RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Make Your Own Kind of Rusic (f/ legendary lipsync)

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

Jinkx pretending to mix up her words in that "nervous high" was the worst moment of the season. That might work with the cute babybois but it was so cringe to watch as an adult.

• Replies 42.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Relampago. said:

The thing about Jinkx is that if you’re not a fan of boomer/anachronistic humor, there is absolutely nothing left to stan. Horrible lipsyncs, below mediocre outfits (on a winners season :skull:), can’t sew, can’t perform, and can’t dance (despite apparently having a dancing background??).

It’s baffling to me that people think she’s one of the strongest winners because there are other winners who can also be funny but do tons of other things on top of that, or even winners who over-excel in one area just like Jinkx too. As much as I hate to say it, Tuck is another queen who is good at Drag Race and benefits from the format (heavily comedy focused) like Jinkx, but damn at least she can do more than just “be funny”. :deadbanana4:

Spill it.

The gag is queens like Bob can do every single thing Jinkx does plus more. Out of Jinkx's 5 wins across 2 seasons, 4 of them have been improv based and one was a speech that was an undeserved win anyway. There's a reason why she and Jaida are the only queens to never be "high" outside of their challenge wins this season. They excel really well at their one particular field and then its pretty much crickets. People are acting like Jinkx has been stomping the competition when she's bombed half the challenges because there's nothing this fandom stans harder than a weird white woman. 

It takes a real special kind of winner to excel at a variety of challenges. Not everyone has that.

2f2339009553825c882ac031e5d0bcd5afcd9940

52 minutes ago, Bimbo said:

Jinkx pretending to mix up her words in that "nervous high" was the worst moment of the season. That might work with the cute babybois but it was so cringe to watch as an adult.

This, this, this. I was watching with my friends and they, being Jinkx stans, we’re eating it up. I was just :biblio: 

If a grown adult started getting on desks and acting like those quirky, lol random XD, “I like pie!!!” girls from middle school, I would be cringing and concerned. Jinkx doesn’t have to be a boring stick in the mud to be an adult, but there’s a difference between Jaida walking around and acting goofy in Viv’s outfit vs. whatever that midlife crisis at 34 act Jinkx was doing. 

Jealousy is a disease *******, get over it

giphy.gif?cid=790b76119648943646fdaa7ac9

Jinme's extreme success on the limited topics make her win more hearts than moderate talent of your faves' multiple subjects

Also 3 wins >> 1 win + 2 highs, good luck with getting legendary legend stars with them high placements

5 hours ago, satellites.™ said:

Monet sorta just being there. :deadbanana4:

Tbh that's the only way I ever viewed her :rip: I truly don't get her

1 hour ago, TheOnlyOne said:

They excel really well at their one particular field and then its pretty much crickets.

This is a great point and makes me wonder why Jinkx gets a pass in spite of her narrow skillset. Is it because so few queens are good at improv? Because she gets so many laughs? (Lots of things are often forgiven if someone is funny.) Because of her charisma? Maybe a combination of all three?

Honestly I'd argue that Viv has the most fleshed-out skillset. Can act, do improv (she's easily the best impressionist of the franchise), is funny, can sew, has looks, etc. What are her weaknesses? 

4 minutes ago, Goaty said:

Honestly I'd argue that Viv has the most fleshed-out skillset. Can act, do improv (she's easily the best impressionist of the franchise), is funny, can sew, has looks, etc. What are her weaknesses? 

I'd say Viv struggles being a team player. In DRUK1 her bottom placement was in the girl group challenge and in the winners season she was not happy at all with the formation of her group and to get things even sour by the end she blocked her teammate. 

Thinking about when Jinkx earns her 2nd crown 

Rupauls Drag Race Omg GIF by LogoTV

3 hours ago, Relampago. said:

The thing about Jinkx is that if you’re not a fan of boomer/anachronistic humor, there is absolutely nothing left to stan. Horrible lipsyncs, below mediocre outfits (on a winners season :skull:), can’t sew, can’t perform, and can’t dance (despite apparently having a dancing background??).

