RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Make Your Own Kind of Rusic (f/ legendary lipsync)

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

People finally coming around to how overrated and bland 14 was :clap3:Season died with Kornbread's ankle. The way some of you had audacity to claim the finalists were some of the best ever when they truly are bottom of the barrel

One day the girls will come to grips with the fact that 13 is the best modern season but I don't think ya'll ready for that conversation

2f2339009553825c882ac031e5d0bcd5afcd9940

• Replies 42.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, TheOnlyOne said:

People finally coming around to how overrated and bland 14 was :clap3:Season died with Kornbread's ankle. The way some of you had audacity to claim the finalists were some of the best ever when they truly are bottom of the barrel

One day the girls will come to grips with the fact that 13 is the best modern season but I don't think ya'll ready for that conversation

The five way finale was unnecessary, but they were at least all pretty likable. Willow and Camden were the only two viable winners.

S13 only had one viable winner in the finale imo. 

59 minutes ago, TheOnlyOne said:

Both S13 and S14 were bland af tbh. 

S12 >>> 

52 minutes ago, Body Talk said:

The five way finale was unnecessary, but they were at least all pretty likable. Willow and Camden were the only two viable winners.

S13 only had one viable winner in the finale imo. 

S13 only had 1 viable winner but Symone is a WINNER and someone who adds to and elevates the winner's circle. S14 had five finalists and not a single one of them was a worthy winner or would add anything special to the brand. They're all unremarkable and mediocre. Symone is inarguably a top 10 winner, even among AS and international seasons. Willow, and literally any of the 14 finalists would all be in the conversation for bottom 5 winners.

S13 completely bodied 14 and 12 in terms of drama, runways, and lipsyncs on top of having the best winner. It's just dragged down at the time because it was the first drawn out season (which will now be a regular thing), sensitive girls got in their feelings over the Porkchop twist, and that stupid Covid special that the season took a break for killed momentum. But the gag is its the best & most rewatchable season since 9. 

• ATRL Moderator

s13: runways, lipsyncs, winner >

s14: challenges, drama (star quality >> all of 14 but 14 overall because at least we got daya all season long whereas i can't recall any drama after tamisha left), cast (symone and kandy tho), twist >

s14 doesnt have a single star. kornbread is a flop touring with m&m :whistle:

1 hour ago, TheOnlyOne said:

S13 only had 1 viable winner but Symone is a WINNER and someone who adds to and elevates the winner's circle. S14 had five finalists and not a single one of them was a worthy winner or would add anything special to the brand. They're all unremarkable and mediocre. Symone is inarguably a top 10 winner, even among AS and international seasons. Willow, and literally any of the 14 finalists would all be in the conversation for bottom 5 winners.

S13 completely bodied 14 and 12 in terms of drama, runways, and lipsyncs on top of having the best winner. It's just dragged down at the time because it was the first drawn out season (which will now be a regular thing), sensitive girls got in their feelings over the Porkchop twist, and that stupid Covid special that the season took a break for killed momentum. But the gag is its the best & most rewatchable season since 9. 

I adore Symone but just talking about the full season I can't really think of anyone else I'd like to see in the winner's circle. Camden would've made a great winner imo. Willow is kind of trying to be "punk" by rejecting the whole machine (similar to Yvie) so I'm curious to see where that goes. 

Let's get real ATRL with this, though... (and I have no idea where this is going before I do it - ties broken by performance/track record):

Symone vs. Willow

Kandy Muse vs. Lady Camden

Rosé vs. Angeria Paris Van Michaels

Gottmik vs. Bosco

Olivia Lux vs. Daya Betty

Utica vs. Deja Skye

Tina Burner vs. Jorgeous

Denali vs. Jasmine Kennedie

Elliott with 2 Ts Kerri Colby

LaLa Ri vs. Maddy Morphosis

Tamisha Iman vs. Orion Story

Joey Jay vs. Kornbread

Kahmora Hall vs. Alyssa Hunter

7 vs 6

Willow already a forgotten winner a couple months into the reign :rip:

Time to cast Miss Jasmine on all stars and save the season's reputation. Also Daya Betty for kiis. 

Willow started to disappoint the moment she won. Sis is unbelievably BORING :rip:

I feel like S14 did not happen actually. The cast was cute and had good interactions between the contestants regardless. 

Symone

Kandy

Angeria

Bosco

Daya

Utica

Tina

Jasmine

Kerri

Lala

Orion

Kornbread

Kahmora

Am I reading that S14 had no stars? Cause Jasmine Kennedie 100% can go on to be a huge star, she has all the qualities, production just fumbled her for boring ass Daya.

