RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Make Your Own Kind of Rusic (f/ legendary lipsync)

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

Monet

Jinkx

-

Trinity

Vivienne

Jaida

Shea

-

Raja

Yvie

I felt like Monet was lowkey the best of the season besides the final lipsync :deadbanana4: Jinkx is great at what she's great at... But outside of that window, she was usually unimpressive if not outright bottom two worthy (Design Ball easily, Y2K imo). Monet won 2 less challenges but she was robbed in the aforementioned Y2K challenge in broad daylight so that really should be 5 vs 4, and is way more versatile (can sew, dance, lipsync unlike Jinkx) and iirc never would've been a bottom 2 based on her performances. That plus always having GOOD lipsyncs and beating Jinkx (twice). I think the real robbery besides the payola final lsftc is that people don't see how well she actually did bc fans are so easily swayed by the judges ridiculous decisions at times.

Trinity/Viv/Jaida/Shea are all very versatile and strong across many types of challenges.

Raja was also very strong, but she also had very noticeable holes (like any time a challenge involved choreo/dancing she was n/a basically... didn't help that she bombed one of "her challenge"s in the second design one).

Yvie was often in the lower half of performers. Still would've done well in a regular season overall, but I think it's clear she wasn't able to perform her best this go-round :(

• Replies 42.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

In order of overall performances over the season, regardless of messy wins etc, my ranking is probably

Monet, Viv, Jinkx, Raja, Trinity, Shea, Jaida , Yvie 

Notable things that I preferred, undeserved: Trinity's Roast win, Jinkx's and Yvie's girl group challenge, snubbed: Monet's acting and girl group/ Shea's girl group/Raja Snatch game

Let's not even mention other things like the fact Monet and Shea only gave good lipsynchs, Jinkx's awful runways

i'm sorry but how have you seen 8,000 seasons of this show and still get surprised that this show is highly edited and produced and not a documentary about a competitive drag show? that's just what this show is. 

in terms of format, i'm sure if it was regular season rules they would have trouble booking winners who would understandably be concerned with getting torn apart and sent home first and prefer to just end their run on a high note. 

1. Monet

2. Viv

3. Jinkx

4. Trinity

5. Shea
6. Raja
7. Jaida
8. Yvie

I think Monet understood the assignment for most of the challenges, Jinkx and Viv almost always killed it but when they didn't it was really noticeable, Trinity while consistent never really took it up the ante and usually just relied on stuff she knew production would like, Shea was lowkey underwhelming outside of runways and often disappeared into the background, Raja was there for the vibes, Jaida came back too soon (to me) but still did well, Yvie never really had much of a shot but points for being trade of the season :cm:  

FYxTVDTX0AA01AB?format=jpg&name=medium

This should have been the automatic L though :rip:

Somebody hack and get the #MonetCut of the Lipsynch. Not to change the result of invalidate anything but just because I want to enjoy the killer lipsynch that got a competitor to stop and watch, garner applause at the end and have people commend the Queen backstage :jonny: 

2 minutes ago, mxoonlight said:

1. Monet

2. Viv

3. Jinkx

4. Trinity

5. Shea
6. Raja
7. Jaida
8. Yvie

I think Monet understood the assignment for most of the challenges, Jinkx and Viv almost always killed it but when they didn't it was really noticeable, Trinity while consistent never really took it up the ante and usually just relied on stuff she knew production would like, Shea was lowkey underwhelming outside of runways and often disappeared into the background, Raja was there for the vibes, Jaida came back too soon (to me) but still did well, Yvie never really had much of a shot but points for being trade of the season :cm:  

Pretty similar tbf :clap3: I guess I might have preferred Raja's snatch game, design challenges etc which might have upped her in my ranking :eli: 

1. Monet
  2. Junkx
  3. Vivienne
  4. Trinity
  5. Raja
  6. Shea
  7. Jaida
  8. Yvie

giphy-downsized-large.gif

1 hour ago, Alejandrawrrr said:

I felt like Monet was lowkey the best of the season besides the final lipsync :deadbanana4: Jinkx is great at what she's great at... But outside of that window, she was usually unimpressive if not outright bottom two worthy (Design Ball easily, Y2K imo). Monet won 2 less challenges but she was robbed in the aforementioned Y2K challenge in broad daylight so that really should be 5 vs 4, and is way more versatile (can sew, dance, lipsync unlike Jinkx) and iirc never would've been a bottom 2 based on her performances. That plus always having GOOD lipsyncs and beating Jinkx (twice). I think the real robbery besides the payola final lsftc is that people don't see how well she actually did bc fans are so easily swayed by the judges ridiculous decisions at times.

Speak on it :clap3: 

29 minutes ago, Serendipity said:

Notable things that I preferred, undeserved: Trinity's Roast win, Jinkx's and Yvie's girl group challenge, snubbed: Monet's acting and girl group/ Shea's girl group/Raja Snatch game

Monet really was robbed of 2 challenges win and it's sad that production decided not to give her those deserving wins to inflate other people's track records

12 minutes ago, Serendipity said:

FYxTVDTX0AA01AB?format=jpg&name=medium

This should have been the automatic L though :rip:

Somebody hack and get the #MonetCut of the Lipsynch. Not to change the result of invalidate anything but just because I want to enjoy the killer lipsynch that got a competitor to stop and watch, garner applause at the end and have people commend the Queen backstage :jonny: 

