RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Make Your Own Kind of Rusic (f/ legendary lipsync)

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

Okay

They should either award the best performing queen of the season without lipsync for the crown, 

Or they should just crown the lipsync winner

Trying to find a way to make them work togerher is not working and it has been downgrading the show's likeability for like the last 4-5 years. 

• Replies 42.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, t.A.T.u. said:

And then again you guys are trying to understand why TheOnlyOne was so hard to thread ban after he spilled the whole season :bibliahh:

:clap3: :clap3: the mods are biased, we've been knew!!

Also this is the first time I see "dogwalked" term being used this much in this page :skull: 

2 hours ago, t.A.T.u. said:

And then again you guys are trying to understand why TheOnlyOne was so hard to thread ban after he spilled the whole season :bibliahh:

Man, shut the **** up, you racist POS.

The only person who deserves a threadban in here is you. Coming in every week to post some agitating racebait comment to try and goad the girls in here and then hide behind the "I love Tyra so I'm not racist" bullshit when called out for it. You literally do nothing but hobble in here to sprinkle negativity and hatred, trying to be sly about it, but always putting down the POC queens. 

I'm sick of you, sad ass loser.

The riggory in this finale is crazy. 
How Monet is top2 when she clearly lost her lip sync against TTT?

I loved this season but the last two episodes really undid it for me.

The three star twist for the talent show was just stupid :rip:  I'm not sure how they felt that would help Shea's storyline along but it set her up to fail in the finale as there was no way she could actually win or there would've been a terrible reaction from the fandom. She would've been much better off to have just been snubbed in the talent show and ultimately had a rudemption in winning the $50k.

The lip syncs have been dissected to death but I do agree with the sentiment that Raja and Jinkx both lost. As others have said, I think the whole setup was a bit disingenuous. If you're selling the finale as a lip sync smackdown for the crown, then the performance in the lip sync should ultimately be all that matters. The way Ru mentioned track record before declaring Jinkx the winner made it feel like it the whole thing was being treated as more of a last chance lip sync before the crowning (like they had in seasons old where ultimately, it wouldn't actually move the needle and was more of a formality). I think that's why it felt so jarring to me.

Additionally, I know Jinkx won more challenges, but Monet ended up with more stars (as much as I resent it). To crown based on track record already feels a little shaky because how are we defining track record at this point?

And this leads me to wonder what the hell production were thinking. It's clear that Raja and Jinkx were the queens they wanted to win so I'm completely baffled by the song choices. Swish Swish as the final lip sync clearly put Monet at an advantage and it all just felt like incredibly poor planning on their part. For both Jinkx and Raja, it would be easier to edit a convincing lip sync win if you picked a slow song/ballad with minimal tempo as both Monet and Yvie are at their best pulling splits and stunts to fast paced tracks that aren't as serious. Like, if you were going to rig the results anyway, why not just choose songs that make that job easier and not harder? :rip: 

A bizarre ending to what had been a fantastic season.

Edited by Wonderland

35 minutes ago, Subomie said:

The only person who deserves a threadban in here is you. Coming in every week to post some agitating racebait comment to try and goad the girls in here and then hide behind the "I love Tyra so I'm not racist" bullshit when called out for it. You literally do nothing but hobble in here to sprinkle negativity and hatred, trying to be sly about it, but always putting down the POC queens. 

If the mods are not biased you should also get a threadban since they banned me for calling someone loser once :gaycat2: kii

Edited by Afferty

42 minutes ago, Subomie said:

Nnn they’re not worth it sis. They’re just a troll that looks to get a rise out of you. Just put them on ignore and enjoy the thread :bird: 

-

Now who’s on our AS8 wishlist? Hoping that they show the older season queens love like they did this season.

Yeah the ending was really clunky. Congrats to Jinkx though, the most memorable moment of the season belongs to her and her track record was amazing so it all makes sense for me. 

The lipsync smackdown thing needs to be retired though, it did kinda cheapen Jinkx's victory and what's the point even. 

If they ever decide to do AW2, they should really take all the criticisms into account. Change the star system to a points system so that either everyone gets points for their performance or at least the top 4; remove lipsync for the crown; add some more mechanics to gain/deduct points; don't leave out negative critiques. They'll have to do it now that Violet, Trixie and even Bob are iffy on doing an All Winners season

Such an amazing season! I think all the queens should feel very happy with how it went. Everyone was portrayed really positively. 

Now I know why half the thread were obsessed Jinkx haters from the jump :skull: if you read spoilers at all you shouldn’t post in this thread at all. 

The LSFTC has been lame since S10. The only one I can think of being worthwhile is Yvie’s TEOG. 

Just a question to you all, was this episode worse than AS3 last episode for the outcome? :dies: I mean, Jinkx at least has a very good season besides some challenges.

1 hour ago, Subomie said:

Girl, I totally get the sentiment but this is not it. You could’ve made you (very valid) point without resorting to insults and risk a WP or even a thread ban.

1 hour ago, Relampago. said:

Now who’s on our AS8 wishlist? Hoping that they show the older season queens love like they did this season.

I hope more early seasons girls get the call. Dida, Monica, Joslyn, Darienne, Kasha are just a few that come to mind.

Just enjoy a fun season with a cast full of winners and talented queens ffs

Some of you are so miserable, always finding a reason to rant and get upset :rip:

I like Monet better than Jinkx, but what was Naomi said when she eliminated Manila? Oh yeah "Life's not fair" so she can keep fuming with that ugly mug of hers :sistrens:

3 hours ago, Subomie said:

Mediocre Xtinct stans are losing it

I am happy with the fact that ppl do seem to be seeing thru the rig tho. I thought we were just gonna get jankx as the winner and the white ppl would love it, but most seem to find it weird how bad jankx flopped this episode and still won. There will have to be a shake up after this season I fear, they can’t keep embarrassing themselves like this. Is that what monsoon season means??

GzHA.gif

Edited by Rigalo

all these 8 queens all benefited in this one way or another and made us all entertained each week :clap3: they deserve everything. 

I’m really not even trying to be funny since Monet didn’t win lol but this season really was just NOT it for me. I honestly expected way more on the fashion, drama, talent, etc from most of the girls for an all winners season. There were literally two or three enjoyable lipsyncs during the main season. Jankx Snatch Game and Monet talent show are the only memorable challenge moments. The underserved winners and horrible judging every week. No one going home. This season was a chore and I honestly wished I liked it as much as some seem to have :rip: 

I hope they'd at least pay another 200k cash to Monet behind the doors, or else it she has every right to be fuming.

2 hours ago, Hephaestus said:

Girl, I totally get the sentiment but this is not it. You could’ve made you (very valid) point without resorting to insults and risk a WP or even a thread ban.

4 hours ago, Afferty said:

If the mods are not biased you should also get a threadban since they banned me for calling someone loser once :gaycat2: kii

i-deserve-it-htgawm.gif

675b29zss7x01.jpg?auto=webp&s=c20c67ae114e33ab1e81c91c69c8b98a93a98e60

let The Only One back in I wanna lash him for Monet losing

2 minutes ago, R.E.M. said:

let The Only One back in I wanna lash him for Monet losing

He did everything he could do.. :eli: only if 4x more fans wouldnt prefer Jinkx as the winner instead of Monet....

1 hour ago, Nikko said:

r/rupaulsdragrace - Yvie calls out the (awful) all stars editing

oop

nobody acknowledged this but I'm a generous queen so here's more

Няма налично описание.

• ATRL Moderator

RuPaul is NEVER going to do an all-winners season again :toofunny2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.