RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Make Your Own Kind of Rusic (f/ legendary lipsync)

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

• Replies 42.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the appeal of the twins - thus far - is that who they are plays into the gay Regina George thing, but instead of being demeaning, the Bratz doll thing has seen them have oddly warm personalities and being kind to everyone. Toss in their personal selection of 2000s pop culture references and it's like gay catnip.

Whereas someone like Aquaria could come off as faking congeniality or someone like Trixie could outright be hateful, the two just come off as... simple (dd) and too in their own world to be hateful or calculated. They're the "influencers" but the way they talk about drag as pursuing their childhood femininity comes off genuine somehow.

Of course the season is young, and their privilege as white twinks could see them acting some kind of way when confrontation occurs, but I think a lot of the 'shock' people feel is just the twins somewhat subverting the way queens of their demographic and age can be stank and think too highly of themselves.

I do though get why it could be absurd to people to praise athletic grown adult white men for being normal and not catty and hateful. :toofunny3:

Edited by Communion

27 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

Irene hurting her chances of popping out of a box next season by fighting with beloved past contestants :redface:

Now I don’t have a problem with Ms. Snorey but define “beloved”

Amethyst kinda ate the runway and definitely ate that lipsync. Princess Poppy was an embarrassment all around.

Jax was also kind of embarrassing this week...from trying to take control of the group just for it to fall short, to the hideous runway look, to even RuPaul being like "hmm yeah okay sweetie" with her during critiques :dies: 

Why did Loosey look constipated + scared for her life on stage? Lmao

These episodes are way too short. No mini challenge, no judges critiques, Season 8 runway duration for each queen. MTV is doing this season such a disservice, trying to use it to plug other programming for their dying channel. Did VH1 not want to renew their contract or something? Episodes definitely needed to be cut, these shorter episodes are easier to sit through but damn the queens deserve more screen time. Fix it now!

1 hour ago, Communion said:

I think the appeal of the twins - thus far - is that who they are plays into the gay Regina George thing, but instead of being demeaning, the Bratz doll thing has seen them have oddly warm personalities and being kind to everyone. Toss in their personal selection of 2000s pop culture references and it's like gay catnip.

Whereas someone like Aquaria could come off as faking congeniality or someone like Trixie could outright be hateful, the two just come off as... simple (dd) and too in their own world to be hateful or calculated. They're the "influencers" but the way they talk about drag as pursuing their childhood femininity comes off genuine somehow.

Of course the season is young, and their privilege as white twinks could see them acting some kind of way when confrontation occurs, but I think a lot of the 'shock' people feel is just the twins somewhat subverting the way queens of their demographic and age can be stank and think too highly of themselves.

I do though get why it could be absurd to people to praise athletic grown adult white men for being normal and not catty and hateful. :toofunny3:

i just don’t even think they necessitate this much discourse beyond they were casted by production to make people drool and it’s working out pretty well for them so far :toofunny3: i’m glad y’all enjoy their drag so much tho, they’ve clearly got appeal

58 minutes ago, qurl said:

i just don’t even think they necessitate this much discourse beyond they were casted by production to make people drool and it’s working out pretty well for them so far :toofunny3: i’m glad y’all enjoy their drag so much tho, they’ve clearly got appeal

dddd I didn't consider that some of the appeal is motivated by horniness, but yeah. I'm just a basic homo tho and easily suckered into the high femme millennial drag. Princesses? Zenon? They reference Winx Club on the runway next, based on doing it before, and it's over. :deadbanana4:

Edited by Communion

5 hours ago, manwhore said:

Trixie a Barbie? In what world?  The twins are so much more fun interesting and endearing then Trixie and Katya, who can’t even carry a show without a million editors and green screen trickery. 

I think I’m just going to say the twins are my faves this season I’m not ashamed. So fierce SO Awww 😂 I am watching more of their stuff then any other girl. They are intriguing plus they already have the content/catalog to binge already. 

Not all these weird essays about 2 nice but fairly mediocre queens :rip: y’all are going to hate their guts a year from now when they’re over-exposed and they start a podcast that reveals them to be morons ala violet and rottmik 

My ranking of girls with these three episodes:

NEEDS TO GO

Aura

Amethyst

STEP YOUR P*SSY UP

Robin (I like her aesthetic, but she's fading into the background)

Jax (she's annoying, and I kinda live for it)

Salina (she's present, but she's not shining just yet and her looks are bad)

SAFE

Sugar

Malaysia

Luxx (she improved, but she's still not there)

INTERESTING

Loosey (Serving strong Alexis Michelle vibes, and I'm living for that)

Sasha

Spice

Mistress

Marcia (she changed the look and that was all she needed for her to go from safe to interesting, really likeable personality)

WE ARE ALL ROOTING FOR YOU

Anetra

The editing is too rushed :deadbanana4: I don't mind deliberations being cut but we def needed more time to see how queens were preparing their scripts and how good they were during filming. I didn't get why Luxx was high, for example 

Sasha is the one who had a funny bit in her performance so a deserved win. Overall Team 1 had great ideas and excecuted them well. Team 2 had poor timing, Loosey's performance was the only salvageable thing about it. Team 3 getting carried by Sugar, who was initially sidelined is a kii

Wondering if there is some storyline for Amethyst and her acceptance of her nose, considering that it's something that was alluded to in MTQ. I kinda see her being the Cheryl Hole/Jonbers Blonde of the season

The twins are truly endearing tbh! 

