RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Make Your Own Kind of Rusic (f/ legendary lipsync)

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

• ATRL Moderator

5 hours ago, madonnas said:

I guess they based it also on track record the entire season

monet had the best track record and the most stars so they didn't

facts:

-monet beat trinity and dogwalked jinkx

-jinkx lost to shea, but production were never not letting her advance to top two. if you were gagged by jinkx spinning a cape around and doing a spin jump :skull:

-monet had the best track record and the most stars. she won the season and the finale

-even without the three star twist, monet still would have been in the top four (and top two) and had the best track record of the season

-unlike ANY other queen on as7, jinkx was awarded any time she was close to being the best in the challenge. even indisputable wins to the audience, such as monet's girl groups win, were ignored and given to other queens

-production ignored all the rules they set for themselves to crown someone who would be a deserving winner but didn't win this season

happy for raja and jinkx but it's unfortunate production shenanigans sour the experience for so many queens (at least half have spoken out against how the season was handled?) to the extent that even queens who weren't on as7 are now declining to ever return to the franchise

retire lsftc if it's going to be rigged regardless of who actually wins. why was it was fine when shea lost to sasha and asia's reveal failed but thrown out the window when trixie lost to kennedy, aquaria fumbled against eureka, gigi hired a warehouse during a pandemic, and trinity lost spectacularly against monet?

• Replies 42.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

Monet being payola'd to Top 4 only for the payola to run out in a lip sync against Kinkx :bibliahh:

Overall this was one of the worst finales in RPDR history. Boring, bad judging, questionable editing, etc. In no universe did Shea lose to Jinkx and Trin to ol girl.

So, that's why they were suddenly so many Monet stans here, praising her (sometimes) for no reason. :deadbanana4: Anyway, happy for Jinkx winning, she is one of the best queens from the show so, it's deserved (the lipsyncs results tho :rip: They should have done something like AS6, with every queen lipsyncing the song by herself, because literally, any result made sense :deadbanana4:).

4 hours ago, HotFriedChicken said:

Regardless, Shea humiliated herself tonight. What was she thinking with that AWFUL outfit, and that half hearted attempt at the Gaga choreo :deadbanana: she's been destroying her Drag Race legacy all season and this episode was the culmination

Imagine coming back being greedy after AS5 with the perfect edit.

she benefited literally NOTHING, don’t know why she agreed to this season.

23 minutes ago, karron0624 said:

Maybe Tyra made some points about Monet and Shea being losers. Maybe now that Beyonce is back, my baby will come back and show the them how you are supposed to win lipsyncs (in 3 seconds or less).

tyra-sanchez.gif

I love my AS2 Winners winner. 

tyra-sanchez.gif

I was rewatching S10 and I really need miss Asia O'Hara back in an AS too. :jonnycat: What a queen! Pure excellence. :hawkeye:

• ATRL Moderator

I'm so happy this season is over :rip: 

AS2 > 3 > 6 > 1 > 7 > 4 > 5

3 hours ago, KaledKalil said:

How many times has Monet lost?

tyra-sanchez.gif

After selling her soul, ru still said no. :deadbanana2:

this couldn’t have ended any better :alexz: BOTH of my favs winning :alexz: and most importantly monet XTINCT LOSERRRRR

3 hours ago, Hephaestus said:

I wonder what came out in the spoilers for Monétion to root so hard for her from the get go considering she didn't get another challenge win for many many episodes. I can imagine placements and lip sync songs getting out, so they must've thought Monét had it in the bag, hence the gloating.

There was a placement chart showing every single challenge win and star given from ep.1 and the monet girls lost their kinds. :ahh:

3 seasons and only .5 of a crown to show for it :rip: Poor Xtinct.

In the end, this is how Drag Race should be. The person who did the best all season long and therefore proved that they are the most talented queen on the cast should win.

Jinkx's Snatch Game is the only moment from the season that people will remember when talking about AS7.

25 minutes ago, Unoriginal said:

facts:

-jinkx lost to shea, but production were never not letting her advance to top two. if you were gagged by jinkx spinning a cape around and doing a spin jump :skull:

-monet had the best track record and the most stars. she won the season and the finale

-even without the three star twist, monet still would have been in the top four (and top two) and had the best track record of the season

-unlike ANY other queen on as7, jinkx was awarded any time she was close to being the best in the challenge. even indisputable wins to the audience, such as monet's girl groups win, were ignored and given to other queens

-production ignored all the rules they set for themselves to crown someone who would be a deserving winner but didn't win this season

happy for raja and jinkx but it's unfortunate production shenanigans sour the experience for so many queens (at least half have spoken out against how the season was handled?) to the extent that even queens who weren't on as7 are now declining to ever return to the franchise

retire lsftc if it's going to be rigged regardless of who actually wins. why was it was fine when shea lost to sasha and asia's reveal failed but thrown out the window when trixie lost to kennedy, aquaria fumbled against eureka, gigi hired a warehouse during a pandemic, and trinity lost spectacularly against monet?

