RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Make Your Own Kind of Rusic (f/ legendary lipsync)

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

This finale has kinda soured the opinion of the whole season for a lot of fans, like when Shangela lost and Trixie somehow won over Kennedy

• Replies 42.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, Floren said:

Monet won the most stars so according to their rules she was the front runner

Monet stans are crying about riggory due to the final lipsync but are also using this argument to justify Monet having a 'better track record', when the only reason she is ahead in stars is because they RIGGED the last challenge to have 3 stars. So are you okay with production meddling or not? You can't have it both ways.

I actually like Jinkx and Raja but WTF was that :ahh: The editing to focus on one person and cut the loser was so evident, it was laughable. I don’t think either won any of their lip syncs. It seemed like Jaida was serving mouth but they hardly even zoomed in on her. 

You can argue that Jinkx was the rightful winner of this season which isn’t wrong per se but then why even do a lip sync for the crown? That was literally a joke. Horrible finale tbh. The best part was Jaida’s exit line.

monet killed swish swish but trinity ate her up in the pink lipsync so it evened out.

congrats to the BEST winner in herstory :clap3:

Looking back, this season is kind of an example of production being far too heavy handed. If they ever do this again, just include the negative critiques and have something with higher stakes than blocking. There were just too many random twists with no real explanation, the challenge wins were always obvious at the beginning of the episode, lipsyncs were chopped to let everyone get at least one win (and I’m not just talking about Jinkx, this happened multiple times). It was just too plastic and produced. I get it was supposed to be a celebratory season, but it ended up just feeling dead and soulless at times. 

I hope they do it again with more winners but they really need to figure out how to make it more exciting to watch.

the editors breaking their heels trying to edit Kinkx Minorsoon's inability to lipsync in a positive light. :ahh:

yeah this franchise is washed up.

8 minutes ago, jqnetto said:

the editors breaking their heels trying to edit Kinkx Minorsoon's inability to lipsync in a positive light. :ahh:

yeah this franchise is washed up.

4hetuvty1he91.jpg

They didn't even cut it right, you can see the names on her lip sticks in this shot :deadbanana2:

11 minutes ago, Weld_E said:

Monet stans are crying about riggory due to the final lipsync but are also using this argument to justify Monet having a 'better track record', when the only reason she is ahead in stars is because they RIGGED the last challenge to have 3 stars. So are you okay with production meddling or not? You can't have it both ways.

Idk how many times we're gonna have to explain this, even without the twist Monét had enough stars to reach TOP 4. Having 3 stars was just enough to reach TOP 4, and it would have been Jinkx (4), Monét, Trinity & Jaida (all of them having 3). 

Edited by D.Va

Also, I think it’s fair that Monet is a bit upset. It’s 200k and the understanding of the rules was that if you win the final lipsync, you win the season. After production and Jinkx herself hyping her up, I can imagine it’s upsetting for the edit to have to include a dubbed voiceover from Ru saying the whole season was considered cause they knew their intended winner flopped hard at the last second. 

The LSFTC is just so messy. Sometimes it’s excellent (Sasha), sometimes it produces a weak winner who probably shouldn’t have won (Yvie/Willow), and sometimes the right winner wins in the end… but they didn’t win the lipsync by any stretch so their win ends on a weird note (Jinkx/Symone) and sometimes there’s just flat out payola that taints the entire finale (Aquaria). It’s just so inconsistent and it’s just annoying more than entertaining to most people now it seems. I was a big fan of the LSFTC cause I think going into the finale knowing who wins of track record is a little boring, but production just crowns who the want anyways so at least the former is more fair and understandable.

• ATRL Moderator
3 minutes ago, KasioKas said:

I can't believe we're comparing someone with very high (and much greater in volume) highs and a few lows to someone who was mostly middle of the pack and not nearly as great in volume of wins, and rooting for the latter?? :psyduck:

that's entirely your opinion though. mine is monet was consistently excellent rather than middle of the pack, especially towards the end of the season, and had as many or more highs than jinkx. hell, i'd even go so far as to say monet's NON-wins were far more memorable than jinkx's outright wins outside of judy. her talent show, girl groups verse, death scene in the acting challenge, rumix verse, branding dance, and her spoken word lipsync (!!!!!!) stand out to me more than "i was hit by a car" and a peanut butter sandwich. even a deserved win like jinkx's improv was completely overshadowed by viv blowing everyone out the water

ultimately everyone 'won' this season in some way:

monet had her strongest season showing yet, delivered the best talent show in history, and a lipsync that will go down in history

