RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Make Your Own Kind of Rusic (f/ legendary lipsync)

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

Also if moving to MTV means no Wednesday Act 1 sneak peeks, they can move it right back to VH1

c3yj0vvwm3aa1.png?width=320&crop=smart&a

• Replies 42.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, TheOnlyOne said:

She had the most satisfying winner's arc for sure but she's still a flop and one of the worst winners ever. Yes she has more challenges than most with her illness but that doesn't change the fact that her only talent is being white and quirky, which is enough to get this fandom to root for you. It's not like she's incapable of work/performing, she's still on the S14 tour that's just...all she does. Because the 14 cast has nothing special about them beyond being bar queens who's career ceiling is a Voss tour or Drag Race Live.

Again, I’m not defending her style of drag as the qUiRkY queens rarely do it for me. But it’s ignorant to think Willow can be flying around the country to book appearances with long days in drag when she is chronically ill. There are huge challenges for disabled people that mean they can’t be on a red carpet for 14 hours one day then hop on a plane to perform in a different city the next.

I’m not a fan of Yvie either but I agreed with her wholeheartedly that AS7 should have spotlighted her struggles as a disabled person. If it’s exhausting to tour for a medically-well person, it can be impossible for a disabled person. 

Besides, it seems you’re not a fan of Willow so why do you care if she’s a flop? :rip: Just to prove a point that S13 was better? It still wasn’t. 

Edited by Both Sides Now

Like do y’all realise that most people with cystinosis die before they pass their 40s (including Willow’s own sister)?

If all you can boil her popularity down to “she’s white and quirky” then I’m guessing you have a very ignorant understanding of chronic illness. Having lost someone who fought through their own chronic illness, Willow’s run on the show was extremely impressive. Probably more impressive than any drag race girl. She is a positive depiction of what disabled people are still capable of which is very rare to see. 

Maybe her story isn’t meant for you - and you’re lucky if it isn’t. 

Edited by Both Sides Now

18 minutes ago, Both Sides Now said:

Like do y’all realise that most people with cystinosis die before they pass their 40s (including Willow’s own sister)?

If all you can boil her popularity down to “she’s white and quirky” then I’m guessing you have a very ignorant understanding of chronic illness. Having lost someone who fought through their own chronic illness, Willow’s run on the show was extremely impressive. Probably more impressive than any drag race girl. She is a positive depiction of what disabled people are still capable of which is very rare to see. 

You spilled 

I don’t really rush to **** on 13 anymore mainly cause it does a lot of stuff well:

- Some of the best looks ever

- Some strong lip syncs 

- A very strong winner 

- Phenomenon & Lucky as strong songs 

- Actual drama 

It was just overproduced to hell and back (both by the queens and by production). If Kandy’s ass left when she should have, would be a fine season. 

S13 also would have been the perfect time to dispense with the LSFTC. Covid was still making for a trash finale, and nobody wanted to see Symone, Mik, and Rosé lip sync again. 

Edited by Rotunda

• ATRL Moderator

daya would've had a satisfying winner's arc had she deservedly won catwalk. eliminated first week and safe for the first half of the competition to being in the top almost every week towards the end, having two wins, a top two placement, and winning a lipsync against the person who sent her home (granted it's one of the worst lipsyncs of all time). get rid of that undeserved low for the panels challenge too and give it to camden (who deserved it anyway) and she has a solid winner's track record and storyline

I thought S12 was high tier when it first came out but I watched it back a few months ago and I honestly wasn’t great on rewatch. Jaida and Heidi are the only two girls from the season I care about 

42 minutes ago, Unoriginal said:

daya would've had a satisfying winner's arc had she deservedly won catwalk. eliminated first week and safe for the first half of the competition to being in the top almost every week towards the end, having two wins, a top two placement, and winning a lipsync against the person who sent her home (granted it's one of the worst lipsyncs of all time). get rid of that undeserved low for the panels challenge too and give it to camden (who deserved it anyway) and she has a solid winner's track record and storyline

spilled :clap3: 

1 hour ago, Both Sides Now said:

:clap3:

Wow some of the comments about Willow are DISGUSTING. 

That last sentence is perfect.   

Now that's how you end an ignorant b****.

pig capitalist mama ru really said give them less for more. 5 mins. 

#inflation #sufferpoors :redface:

16 hours ago, madonnas said:

At least the braindead TikTok Instagram queens give us good runways and good looks.  There’s what, two toots combined from Ella, Rose, and Jan’s runway packages? 

Now hold on, Rose had a few moments.

556pn19uzvb61.png?width=640&crop=smart&a

0_2A.jpg

1_0094_4.jpg

Didn't see it for Irene but she was shady and funny

Luxx came across as very annoying :rip:

• ATRL Moderator
3 minutes ago, satellites.™ said:

Now hold on, Rose had a few moments.

the vamp look is fine and the other two are hideous please :deadbanana:

not feeling irene at all

luxx's confessional look is a shoot

aura lovely

marcia no reaction at all

3 > 2 > 5 > 9 > 6 > 4 > 7 > 1 > 8

>>>>>>>>>>
10 > 11 > 14 = 13 > 12

bring back evil drag queens

spacer.png

:clap3: 

I don’t care for Willow too much as a winner, but her story is undeniably admirable. I joke about her being boring and sleepy but the comments in here are starting to border on ableist, if not already there. Thanks for pointing this out, it helped to remind me to be more respective and cognitive of the struggles people with chronic illness face, a portion of the population that are often forgotten about and cast aside. 