It’s baffling to me that people think she’s one of the strongest winners because there are other winners who can also be funny but do tons of other things on top of that, or even winners who over-excel in one area just like Jinkx too. As much as I hate to say it, Tuck is another queen who is good at Drag Race and benefits from the format (heavily comedy focused) like Jinkx, but damn at least she can do more than just “be funny”. :deadbanana4:

No lies detected.

F-words in here calling Jinkx “narrow” when she’s good at literally everything except fashion 

23 minutes ago, Cersei Lannister said:

F-words in here calling Jinkx “narrow” when she’s good at literally everything except fashion 

Everything except fashion, makeup, lipsyncs, design challenges, and performance challenges*

Is this the mug of the Queen of all Queens to you?

Christ even Bob can paint better and she’s got like 10x less options of which brands even carry her shade of foundation. Jinkx makeup skills are at Rose level

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, Goaty said:

I agree. From this cast, I think she's the most well-rounded. I found her annoying on UK1 so thought she lacked charisma, but I think she's actually pretty likeable on AS7. (The only tiring thing is that 99.7% of her confessionals are sex jokes. Like sis, try another form of humor, please.)

Jinkx is talented

but

Trinity, Monet or Viv(ienne Pinay) for the win

7EiHu4r.gif

Viv lacks C in the unty, though in this case the C is confidence which is why she has to hide behind characters and accents even when asked to be herself for a more serious challenge like dragulation 

The Twinners are highkey the most well rounded of the cast and only one of them is hirable 

giphy.gif

Some of the takes in here...reek of extreme bitterness and unnecessary hate.

It's not that serious, chill. :deadbanana4:

5 hours ago, Relampago. said:

Oh on I agree here, Jinx is one trick, but that one trick is so good it topples some other queens in total, like Monet.

3 hours ago, Goaty said:

This is a great point and makes me wonder why Jinkx gets a pass in spite of her narrow skillset. Is it because so few queens are good at improv? Because she gets so many laughs? (Lots of things are often forgiven if someone is funny.) Because of her charisma? Maybe a combination of all three?

I genuinely think it’s because Jinkx has had one of the best drag race edits of all time, even this season. She is THE “underdog” and everyone loves a success story. That victimhood narrative also transfers over to the fanbase who basically see exactly what the show tells them (Rolaskatox bullying her/everyone trying to block Jinkx in AS7) and her personality fits right in line with the Trixie/Katya-esque fanbase taste.

Cause yeah, Jinkx gets away with things that the queens of color on this show could only dream of, and not that she should be crucified for her baby boi fetish but if Shea, Monet or even Raja did something like that… curtains. But in the meantime, one trick ponies like Violet, Bianca, Trixie, etc all get their due lashings, at least in this thread. 

1 minute ago, Bimbo said:

She actually updated the look with a new wig and makeup

tt795zfece891.jpg

Just having an actual lip elevated it like 30%. What was she thinking during that episode? :deadbanana4: 

2 minutes ago, Bimbo said:

She actually updated the look with a new wig and makeup

tt795zfece891.jpg

73aU.gif

3 hours ago, Goaty said:

She doesn't take big risks. She's predictable. 

the monet stanning is suspicious nnnn like what is there to stan? nnn she hasn't touched top 3 both maxi and runway since ep 2

4 hours ago, TheOnlyOne said:

Everything except fashion, makeup, lipsyncs, design challenges, and performance challenges*

Is this the mug of the Queen of all Queens to you?

Christ even Bob can paint better and she’s got like 10x less options of which brands even carry her shade of foundation. Jinkx makeup skills are at Rose level

I will admit that her taste level in terms of makeup and clothes can be… questionable. But meh, you can always hire a stylist for that. Judy Garland didn’t do her own makeup.

7EiHu4r.gif

Based on the season so far, the top 4 for me is Viv, Jinx, Trinity and Jaida regardless of personal opinion prior to the show.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.