RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Make Your Own Kind of Rusic (f/ legendary lipsync)

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

10 hours ago, Scandalous said:

AHHH SO PROUD OF MY HARDWARE GIRLIE JAX :jonny6: i saw her shows a few times over the summer and she’s such a brilliant performer. hopefully she can have a Jorgeous type run (i don’t think she’s a look queen at all so i worry for her in fashion challenges)

It’s actually disadvantages to be well known sometimes. We were watching and when Jax did all her backflips we were like cool. The same gig you do every Sunday at Monarch.

hahaha but not gonna lie the first time I saw her at Monarch I screamed and tipped! One of my friends even said “if you hadn’t seen this before, you’d say she was slaying it”. And I said yea but I ALSO saw this in season 2 from Kylie Sonique.

but still hoping Jax does well. I just need her to fill out that upper lip! I’m actually loving all the CT queens, I think it’s hilarious and random to have a CT heavy season haha.

also- FIRST queen from Miami?! What’s up with that? Either WoW are bitter LA queens who think they’re too good for Miami casting….or the Miami queens have been turning them down???

• Replies 42.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Life Savers said:

And then "you girls... look good" :bibliahh:

No it’s the “I didn’t quite cough like a man” that had me screaming and choking :deadbanana2:

10 hours ago, Chamoy said:

Mistress, Sasha, Anetra and Robin feel like pre Season 7 contestants, I stan.

Aura, Salina and Amethyst have already overstayed their welcome.

MepozyZ.gif

this is the tea

Amethyst doing the charli-caroline polachek gif during Anetra's performance keeps sending me

I understand why people aren’t feeling Salina but I’m kind of living so far. She was annoying af in the MTQ but idk, she did connect with me on this episode. I can see her killing an improv challenge.

Luxx has the perfect amount of delusion and overconfidence I love to see. 

Anetra is a WINNER. Loved her in and out of the challenge. 

Misteess is a DRAG queen so I love her for that, she’ll definitely teach these girls a thing or two, but I haven’t connected with her entirely yet.

Loosey really does have the voice of a cis gender woman, Bob was right :skull: 

Amethyst looks just like Jack Antonoff in the confessional look.

I loved Irene but she was eliminated fair and square. I like that production didn’t try to save her unfairly. 

If someone who wasn’t Sasha did Sasha’s talent show, I’m pretty sure it would get no praise at all. It wasn’t bad, but considering this is Sasha Colby, I expected more. I’m sure she’ll bring more later, but for now, I’m whelmed.

Malaysia is kind of annoying.

Sugar and Spice are endearingly stupid and bimbofied. I can’t see them making it far but the shower cap moment from Spice was :ahh: I preferred Sugar’s talent show to Spice’s but obviously neither slayed lol.

Jax had a great talent show but the drag is not there for me. Very bricky.

Aura is hot in and out of drag but the talent show was bad. Like others said, I’d probably put her bottom over Loosey. 

Marcia had a good talent but she needs to elevate her drag ASAP. Unlike Dakota S., her light makeup is TOO light and isn’t complementing her much at all. Dakota served delicate WOMAN while Marcia is definitely giving middle school girl putting on makeup for the first time for sure. 

Robin seems incredibly sweet and I see her being the Miss Congeniality of the season. She kind of gives me Jaida from S12 teas. 

Poppy’s talent show was actually really good imo, I liked it. She’s kind of flying under the radar right now though, so she needs to step it up just a bit. She kind of reminds me of Orion but more fierce.

All in all, solid group of girls. I feel like a lot of them are more experienced than others so it’ll be an interesting dynamic. 

54 minutes ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

I just checked her IG and sorry, shes not a good dancer nor performer. She should take more lessons before she Labels herself a "dancer"

Hardcore disagree. But yall wait and see. She is taking girl groups and the rusical, bookmark me. The only thing i’m really worried about is snatch game and an acting challenge.

Nah Anetra is instantly iconic.

"Is that...my *****? YES." :flame: That part was soooooooooo gooooooooooood.

Loved Marcia as well. What a great first episode. 

Anetra killed it :clap3: A deserved winner for sure

Marsha really decided to weaponize her BFA and I'm kinda living for it? Liking her self-awareness upon entrance and overall she's fun to watch

Really liked Sasha, Robin, Jax, Poppy and Luxx too. I was worried about Luxx after MTQ and the preview clip but her performance was stellar

Loosey :dancehall: I was hoping she would bring it, same with Irene. Sucks that Irene went first, she was quite interesting and I liked her shadiness, at least she's got that moment going on for her. I'd prefer her to stay over Amethyst

The twins both did nice numbers tbh, I'd say I liked Sugar a bit more

Aura is kind of annoying to me already

Overall it's a great premiere, great cast imo. The premiere was a bit messy though, Group 2 not getting to meet Ariana and then getting merged with Group 1, out of drag, who have almost done their choreo... choices :skull: I think Season 12 had the best split premiere, they need to stick to that

Anetra was fabulous! So glad she won. First thing I said when I saw her is, “her aesthetic reminds me of Detox” but with her own spin on it.

I didn’t think I would be a fan of Irene but I absolutely loved her. She was so shady and funny in the werkroom and confessionals. She definitely would have been entertaining during the season, and I did not get first out vibes from her.

