RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Make Your Own Kind of Rusic (f/ legendary lipsync)

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

Just finished the episodes these are my thoughts:

-Irene being the first out gagged me but she lost fair and square and did the absolute worst this episode :skull:

-The Twins did suprisingly decent for being social media queens but they clearly wont see the finale lol :fan: 

-Sasha did fine but got majorly outshined this episode hopefully she isn’t gonna flop like her daughter Kerri Colby :coffee2:

-Anetra was the standout this episode and murdered all these other queens! :clap3:

-I’m liking Malaysia and Misstress quite a lot and they are bringing us high drag while dragging these baby queens :fan: 

-Luxx and Aura are kinda dissapointing me cause I expected them to come a lot harder this episode based on their cockiness :skull:

-Marcia and Jax suprised me and they were definitely deserved in the top this week :smitten:

-Princess Poppy’s performance was cute but she’s giving me filler queen atm :skull: 

-Robin Fierce honestly served looks this entire episode and a killer performance! I’m hoping that she can act and be funny too :smitten2:

-Selina Estitties is hilarious but I see why some find her annoying tbh. Also her looks are kinda weak and her show was meh too :huh:

-Amethyst and Loosey Laduca flopped this episode and I highkey wanted a threeway lipsync cause I highkey dont see it for them :ahh:

• Replies 42.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, G.U.Y. Gaga said:

Imagine being mad that a drag queen lipsyncs 

If anything they need to get rid of the Talent Show, or leave it for AS. The queens are competing on a drag show, not AGT. It’s not as if all of them can readily juggle, breathe fire, do acrobatics, etc :dies:  what the hell does she expect them to do

• ATRL Moderator

I agree with the talent show being primarily for AS, and maybe for the finale of regular seasons.  But in the beginning of a regular season it’s kinda weird because we don’t know any of the girls so the original songs don’t really click and yeah, unless you did ballet/tae kwon do/cheer your whole life it’s hard to bring an original talent to the show.  

Plus, the first time on Drag Race is always so expensive so having to pay someone to make you a one minute song of yourself is additional expenses that some queens might not have. 

imagine anetra did that on finale, it would be game over

My current Top 4:

Anetra

Sasha Colby

Spice

Mistress Isabelle Brooks

The variety show is literally the best showcase of a drag show, more than any other challenge there's ever been. Half the challenges on this show aren't even applicable to any queens career, and the variety show 100% is. They have 1 minute to show the judges/world what a show of theirs is like. It's the only challenge where queens can show themselves fully, too. They're forced to be comedic on Snatch Game, acting, improv challenges, or fashionable on design/balls but the variety show is pretty much the only challenge they can do exactly what they want or what they're known for with little to no confines. 

It definitely shouldn't go anywhere especially because Pythia, a queen who CAN'T lipsync to save her life and is essentially just a bedroom queen herself, says so. SO glad that overrated flop lost season 2 of Canada as she deserved despite somehow being the fan fave. Even Kenny Gen is better and that's really saying something. 

My overall ranking of the queens after this premiere:

Best:

1. Anetra 

2. Jax

3. Marcia Marcia Marcia

4. Robin Fierce

Good:

4. Misstress

5. Sasha Colby

6. Princess Poppy

7. Malaysia Babydoll Fox

OK:

9. Spice

10. Sugar

11. Salina Estitties

12. Luxx Noir London 

Bad:

13. Aura Mayari

14. Amethyst

15. Loosey Laduca

16. Irene Dubois

If the twins can act it’s over for the other girls because those runways were stunning :jonny6:

Anetra/Jax/Sugar/Spice/Mistress/Princess Poppy/Sasha really stood out for me. 

Well, they can at least lip sync to an original track which belongs to them. They'll have plenty of chances to lipsync to the hits. Original track numbers have always been the best numbers.

13 minutes ago, TheOnlyOne said:

The variety show is literally the best showcase of a drag show, more than any other challenge there's ever been. Half the challenges on this show aren't even applicable to any queens career, and the variety show 100% is. They have 1 minute to show the judges/world what a show of theirs is like. It's the only challenge where queens can show themselves fully, too. They're forced to be comedic on Snatch Game, acting, improv challenges, or fashionable on design/balls but the variety show is pretty much the only challenge they can do exactly what they want or what they're known for with little to no confines. 

It definitely shouldn't go anywhere especially because Pythia, a queen who CAN'T lipsync to save her life and is essentially just a bedroom queen herself, says so. SO glad that overrated flop lost season 2 of Canada as she deserved despite somehow being the fan fave. Even Kenny Gen is better and that's really saying something. 

!!! I completely agree :clap3:

a talent show gives the queen a chance to show off her version of drag to the best of her ability and is a perfect introduction to their drag character to the show :jonny: 

We need the talent show to stay for the regular seasons :smitten:

I kind of liked this version of a split premier more than what we have seen in the past. Although I felt like there were too many queens for a talent show all in one episode.

