RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Make Your Own Kind of Rusic (f/ legendary lipsync)

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

• ATRL Moderator

Ok, so I downloaded the ep early this morning and at the end, Ru just announces the winner.

My friend just watched on P+ and at the end, Ru says, "Based on that lip sync and your performance all season, I've made my decision." But my downloaded video does NOT say that :psyduck: Did they add that line in after the initial posting?

• Replies 42.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so happy for Jinkx and Raja. They really slayed this competition. :jonny5:

I do think Jinkx lost both her lip syncs really but she still put up a good effort and had the best track record. I feel like having the finale hinge on lip syncing is a mistake for this reason, some queens just aren't the best at it. 

I actually think Raja fairly won hers tho Yvie also slayed. 

What's the point of being bitter? Jinkx had a great run on the season and slayed so many challenges. It's perfectly fair to give her the win tho I feel the same about Monet and would say the same if she won. 

Raja did not win either one of her lipsyncs and Monet beat Jinkx in the Swish Swish lipsync in my eyes. That being said,  Jinkx makes sense as a winner based on how she performed in the competition, which is all that really matters. 

5 hours ago, Kummercell said:

Jinkx's Snatch Game is the only moment from the season that people will remember when talking about AS7.

:coffee:

I wish JInkx switched her outfit. She should've worn the Judas lipsync look for the swish swish lipsync because it's a better crowning look. 

57 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

Ok, so I downloaded the ep early this morning and at the end, Ru just announces the winner.

My friend just watched on P+ and at the end, Ru says, "Based on that lip sync and your performance all season, I've made my decision." But my downloaded video does NOT say that :psyduck: Did they add that line in after the initial posting?

Some people have also mentioned the discrepancies on that, so the last minute panic to add that ADR is real :celestial3:

I mean, this was obviously always going to be Jinkx's Drag Race from the start. A lot of questions fans have would be answered by simply remembering this is a business. Almost no one ever wins this show completely organically - I would argue maybe Jaida did because the production plan fell through in an unprecedented way with the Sherry thing. Like they even covered up Sharon's n-word usage on camera, just to crown her :deadbanana4: Yes they're talented, but there's usually a reason for productions picks.

A lot of highly demanded queens were leery of coming back, citing mostly bullshit reasons. We all know the likes of Bianca, Trixie, etc, don't want to come back because with the way RPDR has changed, winning favors younger, fitter, "lipsync artist" types (granted All Stars does skew comedy-leaning for challenges, but for the finales... you gotta be able to at least "draw" against fierce lipsyncers). This season was ALL about courting the heavy hitters who declined, or they didn't even bother reaching out to yet - from the hidden negative critiques, lack of any drama or "villain edit" (to the point of straight up hiding things we got tea of like Raja coming for Michelle, and/or the queens allegedly calling out Jinkx riggory). So from the start we knew it'd go to Jinkx or maybe Raja.

-late, but this is why I wasn't sad at all when my fave Jaida got "robbed" right before the finale. There's zero chance a queen like her would've been allowed to win anyway, ***** coulda turned water into wine in the finale and the reaction would've been edited and redirected to some Jinkx silly face moment lmao

Btw that's not to say Jinkx didn't deserve to win at all... I mean her challenge performance speaks for itself. But it just moreso feels unsatisfying, because what they ultimately did flies in the face of the entire premise of the season. THE WHOLE POINT of the star system was that it wasn't just challenge wins, but playing the game well enough with stars/plunger to have enough stars to get to the finale... which would be a lipsync smackdown to determine the winner. Like to the point where the episode's previous gag (3 stars, Shea leapfrogging into the finale, Monet choosing the star tiebreaker) was all about it. Then we find out the whole premise was a waste of time when they're like "actually nvm the lipsync doesn't matter, we're just gonna defer to track record even though we haven't been acknowledging that metric at all until this point". The alleged (likely true) heavily chopped lipsync edit just makes it worse, like why insult our intelligence? We already knew Monet would skulldrag Jinkx in a lipsync. Just stand on your decision to crown her regardless :celestial3:

Again, Jinkx is a valid winner and very deserving Queen of Queens. But an unsatisfying ending is an unsatisfying ending. Like it's not as bad as the jury twist, but it definitely feels along those lines rather than just a surprise elimination or something.

