RuPaul's Drag Race

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, feelslikeadream said:

Omg wait, I didn't even think of this. Much better plan! But then do you think that means one girl will be eliminated from each group of 7 at the end of the episode? That kind of sucks that their odds are going from 1:14 to 1:7 :chick2:

It's an effective way to herd out filler queens tbh, but yeah I feel bad for them if that's what they plan to do.  

Or maybe they'll pick a bottom 1 from each ep to lip sync? idk. 

• Replies 43.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Bimbo

• Rotunda

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Witchpop said:

(also sidenote, my ass would have had no idea who Maren Morris was if she walked back stage :toofunny2: )

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, madonnas said:

It's an effective way to herd out filler queens tbh, but yeah I feel bad for them if that's what they plan to do.  

Or maybe they'll pick a bottom 1 from each ep to lip sync? idk. 

But I don't think there are that many filler queens this season :monkey: idk, it just feels like this season is already on trend to be another good season like 14. I think the Drag Race nadir ended with season 13 :party: (but maybe I'm being too optimistic)

A bottom 1 from each ep seems like a fair way to do it, and honestly, I'd rather them drag out the season this way than having double shantays.

I wonder if Sugar & Spice will play ditzy characters for Snatch :gaycatina1:

The episode description for next week sounds like they will be split up but maybe still all in one episode? 

Ru serves up a double helping of the celebrity impersonation game show, with the queens playing in two rounds, with two different casts of characters. Amandla Stenberg (The Hate U Give) guest judges.

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, feelslikeadream said:

But I don't think there are that many filler queens this season :monkey: idk, it just feels like this season is already on trend to be another good season like 14. I think the Drag Race nadir ended with season 13 :party: (but maybe I'm being too optimistic)

A bottom 1 from each ep seems like a fair way to do it, and honestly, I'd rather them drag out the season this way than having double shantays.

I wonder if Sugar & Spice will play ditzy characters for Snatch :gaycatina1:

I personally don't think there are many filler queens but I do some queens being displayed as such (Poppy, who just left, Robin, Malaysia, Aura).  No hate against them personally that's just the narrative I think the show has set up for them.

5 minutes ago, Hector said:

My nightmare as a former retail worker!!

also does MTV really just play Ridiculousness for 22/24 hours every day and then they just happen to also have Drag Race on fridays ?????? :skull: i didn’t know MTV was down that bad , drag race really fit better on VH1 huh

I used to think Spice would be the twin that went further, but they’re clearly setting up some kind of mother-daughter storyline with Sugar and Mistress. Kind of perched for them to be the Bianca/Adore of the season. 

• ATRL Moderator
6 minutes ago, Both Sides Now said:

The episode description for next week sounds like they will be split up but maybe still all in one episode? 

Ru serves up a double helping of the celebrity impersonation game show, with the queens playing in two rounds, with two different casts of characters. Amandla Stenberg (The Hate U Give) guest judges.

If this happens, we're going to hear max 2 jokes from each queen in Snatch :deadbanana2:

4 minutes ago, madonnas said:

I personally don't think there are many filler queens but I do some queens being displayed as such (Poppy, who just left, Robin, Malaysia, Aura).  No hate against them personally that's just the narrative I think the show has set up for them.

I agree fully with the names you said, in terms of edit. That said, the only one I actually don't need to see around longer is Aura, who so far just seems like a hot man and that's it.

Poppy was such a waste of a spot, good riddance. 

• ATRL Moderator

I don't want to be dramatic, but I honestly think that she deserved Bottom 2 for this look alone, despite doing pretty well in the challenge. Like.... unacceptable. Please.

Everyone! Go to this link and write a complaint to MTV/Viacom about the shorter episode runtime. The more people we can get to do this, the more likely MTV and Paramount will pay attention.

Send your complaint to MTV/Paramount

Secondly, you can send an e-mail to Chris McCarthy who is the President and CEO of MTV at [email protected] to share your complaints with him.

• ATRL Moderator

Jax's look was like a dollar store version of a dollar store version of that one Daya Betty look last season.

I like Jax, I understand her POV as a drag queen, but she went on the show too early before she could perfect her craft and work on her makeup some more. 

Personally, if they were gonna do shorter episodes they should have tested it out on Paramount+ first (particularly with AS7 - that small cast with no drama didn’t need long episodes). It’s very obvious that this decision to cut down the episodes was very haphazard, cause the kinks haven’t been worked out.

3 minutes ago, Rotunda said:

Personally, if they were gonna do shorter episodes they should have tested it out on Paramount+ first (particularly with AS7 - that small cast with no drama didn’t need long episodes). It’s very obvious that this decision to cut down the episodes was very haphazard, cause the kinks haven’t been worked out.

Yeah, AS7 would’ve been perfect for 40 minutes. I had most episodes on in the background until it the challenge/runway because it sometimes dragged during the werk room banter/walkthroughs. 

I wonder if WOW knew they would only have 40 minutes this season prior to production. I feel they wouldn’t have cast 16 queens if they knew this :rip:

15 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

I don't want to be dramatic, but I honestly think that she deserved Bottom 2 for this look alone, despite doing pretty well in the challenge. Like.... unacceptable. Please.

Maybe we should be encouraging and supporting the chola cosplay because wtf was this.

26 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

This should have been an instant DQ like I said a few pages back, Lala's bag ball dress is better :toofunny2:

Jax bossing around and steaming rolling over Sugar then complaining about how she had to do everything :bibliahh: hope she's OUT tonight smh what an ugly character trait

Not these MTV episodes being as long as a Vine. :rip: 

I know Sugar had an easy character, but she was hilarious. I wish she had been in the Top 3, specially with Jax on the stage too. That would have been easy drama. 

And that neck crack?! :bibliahh: A meme has been born. 

23 minutes ago, Chamoy said:

Maybe we should be encouraging and supporting the chola cosplay because wtf was this.

Mother Mistress called it episode 1. 

Can someone start a petition to get Fake F*gs of WeHo cancelled/moved for longer Drag Race episodes? 

Watching now. All I can say is aww at the sugar and spice dynamic. When sugar was separated and spice says we aren’t together in a team but “we’re together.”  So cute. I want them to be pop stars now lol

who’s mad? They have so much charisma and they aren’t afraid to be themselves. It’s refreshing. I’ll take that over someone trying to be Ms thing but clone edition or fronting trying to be straight acting or whatever. 💀 :biblio:

3 hours ago, karron0624 said:

Snatch game already. Good luck aura cause i know she isnt going to do well. She struggled when she was practicing. 😭😭 

If aura goes home next week I’m jumping off my roof 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.