RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Make Your Own Kind of Rusic (f/ legendary lipsync)

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

Lip sync for the crown is the problem & the source of these controversies. Throw it OUT! No one wants a whole episode of lip syncs anyway.

Jinkx was the clear & obvious winner but now her win is undermined bc Monet (unsurprisingly) served her in the lip sync.

Imagine if they'd gone with Monet, it'd feel even worse: she'd have won only bc of the ridiculous '3 star' production decision & because of lip sync for the crown. Overall, a bad end to an otherwise great season.

• Replies 42.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Harrier said:

Lip sync for the crown is the problem & the source of these controversies. Throw it OUT! No one wants a whole episode of lip syncs anyway.

Jinkx was the clear & obvious winner but now her win is undermined bc Monet (unsurprisingly) served her in the lip sync.

Imagine if they'd gone with Monet, it'd feel even worse: she'd have won only bc of the ridiculous '3 star' production decision & because of lip sync for the crown. Overall, a bad end to an otherwise great season.

Actually, I don’t think people would complain as much if they showed the true lip sync or a better edited version for them to see all of Monet’s gags and Nicki’s rap verse. Truly the fans are at least satisfied when the lipsync is worth the crown. 

Even though Swish Swish is top 40 and has a rap verse, I think the song was campy enough for Jinx to give a better lipsync. 

After watching again, i dont think Monet won as much as I OG thought. She does this thing where she turns around and walks to the back of the stage in the middle of the verse she should be saying and she did it again during The finale during Nicki’s verse (she throws up the money, turns around and walks to the back of the stage and turns around to begin the verse again) and the floss ruined her momentum in the beginning.  I still think Monet won (especially with the momentum in the beginning, and i think they kinda saved Monet with the Lipstick because Blu did that in her own lipsync this year, and it would have come off as copying). 

But Ru did not like the flossing, and does not like it when Monet walks to the back of the stage during a verse. She kinda ****** herself up on those two things. (Also Bob has called her out for doing that, but i didnt notice her doing it at 2am.)

51 minutes ago, Bimbo said:

Queen :fan:

What is she doing with her mug nowadays? :biblio:

• ATRL Moderator
37 minutes ago, Harrier said:

We do love full episodes of lip syncs, but not like this.

The lip sync episodes from AS4 and AS6 are both really successful IMO, but those were used to bring a queen back to the competition and not decide the series winner.

If Sasha is the winner of S9, Yvie the winner of S11 & Jaida the winner of S12 then Monét is the winner of AS7 :cm:.

Don't call it a lip-sync for the crown if it is not! But I truly see how this is shaking up things at Drag Race and the producers. I'm glad people are realizing the robbery and favoritism.

1 hour ago, Harrier said:

If the talent show was only one star Monet would've made the finale anyway, luv <3 

30 minutes ago, karron0624 said:

After watching again, i dont think Monet won as much as I OG thought. She does this thing where she turns around and walks to the back of the stage in the middle of the verse she should be saying and she did it again during The finale during Nicki’s verse (she throws up the money, turns around and walks to the back of the stage and turns around to begin the verse again) and the floss ruined her momentum in the beginning.  I still think Monet won (especially with the momentum in the beginning, and i think they kinda saved Monet with the Lipstick because Blu did that in her own lipsync this year, and it would have come off as copying). 

But Ru did not like the flossing, and does not like it when Monet walks to the back of the stage during a verse. She kinda ****** herself up on those two things. (Also Bob has called her out for doing that, but i didnt notice her doing it at 2am.)

They cut most of Nicki's verse out of the song. Monet smashed it - there's no way she didn't. 

The favoritism for Raja and Jinkx when they lost both of their lipsyncs :bibliahh:

The judging :ahh:

Jaida vs Raja: Jaida should have won 

Jinx vs Shea: Shea should have won

Monet vs Trinity: Trinity should have won 

Yvie vs Raja: Yvie should have won 

Jinx vs Monet: Monet should have won

the only one they got right was was Yvie vs Viv 

Did you guys peep the “all season long” voice over at the end :ahh:

Happy to have US Drag Race's first person of size winner

Now my edible and a half has...come through...and it has me stuck watching this hour long video. Send help.