Jinkx won literally 5 challenges so how is Monet suddenly having the best track record with 3 challenge wins? :deadbanana4:

The fanfictions being written here. 

Should we talk about how this was the winners season and it was kinda… not good. Only two good lipsyncs, fashion was meh for “winners”, the sanitization of the critiques made them even more boring than usual, winner serving Blu Hydrangea yea… AS7 was a BOOT!

• ATRL Moderator

9 minutes ago, killer_rose said:

Jinkx won literally 5 challenges so how is Monet suddenly having the best track record with 3 challenge wins? :deadbanana4:

The fanfictions being written here. 

regardless, i wasn't the one who brought track record into the conversation and ru said multiple times over the season that track record meant nothing, stars did, so monet was the frontrunner even if you struggle to accept it

I would have preferred Monet snatching the crown and Jinkx taking a lovely second place but I'm not mad at the outcome.

So happy for Raja too! :heart2: 

40 minutes ago, Unoriginal said:

facts:

sorry but a lot of this is your opinion rather than fact, let's not belittle jinkx's acomplishments to praise monet, she did well in challenges but the name of this game is wins, and she was rarely the best of the group early and mid season.

34 minutes ago, R.E.M. said:

Monet is so bitter in the After Party :bibliahh:

link? did they do winner reactions?

6 minutes ago, Unoriginal said:

These highs are all debateable,but  a win is a win, and there's was twice the opportunity to get a win this season, monet just didn't do as well, Jinkx deserves her win.

Well congrats to Jinx but this finale was an entire mess :skull: 

Shea ate up Jinx in the Judas lipsync and this is coming from an OSH. I mean I was so gagged at her doing the actual choreo :eek: At least Trin vs Monet was a little more close so Monet moving on was right.

And that lipstick move sounded so *****, disgusting how they edited it out. I really hope the reunion actually happens because all the girls have so much tea to spill. 

3 minutes ago, Floren said:

I don't fully buy Jinx was the clear front runner Viv washed her on multiple challenges and was much more rounded. Monet won the most stars so according to their rules she was the front runner.

Regardless of how you twist the logic Jinx didn't deserve the win

now this is the argument we should be having

34 minutes ago, Mistah.Beyonce said:

There was a placement chart showing every single challenge win and star given from ep.1 and the monet girls lost their kinds. :ahh:

That makes even less sense. Why would they set their fave up like that knowing she'd get some payola along the way (although she deserved to win the talent show, let's be clear)? Looks like overcompensation to me, but to each their own I guess :bam:

• ATRL Moderator
2 minutes ago, KasioKas said:

sorry but a lot of this is your opinion rather than fact

not really :katie: i would've added the monet deserving girl groups and acting if i wanted to opine, plus jinkx losing against trinity to kings & queens.

everything i said is factually what happened in the season (other than shea beating jinkx but you don't need two working eyes to see that). in the words of mo heart, facts are facts america

2 minutes ago, Unoriginal said:

not really :katie: i would've added the monet deserving girl groups and acting if i wanted to opine, plus jinkx losing against trinity to kings & queens.

everything i said is factually what happened in the season (other than shea beating jinkx but you don't need two working eyes to see that). in the words of mo heart, facts are facts america

im not talking lipsyncs, im talking wins, challenge wins, she excelled throughout the season so let's give her her props. Jinkx is not the best lipsyncer we all know this. Your judgment is clouded.

• ATRL Moderator
2 minutes ago, KasioKas said:

im not talking lipsyncs, im talking wins, challenge wins, she excelled throughout the season so let's give her her props

this is entirely unrelated to what i said in either post lol but i'll have that conversation. jinkx had the most wins (and deserved them all, i'm not discrediting anything she excelled at), but also bombed three challenges (ball, design, acting). monet, even when she wasn't top two, was never near the bottom of the pack in challenges and overlooked for at least two wins

3 minutes ago, KasioKas said:

Jinkx is not the best lipsyncer we all know this.

agree, but the finale format was lipsync for the crown. jinkx lost both lipsyncs and thus shouldn't have been crowned based on the finale format. that we can agree on

3 minutes ago, Unoriginal said:

this is entirely unrelated to what i said in either post lol but i'll have that conversation. jinkx had the most wins (and deserved them all, i'm not discrediting anything she excelled at), but also bombed three challenges (ball, design, acting). monet, even when she wasn't top two, was never near the bottom of the pack in challenges and overlooked for at least two wins

agree, but the finale format was lipsync for the crown. jinkx lost both lipsyncs and thus shouldn't have been crowned based on the finale format. that we can agree on

I can't believe we're comparing someone with very high (and much greater in volume) highs and a few lows to someone who was mostly middle of the pack and not nearly as great in volume of wins, and rooting for the latter?? :psyduck:

Re: format can't argue there, you know Ru will choose the one who did better overall and the lipsync is merely entertainment, annoying but true, case in point Bimini/Chaney. Maybe he pities queens who obviously can't lipsync well but are thrown into that as the finale, which brings up the point: change the damn format so everyone can play to their strengths.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.