I don't think the judging was rigged at all for once which was nice. Correct top three, correct winner, correct bottom three, correct lip sync winner. I'm sad Irene went because she was one of the most fun personalities on the show and she is obviously talented but she totally flopped this episode and her talent show was the worst one by far 

Some thoughts on the queens. 

* Sasha is such a legend it did kind of feel she took a back seat this episode but then nothing she did was bad. Her performance was great but I think it suffered from them not having as much time, that performance would really slay in a more low key setting but you need to go bigger and punchier for something like this. 

* I like the twins somehow. I didn't think i would because they are annoying and i'm not really a fan of their looks/aesthetic. They aren't untalented though and I found their annoying behavior kind of endearing. 

* Mistress is hilarious and she seems to have that shady but not a horrible person character down. I'm hoping she will be loved and not made into a villain. 

* Marcia and Jax are the queens who you didn't expect to be this talented. Like Wow both their performances were amazing. 

* Anetra atm is giving winner but it is only the premier so let's see if she can keep momentum. 

* I think people are being hard on Lux. She's young and her talent show was not bad plus she was much less shady in untucked, you can tell the shady persona is something she's chosing to exaggerate. 

atm the main characters seem to be Anetra, Mistress, Sasha, Luxx, the twins, Marcia ane Irene before she left. So I'm assuming the twins won't make it to the end so it will probably be between the others unless someone is a dark horse or something. Anyway I'm hyped for this season. 

6 minutes ago, Bicassie said:

My overall ranking of the queens after this premiere:

Best:

1. Anetra 

2. Jax

3. Marcia Marcia Marcia

4. Robin Fierce

Good:

4. Misstress

5. Sasha Colby

6. Princess Poppy

7. Malaysia Babydoll Fox

OK:

9. Spice

10. Sugar

11. Salina Estitties

12. Luxx Noir London 

Bad:

13. Aura Mayari

14. Amethyst

15. Loosey Laduca

16. Irene Dubois

Kii, why is she on the goods list. She only walked around the stage and someone put a crown on her head. Her show was very bland, on the bottom 5 for me with your other 4.

Just now, Afferty said:

Kii, why is she on the goods list. She only walked around the stage and someone put a crown on her head. Her show was very bland, on the bottom 5 for me with your other 4.

I’m talking premiere not only performances…

The performance was definitely her weakness :fan: 

Just now, Bicassie said:

I’m talking premiere not only performances…

The performance was definitely her weakness :fan: 

Oh okay :lakitu:

1 minute ago, Afferty said:

Oh okay :lakitu:

and mind you i put her lowest on the good tier, bordering on OK overall :fan:

Marcia surprised me the most tbh. I expected her to be cute little girl but she is very talented! Her dancing was very on point. 

1 minute ago, Bicassie said:

and mind you i put her lowest on the good tier, bordering on OK overall :fan:

Well I think it is very early to rank queen's overall package :eli: and even though Orene was the worst on the episode, I would still put her above some of the other queens, because it seemed like she was just having a bad day :eli:

I think everyone is underestimating Loosey so far. She's a professional, 10+ years in and experience hosting. I think she'll do good in the comedy challenges etc, the show likes queens like that. Also her looks were really well constructed.

I agree that the talent show is a good way to know these queens and let them do whatever, but from a viewer standpoint it's a bit tiring seeing one original track after the other. I thought that section was the weakest part of a great premiere minus the obvious standouts. What I DID think worked was them meeting for the first time and having them choreograph the number, throwing them in a situation like that is bound to cause (somewhat) organic drama and good TV

2 minutes ago, Afferty said:

Well I think it is very early to rank queen's overall package :eli: and even though Orene was the worst on the episode, I would still put her above some of the other queens, because it seemed like she was just having a bad day :eli:

You are probably right but these ranks are solely based on these premiere episodes/first impressions…

Miss Irene bombed really hard and also flopped in the lipsync since she barely knew the words….yeah sure she might have had an off day but how many others before her got chopper first on off days? Miss Kelly Mantle is a great example tbh 

As usual the one or two contestants who dare to do comedy flop :toofunny2: just stick to dance routines and hope to blend with the rest… 

Luxx is fierce but she’s getting such a negative edit already. 

2 minutes ago, Mr.Link said:

As usual the one or two contestants who dare to do comedy flop :toofunny2: just stick to dance routines and hope to blend with the rest… 

Luxx is fierce but she’s getting such a negative edit already. 

I think Luxx and Aura are severly delusional and probably won't last long at all :skull:

These girls are so gonna struggle with acting and comedy + they already got outperformed by some of the queens :ahh:

atp i can even see sugar and spice outlasting those two :fan:

Y'all sleeping on my girl Loosey when she brings it in her shows. She just had 1 bad night :foxaylove2:

• ATRL Moderator

I’d rather have Lucy vs Amethyst bottom two, shady because of the Connecticut connection, and a double elimination.  They did too much on Irene. 

Too many cast members for me to try and care, but Anetra was :heart:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.