I feel like there are too many other queens and my thoughts are all over the place, but Salina is very annoying and can go. Bye! :gaycat5:

Irene is such a  good talking head, I am now interested in keeping her around. Is she friends with Rose? Those girls always are smart/funny, not Jan, but you get it!

Anetra can have me anyday, and also, "*****, RuPauls Waterboarding Race" took me out. :deadbanana2: Imagina Alyssa waterboarding someone for secrets? What a concept.

The way I would EAT Aura... like.... omg.... my literal ideal guy, able to be a hot man and in touch with his fem side, unlock ur full potential in 2023 kings/queens. :heart:

Luxx is clearly the breakout icon, the social media fans will love her delusional lovability because bad ******* have nerve!

--

Selena Estetties (toot) - What a way to make a quick PERSONAL statement about your drag, this is originality, the look is a ******* serve if u get it! She is also funny and smart, I cant wait to see how she does, I bet Ru will live for her. 

Amethyst (boot) - This is what I imagine reading a book about drag and then getting cast on drag race looks like. She belongs in Canada.

Jax - (permanent boot) - no to the drag, but the man is :heart2: boyfriend material!!!!!!

Loosey - (toot) - loveable, can see her doing well! This ***** BETTER do Erica Jane for the Snatch Game.

Mistress (shoot) - MOTHERFUCKING YES - I knew the kitten heel was constructed for her safety, and it looks custom too! She is going to SERVE I fear! Painted for the GODSSSSSSSS! Texas girls dont play. The read to Selena made me like her even more. :deadbanana4: Her confessional look is also gorg! 

Robin (toot) - Cute, but I will small details can ruin a stellar look and that outfit is a 10. Mistress pointed it out perfectly, those little things can ruin a look, the makeup also needs a bit of work. My bar for black beauty in drag is always gonna be Jaida because she was literally a 10/10 face, body, and makeup skills and looked like a walking drag doll on S12. Her entrance look is probably the best of all time tbh, so the bar is high when you look anything like her imo.

Sugar & Spice (toot) - HIgh concept Bratz dolls, if you can sell it, sell it well, it WILL work. If they're smart enough to be versatile, but true to their aesthetic they could go far, I see an Adore like storyline, I don't think they go past top 6 though. They're very polished! The bits are gonna over well with Ru, she loves prep, she loves a classic joke used well, this will be interesting! We must see if they can perform!!! 

I honestly do like the idea of the social media girls vs. the working tenured queens as it's not something I've seen from the seasons I've watched and provides for a fresher narrative. I think this is a good cast but I'm still sooooo worn out from the past year's main and All Stars seasons being a ******* chore to get through, so I don't think I'll be continuing :deadbanana4: 

I liked Luxx and Anetra gobbled up the talent show so bad :clap3: I feel like for newbies it was a good mix of amazing to car crash bad, which makes for good TV

Aura gets one more chance but she’s serving in fierce just cause I have muscles lol 

that talent show was kind of bottom worthy 

• ATRL Moderator

I love Luxx but I think her talent show was LOW worthy.  It was just a mess.  

The shower cap.....................

girl

Writing all this as I watch btw, so I dont know how the runway or challenge went yet.

On wow presents the episodes time stamp is 1 hour, is it longer?

16 minutes ago, Iceland said:

On wow presents the episodes time stamp is 1 hour, is it longer?

It’s one premier split over two episodes at 1 hour each.

I think every ep after that will be 45 minutes

Also I can’t believe group 1 got a cute Arianacia reveal, but group 2 literally got Vivacious and it was so awkward :redface: they got her to say like 2 catchphrases then kicked her ass off :dies:

35 minutes ago, G.U.Y. Gaga said:

Aura gets one more chance but she’s serving in fierce just cause I have muscles lol 

that talent show was kind of bottom worthy 

I here for her delusional villian edit though, which she confirmed she could possibly get. 👀👀

Anyways, lets see which girls can act for next weeks challenge! At least with 16 girls and 16 episodes, someone has to go home each week, and we may end up with a top two finale for the first time since season 3! With this big of a cast and that many episodes, a double shantay has to be baked into the episode count though. I wonder who is going to get it. If its the condiment twins i will 🤮.

Anetra, Sasha, and Mistress are my faves so far. Really like Sugar, Spice, Poppy, Marcia, and Robin too.

I am living for the social media vs club queens battle. It's a classic thing and BOTH sides are right.

I take my critique about Robin back, her makeup skills are good, her skin is just bad. She IS that girl, so it's cool! Finalist vibes so far.

This season is so good thus far! 

Cute performances from the first few, but why tf is Lucy singing live? Girl, WTF? Um. She must have MC herself in her head.

Robin doing a lot of moving and not a lot of PERFORMING.

Irene looks AMAZING.... like AMAZING in the challenge! She knows how to paint for the stage. That said, send her home, cause WTF was that ****? Like......

Anetra DID NOT COME TO PLAY! 

Sugar and Spice both needed to slow those tracks down, they're good, but too fast and make it a bit harder to follow with ease for the average listener. 

Poppys idea wass cute, but you can lipsych for a ******* puppet sis, like ur already lipping urself? Duh

Salinas performance wasnt tight enough, sorry.

I could tell by the time Amethyst turned the corner, Ru was over the "different white girl" concept and was immediately annoyed. She isnt really funny enough like Ben De La Creme to sell a performance like that.

Aura.... LOL... lmao

Sasha Colby showed how to sell a minimal performance with maximum effort, it was believable.

Jax ate.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.