont make a lipsync/this isnt the type of song for that” edit.Β 

Β 

Of course none of this matters because if Marcia x3 is even a little bit bad, she is getting sent home.

Β 

But based on that, not Spice making top 10 and missing the bottom so many times πŸ˜΅β€πŸ’«πŸ˜΅β€πŸ’«. I gurantee you this ***** is making it to top five. We havent done a ball (which i bet she will win serving bras and panties), we still have some more comedy challenges (safe) i bet she makes it to the rusical and gets eliminated there.

Very good points were made here.

Β 

Love the fact that you brought up past contestants to explain how editing could influence some queens' fate in further episodes. Many times Drag Race tends to keep repeating itself and we can see in this season several examples as you pointed out.Β 

Β 

I also believe that Mistress is getting a 'narrator edit', the one that keeps receiving a lot of confessionals and could potentially win Congeniality if don't get to top 4. The last time we had a winner (in a regular US season) that was given a 'narrator edit' was Bob, so it's safe to say that this doesn't happen frequently to winners.Β 

Speaking of 'narrator edit', who do you think is the narrator of each season? Based on confessionals and screen time during the competition.Β 

Β 

S01 - Shannel

S02 - Jujubee

S03 - ShangelaΒ 

S04 - Latrice

S05 - Tough one, I feel like a lot of the queens were narrators: Detox, Alyssa and Coco

S06 - Bianca

S07 - Katya

S08 - Bob

S09 - Peppermint

S10 - Tie: MonΓ©t and Mo Heart

S11 - Vanjie

S12 - Heidi

S13 - Kandy

S14 - Angeria

S15 - Mistress (so far)

54 minutes ago, Ruschi said:

Β 

Love the fact that you brought up past contestants to explain how editing could influence some queens' fate in further episodes. Many times Drag Race tends to keep repeating itself and we can see in this season several examples as you pointed out.Β 

Β 

I also believe that Mistress is getting a 'narrator edit', the one that keeps receiving a lot of confessionals and could potentially win Congeniality if don't get to top 4. The last time we had a winner (in a regular US season) that was given a 'narrator edit' was Bob, so it's safe to say that this doesn't happen frequently to winners.Β 

I'm trying not to look too much in to the edit bc the "narrators" could simply just be those who provided fun material to use. Amethyst was also getting a lot of confessionals but she got the boot earlier than her ex who barely got any screentime

4 hours ago, Ruschi said:

Β 

Β 

You’re right, Mistress is getting the narrator edit.

9 hours ago, Ruschi said:

Speaking of 'narrator edit', who do you think is the narrator of each season? Based on confessionals and screen time during the competition.Β 

Β 

S01 - Shannel

S02 - Jujubee

S03 - ShangelaΒ 

S04 - Latrice

S05 - Tough one, I feel like a lot of the queens were narrators: Detox, Alyssa and Coco

S06 - Bianca

S07 - Katya

S08 - Bob

S09 - Peppermint

S10 - Tie: MonΓ©t and Mo Heart

S11 - Vanjie

S12 - Heidi

S13 - Kandy

S14 - Angeria

S15 - Mistress (so far)

Agree with all but I'd probably say Bosco and Kerri were more narrators than Angie was.

On 2/6/2023 at 4:03 PM, TrueBlood said:

I know and I agree that it showed some personalities/drama, but we're still watching RuPaul's Drag Race, not any other reality show from Mtv. I need to see the runways, the judges critiques, the commentary. In the end, it was just 5/6 minutes out of 40 in total of people saying "We're doing metal", "No, we're doing metal", "No, WE ARE doing metal".

the judges critiques have been a joke for several seasons now who caresΒ :toofunny2:

2 hours ago, Moloko Plus said:

Monet calling Loosey trade of the season in last weeks episode of Sibling Watchery …. girlΒ :biblio:

The fact that she said the voice was hot :bibliahh:

Salina winning this challenge? In just her group alone, Luxx and Marcia were better, let alone Mistressβ€” she had no chance :deadbanana2:

5 hours ago, Inner Insanity said:

Agree with all but I'd probably say Bosco and Kerri were more narrators than Angie was.

I agree. I feel like it was more Kerri in the first half of the season and then Bosco in the second half.Β 

salina was a fool for boohooing about country. sis remember your Tejano namesake?

Β 

Selena Quintanilla Photo Print 8 X 10 in. REPRINT | eBay

Β 

she could have had a whole tex mex vibe that would have suited her perfectly

not me sitting through an entire Joseph Shepherd interview just for Monet

Β 

Β 

43 minutes ago, Witchpop said:

I'M SCREAMING :bibliahh:

Β 

Β 

First advising everyone she's serving jail time to film DR & now thisΒ :bibliahh: please crown Mistress, the second incoming Latina winner Β :alexz:

2 hours ago, Femalien said:

salina was a fool for boohooing about country. sis remember your Tejano namesake?

Β 

Selena Quintanilla Photo Print 8 X 10 in. REPRINT | eBay

Β 

she could have had a whole tex mex vibe that would have suited her perfectly

She's not authentic enough to be able to serve this let's be real here

4 hours ago, Bimbo said:

The fact that she said the voice was hot :bibliahh:

You gotta be a certain age to get it girls, Loosey is older, I bet 15 years ago he was the prize, and he still has it.

I take in looks too and i'd say Salina had the best one (which is not saying much because outside of Sasha's constant cvnty attitude when she walks the runway it was just bad or boring all around). Marcia and Luxx lost me with their looks.

Β 

But yeah that group had the best performance, they all killed it.

2 hours ago, satellites.β„’ said:

You gotta be a certain age to get it girls, Loosey is older, I bet 15 years ago he was the prize, and he still has it.

Older? She's only 32Β Β :deadbanana4:Β you make it sound like her and Minnie Cooper share a room at Shady Pines.Β 

Random girls being called the trade of the season atp :rip:Β 

Β 

I could let Anetra slide, not my type but I see it. Now Loosey… not with her Big Bird meets Anita Wig’lit looks. :skull:Β She’s a sweet girl but no ma’am.Β 

4 minutes ago, Unoriginal said:

luxx was clearly top toot this week

Β 

@Bimbo have I missed the two recent FPRs?

They're coming tomorrow

Future All Stars winnerΒ 

Β 

134636954c040dfec3c8f285c132240e99e6353a

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.