RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Make Your Own Kind of Rusic (f/ legendary lipsync)

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

• Replies 42.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

• ATRL Moderator
3 minutes ago, Witchpop said:

I think this was a major issue as to why people found the last few seasons boring. None of them had the ICONIC, HUGE, ENTERTAINING personalities the earlier seasons have, so to fill 90 minute time slots just made the episodes DRAG which in turn made them subpar.

This season actually seems to have bigger personalities than normal and seems like a return to form in a sense, but I'm not sure how 90 minutes would go with these queens.

(also sidenote, my ass would have had no idea who Maren Morris was if she walked back stage :toofunny2: )

I guess I'm okay sacrificing the shorter time now for the later episodes to run smooth and make sense.  It's not the worst decision ever

1 minute ago, khalyan said:

I guess I'm okay sacrificing the shorter time now for the later episodes to run smooth and make sense.  It's not the worst decision ever

I think this length would be perfect if they would get rid of the twenty 5 minute long commercial breaks. Drag Race should have 3 commercial breaks maximum at the 15 min intervals. An extra 5 minutes of content doesn't seem like much, but it allows for more fully fledged out runway and critiques/workroom moments

To me Luxx didn't even deserve to be on the top. I found Salina and Anetra better than her

I don’t think this episode being short was a disservice. The parts I usually tune out were cut: 

stupid mini challenge (~ 7 minutes) 

extended work room therapy session ( ~9 minutes)

terribly boring rehearsal where someone messed up over and over (~ 7 extra minutes)

Luxx or Loosey definitely should have won, but Sasha looked amazing on the runway so whatever. 

Kind of a weird episode… glad Poppy is gone considering her attitude in Untucked. Good for her being positive, but Mistress said exactly what I was thinking. Speaking of, Mistress is a STAR. Outspoken queen.

The short episodes are rough, idk how to feel about it yet. It’ll probably be better after a few eliminations.

17 minutes ago, Cheers said:

Princess Poopy is kinda cute out of drag. 

Serving Ben Shapiro, no ma’am 

You girls are delusional thinking anyone but Mother Colby deserved to win. Her part is literally the only thing anyone will remember from this challenge 2 weeks from now

sasha-colby-sasha.gif

sasha derserved the win for sure. i think the top 3 was correct, but i could've seen sugar sneaking in if her runway was better since she kinda carried her team dfkjk

bottom 3 im kinda surprised they didnt put jax in the bottom 2? the edit rlly lent itself to that happening but it just...didnt :skull:

can we talk about how incredible Loosey looked :jonny5:everything was on point, my favorite look of the season so far

Luxx and Spice also looked amazing

wonder if they’re ever gonna clock the dumb dumdumbmint twins for wearing the same wig over and over again or if they’ll get away with it because “ThEy’Re iN oN tHe JoKe :juanny:

• ATRL Moderator

Great episode, love the new length.  No more boring slow workroom scenes :jonny:

• ATRL Moderator

Amethyst gave us a good lip sync.  I would honestly say that poppy’s lip sync might go down as one of the worst of all time.  It was sacrelige.  

Damn, that was kind of a fake-out with Amethyst. I was sure it was ramping her up for elimination. Having said that, Poppy’s lip sync was so bad that Ru probably told the editors to remove her completely from episode 1 and 2 :rip:

Team 1 was definitely the best in concept and execution. They all should have been high.

I actually thought the concept of Team 3 was very solid it just needed to be a bit more clear. Sugar carried it. 

Team 2: boring, yawning, sloppy… lazy. 

Also, the talk between Mistress and Malaysia got me very emotional. Mistress being kicked out at 17 explains why she carries herself as an older queen. She’s been through a lot :cries:

Sasha's neck crack made me laugh more than anything else in the other videos. :lmao: The new Look Over There for me. Such a well deserved win for Sasha Colby :clap3:

Ru kept Amethyst as she kept the lipsync Diana all the way through. I think Ru would have liked Poppy's lipsync performance for almost any other song BUT Diana. If Amethyst ends up on the bottom for a third time in a row,  she's done unless the other performer is really bad. 

Next week's Snatch Game looks truly epic.  Perched for the Joan Rivers & Tim Gunn impersonations :duca:

• ATRL Moderator

I thought it was a good episode overall, but the RUSHED editing was sending me :lmao:

And now we're gonna see TWO snatch games in 40 minutes?! :deadbanana2::deadbanana2::deadbanana2::deadbanana2::deadbanana2::deadbanana2: Each runway is gonna be .8 seconds :deadbanana2:

1 hour ago, TheOnlyOne said:

You girls are delusional thinking anyone but Mother Colby deserved to win. Her part is literally the only thing anyone will remember from this challenge 2 weeks from now

sasha-colby-sasha.gif

I need the gifs of the neck crack all over this thread next week. Never fails to make me laugh anytime I see it :lmao:

Edited by Hector

• ATRL Moderator

When Poppy started to do Burpees on the stage :deadbanana:OMG that was so bad, I will be thinking about it for ages. 

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, feelslikeadream said:

And now we're gonna see TWO snatch games in 40 minutes?! :deadbanana2::deadbanana2::deadbanana2::deadbanana2::deadbanana2::deadbanana2: Each runway is gonna be .8 seconds :deadbanana2:

I'm going to assume ep4 will be snatch game with 7 queens and ep5 will be another snatch with the other 7 queens. 

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, TheOnlyOne said:

sasha-colby-sasha.gif

Agree.

Like, the two other high placements were fine but really were high cuz of their runways lol.  Why bother with anything else when the winner is so clear and deserved? 

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, madonnas said:

I'm going to assume ep4 will be snatch game with 7 queens and ep5 will be another snatch with the other 7 queens. 

Omg wait, I didn't even think of this. Much better plan! But then do you think that means one girl will be eliminated from each group of 7 at the end of the episode? That kind of sucks that their odds are going from 1:14 to 1:7 :chick2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.