RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Make Your Own Kind of Rusic (f/ legendary lipsync)

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

• Replies 42.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Afferty said:

Why is there no promo this year? Where is entertainment weekly videos etc?

Just this in robes for some reason

The difference between the BFA girls and Sugar/Spice/Nina/Tamisha is that the latter come across as authentically themselves. That’s what Drag Race seems to lack these days. Yes, everyone loves a drag queen’s drag queen (I mean, we do have Sasha this season anyways so) but what people really like is authenticity. 

For that reason, I don’t really see the argument that Sugar and Spice and BFA girls go into the same category. 

5 hours ago, bestfiction said:

Well Kandy was the one who confirmed that the person Mik was talking about is Elliott :michael:

3 hours ago, HotFriedChicken said:

Kandy was the one who put Elliott's name out there in the first place, KNOWING she'd get hate from the fans :skull:

Kandi is a manipulative egomaniac that will do or say anything to get ahead of anyone and i wouldn't expect   certain gays in this fandom with little to no life experiences, to see that.  The way she brought up the "micro aggression" moment was just too garner brownie points and to pivot any and all negativity away from her.

In Kandi's self preserving mind she thought, "Look at Elliot, who is possibly racist.  That's worse then whatever you could ever call me." To the viewer, nothing Kandi could ever do would ever be as vile as just having a racist. (Or sexual predators) She's not dumb. I've always known she was that girl from day one.  She constantly name drops Denali and cast, thinking it adds value to her  words. I've said it before, in a room full of weak beta bttms, Kandi the dom-alpha was always going to dominate narratives. To avoid conflicts,everyone just casually went along for the ride. This is why Tamisha was the one for me that season.  A true g. 

Edited by manwhore

• ATRL Moderator
17 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

The difference between the BFA girls and Sugar/Spice/Nina/Tamisha is that the latter come across as authentically themselves. That’s what Drag Race seems to lack these days. Yes, everyone loves a drag queen’s drag queen (I mean, we do have Sasha this season anyways so) but what people really like is authenticity. 

For that reason, I don’t really see the argument that Sugar and Spice and BFA girls go into the same category. 

For me they fit the same box as the BFA queens because both of them turned to drag for fame and not really because drag is something that’s their passion.  

I could be wrong about Sugar and Spice though and I won’t really know until the season.  

1 hour ago, manwhore said:

Kandi is a manipulative egomaniac that will do or say anything to get ahead of anyone and i wouldn't expect   certain gays in this fandom with little to no life experiences, to see that.  The way she brought up the "micro aggression" moment was just too garner brownie points and to pivot any and all negativity away from her.

In Kandi's self preserving mind she thought, "Look at Elliot, who is possibly racist.  That's worse then whatever you could ever call me." To the viewer, nothing Kandi could ever do would ever be as vile as just having a racist. (Or sexual predators) She's not dumb. I've always known she was that girl from day one.  She constantly name drops Denali and cast, thinking it adds value to her  words. I've said it before, in a room full of weak beta bttms, Kandi the dom-alpha was always going to dominate narratives. To avoid conflicts,everyone just casually went along for the ride. This is why Tamisha was the one for me that season.  A true g. 

She needed a scapegoat for one of the worst runs on rpdr history and that story was too perfect to pass on :michael:

I'm still waiting for a branding challenge for a queen to do a Fantana commercial. The way they had a whole soft drink challenge and no one thought of that. 

S&S are so funny in a refreshing way. So is Mistress. Compare them to the Bosco/Trixie'd tumblr humor of Amethyst or Irene it's like night and day. I'm sure they'll be great television :jonny:

1 hour ago, manwhore said:

Not gonna lie, you spilled here. Kandy is insufferable, but smart. To think that people actually took her side instead of Tamisha's after the Untucked fight is kinda wild, she was dead wrong for that.

1 hour ago, Relampago. said:

Not u lumping in the fame obsessed influencers that will be over drag in 5 years time with the actual drag queens when the point was that y’all switch up on who u send ur online vitriol to depending on which ones get yalls lil peckers going :skull: talk about missing the point sis

“Authentically themselves” girl how literally every question each of them would answer in the promos came across so forced and try-hard …… they probably got the questions in advance and that’s STILL the best they could come up with :skull: 

u can tell neither of those hoes have held a mic at a drag night before. They didn’t have to struggle to get bookings at a sh*tty dive bar they just had to post tik toks with their boy selves kicking a shoe and getting glammed up and y’all naturally creamed ur pants over it and started slurping up the pickle juice yet again :skull: no one is saying y’all can’t like them but let’s not play dumb about what their appeal is please

12 minutes ago, qurl said:

Not u lumping in the fame obsessed influencers that will be over drag in 5 years time with the actual drag queens when the point was that y’all switch up on who u send ur online vitriol to depending on which ones get yalls lil peckers going :skull: talk about missing the point sis

Well, I am a user known for constantly dragging the white twinks in this thread. I have a bias against girls like that, and yet Sugar and Spice are resonating with me for some reason, as they are with others who normally feel the same as me as well. It’s got nothing to do with sexual attraction, at least for me, otherwise I’d be praising Smella Vaday or Joey Jay in this thread. Likewise, lots of people are resonating with them and I just explained why I think that’s the case. I’m not gonna be on the Sugar and Spice defense squad, but there is a clear difference to me between the people who like them versus the BFA queens in the past. Additionally, me liking them is definitely not the same as respecting them in the same way I respect Tamisha, Sasha, Nina, etc. To me, they’re just himbo white twinks that make me ki, unlike BFA and other white twink cast members in the past and it doesn’t feel forced to me.