What is this revisionist history that S14 didn’t have good lipsyncs? I’d even say it was, on average, better than S13 in runways. The finale had some of the best looks from the top 5 we’ve ever seen, with fairly solid looks for the duration of the season, while S13 leaned on Utica, Symone and Mik because Kandy was walking around in ugly bald alien costumes, Denali and Rose were serving man in every runway, Tina was assaulting our visual senses with a forced orange/red/yellow color scheme, Elliott was serving pedestrian drag every runway, Lala, love her, served the WORST LOOK in drag race history and also had tears in her runway outfits, like :rip: I don’t think S14 was a runway season by any means, but to say S13 was is ignoring the fact that half the cast looked busted every week. :skull: Kahmora could have turned some looks but she was gone in 1 episode. 

Likewise, what S13 lipsyncs were really that good besides Denali’s first two and Elliott vs Lala? If that’s the standard we’re holding lipsyncs to, then there are very, very few good lipsync seasons. Maybe you could argue some of Symone’s and Utica’s were good, but then that means My Head & My Heart, Don’t Let Go, One Way or Another, Fallin’, Water Me, Suga Mama, Something’s Got A Hold On Me, Never Too Much, Swept Away, and Radio must also be pretty good, otherwise it’s giving delusion. I really don’t get the lipsync hate for S14… it’s really not bad at all. 

Not to mention, there are no challenges in S13 better than Moulin Ru. Nothing even comes close. In fact, there are no episodes in S13 that are remotely as good as that episode was from start to finish. 

And one last thing, you can’t really say Jaida and Heidi are the only competent and talented girls from S12. Gigi was annoying af and her payola was absolutely frustrating, but she’s undeniably very talented. Her and Symone are basically foils of one another. Gigi can sew, do wigs, perform a bit better (rusical, girl groups), Symone edges her out slightly in comedy and has oodles more charisma, but Gigi really isn’t a talentless white girl, she can do some good things and would have been a fine winner if not for the fact Jaida is a legend and her receiving undeserved payola during the season. Certainly much better than the sad circus clown. 

not Marcia cubed literally admitting to weaponizing her BFA :bibliahh: i’m HOWLING

I'm digging the vibe for S15 so far based off this sneak preview. Also I'm obsessed with the new filming angle. It feels so cinematic especially when focusing on their heels lol 

Omg Aura is unnecessarily hot, I’m foaming at the mouth :jonny5: Very pretty in drag too!

Loving Luxx so far, she gives me ditzy villain which I am HERE for. Also gorgeous.

I wasn’t feeling Irene in the MTQ, but she reminds me of Maddy in this preview which I like. 

Marcia is already a little annoying and her admitting to the BFA is a nail in the coffin. Still, I like her aesthetic and the fact she mentioned Ari makes me think she’s winning the episode for storyline. 

Luxx is gonna give us what we NEED

Luxx looks like if Symoné and Willow had a child …. and those are two winners so

Aura is hot but …. that’s a man Maury :toofunny3: 

21 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

What is this revisionist history that S14 didn’t have good lipsyncs? I’d even say it was, on average, better than S13 in runways. The finale had some of the best looks from the top 5 we’ve ever seen, with fairly solid looks for the duration of the season, while S13 leaned on Utica, Symone and Mik because Kandy was walking around in ugly bald alien costumes, Denali and Rose were serving man in every runway, Tina was assaulting our visual senses with a forced orange/red/yellow color scheme, Elliott was serving pedestrian drag every runway, Lala, love her, served the WORST LOOK in drag race history and also had tears in her runway outfits, like :rip: I don’t think S14 was a runway season by any means, but to say S13 was is ignoring the fact that half the cast looked busted every week. :skull: Kahmora could have turned some looks but she was gone in 1 episode. 

I mean you say S13 leaned on Symone, Gottmik, and Utica for looks but S14 has nobody on the season that was touching their level of consistently strong runways. And the only options for S14’s look queens were the first two out. Yes, Willow and some of the other girls often had smart concepts, but they weren’t executed well on the main stage. Yes, Angeria had some regal fashions but she also had some horrifically ugly misses. Bosco was also simultaneously being praised for her looks by half the fans, while the other half were noting that she essentially wore the same thing 3 times. 

Lala had an all-time bad constructed look no doubt, but Utica also has the strongest constructed look of the VH1 era at a minimum. I mean, compare what Utica put on the table next to what Camden served. Couture vs. Crafts. 

Beyond that, S14 doesn’t have a single runway as strong as the S13 Trains runway. 

And Tina may have been a runway flop, but I’d argue she’s essentially on the same level of Deja Skye (who thought she was serving as a seamstress). 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.