___

Edit: not the essay :rip:

Edited by Alejandrawrrr

littlebodybigheart

i think a lot of people are forgetting one thing: the two people that are lipsynching don’t go in on equal footing. it’s a last chance to impress ru but essentially if somebody is doing/has done better in the competition is preferred to win the lipsync and the other person is supposed to show why they should still stay/win. but nobody ever said they go in equally.

What on earth did I just watch? :deadbanana4: That has to be one of the worst DR episodes ever, to end an otherwise great season

The Viv coming last when she should have been in the top 4 anyway

Raja winning both her lip-syncs despite Jaida and Yvie both outdoing her by a country mile

Jinkx winning the final lip-sync despite giving one of the worst performances ever. It was like she completely gave up at the end and was focussed on what Monet was doing

The queens bizarrely sucking up to Ru and her weird cult of personality is also insufferable to watch :rip: This is why the international seasons are generally better nowadays excluding UKvsTW

Monet won that final lipsync, my winner :heart:

Idk what that final lipsync was but #releasetheMonetcut cuz :rip: she mopped the floor with Jinkx no matter how hard they tried to edit her out

Ru is a MESS

The ACTING he was doing telling the girls he's proud of them almost like crying

for the next MILLISECOND being :ryan: when Monét is thanking him for the platform he's created

:bibliahh:

2 hours ago, Alejandrawrrr said:

I mean, this was obviously always going to be Jinkx's Drag Race from the start. A lot of questions fans have would be answered by simply remembering this is a business. Almost no one ever wins this show completely organically - I would argue maybe Jaida did because the production plan fell through in an unprecedented way with the Sherry thing. Like they even covered up Sharon's n-word usage on camera, just to crown her :deadbanana4: Yes they're talented, but there's usually a reason for productions picks.

A lot of highly demanded queens were leery of coming back, citing mostly bullshit reasons. We all know the likes of Bianca, Trixie, etc, don't want to come back because with the way RPDR has changed, winning favors younger, fitter, "lipsync artist" types (granted All Stars does skew comedy-leaning for challenges, but for the finales... you gotta be able to at least "draw" against fierce lipsyncers). This season was ALL about courting the heavy hitters who declined, or they didn't even bother reaching out to yet - from the hidden negative critiques, lack of any drama or "villain edit" (to the point of straight up hiding things we got tea of like Raja coming for Michelle, and/or the queens allegedly calling out Jinkx riggory). So from the start we knew it'd go to Jinkx or maybe Raja.

-late, but this is why I wasn't sad at all when my fave Jaida got "robbed" right before the finale. There's zero chance a queen like her would've been allowed to win anyway, ***** coulda turned water into wine in the finale and the reaction would've been edited and redirected to some Jinkx silly face moment lmao

Btw that's not to say Jinkx didn't deserve to win at all... I mean her challenge performance speaks for itself. But it just moreso feels unsatisfying, because what they ultimately did flies in the face of the entire premise of the season. THE WHOLE POINT of the star system was that it wasn't just challenge wins, but playing the game well enough with stars/plunger to have enough stars to get to the finale... which would be a lipsync smackdown to determine the winner. Like to the point where the episode's previous gag (3 stars, Shea leapfrogging into the finale, Monet choosing the star tiebreaker) was all about it. Then we find out the whole premise was a waste of time when they're like "actually nvm the lipsync doesn't matter, we're just gonna defer to track record even though we haven't been acknowledging that metric at all until this point". The alleged (likely true) heavily chopped lipsync edit just makes it worse, like why insult our intelligence? We already knew Monet would skulldrag Jinkx in a lipsync. Just stand on your decision to crown her regardless :celestial3:

Again, Jinkx is a valid winner and very deserving Queen of Queens. But an unsatisfying ending is an unsatisfying ending. Like it's not as bad as the jury twist, but it definitely feels along those lines rather than just a surprise elimination or something.