We the Monétion need to move like the Zack Snyder bros and demand for the Monet Cut #ReleaseTheMonétCut

latoya-right-now.gif

Monet being a panned + plunged loser is karma for snaking the true winner of AS7

0ab4f9e9d0460706467cecd1c9685ce140889477

1 minute ago, R.E.M. said:

Monet being a panned + plunged loser is karma for snaking the true winner of AS7

dd okay you should’ve chosen a better gif where her real skin didn’t show when she turned around 

4 minutes ago, R.E.M. said:

Not true winner of AS7 with two stars in design challenges only, a pity star and bomb EVERYTHING else

She's lucky Yvie was there otherwise she would have been bottom of the pack, no star power at all. :rip: 

Again, not discrediting Jinkx but is this finale lipsync the most obvious “rig” for a win we’ve had? Trixie and Kennedy comes close but I guess you can count Trixie’s alopecia cosplay as “embodying the song”. Jinkx really didn’t do anything better than Monet in any way. Maybe that’s why this one riled up the girls a little more. 

The Jaida stans are such a kii. I love the Essence of Beauty, but let’s be real here. :toofunny3:

Jaida will have to deal with her 7th/8th placement on this season and that’s just the way it is. Note how Viv blocked Monet and Monet prevented Jaida from getting to the finale with her counterfeit star… and both tied for last place this season. 

Go against Monetion, you get the CHOP :bird: 

The only memorable thing as an OJH that I will credit her for on AS7 was the 4 seasons reveal look, she kinda did that :gaycat1:

4 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

Again, not discrediting Jinkx but is this finale lipsync the most obvious “rig” for a win we’ve had? Trixie and Kennedy comes close but I guess you can count Trixie’s alopecia cosplay as “embodying the song”. Jinkx really didn’t do anything better than Monet in any way. Maybe that’s why this one riled up the girls a little more. 

:deadbanana4:

Kennedy being the true winner of AS3 feels correct. She had the most jury votes + is a legend + one of the best entertainers to appear on RPDR.

21 minutes ago, Almodusa said:

Aw that’s really cute. I wish Jinkx could’ve had an actual celebratory viewing party. 

1 minute ago, Relampago. said:

The Jaida stans are such a kii. I love the Essence of Beauty, but let’s be real here. :toofunny3:

Jaida will have to deal with her 7th/8th placement on this season and that’s just the way it is. Note how Viv blocked Monet and Monet prevented Jaida from getting to the finale with her counterfeit star… and both tied for last place this season. 

Go against Monetion, you get the CHOP :bird: 

Oop

mooo.gif

Monet stans taking shots at Jaida when ol girl needed tons of payola, riggory, and 3 whole seasons to win .5 of a crown.

Let's keep it cute.

literally how did this bish even make top 2

mooo.gif

1 minute ago, R.E.M. said:

Monet stans taking shots at Jaida when ol girl needed tons of payola, riggory, and 3 whole seasons to win .5 of a crown.

Let's keep it cute.

Sis I love you but you do not want to start this :rip: 

Especially when the original AS4 edit was a solo Monet win but they tacked Trinity on

Especially when Miss Jaida was never winning her season until a literal predator had to be cut out and the other one got backlash 

Get your girl to 1M on Insta, she needs all the support

giphy.gif

Just now, MJHolland said:

Raja ATE with her runways looks :'(

An art collection, I fear.

Honestly, hands down the most fashionable queen ever on drag race. Not just looks but the concepts behind it. Nobody does what she does!

Just now, Dula Peep said:

mooo.gif

C.U.N.T - 5 stars, no bottom placements, best average overall, memorable lip-synchs, memorable challenges, great workroom presence, some great looks and makeup - shall I continue?

48f6715906c2ac10b0a27f9725c4e0ab67e0eff2

I'm not even Monétion, but I totally agree with whoever said (? I think that obnoxious C In UntY person) that Monet was lowkey robbed of the Shangela storyline we didn't get when she got robbed by the jury.

From crunchy in S10 -> good, but unfortunately discredited in AS4 -> honestly the highest performing queen of this season and robbed in favor of a yt fan favorite. I know we're in the pr/ best friends race era of drag race, but I do sense an underlying bit of dissatisfaction behind the scenes, and I think they're right.

This season was a shitshow production-wise. And honestly, we're in the era of crazy ******* leaks, so I think production needs to rethink how heavyhanded they're being. Like we heard about Raja vs Michelle, queens allegedly being angry at production for Jinkx favoritism, and Monet vs Jinkx top 2 with Monet skewering Jinkx like... months before the season was even announced :rip: If they can't get a lid on all the leaks, they need to just be more transparent with the footage chile...

You guys are really arguing still about that final lipsync?

1) EVERYONE wanted Jinx to win (I am talking about GP, not ATRL)

2) Jinx did BY FAR the best throughout the season. Literally, on every pit stop episode, the guest would bet on Jinx and choose Jinx as the one performing the best.

3) Even if Monet did a little better on that final lipsync, she didn't do that well either. Her performance was boring and with a predictable choreography. 

I understand the drama with AS3 and AS4, but this is not the case with this season. 

2 minutes ago, Dula Peep said:

mooo.gif

With 3 challenge wins (should've been 5)

With 5 stars

By being on the top for 7 weeks out of 11

And being a lipsync assasin

mooo.gif

With Charims,

7 minutes ago, Dula Peep said:

mooo.gif

The same way she 'won' AS4.  But, to be honest, nobody was close to Jinx so any choice in the top 2 would be the same. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.