And I like S13 more than most people but the finalists were abysmal besides Symone. Kandy, Mik and Rose are generally insufferable and 3 of my least favorite contestants ever. Besides Symone, really only  Tamisha had star quality. Denali is very talented but needs to work on not being so dry. Utica has some of the makings as well but plays too safe/meek sometimes. Kahmora has the looks and NONE of the talent. Lala can get there, similarly to Jasmine she has all the makings of one, but she needs some polish before she’s ready to be a superstar. 

Tina Burner, Joey Jay, Elliott With 2 Ts, along with the finalists are some of the worst queens we have EVER seen on the show. No one on S14 was as bad as those 6 honestly :deadbanana4: Even Olivia (who I forgot was on the season until I looked up the cast to see who I was missing) was AWFUL with her weird ass baby voice :biblionny:

So I guess S13 had higher highs than S14, but S14 was far, far more consistent in both episodes and contestants than S13 was and I think I prefer it that way, especially with these longer seasons. 10+ flop episodes for 4 good ones is not the tea :skull: 

7 hours ago, TheOnlyOne said:

I love your tenacity to amp up Symone. She’s cute but I’ll never forgive her for coming out with that bedazzled forever 21 urban outfitter thing she did for this years finale.  The talent she has in hiring a good pr firm to get her into award shows Can not be understated. I kid lol 

2 hours ago, Morissette said:

Willow started to disappoint the moment she won. Sis is unbelievably BORING :rip:

All she does is moan sexually and pretend she’s hardcore while maintaining she doesn’t give a f or something. Katya on steroids. 

Symone is gorgeous and effortlessly that *****. She doesn't need to wear a halloween costume or paint her face like a clown to serve an iconic look unlike some of the monsters to appear on RPDR.

Off the top of my head the most memorable things about S14 were…

- Willow’s talent show

- Kornbread early exit for injury 

- Kerri wearing Thee JLO Dress

- Daya vs Jasmine

- Jasmine coming out as trans(the most powerful moment of the entire season)

- Lady Camden’s Freddie Mercury runway 

- Bosco having the golden bar

all in all the season was great in retrospect but I don’t think there is huge drag royalty in this cast. The biggest redemption that could happen would be Jasmine or Bread coming back to win an all stars season but idk how likely that is. 

Symone’s finale look this year is probably my favorite Drag Race look ever and for many reasons:

1. She looked majestic and sexy af

2. it is thee quintessential African American look

3. Some people are still mad about it

4. looking down at someone wearing a jean and t-shirt is classist, which exposed a lot of fans. 
5. it was different from previous winners. Not to mention Symone and her fellow season 13 top4 already served avant garde dresses for their final runways. This was refreshing and exciting. But y’all want the same thing over and over and over again

28 minutes ago, Blue Rose said:

Symone’s finale look this year is probably my favorite Drag Race look ever and for many reasons:

1. She looked majestic and sexy af

2. it is thee quintessential African American look

3. Some people are still mad about it

4. looking down at someone wearing a jean and t-shirt is classist, which exposed a lot of fans. 
5. it was different from previous winners. Not to mention Symone and her fellow season 13 top4 already served avant garde dresses for their final runways. This was refreshing and exciting. But y’all want the same thing over and over and over again

1) Her makeup and hair were absolutely on point. 
2) … if we’re talking about her hair, then yes.

3) idk about mad

4) it’s not classist when we all know that she can absolutely perform (and also possesses) outfits that would have been far more fitting for the finale on the main stage. 
5) Symone has been one of the more successful winners in recent drag race history. She has done runways, magazine covers, and has Remained busy and booked. What better way to show that than by stunning in every way possible? Throwing some jewels on jeans and a tank top does her and her legacy absolutely no Justice.

I still love Symone’s crowning look. It was simple but the message got across and she looked stunning. 

Wearing jeans and a t-shirt to a grand finale like that is pure c*** tbh. 

6 hours ago, FLAallday said:

all in all the season was great in retrospect but I don’t think there is huge drag royalty in this cast. The biggest redemption that could happen would be Jasmine or Bread coming back to win an all stars season but idk how likely that is. 

Apparently Kornbread was asked to compete in All Stars 8 but she refused, I can't remember where this tea came from.

There are a few potential candidates for a future All Stars tho, if she continues to improve I think that Daya Betty could deliver a great AS season. Same for Angeria/Jasmine probably. Not sure about Bosco or Lady Camden 'cause I don't think they would show much more of what they've already accomplished.

Wow I came here bright and early to post about THEE SYMONE with fellow legendary legend Grace Jones and discuss how her pass down look was iconic and groundbreaking but I see my little Symonesters already got it covered 

The way she’s doing more iconic things than most of the AW cast that were just on tv for 3 months 

spacer.png

ugh my Nina Flowers recovering from MonkeyPox 

My faves stay WINNING

Shangela just announced as a celeb on Dancing with the Stars

It feels so good to stan actual icons

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.