RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Make Your Own Kind of Rusic (f/ legendary lipsync)

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

2 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

Monet frontrunner :clap3:

If she doesn't win this week's challenge... :biblio: That Ru-TRL robbery did her IN

She deserves AT least 4 stars right now (could even argue 5 stars if you think of her Legend Look was kinda gaggy!)

• Replies 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

Monet's roast on Jaida's teeth was the most brutal read of the night. She deserved that high placement. :bird:

Normally she's super cringe but this was really cute and fun 

6 hours ago, TrueBlood said:

I kinda agree. Even though the star system is very enjoyable 'cause it keeps you engaged while trying to keep count, trying to make up queen's strategies etc. it's also a bit plain, and it translates in having general poor lipsyncs. I mean, why would anyone wanna win an episode? Strategy-wise, I think it's best to get a star and not having to block anyone, so that you don't make enemies. Trinity was the only one who seemed to get this.

Is it? Does it? lmao i could care less about stars this season. if no one is going home there is, quite literally no stakes. :rip:

They should have done drop-offs.

Like, if by episode 3 you dont have a star, you go home.

If by episode 6 you dont have 2, you go home

etc.

Could have accomplished both formats that compliment eachother.

This twist is clearly only meant to favour Shea :rip: will never understand the boner that production have for her. I bet there exists a cut of the S9 finale where they tried to edit Sasha's rose petals out :rip:

If they wanted her in the finale so bad why not throw her some payola wins like Trinity

• ATRL Moderator

without the gifted star or three stars twists:

-jinkx and trinity would be shoo-ins for the finale

-jaida, monet, raja, and viv would be competing for three stars and a guaranteed top four spot

-shea and yvie would be competing for a second star and therefore a tie with three (if one of the two star queens wins) or four (if no two star queens wins) queens for the last finale spots, probably with some kind of lipsync twist or jinkx and trinity picking one finalist each, or the guaranteed top three collectively choosing a two star queen to progress 

like this really is still anyone's game :michael: the twists haven't been as dramatic as some of you want to make out they are

39 minutes ago, dancingqueen said:

Normally she's super cringe but this was really cute and fun 

I love all of her music videos. This one was so good. Priyanka keeps showing why she was the best option to win CDR. She is such a star and one of my favorite winners from the franchise :clap3:

No Watch Mojo “Best Drag Queen Music Videos” countdown will ever convince me Priyanka should have won CDR1 over Jimbo x

That being said, off the show she is a STAR. :clap3: 

1 hour ago, HotFriedChicken said:

This twist is clearly only meant to favour Shea :rip: will never understand the boner that production have for her. I bet there exists a cut of the S9 finale where they tried to edit Sasha's rose petals out :rip:

If they wanted her in the finale so bad why not throw her some payola wins like Trinity

The twist isn't meant for Shea PLEASE it's just to add stakes before the finale otherwise the Top 4 would be super predictable right now. 

4 minutes ago, D.Va said:

The twist isn't meant for Shea PLEASE it's just to add stakes before the finale otherwise the Top 4 would be super predictable right now. 

PLEASE they have been giving out payola wins and random pity stars all season. If they wanted an unpredictable Top 4 there were a million better ways to get there. This twist is to get Shea into the finale at all costs all while maintaining the underdog storyline they've been building up the last few episodes

I cannot believe they manufactured a whole season with all winners just to hand SHEA COULEE of all people another crown :ahh: AS5 was a joke but this just takes the cake. And them having the nerve to use Jinkx as a red herring to throw us off the scent knowing full well this twist was coming and everything up to this point was irrelevant :ahh:

10 minutes ago, HotFriedChicken said:

I cannot believe they manufactured a whole season with all winners just to hand SHEA COULEE of all people another crown :ahh: AS5 was a joke but this just takes the cake. And them having the nerve to use Jinkx as a red herring to throw us off the scent knowing full well this twist was coming and everything up to this point was irrelevant :ahh:

In the end it’s all about the money they can make afterwards. Why give it to The Vivienne, the underdog who has been stomping all season and has barely put a foot wrong, when you can give it to Shea, who has a million more Instagram followers? They really do not care about the reception anymore, because they know they can just shove out another season a few weeks later and everyone will forget about it.

This has to be one of the most absurd moment in Drag Race Herstory. The thing is: Shea has the worsts track record of the season, . I think it's only fair and logical that being the worst in the last episode, to get to the finale she has to fight the hardest. And she would already have her chance to go to the finale even with just another star: she just had to win this challenge. We would have had Jinx, Trinity, Jaida + one of the 2 stars queens. They could have done one more episode with a lipsync tournament to determine the fourth finalist, and that would have been it.