1 hour ago, MJHolland said:

The downfall of drag race begins :nicole2::razzle:

Doubt

14 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

I can't believe Monét and Trinity had a secret alliance all this time, and none of us noticed :jonny:

Glad Yvie won over miss "Haha, I'm so quirky, I can't dance". Raja and Jaida were pretty even.

Jinkx wiping the runway with the Empress of Unimpressive makes sense with my fantasy.

I expected a little more from our twinner rematch, but Monét was the clear winner here.

Congrats to our Shaman of SheDoneHadHerpes :clap3: What a great showing after all this time.

And the queen who could hear the cackling down the street, is the one cackling in the end :heart2: 

Was this sarcasm? :deadbanana: because Monet and Trinity mentioned the alliance every episode

17 hours ago, Unoriginal said:

monet had the best track record and the most stars so they didn't

facts:

-monet beat trinity and dogwalked jinkx

-jinkx lost to shea, but production were never not letting her advance to top two. if you were gagged by jinkx spinning a cape around and doing a spin jump :skull:

-monet had the best track record and the most stars. she won the season and the finale

-even without the three star twist, monet still would have been in the top four (and top two) and had the best track record of the season

-unlike ANY other queen on as7, jinkx was awarded any time she was close to being the best in the challenge. even indisputable wins to the audience, such as monet's girl groups win, were ignored and given to other queens

-production ignored all the rules they set for themselves to crown someone who would be a deserving winner but didn't win this season

happy for raja and jinkx but it's unfortunate production shenanigans sour the experience for so many queens (at least half have spoken out against how the season was handled?) to the extent that even queens who weren't on as7 are now declining to ever return to the franchise

retire lsftc if it's going to be rigged regardless of who actually wins. why was it was fine when shea lost to sasha and asia's reveal failed but thrown out the window when trixie lost to kennedy, aquaria fumbled against eureka, gigi hired a warehouse during a pandemic, and trinity lost spectacularly against monet?

And then again you guys are trying to understand why TheOnlyOne was so hard to thread ban after he spilled the whole season :bibliahh:

16 hours ago, Relampago. said:

Looking back, this season is kind of an example of production being far too heavy handed. If they ever do this again, just include the negative critiques and have something with higher stakes than blocking. There were just too many random twists with no real explanation, the challenge wins were always obvious at the beginning of the episode, lipsyncs were chopped to let everyone get at least one win (and I’m not just talking about Jinkx, this happened multiple times). It was just too plastic and produced. I get it was supposed to be a celebratory season, but it ended up just feeling dead and soulless at times. 

I hope they do it again with more winners but they really need to figure out how to make it more exciting to watch.

Ok but this time, can you post it without crying? 
GzHA.gif

4 out of the 6 lip syncs were with VERY questionable outcomes which made the episode not as enjoyable for my friends and myself. Biggest robbery was Yvie not getting the 50k. I guess we all knew they would rig it for Jinkx but I still feel so bad for Shea 'losing' that lip sync, she was so good

2 hours ago, Twilish said:

What is she doing with her mug nowadays? :biblio:

losing

Naomi :ahh:  

She’s always on the right side of history!

10 minutes ago, Hephaestus said:

That mug though :skull:

Truly don’t know what she sees in the mirror. To think it used to be immaculate :chick3: 

3 minutes ago, Bimbo said:

Truly don’t know what she sees in the mirror. To think it used to be immaculate :chick3: 

I'm most likely talking out of my ass here, but didn't she do Drag Race in her early 20s?

People don't finish developing until their mid 20s, so maybe she just looks like that :emofish:

15 minutes ago, GotMyBlueprint said:

I'm most likely talking out of my ass here, but didn't she do Drag Race in her early 20s?

People don't finish developing until their mid 20s, so maybe she just looks like that :emofish:

Nah, she just goes for a more natural look now which usually doesn’t really complement the features of an AMAB person. Valentina is also following the same trend for her drag lately and she looks a mess too.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.