RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Make Your Own Kind of Rusic (f/ legendary lipsync)

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

When Raja won against freaking Yvie, that's when I know Jinkx will win even after she came out in that outfit. :dies:

• Replies 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

It took y’all this long to realize that the show just does what it wants for its own and external benefits?

11 minutes ago, Hephaestus said:

Certain remarks about Jinkx are disgusting, let's be real. You can be mad about your fave losing without stooping so low to trash the winner, it's really not that serious.

I like Jinkx, she slayed the season challenges & certainly deserved her spot in the top, it’s also not her fault how the producers edit the lipsyncs nor choose who’s crowned, BUT - it’s the production tomfoolery that cheapens her win, actually & incites this type of reaction among viewers. 

Why have a lipsync at all if it isn’t going to be considered? They could’ve easily had a different type of challenge to secure their chosen winner without doubt. This way just feels wrong & anyone with eyes can see she was fried, chewed up & spat out in the final performance.

And it’s actually Jinkx fans that have hurled abuse, racism & bigotry at Monet, and devalued her talent all season, so pls. Talking about “low”. 

Edited by FOCK

Manila Luzon

The Vivienne

Jaida Essence Hall

Yvie Oddly

RAJA

#raja from let's go girl

It was "the winner gets a legendary star"

Then it was "actually the winner gets 3 legendary stars!"

It was "the winner will be decided by a final lipsync in the Final Lipsync LalapaRuza Extravaganza"

Then it was "actually nevermind, the final lipsync doesn't count at all!"

A ******* JOKE :rip:

2 minutes ago, FOCK said:

I like Jinkx, she slayed the season challenges & certainly deserved her spot in the top, it’s also not her fault how the producers edit the lipsyncs nor choose who’s crowned, BUT - it’s the production tomfoolery that cheapens her win, actually & incites this type of reaction among viewers. 

Why have a lipsync at all if it isn’t going to be considered? They could’ve easily had a different type of challenge to secure their chosen winner without doubt. This way just feels wrong & anyone with eyes can see she was fried, chewed up & spat out in the final performance.

While I agree, especially with the first part, at this point the majority of the fandom is aware of how much production interference the show has. It's not an actual competition, it's a TV show for all intents and purposes, so fans should focus their anger at WOW instead of the queens who have literally no input in how the show portraits, edits and produce them.

9 minutes ago, Riot said:

Lip sync assassin

Legend

EYE-CON

Fan fave

RAJA

#raja from let's go girl

3 minutes ago, Riot said:

Manila Luzon

The Vivienne

Jaida Essence Hall

Yvie Oddly

RAJA

#raja from let's go girl

A legend if you ask me! :gaygacat5:

At least in season 9 they had the decency to have a result that matched what people with eyes had just seen despite track record. Monét literally BULLDOZED Jinkx 3 times in one lipsync :hoetenks:

Jinkx did not rap?!?!? That's why Nicki's part was cut?! :bibliahh:

Thank God the fans and Ru love her. :bibliahh:

1 hour ago, Witch Privilege said:

Too bad The Only One is banned. Would have been so interested to see her insight after trying to spoil the season. I'm sure she is seething.

You can say hello to her in the Spoiled thread anytime sis 

ezgif-7-062a1d29f4be.thumb.gif.e8607973e 

2 hours ago, Hephaestus said:

And yet it hasn't happened even once since S9. It's pretty safe to say that a moment like that will never happen again and even if it does it'll always be compared to Sasha's. It's unfortunate that the format peaked the first year it was introduced, but it is what it is and I'd like for the show to move on from it.

Yvie and Willow gave us a pretty good moments too. I just said Sasha because it’s the most iconic. :rip:

Monet said that production told her that she won the final lip sync yet her fans keep saying that Jinkx won bc of production? That doesn't seem to make sense. :gaycat2:

Y'all but can we talk about Raja's runway look? She look so FIERCE, god, I love the FASHION QUEEN of the season

Jinkx Monsoon being the ultimate winner just feels right :clap3:

congrats queen:WAP:

If Only Rolaskatox from season 5 could see this :gaycat1:

Monet Stans need to chill, Jinkx was better than her the entire season 

1 minute ago, OreGuy said:

Monet said that production told her that she won the final lip sync yet her fans keep saying that Jinkx won bc of production? That doesn't seem to make sense. :gaycat2:

Lrjskdhsjdh literally everything that happened to Monet would've been lashed if it was Jinkx instead. You're telling me she was told by production that she slayed to the point of convincing herself she had the win but they want to argue about riggory? :lmao: 

6 minutes ago, BadBoy said:

Yvie and Willow gave us a pretty good moments too. I just said Sasha because it’s the most iconic. :rip:

I agree for Yvie, Willow was meh in my opinion. Both gags are not as good as Sasha's though, so my point still stands: the lip sync smackdown peaked in S9 and needs to be retired.

12 minutes ago, OreGuy said:

Filming crew and post production crew are not the same. The way you thought you were slick with this comment & that gay cat emoji  sdfghjklo

Conflicts between filming and post production crews happen all the time on Drag Race. Exemple : the filming crew telling Silky to show her personality because they thought she would be a fan favorite, just for the post production crew to give her the most obnoxious edit ever. 

Edited by D.Va

I'm conflicted because Jinkx deserved based on her performance all season but Monet did better in the lip sync. 

Why is Bob the one bothered about Monet losing more than the actual Monet tho… :rip:

Lol this finale was rigged as ****.

How it should have been:

Yvie vs. The Viv Winner Yvie

Raja vs. Jaida Winner Raja

Yvie vs. Raja Winner Yvie

Shea vs Jinx Winner Shea

Monet vs Trinity Winner Trinity

Jinx vs Monet Winner Monet

literally i cant it has NEVER been so evident ?

also, I 

5 minutes ago, D.Va said:

Filming crew and post production crew are not the same. The way you thought you were slick with this comment & that gay cat emoji  sdfghjklo

I was just basing that on Point #7 of this reddit thread. It says production AND crew. :gaycat:

#WeLoveYouMonét#WeLoveYouMonét#WeLoveYouMonét

1 minute ago, LionH3art said:

Lol this finale was rigged as ****.

How it should have been:

Yvie vs. The Viv Winner Yvie

Raja vs. Jaida Winner Raja

Yvie vs. Raja Winner Yvie

Shea vs Jinx Winner Shea

Monet vs Trinity Winner Trinity

Jinx vs Monet Winner Monet

literally i cant it has NEVER been so evident ?

Tbh I think the same. 

Anyways #WeLoveYouMonét :heart: how is she though?

Congrats to Jinkx!! QUEEN OF ALL QUEENS

15 minutes ago, OreGuy said:

You think the film crew decides? :toofunny3: The type of “Production” that decides the winner are Ru & the executive producers, who take into account the queen that they deem most marketable and profitable, fan vote & social media engagement etc. It’s a business. Monet still won that lipsync & the witnesses concur. 

4 minutes ago, BadBoy said:

Why is Bob the one bothered about Monet losing more than the actual Monet tho… :rip:

I hope you're blessed with a best friend, so that you may understand why Bob is upset. 

That lipstick move sounded so C U N T. I'm mad we'll never see it.

raven.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.