___

Edit: not the essay :rip:

Completely spilled :clap3: it's honestly really unfortunate to end on this note because the girls brought the entertainment and held the season together when it's clear production was flopping on all fronts (challenge concepts, judging, twists and ending format). 

11 hours ago, HotFriedChicken said:

Can we talk about Ru and the queens fake crying during the critiques tho? I know they all bust out laughing as soon as they left the stage :ahh:

Hell no, that **** was real. Did you miss the moment where Monet spoke ? That was very real.

Horrible, horrible HORRIBLE finale.

Trinity won over Monet. Fully.

Shea and Jinkx i don't care because Shea had no chance of winning no matter what. She did do better but they were both low energy and stiff.

Yvie beat Raja but Raja did surprisingly well during both lipsyncs. She clearly only won because she's an OG queen though, strictly because of that.

Monet won against Jinkx.

Jinkx earned her right to win the season but she got demolished during the lipsync.

THE LIPSYNC FOR THE CROWN HAS F***ED UP RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE. RETIRE IT RIGHT NOW !!!!

rNk27Hr.gif

I can't believe y'all came for me a few months ago after i said the Lipsync for the crown meant absolutely nothing, all because i had the audacity to come for Jaida winning her season.  "But But BUT, she won the last lipsync !!!" Yeah so did Trixie against Kennedy :ace: So did Willow's boring big pants gag against Lady "4 challenge wins" Camden's superior performance :ace:

"But But BUT, we want the finale to be exciting, it would be too anti-climactic if we went into the finale knowing who's gonna win." Well there you go.

The "rightful" winner won, yes. But at what cost ? This stupid concept has been pushed to it's paroxysm, it was a terrible idea from the jump.

My track-record-power-almost-always purist ass being proven right, again.

gretchen-disappointed.gif

It only feels correct for Raja to get the 50k, BUT can we also talk about her finale LOOK!!!!! (which was the only shoot, and the rest of them were a boot to me)...As for Jinkx, the sloppy edited lip-syncs really didn't serve. Monet and Shea both ate her up in the lip-syncs, however I'm not opposed to Jinkx winning overall either I guess.

Trinity should've won that lipsync against Monet no question :rip: especially since putting Monet in the Top 2 was POINTLESS with the 'overall performance' remark. I mean at least Jinx is obviously the rightful winner, but with Trinity the stakes wouldn't be so embarrassingly low.

Trinity legitimately DEMOLISHED monet, no wonder the latter is seething right now, first gets STOMPED by her winner and then Jynx rightfully taking the crown that has been hers since Snatch Game :bird:

monet might be the biggest loser after all, sorry Shea! :emofish:

Edited by GotMyBlueprint

We live in a world where Monet demolished someone that bad in a lipsync and still did not win. I could understand if it was close but there’s no way you can say, Jinx deserves to win even after that edit. Jinx is a well deserving winner but I just can’t be behind it after Money delivered that performance. I’ve got the see #themonetcut

LSFTC doesn’t have any impact on the winner unless you can pull a Sasha Velour. Or on the opposite end of the spectrum, pull a Asia O’Hara.

Especially on an All Stars season when there’s no crowd to react. If two queens give a serviceable lipsync, the queen with the highest track record gets the win. Y’all need to accept this, its been years since lipsyncs truly had impact :michael:

Congrats Jinkx anyway. 

I'm seeing so much love and praise for Monet. I'm happy for her and even happier that people are praising her excellent lipsyncs despite the horrible editing :clap3: 

Such an adored talent!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.