Mistress is such an icon this episode

So far to me Anetra and Sasha are shaping out to be the frontrunners, Loosey, Mistress and Marcia also feel like those who have potential to go far. Marcia is getting the Alexis Michelle-esque edit to me

Edited by bestfiction

• ATRL Moderator

And now the class shaming..... Irene is over.

11 hours ago, qurl said:

they’re literally just white twinks :bibliahh: y’all are so silly and h*rny this season

No offense but what are trickie and katya

There is just as bad.

Alaska drag  is literally a play on who spice supposed to be lol

19 minutes ago, G.U.Y. Gaga said:

No offense but what are trickie and katya

There is just as bad.

Alaska drag  is literally a play on who spice supposed to be lol

:skull: :skull: :skull:   i think it’s just an agree to disagree moment , but again if they do it for y’all more power to u !

1 minute ago, qurl said:

:skull: :skull: :skull:   i think it’s just an agree to disagree moment , but again if they do it for y’all more power to u !

Listen to Alaska music and tell me she isn’t making fun of spice lol

2 minutes ago, G.U.Y. Gaga said:

Listen to Alaska music and tell me she isn’t making fun of spice lol

i think i misunderstood u but *i* just don’t think anything they do is so entrenched in the zeitgeist of drag …

if i’m breaking it down i feel like whereas aquaria is a polished , good queen informed and raised by drag race , sugar and spice are informed by the wider (straighter) audiences’ perception and understanding of drag race

The discourse :rip: Sugar and Spice are literally like their namesakes. They're fine in controlled quantities and they help make the bigger picture better, but they're not good on their own fffff :bibliahh:I'd never pay to see a Sugar and Spice show, but they're enjoyable enough on TV, nothing more, nothing less.

Also acting like they're better than Trixie and Katya :deadbanana2: I know some of y'all have complexes with the more popular queens, but come on :rip:

3 minutes ago, qurl said:

i think i misunderstood u but *i* just don’t think anything they do is so entrenched in the zeitgeist of drag …

if i’m breaking it down i feel like whereas aquaria is a polished , good queen informed and raised by drag race , sugar and spice are informed by the wider (straighter) audiences’ perception and understanding of drag race

We are agreeeing 

they aren’t good drag queens but know what the show is asking which is the why girls like  Irene go home first who are hoof queens 

11 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

Irene hurting her chances of popping out of a box next season by fighting with beloved past contestants :redface:

Orion Story being beloved?

ezgif-6-5f14b0022c37.thumb.gif.23d8a1d3e

Poor Jax, the racist fans coming after her for "bullying" their poor innocent white queen, Sugar. This fandom is so annoying :ahh:

Suger and Spice have cute drag and they seem nice but that's where it ends for me tbh
The wigs not being properly laid in ep 1? Their costumes so far being two sides of the same coin for every runway? Yeah I just don't see the vision beyond cute outfits and nice makeup. They're gonna get in trouble once the 'you need to differenciate from your twin' critiques start cause I truly think they ust packed coordinating stuff :skull:

• ATRL Moderator

Well obviously Sugar and Spice are gonna have some explaining to do when they're asked how they are UNIQUE when there are literally two of them..... So I don't think they're winning material.

But I think the fandom is pleasantly surprised that they seem to have some charisma, nerve, and talent. Given their background, I think a lot of people expected them to have looks and that's it.

My only input is that saying, "Ugh, I'm bored" while coming out of a coffin is hilarious.

25 minutes ago, Cain said:

Suger and Spice have cute drag and they seem nice but that's where it ends for me tbh
The wigs not being properly laid in ep 1? Their costumes so far being two sides of the same coin for every runway? Yeah I just don't see the vision beyond cute outfits and nice makeup. They're gonna get in trouble once the 'you need to differenciate from your twin' critiques start cause I truly think they ust packed coordinating stuff :skull:

Tea, it's gonna get old quick. Literally the only difference is that Spice wears darker colors :rip:

10 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

My only input is that saying, "Ugh, I'm bored" while coming out of a coffin is hilarious.

I did love this bit :lmao:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.