A twist THIS absurd already spoils the entire thing, 'cause it's so absurd that it ONLY makes sense if it's applied to Shea, and specifically to send her straight to the finale. If any of the 2 stars queens win this challenge, then we have a Top 4 already. But the thing is, all the queens with 2 stars would automatically be in the finale even with just one more star, so why give them 3?

And it's also clear than Jinx, Trinity and Jaida won't win this challenge, 'cause why would they need 3 more stars? That would be useless, as we'd have a fourth spot to be determined between the two stars queens, and Shea would automatically be out, therefore having a useless last challenge AND a useless twist, 'cause there would be no need to give 3 stars to 3 queens who would already be in the finale.

I mean, it's so obvious that it's just absurd to think this is happening for real.

Just now, rihxnicki said:

In the end it’s all about the money they can make afterwards. Why give it to The Vivienne, the underdog who has been stomping all season and has barely put a foot wrong, when you can give it to Shea, who has a million more Instagram followers? They really do not care about the reception anymore, because they know they can just shove out another season a few weeks later and everyone will forget about it.

The problem is that, given how toxic the fanbases are, this could potentially end up with Shea being completely cancelled by everyone. I can't believe they're really doing this when Shea could have easily still be in the Top 4 without making it so obvious.

Is everyone stupid ? Shea should have won the Girl Group Challenge and could have very well won the Monologue Challenge, she's been doing good. 

Moreover, let's take an easy exemple : say Jinkx & Shea win this week, then Jinkx has 5 stars, Trinity & Jaida have 3 stars and everyone else has 2 stars. How would the producers manage a 5-WAY TIE ? This 3 stars twist is here to lessen the chance of a tie and make the stakes equal for everybody, I don't see why everyone is screaming and crying about :skull:

3 minutes ago, TrueBlood said:

The problem is that, given how toxic the fanbases are, this could potentially end up with Shea being completely cancelled by everyone. I can't believe they're really doing this when Shea could have easily still be in the Top 4 without making it so obvious.

Lol that’s already happening now that this preview has come out. Everyone can see through the producers’ bullshit nowadays. The funny thing is, if they just did a normal season with no twists, no payola, and no general fuckery, everyone would really enjoy it and call it one of the best seasons of all time, like AS2.

Drag Race had built up such a good reputation around the time of AS2 (with S7 being the only small stain), but they’ve ****** it up completely by having the most heavy handed behind the scenes manipulation I’ve ever seen on a reality show.

from the looks of the shea meltdowns, its clear don’t if yskk have been reading  spoile. I have not so stop it bc y’all making it obvious. 

participation awards for all everyone wins and prize money equally divided minus shea and raja, the season’s btm two. 

1 minute ago, D.Va said:

Is everyone stupid ? Shea should have won the Girl Group Challenge and could have very well won the Monologue Challenge, she's been doing good. 

Moreover, let's take an easy exemple : say Jinkx & Shea win this week, then Jinkx has 5 stars, Trinity & Jaida have 3 stars and everyone else has 2 stars. How would the producers manage a 5-WAY TIE ? This 3 stars twist is here to lessen the chance of a tie and make the stakes equal for everybody, I don't see why everyone is screaming and crying about :skull:

The thing is, she didn’t win those challenges. Drag Race for years now has gone for shock value through twists etc and it’s too obvious to the viewers. Had they given Shea those wins, they wouldn’t have had to manipulate her way into the top 4 with such obvious tactics. People still view this as a competition show, but there’s no real competition element when it all comes down to the very last week. It’s like if Darienne Lake had made top 3 over Bianca Del Rio for doing better in the last challenge.

They are setting Shea up and if she wins, the backlash against her will be huge and nasty and we all know this racist and toxic fanbase will not mince their words :skull:

The thing is, with a twist like this one even a queen who wouldn't have won any stars at all could just win this challenge and go into the finale :rip: maybe that's why it's been made like this but producers had more than enough time to reconsider this, this is simply too game-breaking

Edited by bestfiction

Shea should have at least 2 stars anyway, she was robbed in the girl group challenge and the grad speech imo. 

Anyways the twist should be 2 stars and not 3 to make it more 'fair' but let's not act like this twist can only benefit her, it can benefit all girls. 

This twist for the talent show/variety show episode?!? Ugh and the talent shows have all been flops aside from España season 2 and given all the “singers” on this cast I’m gonna mentally prepare for a ton of horrible original drag songs ? they need to ban those in the future. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.