There’s no need to get upset by the way, we’re just talking. 

1 hour ago, khalyan said:

For me they fit the same box as the BFA queens because both of them turned to drag for fame and not really because drag is something that’s their passion.  

I could be wrong about Sugar and Spice though and I won’t really know until the season.  

I think that’s fair. I just find them substantially less annoying than girls like Jan, Rose, Ella, Camden, etc who, to me, are just trying way too hard in different ways.

2 hours ago, manwhore said:

Points were made :giraffe:

14 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

Well, I am a user known for constantly dragging the white twinks in this thread. I have a bias against girls like that, and yet Sugar and Spice are resonating with me for some reason, as they are with others who normally feel the same as me as well. It’s got nothing to do with sexual attraction, at least for me, otherwise I’d be praising Smella Vaday or Joey Jay in this thread. Likewise, lots of people are resonating with them and I just explained why I think that’s the case. I’m not gonna be on the Sugar and Spice defense squad, but there is a clear difference to me between the people who like them versus the BFA queens in the past. Additionally, me liking them is definitely not the same as respecting them in the same way I respect Tamisha, Sasha, Nina, etc. To me, they’re just himbo white twinks that make me ki, unlike BFA and other white twink cast members in the past and it doesn’t feel forced to me.

There’s no need to get upset by the way, we’re just talking. 

I’m not upset just being my hateful problematic self and talking about drag race the way straights do sports u love I luv u girl :heart2:  But i DO think this is all rooted in some gay hatef*ck collective boner cuz it doesn’t make any logical sense to (,again,) ME! why these are the girls given a pass when so many others get ripped apart by this particular peanut gallery for giving similar vibes

10 minutes ago, qurl said:

I’m not upset just being my hateful problematic self and talking about drag race the way straights do sports u love I luv u girl :heart2:  But i DO think this is all rooted in some gay hatef*ck collective boner cuz it doesn’t make any logical sense to (,again,) ME! why these are the girls given a pass when so many others get ripped apart by this particular peanut gallery for giving similar vibes

I don’t get it either. I went into this season after seeing their casting ready to be an OS&SH, but I’m actually into them so far. :skull: 

I’m sure their stans and their inevitable payola/forced storylines will make me end up having to drag them weekly in this thread, but as of now I’m just so interested in them and why their unabashed basic-ness and obvious complete lack of talent is so appealing to me and many others :rip: 

Love you too girl :heart:

20 minutes ago, Hephaestus said:

The first half of this interview is so messy :dies:

Ru not knowing the intro song’s new lyrics :rip: 

The guy host saying his producers give him all the questions cause he doesn’t do his own research :rip: 

Um, where is our 15 minute preview? :biblio:

Also, they seriously need to cancel Untucked if it continues to be a weepy group therapy session. Untucked used to be SO good :shakeno:

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, Relampago. said:

I think that’s fair. I just find them substantially less annoying than girls like Jan, Rose, Ella, Camden, etc who, to me, are just trying way too hard in different ways.

I kinda agree at the moment, but the reason why a lot of those queens irked me was because they were so favorably edited, the producers were shoving their BFAs down our throat.  

That’s why Jan losing the Madonna challenge or RuPaul calling out Ella during the finale are such great moments in Drag Race. 

We’ll see how the producers handle both Sugar and Spice and see if they are pushed by production unnecessarily or if they are treated properly for what they show.  

39 minutes ago, Morissette said:

If they follow last year's schedule, we're gonna get it on Wednesday or Thursday. I hope it includes all entrances, I can't wait to see them!

53 minutes ago, Morissette said:

Also, they seriously need to cancel Untucked if it continues to be a weepy group therapy session. Untucked used to be SO good :shakeno:

Imagine how BORING the s14 Untucked would be if legend Jasmine Kennedie wasn't there.

2 minutes ago, Shinning said:

Imagine how BORING the s14 Untucked would be if legend Jasmine Kennedie wasn't there.

if it wasn't for Daya Betty there wouldn't be Jasmine Kennedie I fear 

Edited by Apostolis

2 minutes ago, Apostolis said:

if it wasn't for Daya Betty there wouldn't be Jasmine Kennedie I fear 

I mean not really. S14's Untucked most iconic moments were Jasmine vs Maddy and Jasmine coming out as trans so I don't see Daya involved.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.