jaida proved herself as one of the best, if not the best, seamstress drag race has ever seen and her personality shone, plus she had possibly the best runway package in history

raja killed the runway and was introduced to a completely new audience who fell in love with her

jinkx killed five challenges and overwhelmingly won the fans

trinity had the greatest image rehabilitation of all time (which even i bought into :rip:)

shea made the finale, provided us with two excellent lipsyncs and numerous excellent challenge performances

viv introduced herself to american audiences and proved the british winners can confidently keep up with (and sometimes outshine) the american winners - i have no doubt lawrence would murder an all winners season and at LEAST make top four

yvie doubled her win count

and i'm happy for them all. it's just frustrating how both regular season and all stars finales usually kill the momentum seasons had, especially when the season was as good as as7 was

Monet more highs than Jinkx? I HAVE SEEN IT ALL :ahh:

How many time has Shea been eliminated by a queen wearing a red wig?

tyra-sanchez.gif

i was gagged by yvie at the yvie vs raja lipsync, but i guess i was more gagged by the result  :deadbanana4:  i was certain that yvie 100% would win that

6 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

The LSFTC is just so messy. Sometimes it’s excellent (Sasha), sometimes it produces a weak winner who probably shouldn’t have won (Yvie/Willow), and sometimes the right winner wins in the end… but they didn’t win the lipsync by any stretch so their win ends on a weird note (Jinkx/Symone) and sometimes there’s just flat out payola that taints the entire finale (Aquaria). It’s just so inconsistent and it’s just annoying more than entertaining to most people now it seems. I was a big fan of the LSFTC cause I think going into the finale knowing who wins of track record is a little boring, but production just crowns who the want anyways so at least the former is more fair and understandable.

It's actually so interesting they switched to the LSFTC finale knowing how calculating and hands on production is on the show and how unpredictable that format is. Yes, on paper it could end up creating gaggy and memorable moments, but it hasn't really happened often enough to keep it around as long as they did.

10 minutes ago, Unoriginal said:

ultimately everyone 'won' this season in some way:

shea made the finale, provided us with two excellent lipsyncs

yvie doubled her win count

shady:oh:

I can't believe Monét and Trinity had a secret alliance all this time, and none of us noticed :jonny:

Glad Yvie won over miss "Haha, I'm so quirky, I can't dance". Raja and Jaida were pretty even.

Jinkx wiping the runway with the Empress of Unimpressive makes sense with my fantasy.

I expected a little more from our twinner rematch, but Monét was the clear winner here.

Congrats to our Shaman of SheDoneHadHerpes :clap3: What a great showing after all this time.

And the queen who could hear the cackling down the street, is the one cackling in the end :heart2: 

So happy for Raja too :celestial:

My fave Drag Race girl doing my fave song from my fave Gaga album :jonny4: Oh yeah I won good today

Also in season 3 didn’t Delta say something about Phoenix doing some Bad Romance choreo during their lip sync and that she shouldn’t do that since it's cheap and lazy to copy? That’s stuck with me ever since so I wasn’t gagged when Shea did some Judas choreo 

I feel really bad for Jinx and all this backlash. Happy Raja has come full circle as well as she said she won't be doing anymore fashion review and stuff.

They robbed Monét because she did better in the lipsync, and the "rules" stated that this was the definitive factor

:giraffe:

Anyway congrats to Jinkx, she is great at what she does and the fans LOVE her

trinity beat Monet so it was riggory for her too:rip:

Jinxk won:clap3: Raja won:clap3:Monet stans fuming:clap3: haha its not gonna change a fact :foxaylove2: this is almost as nice when little payoulos was sent home:bibliahh:

Peak drag:clap3:

Honestly tho, all this “Jinkx backlash” is only on stan Twitter and Reddit, nobody cares in the real world. Everyone is happy Jinkx won since she deserved it. 

Btw where can I watch Monet and Bob’s livestream? I saw a link before I can not find it anymore. :rip:

1 minute ago, BadBoy said:

Honestly tho, all this “Jinkx backlash” is only on stan Twitter and Reddit, nobody cares in the real world. Everyone is happy Jinkx won since she deserved it. 

Btw where can I watch Monet and Bob’s livestream? I saw a link before I can not find it anymore. :rip:

WOW lawyers must have SNATCHED it :rip:

they really didn't have to have ru reminding us every episode it all comes down to the lipsync lalalaparasite if it doesn't matter 

Edited by HungryByTheBuffet

2 minutes ago, Cloudy said:

Shea's lip sync was wack :rip:

It would have been so much better if she had moved around a bit. She was killing the choreo, but it was all in the same spot…

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.